Woman's deadly cannabis allergy highlights complexity of condo living

White_Unifier
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ondo-1.4830526

How complicated does this really need to be? Allow the medical cannabis users to drink it as a tea or in some other way and ban smoking it. Done. Does it really need to be that complicated?

taxslave
Why is it you always want to ban something that is legal?

petros
Deadly? Bullshit.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ondo-1.4830526
How complicated does this really need to be? Allow the medical cannabis users to drink it as a tea or in some other way and ban smoking it. Done. Does it really need to be that complicated?

Naive and intrusive. Typical WU.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Why is it you always want to ban something that is legal?

So you don't care about a compatriot's well-being even if she may be deathly allergic?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there exist other ways to consume cannabis for medicinal purposes other than smoking it, no?

And if you read the article, it appears that they'll be heading in the direction of banning smoking it on her floor and the floors above and below hers if it's found that the medical cannabis users can consume it in a safer way.

Quick, start a petition guaranteeing the right to smoke cannabis even around those who may be deathly allergic to it! Show your patriotism!

petros
+1
There are but they aren't as effective and thanks to the Charter and the Right to chose your medicine you have hit a dead end.

petros
https://www.torys.com/pages/fdl/2016...charter-rights

White_Unifier

https://www.torys.com/pages/fdl/2016...charter-rights

But if you read the article, we're now dealing with with competing rights, such as the right to protection from marijuana smoke that could cause a deadly allergic reaction. If there exists an alternative way to consume it, then that would protect the right of both parties involved.

White_Unifier
+1

What I find naive and intrusive is smoking marijuana when your neighbour is deathly allergic to it.

petros
Does this "deadly allergy" classify as an autoimmune disease?

White_Unifier

Does this "deadly allergy" classify as an autoimmune disease?

How does that relate to her right to protection against a deadly allergen?

petros
+1
She never experienced anaphylaxis so deadly is bullshit and like an other non-anyphylaxis inducing allergen it's treatable.

White_Unifier
+1
One thing that cheers me is that the new law will allow property managers to ban recreational smoking on their properties. That's a start. As for consumption as prescribed by a competent physician, I'd say even that should limit itself to methods that do not expose others to it. In other words, through means other than smoking it.

petros
Sorry. Ain't gonna happen.

I hope like Hell you never end up developing MS.

The confusion would put you in the bin.

White_Unifier

Sorry. Ain't gonna happen.
I hope like Hell you never end up developing MS.
The confusion would put you in the bin.

Is that where you're typing from?

petros
Yes, I have MS and it's a shitty place to be in.

White_Unifier

Yes, I have MS and it's a shitty place to be in.

Sorry to read that.

petros
+2
#19  Top Rated Post
If you had any idea what it's like pre and post joint, you'd disapprove of a fictional allergy too.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What I find naive and intrusive is smoking marijuana when your neighbour is deathly allergic to it.

I don't believe her. And even in the odd chance she is allergic then she can find a different place to live that suits her. There is no reason many other people's rights should be trampled for one hypocondriac.

petros
I bet if you handed her a joint rolled with oregano she'd have a reaction.

Hoof Hearted
+1
Lots of discussion here in town about where you will be able to smoke weed next week.

My guess is that stoners simply don't care. Once it's legal, they'll be lighting up everywhere.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Lots of discussion here in town about where you will be able to smoke weed next week.

Nothing will change.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

My guess is that stoners simply don't care. Once it's legal, they'll be lighting up everywhere.

They're already lighting up everywhere. Downtown already stinks of cannabis.

Danbones
You can smell it over the smell of cars and the meat packing houses?
( You do drive and eat meat right? )

people die from all that type stuff you do all the time!

Quote:

Yeah just like they drink beer and woman flash boobs all over the place.

Danbones
PS
Grisly details emerge in killing of Iowa State golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena
https://www.yahoo.com/news/grisly-de...173333000.html

...AND STAY AWAY FROM WILD and SWINGING GOLF CLUBS!!!!

Dixie Cup
+2
I would want her to have an allergy test whereby it shows that she has an allergy to cannabis. If medically proven that she is, then I suspect the courts would say her "life" over rules any other right and that the smokers can use alternative sources such as cannabis oil etc.

Otherwise, since she seems to have so many other allergies, I would expect it would be up to her to prove she is so susceptible. It's all well and good to show an epi pen but what is it really for?

Bottom line is that if she is truly allergic, it sucks to be her and I have no clue what the answer would be except as stated above. It'll be interesting, that's for sure!!

JMHO

Twin_Moose
The Condo board was looking for excuses to ban weed in the building failing 2 other attempts, by having this brave woman step up with her deadly allergy they have the solid excuse they need. If I were the majority that are voting to have it allowed I would be asking for a Dr.'s report stating that it is detrimental to her health.