Fhritp

Locutus
+1
#1
For those not in the center of the Canadian universe...something happened yesterday and now it's a 'big thing' or something. Anyway, douchebags aside, here be the poop:


Journalism in the Age of Entitlement: They're entitled to their questions. You're not entitled to your answer.


btw, this is how a nonchalant pro does it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_c-zvjeLU

it's stupid, old and juvenile yes...but let's be sure to string them up for it too.

and so it begins:








Hydro One ‏@HydroOne

Hydro One statement regarding an employee at the TFC game.

 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1 / -1
#2
I have never head Journalism and CITY-TV used together in a sentence before.
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#4
I wish that I could say that puerile, stupid behavior like this is somehow isolated, but ...
 
SLM
#5
Ai yai yai......of two minds on this one.

On the one hand, a singular outside of work hours incident of juvenile stupidity probably shouldn't cost someone their job. I mean, he didn't kill someone for goodness sakes, everybody will actually survive.

On the other hand I am getting really tired of all the morons out there who do not by now realize that everyone in the free world has a camera, a Twitter/Facebook account and that ANYTHING you say and do will be viewed halfway around the world before you even go to bed that night. That has to be, in this day and age, a very special kind of stupid.

That buddy compounds this by snickering, grinning and acting all macho "ain't I a funny guy" bro to a reporter on camera just makes it that much harder for me to have sympathy for him, despite the idea that I do not believe he should be penalized so drastically by the loss of a job.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#6
At no time on camera was he identified as a Hydro One employee. Not sure how their workplace conduct applies.

I think its an incredibly stupid thing to do ... something my teenager won't do ... and his ban from MLSE for a year seemed like an appropriate punishment.
 
spaminator
#7
**** her right in the ***** remix
 
Tecumsehsbones
#8
This is a violation of his First Amendment rights!
 
Nuggler
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

This is a violation of his First Amendment rights!

Only in the US of A, Bones.

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

For those not in the center of the Canadian universe...something happened yesterday and now it's a 'big thing' or something. Anyway, douchebags aside, here be the poop:


Journalism in the Age of Entitlement: They're entitled to their questions. You're not entitled to your answer.


btw, this is how a nonchalant pro does it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_c-zvjeLU

it's stupid, old and juvenile yes...but let's be sure to string them up for it too.

and so it begins:








Hydro One ‏@HydroOne

Hydro One statement regarding an employee at the TFC game.

Yep, Hydro one definitely should feel free to lecture us on honesty and manners, and all manner of rip offs........douchebags all.
 
Colpy
+4
#10  Top Rated Post
I absolutely detest big money team sports, and the culture that accompanies them.

To correct Marx, Religion is dead, Sports is the opium of the people.

The dumbing down of society continues unabated.
 
SLM
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by nuggler View Post

yep, hydro one definitely should feel free to lecture us on honesty and manners, and all manner of rip offs........douchebags all.


ha!!! I love it!!
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

Only in the US of A, Bones.

Not even there, Nug. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. The First Amendment doesn't apply between employer and employee.

Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I absolutely detest big money team sports, and the culture that accompanies them.

To correct Marx, Religion is dead, Sports is the opium of the people.

The dumbing down of society continues unabated.

I've said for quite some time that Marx only said "religion is the opiate of the masses" only because he'd never seen TV.
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Not even there, Nug. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. The First Amendment doesn't apply between employer and employee.

Nope. Imagine Thomas Jefferson in deep thought, staring out the window at Monticello and watching his slaves toiling in the sun as he contemplated the First Amendment.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Nope. Imagine Thomas Jefferson in deep thought, staring out the window at Monticello and watching his slaves toiling in the sun as he contemplated the First Amendment.

I would, but TJ wasn't much involved in the drafting of the Constitution. The Declaration of Independence was his baby.

The Bill of Rights, by the way, was pretty much a paraphrase of the preceding Virginia Bill of Rights by George Mason.

American history would be easier if there weren't so many Georges.
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I would, but TJ wasn't much involved in the drafting of the Constitution. The Declaration of Independence was his baby.

The Bill of Rights, by the way, was pretty much a paraphrase of the preceding Virginia Bill of Rights by George Mason.

American history would be easier if there weren't so many Georges.

We had one too many of them two presidents ago.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

We had one too many of them two presidents ago.

And one too many kings by the name.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#17
And too many children's books monkeys.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#18
And too many Greek talking heads (Stromboulopolos in Canada, Stephanapolos in the U.S.).
 
SLM
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

American history would be easier if there weren't so many Georges.

Or much, much harder.

Cuz then you'd have to remember more names.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

And too many children's books monkeys.


Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And too many Greek talking heads (Stromboulopolos in Canada, Stephanapolos in the U.S.).

And St Bernards.

(You may need to be extra Canadian to remember that one. )
 
Tecumsehsbones
#20
Does extra Canadian cost more?
 
SLM
#21
Premium Canadian costs more.

Extra Canadian is a bonus.
 
eh1eh
#22
The epitome of sports.
 
Locutus
+1
#23
the problem is multiple males.

the dude likely would have been gobbsmacked if alone but since his um, wingman or wingnut, (whatever you call a secondary arsehole) was about, the show must go on to the bitter end.

men is stupid. add alcohol and voilą.
 
pgs
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I absolutely detest big money team sports, and the culture that accompanies them.

To correct Marx, Religion is dead, Sports is the opium of the people.

The dumbing down of society continues unabated.

Bread and circuses eh Colpy ? But football you bet . Football not cryball .
 
eh1eh
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

the problem is multiple males.

the dude likely would have been gobbsmacked if alone but since his um, wingman or wingnut, (whatever you call a secondary arsehole) was about, the show must go on to the bitter end.

men is stupid. add alcohol and voilą.

The epitome of sports.
 
Nuggler
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Not even there, Nug. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. The First Amendment doesn't apply between employer and employee.


.


got it first time Bones, but thanks.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

got it first time Bones, but thanks.

*smacks self in forehead to save you the trouble*
 
Nuggler
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

*smacks self in forehead to save you the trouble*


I have no urge to smack you in the forehead.














tonight
 
Tecumsehsbones
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

I have no urge to smack you in the forehead.














tonight

So next time you do, already covered.
 
Colpy
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Nope. Imagine Thomas Jefferson in deep thought, staring out the window at Monticello and watching his slaves toiling in the sun as he contemplated the First Amendment.

More likely laying in bed with Sally Hemings, a slave who allegedly bore him 7 children.

I admit to being an admirer of Mr. Jefferson.

We are all flawed.
Last edited by Colpy; May 13th, 2015 at 09:23 PM..