Organic foods helpful or hype??

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I though pesticides were disallowed? I eat regular stuff - the organic is too expensive. As long as I wash my veggies well, I figure I'll be fine.

================================================== ================================================== ====

Apparently you do not watch ever watch shows like W-5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you did- you would know two things::::::::::

Firstly- that FRAUD is rampant in the organic food biz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly that civil service union Hogs are doing their usual "best" to regulate the organic industry- which means DOING NOTHING except dispense general and meaningless platitudes about Cdn food safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We pay civil service union Hogs a LOT of gravy to write up regulations that ARE NEVER ENFORCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you recall the Sunrise Propane disaster????????????????

A whole Toronto neighbourhood taken out when Sunrise propane employees took ILLEGAL short cuts - that they had been WARNED ABOUT on at least 3 previous occasions by safety officials who offered up only a little NAGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course those regulations that they were not really enforcing were put in place as a result of ANOTHER propane explosion explosion caused some years before by EXACTLY the same type of illegal gas transfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or what of the recent news that Ontari-owe safety inspectors just recently pulled the business licenses of TWO used car dealers- for selling rebuilt wrecks with false safety certificates to unsuspecting buyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reporters from tv show W-5 have been reporting on how unscrupulous car dealers are buying up cars wrecked in crashes and rebuilding them!!!!!!!!!!!

The cars LOOK GOOD.......until you dig deeper into the putty and body filler and begin to recognize just how severely the body and frame integrity has been compromised by the crash and by the quick and dirty welding repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!

In one case- W-5 documented how two separate cars- the back onf one and the front of a second- were welded together, painted up nicely and sold off quickly!!!!!!!

W-5 has been documenting this car crap for 15 years- while civil service Hogs shrug and say on camera: "okay, we will check it out"!!!!!!!!!!!

And the NEXT YEAR- W-5 reporters should go back to document that NOTHING HAD CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it not an interesting coincidence that after 15 years of LIE-beral rule in Ontari-owe and after 15 years of W-5 documenting used car fraud- we now have a Ford Conservative govt- AND we have TWO Toronto area used car fraudsters run out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who stands on guard for Canada?

NO HOGS are on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros
Wander off topic much?

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Anybody wonder why hemp produces lots of seed while medical pot is seedless?

LOL-You really are clueless-never heard on SinSemilla?

In Spanish it means 'without seeds' and Marijuana grown seedless is has a stronger smoother longer lasting high-long ago imported product used to be full of seeds quality was low and value poor-seeds weight a lot relatively to actual consumable product.

It took a while before outdoor growers could master the technique of growing sinsy but indoors it's a snap-I haven't seen weed with seeds for 30+ years now.

Oh Yeah there is No Such Thing as 'medical marijuana' that's all bunk.

MHz
Hemp would survive in the wild because it produces the seeds needed for next years crop. If

'medical pot' (meant to be taken internally rather than worn like hemp products) is a crop that needs a Gardner to keep a harvest available.
Canada needs a variety that is similar to Jamaican Ditch Weed that gets a person high and produces the seeds needed so it replants itself year after year after year, like a typical weed.

"Medical pot' is worth a few billion per year as an industry, hemp is worth 100 times that once all the products are 'on the shelves'.

Obviously we are not allowed to take advantage of hemp being legal for a few decades already. When others jump on the profit potentials we will be left in the dust yet once again. Is there a disease Canadians get that causes a condition so they cannot deal with Americans and get the better deal the closer they live to the border?

petros
Finola (ruderalis) is the breeding starting point for "autoflower" smoking cannabis.

When it comes to pot you don't want seed. It's useless if it goes to seed.

Again your are out to lunch and babbling senselessly.

petros
+1
There is no money in hemp. If there were nobody would grow canola or flax for oil seed.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

When it comes to pot you don't want seed. It's useless if it goes to seed.

Again your are out to lunch and babbling senselessly.

Your insults would be better if you weren't an idiot at heart.

Please explain the yearly growing cycle for field growing ' seedless medical pot'.

MHz

There is no money in hemp. If there were nobody would grow canola or flax for oil seed.

Where is your link to a hemp plant product list? You won't like mine just because it is so long as it covers the plant as well as the seeds.

spilledthebeer

Where is your link to a hemp plant product list? You won't like mine just because it is so long as it covers the plant as well as the seeds.

================================================== ================================================== ====

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals DO LOVE to wander away from subjects that MAKE THEM LOOK BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Organic food is a marketing ploy and totally FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Percy Schmeisser and his "day in court" under a LIE-beral judge- its best that LIE-berals NOT discus that so they do not look like TOTAL HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The WILD IRONY in all this MOnsanto crap is that LIE-berals are sucking up to Monsanto Corp IN A BIG WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

And then sneering at people like Stephen Harper for being "friendly" to business in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently somebody posted this piece about Monsanto and its genetically modified foods:

RE Monsanto suing farmers

Steve Marsh (in Australia) went to court in 2010, seeking more than $80,000 in compensation, but the Supreme Court dismissed the case in 2014...

(Marsh sought compensation from neighbouring farmer named Baxter- whose genetically modified crops continually CONTAMINATED HIS fields!)

...It is noteworthy that both parties were supported financially. Monsanto contributed to Mr. Baxter's costs while Mr. Marsh's campaign was supported by the Safe Food Foundation...

(SO Marsh had to rely on the charity of people worried about Monsanto bullying while Baxter had his bills PAID by the corporate BULLY!)

...Marsh lost income for three years on his farm due to the GM contamination from Baxter's fields. He sought leave to appeal to the High Court, but it was dismissed just days ago...

(LIE-beral minded courts support Monsanto in DENYING a farmer such as Marsh- or the Cdn Percy Shmeisser the RIGHT to sell their crop UNLESS they have a sales permit from Monsanto! But the court IGNORES how freely pollen from Monsanto plants crosses property lines and contaminates fields of crops belonging to others- such as Marsh!)

...This decision means Marsh has no further avenue of appeal, and Monsanto and others win again in their aggressive plans to hold farmers accountable for patent infringement while taking no responsibility for contaminating farmers' fields that want no part of the GM farming paradigm at all...

Monsanto has been suing farmers in the US for over 16 years, and never once has lost a case.

http://www.infowars.com/organic-farm...ssed-by-court/
By Christina Sarich

I say: this is a very bare bones description of the trouble Monsanto is brewing up. If Monsanto had only sued an Australian farmer it might not have been so bad, but they have sued farmers around the world-including here in Canada-with the same shameless pro Monsanto results!

Alberta Rapeseed farmer Percy Schmeisser is from the old school-he does Not buy seed from Monsanto or from any other source-instead he saves a portion of his crop each year to use as seed for the next years crop. He has NEVER bought seed from Monsanto and yet Monsanto has sued him for using their seed without permission.

Schmeisser was interviewed by Alberta news people one spring day-standing in the road by one of his fields while his farmer/neighbours trucks roared by-each one loaded with Monsanto seed. And Alberta prairie is WINDY-and the trucks are open backed and with each bump in the road and with each wind gust, a little Monsanto seed is spilled. Schmeisser can point to clumps of that seed growing wild in the ditches along the roads and in his fields-its been spilled everywhere around him. And this is not the only source of contamination of his land-Monsanto Rapeseed produces pollen just like older-non Monsanto varieties of the plant and the pollen blows on the wind and each year MORE of Schmeissers fields are contaminated with Monsanto pollen blown in from the neighbours fields.

And each year Monsanto has sent ever more threatening letters to Schmeisser-DEMANDING that he STOP USING THEIR PRODUCT even though he is Not using it-instead he is simply dealing with spilled seed and spilled pollen that is blowing on the wind from his neighbours fields! Finally the level of contamination became so high that Monsanto hauled Schmeisser into a Cdn court and sued Him for using their product without permission-they DEMANDED that he uproot HIS crop from HIS land and destroy it AND pay THEM damages for using their product without permission!

In the normal world-if I do something on my land that contaminates your lands then you can SUE ME....but Monsanto is not an ordinary company-they are GROSSLY arrogant and very wealthy and have an army of lawyers just itching to earn their juicy retainers and so they sued Schmeisser because his neighbours have contaminated HIS land and HIS crop with THEIR Monsanto seeds and pollen.....and Monsanto has WON that lawsuit against Schmeisser!

This is proof positive that justice is FOR SALE to the highest bidder and you know some pissant farmer from Alberta (or one from Australia) simply is not going to put one over on one of the worlds largest corporations. The only way Schmeisser (or Marsh) can continue to grow rapeseed without being sued by Monsanto is if they uproot their ENTIRE current crop and burn it and then buy more seed from an alternate source-not contaminated by Monsanto-and THEN ERECT A BARRICADE SO LARGE-around their properties that it will prevent pollen from neighbours crops from blowing off their fields onto fields owned by Marsh and Schmeisser and further contaminating THEIR CROPS.

This is legal madness-Monsanto has created a product that can readily contaminate the lands of other people and Monsanto has then sued these other people because these other people FAILED to prevent their land from being contaminated! And the arrogant swine at Monsanto call this justice?

And some jackass read the piece about Aussie farmer Marsh and posted this rant in response:

Monsanto has done more for consumers and producers since world war two. if you take away glyphosate you take away farmers ability to grow cheap food. you will then be raising your food bills to the point of starvation. but Toronto will still survive, your liberal government will simply import food from china. then you will be eating lead arsenic plus ddt and god only knows how many other toxins. this might actually be a benefit to Canada if Toronto dies off.

I wonder how many Monsanto shares the jackass owns? Monsanto has created some useful chemical fertilizers and some handy pesticides and herbicides-they are useful tools for the farmer who may use Monsanto products-OR NOT ON HIS LAND as he sees fit and according to purchase agreements!)

(But when Monsanto rams its products down the throats of people who donít want the product and uses its money to BUY legal judgements and buy courts then we have a MAJOR problem...and anybody who would defend Monsanto in this is a good little Nazi and a nasty little dictator!! If Monsanto represents the future of farming and food production then we are ALL in serious trouble!)

MHz
You feed hay to cows and horses, you feed organic hay to race horses. Any questions?

petros
Hay? No feed mix of barley, oats and flax?

They mustn't win many races.

petros

Just across SK border into Manitoba from my farm is the Canadian hemp mecca. Producers have been going broke left right center.

I don't give a rats ass about some product list that probably comes from Dauphin where they are struggling to keep the doors open.

Email them and ask how shitty they are doing.

http://www.pihg.net

spilledthebeer

You feed hay to cows and horses, you feed organic hay to race horses. Any questions?

Question: How many of the drugs that Vets routinely feed to race horses are DANGEROUS to humans????????????????

Question: Are you aware that it is illegal to EAT race horse meat in Ontari-owe specifically BECAUSE of thE number of drugs in their system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: Many people eat horse meat- mostly in Europe - and many Cdn horses end up on plates over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ALL the horses being eaten were once PETS- because pets do NOT get fed all sorts of drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: How many mind altering drugs has MHz ingested in order to create his current mental state????????????????

petros
+2
Not all are pets. There are wild horses in BC AB and SK that get rounded up and harvested for meat.

They'd be organic horse meat.

MHz

I mentioned what kind of hay the owners purchase. TeePee Creek is where a lot of stampeded stock comes from so I'm sure the horse breeders know a bit more than you do. If hay is organic what to you think the other feed is?

Your hate sure gets the better of you all the fuking time. Funny and pitiful at the same time. Well done.

Walter
+2

Not all are pets. There are wild horses in BC AB and SK that get rounded up and harvested for meat.
They'd be organic horse meat.

When I lived in Berlin in the early 80’s there was a Polish restaurant near where I lived that served horsemeat, it was quite edible.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Question: How many of the drugs that Vets routinely feed to race horses are DANGEROUS to humans????????????????

Probably quite a few less than the drugs made for people that would fuk up a horse if given to them.

Question: Are you aware that it is illegal to EAT race horse meat in Ontari-owe specifically BECAUSE of thE number of drugs in their system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The organic stuff or the stuff 'big pharma' makes?

Question: Many people eat horse meat- mostly in Europe - and many Cdn horses end up on plates over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever just don't kill it while it is still being ridden.

And ALL the horses being eaten were once PETS- because pets do NOT get fed all sorts of drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then why are there so many vets in residential areas??

Question: How many mind altering drugs has MHz ingested in order to create his current mental state????????????????

Seeing through bullshit doesn't require any drugs, it requires you be honest on the inside. That is why so many here are clueless. You want to try for head of that class?

spilledthebeer
+1

MHz is more familiar with camel races......his knowledge of modern racing horses - and a host of other topics is is quite

limited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

I mentioned what kind of hay the owners purchase. TeePee Creek is where a lot of stampeded stock comes from so I'm sure the horse breeders know a bit more than you do. If hay is organic what to you think the other feed is?
Your hate sure gets the better of you all the fuking time. Funny and pitiful at the same time. Well done.

Your stupidity is epic.

MHz

MHz is more familiar with camel races......his knowledge of modern racing horses - and a host of other topics is is quite
limited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Race horses are too delicate and specialized to have gotten much attention. Rodeo stock is mostly horses that fight rather than run. When you consider it was some race horses that were used in the plan to steal the English Stock Market away from the British Royals they won a war that the French did not win (probably told to make sure they lose or the bankers would be after them next)

It show they are deceptive and the British are idiots at heart.

Me and John Wayne rode similar camels. Are you trying to use a Muslim slam on a Christian?? You appear less stupid when you aren't supporting the collective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZ1z0UuOZg
2017 Prix Rothschild - Roly Poly

For 10 points are they racing machines or animals, horses in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1R-GeEd95c
The Pony Express: Wells Fargo and the History of the American West

They also carried the gold for the banks, the Rothschild banks.

MHz
You fuktards should not get too close to each other as you IQ goes lower rather than higher.
https://ker.com/equinews/think-energ...the-racehorse/
Think Energy When Feeding the Racehorse

Fiber
Fiber is an energy source that is often overlooked in horse nutrition. Horses have a highly developed hindgut that houses billions of bacteria and protozoa capable of fermenting large quantities of fiber. The end products of fiber fermentation can be used as energy sources throughout the day because fermentation continues long after a meal has been eaten.
Since proper gut function is essential to the health and well-being of the horse, fiber-rich forage should be considered the foundation of a racehorse’s feeding program. Racehorses should be fed 15-20 lb (7-9 kg) per day of clean grass hay such as timothy or oaten hay. Smaller quantities of alfalfa hay (2-4 lb or 0.9 to 1.8 kg per day) may also be offered. This level of hay intake will meet the racehorse’s maintenance DE requirement and help protect against gastric ulcers and colic.
(in part)

I won't school you about (oaten hay) the first harvest of a new hay field also contains green oats. Same as this mostly only for race horses rather than dairy cows.

https://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/pdf/21265e.pdf

spilledthebeer

You fuktards should not get too close to each other as you IQ goes lower rather than higher.
https://ker.com/equinews/think-energ...the-racehorse/
Think Energy When Feeding the Racehorse

Fiber

Fiber is an energy source that is often overlooked in horse nutrition. Horses have a highly developed hindgut that houses billions of bacteria and protozoa capable of fermenting large quantities of fiber. The end products of fiber fermentation can be used as energy sources throughout the day because fermentation continues long after a meal has been eaten.
Since proper gut function is essential to the health and well-being of the horse, fiber-rich forage should be considered the foundation of a racehorseís feeding program. Racehorses should be fed 15-20 lb (7-9 kg) per day of clean grass hay such as timothy or oaten hay. Smaller quantities of alfalfa hay (2-4 lb or 0.9 to 1.8 kg per day) may also be offered. This level of hay intake will meet the racehorseís maintenance DE requirement and help protect against gastric ulcers and colic.
(in part)

I won't school you about (oaten hay) the first harvest of a new hay field also contains green oats. Same as this mostly only for race horses rather than dairy cows.

https://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/pdf/21265e.pdf

================================================== ================================================== ==

Oh dear me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people are ENTIRELY UNAWARE of just how many race horse breeders there are in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And some people are unaware that a 2 year old thoroughbred- the most common breed around- DOES NOT HAVE fully formed bones at that age.........they get heavier and stronger as they age more..........

This is why so many race horses get put out to pasture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those that are too slow to win races and not needed for breeding programs are either sold off as saddle horses to teen girls.......or SOLD FOR FOOD to Europeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fact you should consider is that race horses are NEVER selected for their personality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They kick and bite and make mayhem with handlers because HUNDREDS of generations of breeding has been done ONLY for selecting speed!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider the case of A VERY VALUABLE MARE - and this is a true story- the mare had been a REALLY FAST- won a LOT of races so its valuable as breeding stock once its race days are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the owner paid out a hundred grand in stud fee and assorted costs to get the mare with foal to a really fast stallion.........

But oh dear........we get winter in Canada .........and a careless horse can slip and slide on ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah- they get into trouble on ice- juist like you in your car on an icy corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this mare- carrying this champion foal now has a broken leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of the money LOST if it is simply shot and sent to Alpo dog food company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So slings are arranged in a stall and the mare spends the next six months hanging there- with its feet not quite touching the ground........LOADED UP with drugs and such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanging in a sling like that interferes with a horse breathing to some degree........so there is danger of lung diseases- hwence the drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course a broken leg is PAINFUL- hence the need for more drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And at lot of thoroughbreds are slightly crazed at the best of times and so some tranquilizers are required.......must not let the critter thrash around too much- it might sever an artery on the broken bones and bleed to death before giving birth to the VALUABLE FOAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course once the foal was born- Mom could be shot..........and a chain saw is useful in removing the drug tainted remains from the barn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorough breds- even ones that are pets get feda LOT of drugs- more than people realize!!!!!!!!!!!

The Novicular bone in their feet is highly susceptible to being cracked and broken when ridden over rough ground- or when show jumping- rather like shin splints that human athletes suffer from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humans have the advantage over a horse- ITS THEIR LEGS that hurt so they STOP RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horses do not have that advantage of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And some people do not mind drugging the horse to keep it moving for a while longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horse racing is an ugly industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the number and range of drugs that can be fed to a horse being used for riding or for breeding is really limited only the conscience of a Vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros
All that to point out this:
Quote:

"
Since proper gut function is essential to the health and well-being of the horse, fiber-rich forage should be considered the foundation of a racehorse’s feeding program. Racehorses should be fed 15-20 lb (7-9 kg) per day of clean grass hay such as timothy or oaten hay"?

Adding hay is a good idea instead a diet of ???

I hate it when people don't read or worse don't understand what they post.

DaSleeper
He just forgot his pills again this morning....

MHz

All that to point out this:

Adding hay is a good idea instead a diet of ???

I hate it when people don't read or worse don't understand what they post.

Feel free to post something that doesn't come from your imagination. It seems like your world takes a certain amount of hay daily to mran don't ever feed jay to a race horse.
Is being a full-on retard part of the requirement for being a member of the collective or is that a reward for years of faithful treooling for the klan, sorry collective.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

He just forgot his pills again this morning....

2 years to come up with a new line and this is your best shot? Apparently there is a 'little retarded' and a 'lot retarded', I'll let you 1 retards figure the rest out, should take the rest of your lives.

petros
Are you or are are you not skipping your meds?

petros

Feel free to post something that doesn't come from your imagination. It seems like your world takes a certain amount of hay daily to mran don't ever feed jay to a race horse.
Is being a full-on retard part of the requirement for being a member of the collective or is that a reward for years of faithful treooling for the klan, sorry collective.

When you Google "race horse feed" this is the first thing that pops up;

Horse nutrition and its impact on horse welfare are part of the debate around what is called ethical racing. How you feed a racehorse affects its performance. Feed it insufficient high-energy food and it'll lack the fuel to compete; feed it too much forage (grass or hay) and you'll weigh it down.Nov 2, 2015

Cliffy

DaSleeper
Poor Cliffy.......

Needs Fakebook to think for him!