Hormones, cows and the new trade deal: What you need to know


White_Unifier
#1
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/usmca...ones-1.4849423

I hope the new deal includes a clause that allows farmers in the 'Land of the free' to label their milk hormone-free. Heck, if Trump had half a brain cell, he'd realize that that would even help US milk exports.
 
taxslave
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Doesn't matter what kind of deal the politians make , we do not have to buy imported anything. Consumers have a great deal of power if they care to exercise it.
 
petros
#3
We import a God awful lot of food from the US and South America.
 
MHz
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/usmca...ones-1.4849423

I hope the new deal includes a clause that allows farmers in the 'Land of the free' to label their milk hormone-free. Heck, if Trump had half a brain cell, he'd realize that that would even help US milk exports.

Where do you see Canadian farmers being 'upset' that their products will be the same as the US. The regulations they follow are fewer rather than increased.
How good it is for you is not part of the issue. Govt subs are though so if the dairy industry get money now they will be getting more for doing less. Business owners do not shy away from those kinds of changes.
 
MHz
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

We import a God awful lot of food from the US and South America.

Food is the first step in control, take away a people's ability to grow the food they need and you can lay a siege on the pretty easy. Cuba and Venezuela are two recent examples of the power you have when you can deny food to a country that used to be able to at least feed themselves before 'the West' came along to help them 'modernize'.

As many times as it has played out it shows one thing very clearly, when you adopt fiat banking ways there is only one possible outcome, your country will be destroyed.
 
EagleSmack
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post


I hope the new deal includes a clause that allows farmers in the 'Land of the free' to label their milk hormone-free. Heck, if Trump had half a brain cell, he'd realize that that would even help US milk exports.


Oh many Canadians will buy that milk.
 
White_Unifier
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh many Canadians will buy that milk.

I don't even buy Canadian milk, so what makes you think I'll start buying US milk?
 
10larry
+1
#8
Milk across the river is a bargain even the jogs clearly labelled hormone free, those jugs cost a bit more but still half the price of trudoughs market managed product. Consumer choice works, politically managed market not so much.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I don't even buy Canadian milk, so what makes you think I'll start buying US milk?


I said many Canadian will buy that milk, and they will.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by 10larry View Post

Milk across the river is a bargain even the jogs clearly labelled hormone free, those jugs cost a bit more but still half the price of trudoughs market managed product. Consumer choice works, politically managed market not so much.


10larry knows.
 
White_Unifier
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by 10larry View Post

Milk across the river is a bargain even the jogs clearly labelled hormone free, those jugs cost a bit more but still half the price of trudoughs market managed product. Consumer choice works, politically managed market not so much.

From my understanding, most US milk is hormone-free. If so, then as long as it's labelled hormone-free, it would make it across the border, and rightfully so. It helps Canada's poor.
 
MHz
#12
Does the brown have any color additives?
Just throw a label on it and that is what it is, what lab is going to go to Court and swear the label is wrong? (when the parent company makes the additives)
 
10larry
#13
Nothing gets past the fda.