Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

Bar Sinister
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

How many Politicians have went to work in the private industry after they 'retired' at positions that were way above their pay grade? Pork-barrel politics is not a single event in their careers. To the point it is a 'family business'. Good reason to have 1 person from the same family per decade in politics might be a smart move where the Voters rights are most important.

Pretty much, the companies that got the contracts were the Bankers best customers. Pay to play has been going on since the first railway spike was driven home, . . . and then some.

E-cars should be the norm for people who drive less than 100k per day. What is missing is the parts for the hot rod shops to install a retro-kit for under $1,000. The State can help buy buying the parts in bulk and have then take over the battery part as far as supply, remove and replace and recycle goes. They would also be first in line for better batteries as they get created in mass.
The oil companies also said at 1 time that they produce gas types of fuel and that is the engines they will R&D so it doesn't matter if an engine that runs on hydrogen can be made. A kit that allows water to be the fuel can be created using off the shelf parts if a person was determined to do that. No way to do it in high volume.

I'n pretty sure a e-version of a smart car could be sold to 'city dwellers' just by showing them passing gas stations for inserting a plug at home. The heated version needed in Canada can have an AC when sold in warmer climates. E-vehicles will not be allowed to be in high enough numbers that a refinery is shut down.

All Politicians since 1967 have been employees of the British Crown. Please quit forgetting who 'owns Canada'. It makes you into a liar and only confuses others.

Subs are the reason capitalism is competitive in the first place, the more hidden they are the better. Banjers own 51^ of every company listed on the stock exchange. Explain to me how that hinders true competition.

One-offs are always way overpriced. Why is no '$99 kit from ACME HARDWARE' available for the Masses. Subs have to end if a company gets solid enough to go public as the R&D should be done at that point. (and the backdoor in place)

Sane reason any of them flip=flop, they aren't running the show.

Hydro went privat so shareholders could get what was earmarked for taxpayers.

I'm pretty sure they are under direction not to tell the truth.

Naybe we should fix that before taking on Syria's woes.

This is Ontario, there was never a time when she didn't get piles of free money to throw around in the Province. If it turned out good it was by accident rather than design.

Really? How about the ones that spend many millions on a painting? Put them in a higher tax bracket and watch how fast the price of 'art' come down.

Does the term 'pay to play' mean anything to you?

Be sure to take it back to 1867.

Right after they solve all the missing Indian children.

See how much of that went to Canadian shareholders compared to foreigners.

You are wasting your time trying to reason with this dodo. All you'll get is an enormous cut and paste reply that says in 10,000 words what should have been said in 50. I solve the problem by never reading anything he posts.

Ron in Regina
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Cadillac decided this week to shit can its diesel development in favor of fully electric.

The future is electric.

Maybe not. Where is the fully electric Cadillac
made? How many where sold last year? Will
GM just kill it due to the tariff Trump threw up?
(Clue to the country of origin. It's not America)

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

You are wasting your time trying to reason with this dodo. All you'll get is an enormous cut and paste reply that says in 10,000 words what should have been said in 50. I solve the problem by never reading anything he posts.

I was able to find his words in the post. What was the point of your posy, show you have limited mental abilities, if so you get 5 gold stars. Now if you will excuse some post seems to be more important to me than your dribble.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Your delusions and illusions are really INTENSE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? At my end it looks like a flat line. You sure you want to admit to being able to see delusions clearly?

Quote:

The German Soviet Republic has already tried what you are proposing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We never did anything right in the past, what makes you think it failed even though the instructions were followed.

Quote:

They tried to ORDER a car company into existence..........and produced the TRABANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hugely unsuccessful VW Bug?? They are still popular in Mexico, if it was a US invention we would all be driving one, at huge savings.

Quote:

The least reliable, under powered, pollution spewing mess in the roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. . . and the only one that could go past 10 gas stations without needing to stop.

Quote:

Compare the Soviet produced Trabant to democratic and capitalist produced Porche, BMW or Mercedes and the SHEER IDIOCY of letting any govt into the car biz becomes obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not without a long list of who all the players in the background are and what they were doing to help their boss, the banks.

Quote:

Only a delusional LUNATIC would think that our LIE-beral overlords would produce a product that we would BUY VOLUNTARILY!!!!!!!

Forced to buy because it is so damn cheap to own and run, I'm not feeling a lot of sympathy at the moment.

Quote:

The |Tesla model 3 costs TWICE what a Nissan Qashqai does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassettes cost more than 8-tracks at one time also. The day a proto is cheaper than an item that is in mass production is the day you should start to get very worried.

Quote:

Compared to Qashqai- the tesla 3 has shorter range, less cargo capacity, NO TOWING capacity and it comes with an awkward and slow to use refueling system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to take that into consideration before buying rather than bitch about it after. In the range both cars can travel is one better than the other?

Quote:

ONLY people with more money than brains- meaning a small minority of civil service union Hogs and other assorted flakes and airheads - can be persuaded to take advantage of the MASSIVE LIE-beral subsidies being offered to lure idiots into electric TOY cars!!!!

You forgot 'anybody with inherited money'. Ir doesn't matter who drives then, they are going to break more often and they all go to one spot to be fixed while under warranty. Sounds like a job for Canada Battery to solve.

Quote:

And considering that Elon Musk is having some rather public stress related melt downs as his company tries and FAILS to turn a profit, one can easily refer to Tesla as the LIE-beral Trabant for a modern age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The company was a farce as soon as you saw it being pushed in a NASA animation. Do you want the owber throwing up his hands and yelling, 'I'm free, I'm free at last.' type of shit?

Quote:

The old Soviet public probably would have preferred a Tesla over a Trabant- but we in the west are voting with our pocket books!!!!!

How do you explain the newest products they make, pretty damn nice but probably a bit too expensive for most villages in Siberia where a 6x6 is a more useful ride.

Quote:

WE have SCORNED WASTEFUL and selfish LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Velcom to the EU, Canada style, Comrade.

Quote:

WE LAUGH IN DISGUST at the ravings of deluded dreamers such as yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what the insane do in any situation, nobody is impressed by shows of stupidity.

Quote:

WE REFUSE to BUY the electric Toy cars that LIE-berals want to force on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cone back in 100 years and you might like a car better than a horse like your Grandma.

Quote:

And we REFUSE to pay the exorbitant "SUBSIDIES" - meaning outright GIFTS OF CASH that LIE-berals are throwing at any company that will jump on their electric powered band wagon- that is ALREADY OUT OF POWER- and out of public favour!!!!!!!!

Pork-barrel Politics is how they get their 'vacation money', you won;t be ending that trend anytime soon.

Quote:

The delusional ramblings of such as MHz and Hoid regarding our electric future are positive PROOF that LIE-berals had NO NEED to legalize Weed- some people cannot be trusted to imbibe wisely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh?

MHz

I was able to find his words in the post. What was the point of your posy, show you have limited mental abilities, if so you get 5 gold stars. Now if you will excuse some post seems to be more important to me than your dribble.

Edit to add:
Walnut, I can appreciate you taking the time to red the post but are you sure a creep like you is wanted as a buddy without first clearing it with them. Normal people shy away from obvious trolls such as yourself.

Bar Sinister

Try again when you actually have something intelligent to say. And the word is "drivel" not "dribble." Dribble is a sports term. Drivel is what you post.

MHz
You deal with it as you see fit and I'll do the same. If you want to coach somebody try Walnut or Pete, they are the morally bankrupt ones in the place. Dribble is the saliva that drips out of your mouth,it is useless, like some words from some people.

Bar Sinister

You deal with it as you see fit and I'll do the same. If you want to coach somebody try Walnut or Pete, they are the morally bankrupt ones in the place. Dribble is the saliva that drips out of your mouth,it is useless, like some words from some people.

I'll coach who I want, especially someone who replies to one of my posts with an insult.

MHz
I'll try to save that for the ones that deserve it in the future. Coaching lesson over.

Bar Sinister
+1

I'll try to save that for the ones that deserve it in the future. Coaching lesson over.

Drivel.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Drivel.

================================================== ================================================== ====

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching Bar Silly Sister verbally spar with his opponents is like watching tornadoes running into each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God knows what will come out of the mess but it wont be pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost in all the hoopla and half assed insults and irrelevant comment is one solid and serious FACT:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

NO ELECTRIC VEHICLES WOULD EVER BE MASS PRODUCED UNLESS GOVT SUBSIDIES WERE ON OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT rush to your keyboard and start spewing irrelevant CRAP about how many subsidies gas vehicle producers get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY SILENT A LITTLE LONGER- and TRY to wrap your tiny LIE-beral minds around the FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The subsidies offered to GM and Honda et all - are MERELY FOR THE PRIVILEGE of having the jobs HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gas vehicles WILL BE MADE SOME PLACE or other because they ARE the preferred product chosen by the public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The subsidies offered to Tesla are for the purpose of bringing a largely UNWANTED and INFERIOR product into existence!!!!!!!!!!!

And without those LIE-beral subsidies then companies like Tesla will go back to being lunatic fringe players tinkering with their prototype electric Toy vehicles that the general public SCORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run to your keyboards and try to come up with some answer that actually ADDRESSES the FACT I have just named!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

================================================== ================================================== ====
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I feel like just saying, 'Don't ever come to my defense again.'?

spilledthebeer

Why do I feel like just saying, 'Don't ever come to my defense again.'?

Poor muddled MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another entitled LIE-beral who thinks the universe revolves around HIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust new when I say this: I WAS NOT DEFENDING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for the good belly laugh- even though I KNOW you did it unintentionally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating how our municipal govt handling of garbage is unravelling. With some comments of my own in brackets):

China's ban on foreign recyclables will cost Toronto 'millions'

By Kevin Connor. Published: March 30, 2018. Updated: March 30, 2018 5:31 PM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Toronto & GTA

Municipalities face difficulties getting rid of recyclables after China banned foreign waste at the end of 2017. New Chinese recycling restrictions are going to hit Toronto hard in the pocketbook.

Until recently, half of the world’s recyclables were shipped to China annually.

But at the end of last year, China implemented new rule that restrict or ban foreign waste because much of the product wasn’t pure or suitable to recycle.

(It is one of the dirty little Cdn municipal secrets that our recycling program is failing miserably to recycle much over 11 percent of the crap in blue boxes! Although municipalities boast of a “diversion rate” of over 80 percent- meaning that over 80 percent of plastics and glass and other material goes into a blue box- the ugly reality is that only about ELEVEN PERCENT of that material is actually re-used- the rest ends up in a handy land fill!)

(A City tv reporter interviewed a manager at a local recycling station and the guy picked a glass bottle that once held tomato sauce- held it up to the camera and told us: “this glass container CANNOT be recycled because it has food waste in it”! Meaning it has NOT been rinsed out to become sterile! One has to ask how many other containers are discarded for the same reason!)

(Recycling in Ontari-owe is a sick and costly JOKE since nearly 90 percent of what we put in the blue box ends up in land fills anyway! Should we guess that most of what is recycled is simply newsprint and paper and aluminum cans since that stuff is least likely to be contaminated with food residue?)

(And has ANYBODY actually CONSIDERED the environmental cost to ship garbage half way around the world to China anyway? Apparently our LIE-berals with their mouldy green PRETENSE of being environmentalists simply do not care what happens to our garbage after it sails over the horizon! And now that option is gone and LIE-berals will have to figure out some other way to pass the TRASH!!!!!!!!!!)

All of Toronto’s recycling waste is sold off exclusively to Ontario markets — to the tune of $20 million in 2017.

(Uh huh- that 11 percent of our trash that actually gets used........!)

But those who have counted on the China market will come calling in Ontario

“A lot of municipalities have lost the ability to sell and are scrambling. There is more supply than demand and there aren’t enough markets,” said Derek Angove, Toronto’s director of processing and resource management for solid waste.

(More supply from blue bins than demand for the product translates into LIE-berals deliberately misrepresenting how much material is REALLY dumped in a land fill! And LIE-berals COULD REDUCE the amount of trash going into land fills by ensuring that many more products are sold in returnable containers that carry a deposit- one has only to look at the number of people scrambling to pick up scrap metal on their own time to recognize we could get types of easy to recycle containers of all sorts picked up FREE if there was suitable money in it! And if the container design made recycling easy!)

(But we have had that argument in past years and the public does not like the idea of shelling out deposits and then wasting time chasing that cash later! And LIE- berals will not bother annoying the public by implementing laws that make recycling easier because they would lose votes- WITHOUT getting any new gravy!)

(So LIE-berals decree that carbon crap and trade scam- that only cleans cash from wallets and leaves the dirt in the air- and enriches LIE-beral govt is FINE! But efforts to make it easier to recycle our trash are invoncenient and costly and are being REFUSED by LIE-berals!)

“There is so much on the market the price is declining,” he said. “Our loss will be in the order of millions.”

The city has a contract with Toronto Fibres Ltd. and “won’t get muscled out in the short-term,” Angove said.

Joe Hruska, sustainability vice-president for the Canadian Plastics Industry Association, said Toronto is still moving product.

“People are keeping fingers crossed, but things will change. We need more manufacturing to take the recyclables,” Hruska said, pointing to a Nova Scotia company that has started using film plastic as a kiln energy source to produce cement.

(Oh? And have we NOT ALSO HAD this argument before? Why YES, WE DID! Incineration produces various noxious substances- MOST NOTABLY DIOXIN- and burning plastic for cement production is a fancy way of incinerating garbage!)

(Now that LIE-berls are stuck for easy ways to dump garbage I guess we can look for LIE-beral strategists to start selling us on the virtues of burning garbage “for heat”! And LIE-berals will tell us that the new incinerators are much cleaner than the older models! But one has only to look at the litany of FAILURES in the incinerator allegedly built to higher European standards in east Oshawa!)

(The Courtice Rd incinerator has a LONG history of emissions test failures! Star up of the facility was repeatedly delayed by failure of the facility to burn clean as promised- and once regular operation the facility began- site monitoring revealed that MORE FIXES were needed so it was actually SHUT DOWN for a while!)

(Things reached such a disturbing point in 2017 that local govt began a habit of ONLY discussing progress reports IN PRIVATE!!!!!!! No disturbed and disgruntled public ALLOWED IN to hear the full sad story! How well is the incinerator functioning at this time? Who REALLY knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dr. Myra Hird, with the school of environmental studies at Queen’s University, said the China move gives recycling companies more power and municipalities will be at their mercy.

She said so much of what municipalities call recyclables simply ends up in the landfill because it isn’t reusable quality.

(Yes- as I have said- much of our junk is contaminated by food waste!)

If the material can’t be properly recycled, Hird wonders why we’re collecting it as such.

(This garbage recycling farce is being performed due to LIE-beral virtue signalling! LIE-berals want to PRETEND they environmentalists for the sake of winning some votes!)

“Environmentally speaking, it doesn’t make sense to ship recyclables (around the world) using fossil fuel when they should be used in modern, well designed landfills,” Hird said.

(It is an issue of large amounts of fossil fuel used to send trash around the world- versus small amounts need to send trash around the corner that is the problem!)

She said recycling materials may simply be disposed of in landfills regardless as municipally hired recycling companies routinely use sub-contractors.

(IN other words the sub contractors help make recycling LOOK more “successful”
by quietly disposing of trash that is listed as “recycled”!)

“Municipalities have no responsibility to track garbage to the end point.,” Hird said.

(Yes- as I have said- LIE-berals consider that anything out of sight is NOT their problem! LIE-beral claims about respecting the environment and being dedicated to recycling are a virtue signalling SHAM!!

Hoid
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/30...sales-grow-66/

Aside from the batteries, it’s obligatory to highlight that electric car sales grew strong yet again. Globally, plug-in car sales were up 66% in the first half of 2018 versus the first half of 2017.

Fully electric cars outsold plug-in hybrids by a ratio of almost 2:1, with the former accounting for 64% of global electric car sales and the latter accounting for 36%.

66% growth explains why this is where the money is going. There is no place else in the automotive sector that has this going for it.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/30...sales-grow-66/

Aside from the batteries, it’s obligatory to highlight that electric car sales grew strong yet again. Globally, plug-in car sales were up 66% in the first half of 2018 versus the first half of 2017.

Fully electric cars outsold plug-in hybrids by a ratio of almost 2:1, with the former accounting for 64% of global electric car sales and the latter accounting for 36%.

66% growth explains why this is where the money is going. There is no place else in the automotive sector that has this going for it.

================================================== ================================================== ==

So they sold 36 electric TOY cars this year instead of 20???????????????????????????

All you are doing is proving there is a market for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU OFFER ENOUGH GOVT BRIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is your BEEF isnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who offered BRIBES to electric Toy car buyers have been VOTED OUT OF OFFICE be a disgusted Cdn public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Poor muddled MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another entitled LIE-beral who thinks the universe revolves around HIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust new when I say this: I WAS NOT DEFENDING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for the good belly laugh- even though I KNOW you did it unintentionally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get your panties in knot, it was my way of letting the other poster know the pause in insulting him had come to an end.
You might want to review my posts to you before you think I would want your stench in my corner.