Fhritp

Oitosyros
+1
Am not sure cant apply for a university until i get my degree certification ie one last sem to follow
We stay in touch So sn expanding my Network ��

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Have you looked into programs offered at U of West Manitoba in Brandon?

Brandon is a smaller city that is very nice, safe, and the people are very friendly.

Hostel or do you mean on campus dormatory residences?

Again am not sure what thats what i have heard uptill now

petros
If you can come a few months before your first semester to work and save, you should be able to get by on 20hrs.

Oitosyros
Considering am earning minimum wage of 10 dollars per hour thats 200 dollars per week So what is rent and food cost per week?????

Am financially strong �� We got 20 acres worth 2 million canadian Dollars and we recently sold a plot at 100000 dollars at just 80000 dollars coz i need my MS expenses
Am not your typical indian Studying PG diploma and working illegally at 40 hours per week and living in hellhole conditions... ��

petros
Minimum wage is $11.15 an hour but if have your bachelors degree you should be able to get a lot better than $11.15

Oitosyros

Minimum wage is $11.15 an hour but if have your bachelors degree you should be able to get a lot better than $11.15

But canada or any western country doesn’t recognise Any foreign education thats a fact still
What is average cost of living per week.. Food and rent????

petros
+1
I am a grain farmer with 5760 acres.

Recognized or not it means you are educated and it is stI'll shows you are educated and worth of more.

You will probably need to share accommodation in the $400-$500 range per mont for rent with a roommate and another $200 a month for food.
Last edited by petros; Jan 2nd, 2018 at 03:21 AM..

Danbones
LOL I met an Indian kid with a degree in computer science from India and doing college here in Ont, and he was working for Min doing computer work as well.

Great for driving the over all wages down.

Oitosyros
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

LOL I met an Indian kid with a degree in computer science from India and doing college here in Ont, and he was working for Min doing computer work as well.

Thats true any western country doesn’t recognise your education in previous country and i have Programming skillls btw
After Ms am thinking about 6 figures anyway Per week cost???? U have any idea

petros
+1
I'm off to sleep.

Take care.

Oitosyros

I am a grain farmer with 5760 acres.

Recognized or not it means you are educated and it is stI'll shows you are educated and worth of more.

You will probably need to share accommodation in the $400-$500 range per mont for rent with a roommate and another $200 a month for food.

Great we got 20 acres most fertile land <Punjab> in the world due to high population density its tooo expensive one acre costs 100000 Canadian dollars or above and we got 20
We produce Wheat Rice (Normal and Basmati) Cotton and pulses and vegetables
And we have a NEW HOLLAND 3630 super Turbo Tractor our pride and other farm machinery anyway per week costs????

petros
+1
With a roommate about $700 a month.

I'll answer more next time you are on here.

Cheer!

Murphy
+1
And check Athabasca. They have courses starting the first working day of every month. The cost includes everything needed for your course. Books, lab materials, CDs, etc.

Athabasca University. Open. Online. Everywhere. : Athabasca University

Oitosyros
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

And check Athabasca. They have courses starting the first working day of every month. The cost includes everything needed for your course. Books, lab materials, CDs, etc.

Athabasca University. Open. Online. Everywhere. : Athabasca University

�� Merci

Murphy
No problem.

spaminator
Man charged after female CTV Atlantic reporter taunted sexually during live broadcast
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
January 17, 2018
Updated:
January 17, 2018 11:14 AM EST
Heather Butts.
Warning: Videos in this story may be offensive to some readers!
By Michael Tutton, THE CANADIAN PRESS
HALIFAX — A 25-year-old man has been charged after a crass taunt was hurled at a female reporter as she was broadcasting live from a Halifax pub.
CTV Atlantic reporter Heather Butts told her Twitter followers on Dec. 29 that the phrase was directed at her during the station’s 6 p.m. broadcast.
“Something offensive was said to me and it went on the air,” she wrote at the time, saying she planned to pursue the incident.
She was doing a short broadcast from the Pint Public House, where fans were watching a world junior hockey championship game.
A recording showed a man suddenly approach Butts and appear to make a crude gesture while calling out a sexually explicit phrase.
She turned around and continued her report without acknowledging the comment, and later anchored the station’s 11:30 p.m. newscast.
Halifax police investigate after TV reporter heckled with crude phrase
Const. Carol McIsaac, the spokeswoman for the Halifax police, said that police have charged Nash John Gracie with public mischief and causing a disturbance.
Gracie was released on a promise to appear in Halifax provincial court on March 1.
“We applaud Halifax police for pursuing this matter,” wrote Matthew Garrow, a spokesman for CTV News.
“The harassment experienced by Heather Butts and other reporters is completely unacceptable.”
Several journalists have expressed support for Butts, saying the incident represents a broader problem of harassment of female broadcast reporters and videographers, sometimes involving a graphic phrase.
The New York Press Club, a U.S.-based association of journalists, tweeted several days after the incident that no journalist should be attacked while doing their job.
CTV News host Jayson Clay Baxter tweeted at the time: “Why does this continue to happen?”
CBC Nova Scotia reporter Marina von Stackelberg had said she experienced harassment earlier in the month while she was working on a story in Dartmouth, when in the middle of an interview, a heckler shouted an obscenity from his car and drove away.
She said it was the second time she had experienced a sexist slur, and it’s an experience that’s become all too common for female broadcast journalists.
In November, an American man was charged with causing a disturbance after yelling a vulgar phrase at CHCH reporter Britt Dixon while she was interviewing a Hamilton police officer.
Dixon said it was the third time that had happened to her over the course of four days.
In August, police charged a Newfoundland man with causing a disturbance after he yelled the phrase at a reporter. Police laid a mischief charge against another Newfoundland man who yelled the same thing toward a journalist in April.
A Toronto FC soccer fan shouted the phrase during an interview with CityNews reporter Shauna Hunt in 2015.
Man charged after female CTV Atlantic reporter taunted sexually during live broadcast | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Statistics Canada has told us that the number of immigrants coming here with university degrees has actually depressed the wages of ALL university graduates by about 20 percent. They also tell us that the number of illegals coming to United States has depressed the wages of high school graduates by about 20 percent- hence Trumps desire to keep out illegals so there will be jobs for Yankees.

Nothing better than an over supply of something to reduce the price! Unless its a LIE-beral govt service- they charge us MORE if we use less!

spaminator
Judge rules 'vulgar' FHITP sexist slur against NTV reporter not illegal
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 20, 2018
Updated:
February 20, 2018 4:18 PM EST
In this stock photo, a female news reporter holds a microphone during an interview.Getty Images
ST. JOHN’S, N.L. — A notorious sexist slur aimed at a reporter in St. John’s, N.L., was vulgar and offensive but not a crime under the circumstances, a judge ruled Tuesday.
Provincial court Judge Colin Flynn dismissed the single charge against Justin Penton, 28, of causing a public disturbance.
Penton acknowledged he yelled a phrase commonly abbreviated to FHITP at NTV reporter Heather Gillis last April as she taped an interview outside the St. John’s dump.
A man in this truck just yelled FHITP at me while during an interview at the landfill. #notokay #growup Publicly shaming you. pic.twitter.com/v9nEpluyB1
— Heather Gillis (@HGillisNTV) April 24, 2017
But Flynn ruled the incident — part of a crass phenomenon that has plagued journalists in the United States and Canada since it started as an online prank in 2014 — did not meet legal precedents for interfering with the public peace.
“Something more than emotional upset and a momentary interruption in a conversation is needed to constitute the criminal offence of causing a disturbance in a public place. And that more is not present in this case,” Flynn wrote.
“It was a vulgar and offensive comment which was offensive to all right thinking people, but is not caught by the criminal law as presently enacted.”
I can tell you that Mr. Penton would not recommend that anyone repeat his conduct.
Ellen O’Gorman, defence attorney
Flynn noted it’s open to Parliament to broaden the law as was done in England where statutes protect against intentional harassment but also “alarm or distress.”
The judge also said his ruling on the specific facts “does not mean that these noted words can be said to persons, in particular female reporters out doing their jobs, with impunity.”
Flynn said it depends on context and circumstances.
Heather Gillis (NTV)
Gillis said in an emailed statement she understands the judge has to work within the law but is disappointed in the ruling.
Calgary police charged a man in 2015 after a female journalist covering bad hockey fan behaviour had the phrase hurled at her from a truck. She got the licence plate.
The man, who was not named, was charged with stunting under the Traffic Safety Act — a non-criminal offence defined as distracting, startling or interfering with other users of a roadway. It now carries a $543 fine.
Mark Dwyer, NTV news director, said the process wasn’t easy for Gillis.
“She’s a very proud journalist and we just admire that she stood up for herself and brought it forward,” he said in an interview.
“Another reporter who is in our newsroom just last night had that same obscenity yelled at them during a live hit at city hall. It continues, unfortunately. In our newsroom, almost every female reporter has been subjected to it.”
It was a vulgar and offensive comment which was offensive to all right thinking people, but is not caught by the criminal law as presently enacted.
Justice Colin Flynn
Gillis testified she was “humiliated, embarrassed and disgusted” with the remark, particularly because it happened as she was interviewing then city councillor Danny Breen, now the mayor of St. John’s. She posted a widely shared photo of the truck to Twitter, saying she was “publicly shaming” the heckler.
Gillis then received a message from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary saying they’d follow up if she wished to make a complaint about what police said could be crime. She did.
Breen testified it wasn’t the first time he’d been in the middle of an interview with a reporter interrupted by the same slur.
Penton’s lawyer Ellen O’Gorman said the case goes to the heart of criminal law.
“The purpose of criminal law is not to police politeness or protect us from hurt feelings,” she said in an emailed statement. “It’s not illegal in our country to shout or swear or make vulgar, insensitive comments to another person. But, if your shouting and swearing causes a disturbance, you could be charged under the same section of the Criminal Code.”
Charge dismissed against man who yelled FHRITP at NTV reporter – https://t.co/CxtzBbAFjF pic.twitter.com/v0C6oNMcCi
— NTV News (@NTVNewsNL) February 20, 2018
Criminal charges are a blunt tool where a “nuanced conversation” about changing attitudes and behaviours is needed, O’Gorman said.
“I can tell you that Mr. Penton would not recommend that anyone repeat his conduct,” she said, adding he feels remorse and embarrassment for what he said and how it affected Gillis.
“It was an action that was thoughtless in the moment but ended up giving him a great many sleepless nights.”
St. John’s lawyer Melissa Royle, who was not involved in the case, said it speaks to a lag in the law.
“I was disheartened but not really surprised,” she said in an interview. “The judge can only apply the law as it currently stands.”
“I think it’s really important that this conversation is happening — whether it’s Parliament, whether it’s judge-made law, that something happens to say this behaviour is not okay.”
I'm proud of my friend & colleague @HGillisNTV. She was steadfast in her effort to show that ignorance, misogyny & degrading slurs hurled at (often) female reporters will not be tolerated. It's offensive. Its wrong. Heather demanded accountability. We all have to.
— Jodi Cooke (@Jodicookeskis) February 20, 2018
Co-workers showed their support for Gillis on social media.
“She was steadfast in her effort to show that ignorance, misogyny and degrading slurs hurled at (often) female reporters will not be tolerated,” NTV reporter Jodi Cooke said on Twitter. “It’s offensive. It’s wrong. Heather demanded accountability. We all have to.”

Charge dismissed against man who yelled FHRITP at NTV reporter | ntv.ca
Judge rules ‘vulgar’ FHITP not illegal

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Judge rules 'vulgar' FHITP sexist slur against NTV reporter not illegal
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 20, 2018
Updated:
February 20, 2018 4:18 PM EST
In this stock photo, a female news reporter holds a microphone during an interview.Getty Images
ST. JOHN’S, N.L. — A notorious sexist slur aimed at a reporter in St. John’s, N.L., was vulgar and offensive but not a crime under the circumstances, a judge ruled Tuesday.
Provincial court Judge Colin Flynn dismissed the single charge against Justin Penton, 28, of causing a public disturbance.
Penton acknowledged he yelled a phrase commonly abbreviated to FHITP at NTV reporter Heather Gillis last April as she taped an interview outside the St. John’s dump.
A man in this truck just yelled FHITP at me while during an interview at the landfill. #notokay #growup Publicly shaming you. pic.twitter.com/v9nEpluyB1
— Heather Gillis (@HGillisNTV) April 24, 2017
But Flynn ruled the incident — part of a crass phenomenon that has plagued journalists in the United States and Canada since it started as an online prank in 2014 — did not meet legal precedents for interfering with the public peace.
“Something more than emotional upset and a momentary interruption in a conversation is needed to constitute the criminal offence of causing a disturbance in a public place. And that more is not present in this case,” Flynn wrote.
“It was a vulgar and offensive comment which was offensive to all right thinking people, but is not caught by the criminal law as presently enacted.”
I can tell you that Mr. Penton would not recommend that anyone repeat his conduct.
Ellen O’Gorman, defence attorney
Flynn noted it’s open to Parliament to broaden the law as was done in England where statutes protect against intentional harassment but also “alarm or distress.”
The judge also said his ruling on the specific facts “does not mean that these noted words can be said to persons, in particular female reporters out doing their jobs, with impunity.”
Flynn said it depends on context and circumstances.
Heather Gillis (NTV)
Gillis said in an emailed statement she understands the judge has to work within the law but is disappointed in the ruling.
Calgary police charged a man in 2015 after a female journalist covering bad hockey fan behaviour had the phrase hurled at her from a truck. She got the licence plate.
The man, who was not named, was charged with stunting under the Traffic Safety Act — a non-criminal offence defined as distracting, startling or interfering with other users of a roadway. It now carries a $543 fine.
Mark Dwyer, NTV news director, said the process wasn’t easy for Gillis.
“She’s a very proud journalist and we just admire that she stood up for herself and brought it forward,” he said in an interview.
“Another reporter who is in our newsroom just last night had that same obscenity yelled at them during a live hit at city hall. It continues, unfortunately. In our newsroom, almost every female reporter has been subjected to it.”
It was a vulgar and offensive comment which was offensive to all right thinking people, but is not caught by the criminal law as presently enacted.
Justice Colin Flynn
Gillis testified she was “humiliated, embarrassed and disgusted” with the remark, particularly because it happened as she was interviewing then city councillor Danny Breen, now the mayor of St. John’s. She posted a widely shared photo of the truck to Twitter, saying she was “publicly shaming” the heckler.
Gillis then received a message from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary saying they’d follow up if she wished to make a complaint about what police said could be crime. She did.
Breen testified it wasn’t the first time he’d been in the middle of an interview with a reporter interrupted by the same slur.
Penton’s lawyer Ellen O’Gorman said the case goes to the heart of criminal law.
“The purpose of criminal law is not to police politeness or protect us from hurt feelings,” she said in an emailed statement. “It’s not illegal in our country to shout or swear or make vulgar, insensitive comments to another person. But, if your shouting and swearing causes a disturbance, you could be charged under the same section of the Criminal Code.”
Charge dismissed against man who yelled FHRITP at NTV reporter – https://t.co/CxtzBbAFjF pic.twitter.com/v0C6oNMcCi
— NTV News (@NTVNewsNL) February 20, 2018
Criminal charges are a blunt tool where a “nuanced conversation” about changing attitudes and behaviours is needed, O’Gorman said.
“I can tell you that Mr. Penton would not recommend that anyone repeat his conduct,” she said, adding he feels remorse and embarrassment for what he said and how it affected Gillis.
“It was an action that was thoughtless in the moment but ended up giving him a great many sleepless nights.”
St. John’s lawyer Melissa Royle, who was not involved in the case, said it speaks to a lag in the law.
“I was disheartened but not really surprised,” she said in an interview. “The judge can only apply the law as it currently stands.”
“I think it’s really important that this conversation is happening — whether it’s Parliament, whether it’s judge-made law, that something happens to say this behaviour is not okay.”
I'm proud of my friend & colleague @HGillisNTV. She was steadfast in her effort to show that ignorance, misogyny & degrading slurs hurled at (often) female reporters will not be tolerated. It's offensive. Its wrong. Heather demanded accountability. We all have to.
— Jodi Cooke (@Jodicookeskis) February 20, 2018
Co-workers showed their support for Gillis on social media.
“She was steadfast in her effort to show that ignorance, misogyny and degrading slurs hurled at (often) female reporters will not be tolerated,” NTV reporter Jodi Cooke said on Twitter. “It’s offensive. It’s wrong. Heather demanded accountability. We all have to.”

Charge dismissed against man who yelled FHRITP at NTV reporter | ntv.ca
Judge rules ‘vulgar’ FHITP not illegal

So what are we being told with the above post? That LIE-berals who claim they are feminists are actually hypocrites cynically seeking votes by saying whatever they think people want to hear and not delivering on ANY of their promises? Gosh! Who would have thought that people notorious for telling fibs and stretching the truth might not honour their word or genuinely take real action to support their values??

Or consider this example of the friction between civil service union Hogs and the rest of us:

Here is an old post that illustrates exactly how much friction there really is- between grossly greedy civil service Hogs and all other people in Canada. And it makes a mockery of LIE-beral assertions of LIE-beral promises to build a more just and caring society!

We have now been shown the TRUE colours and real face of the civil service Working Family Hogs- and it is UGLY! Lie-berals like to talk about how caring and compassionate they are-they claim to be more caring than Conservatives- and Working Family Hogs follow suit-they even recently paid for commercials claiming how they `care` for Toronto-lovely shots of Hogs tending to small children and sick old folks in old age homes and such and assuring us that “Fairness Counts” Hoping to persuade voters- that they see as SUCKERS- to support their DEMANDS tor more gravy for HOGS! What they say and what they do are two DIFFERENT things!

A woman and her sister-down on their luck and living in one of the many Metro Toronto Housing Authority SLUMS recently posted the following: security cameras are a right NOT a privilege!

WTf??! My sister's housing unit's have security cameras in all the hall's and lobbies. our complex in much worst crime area gots only 2 and one don't even work!!! Wtf?? So sick of, crackhos and syringes, and drug deals gone bad.

And some HOG from Working Family responded to her lament with this post:

RE: cameras a right NOT a privilege!! So if I'm reading between the lines correctly; both you and your sister live in public housing. Virtually free housing with NO hydro/gas/water bills and you want more!!

As I read that I thought: “isn`t that a FINE display of HOG “care and compassion”? The woman feels unsafe thanks to LIE-beral hug a thug judges with their “catch and release” attitudes and Hogs can only sneer!

And the woman-frustrated and broke slum dweller- responds with: RE: cameras would of been a deterant!!!!

Her spelling is not the best but I have to agree with her sentiment-we know that cameras don’t halt all crime but they do often force it to go elsewhere to places less well guarded- away from well lighted-places- away from women and children-places with less chance of criminals being identified!

And the HOG responds with THIS: **** off with your goofy demands for more $ for cameras. Just move! Pick yourself up, clean up your act, and make a better life for yourself.

Hog said: Personally... if I found myself having to apply for social housing I would first move WAY outside Toronto... far removed from the drug/thug crowd. You should see some of the social housing in Whitby! Almost like luxury condos! Floor to ceiling windows... extra wide-ass doors for wheelchairs etc. Secure entry. ****... maybe I shouldn't be letting Leroy and Sharqueffa know this.

I read what the HOG has responded with and I am GROSSLY offended! The HOG knows nothing of these women-who they are-how they came to be living in Toronto Housing Authority SLUM apartments-why they cannot escape etc....but the HOG is very quick to assign blame....without having any care and concern for reality or the TRUTH!

NOBODY volunteers to live in Toronto Housing Slums....these crumbling, mould riddled urban messes are the biggest rat traps and roach motels and bed bug havens in Canada and are OWNED and operated by the civil service HOGS of Toronto! They give themselves wonderful salaries, solid gold pensions and benefits and then take huge bonuses in exchange for the bother of having to listen to tenants bitch about crumbling facilities, broken heaters that leave tenants freezing, mal-functioning elevators that trap the aged and disabled in their rooms for days or weeks at a time.

Toronto Housing is the housing of last resort-there is nothing below those slums except sleeping on a street corner! Toronto Housing slums are the last resort of the aged, the sick, the disabled. It is the ONLY resort for those immigrants who should NOT have been allowed into Canada because they lack the skills to function here- but Lie-berals love those ethnic voters so the un-qualified people are allowed to come- hoping against hope they can access the debt riddled Cdn dream and languishing in filthy bug infested Govt SLUMS! Toronto Housing is also the last resort for crack whores and low level drug dealers, for thieves and criminals and scam artists- NONE of whom EVER get evicted for any reason short of threatening Toronto Housing Hog employees with a GUN! Yes, all manner of vile types mixed in with the poor and the ill and the disabled and the desperate-like the woman doing the posting about security cameras!

The HOG asks why these women don’t pick themselves up and improve their lives? The HOG ignores reality-my 95 year old neighbour got it quick enough-she watched the noon news one day and then leaned over the fence and told me: the government LIES-there are not enough jobs for everybody!

And the HOG? HE LIES too! He and his kind ignore the desperate damage being done to our economy, our job opportunities and standard of living by the high taxes and massive government debt needed to keep the Hogs swimming in gravy. Its rather hard to pull yourself up when grossly entitled HOGS are standing on your head and pushing you under while grabbing up all the cash!

And HOG will say: GO BACK TO SCHOOL and fix your situation! Except that HOGS have messed that up too.....tuition costs are WAY BEYOND the resources of most people since our colleges and universities are also operated by HOGS! And once you reach a certain age its not possible to recoup the costs of that hugely expensive education......you wont live long enough in your new career to recoup the costs-you are looking at a net LOSS in your life....even assuming there ACTUALLY IS a job available for you after you graduate- since age discrimination is a REAL factor in our economy!

Get to a certain age and the math is against you--might as well keep looking for a simple job and avoid the bankruptcy that so many heavily indebted graduates fall into- yes, sweeping floors, washing dishes, data entry etc, is not great work but after a certain point there is NO need to yield to Hog tuition demands and risk being forced into bankruptcy just to end up sweeping floors anyway!

Fully TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT of student graduates of main stream public colleges and universities are crushed by their debts and declare bankruptcy within a few years of graduation- and THIRTY-FIVE PERCENT of graduates of private colleges go bankrupt within a few years of graduation! About half of all graduates end up living back with parents as they cannot afford to pay their tuition debts to Hogs in a timely way and be self supporting as well. These kind of numbers make playing the lottery look good.....especially if you are older and your future earning power is limited! Playing the lottery looks better as its MUCH cheaper to get into and the payoff is MUCH better if you get lucky!

Even when LIE-berals `help`- they screw it up! One has only to look at the $100 million dollars offered to Cdn auto workers by LIE-berals in 2008- only 5 percent of the money was used- Cdns looked at the endless list of string and conditions that put the cash out of reach and ignored the so called LIE-beral `generosity`!

Toronto is a typical big city-DOMINATED by big box stores with that `serve yourself` philosophy- there is nobody in the stores but a very small force of warehouse types stocking shelves and a few cashiers getting minimum wage- as my neighbour said: NOT ENOUGH JOBS FOR EVERYBODY! All the small businesses that were the real job generators in Canada have been killed off by high taxes and big box stores are selling cheap imports from China etc- so no market share available for Cdn manufacturers nor any ordinary small Cdn business who wants to operate honestly!

And the Hog goes on to say: move to Whitby-conditions in public housing are better there! Oh sure, Hog is probably right about that. Except that the waiting list for housing in Whitby is LONGER than what it is in Toronto- courtesy of the HOGS! For every dollar spent by Ontari-owe premier McWynnty on a citizen of Whitby, she spends TEN DOLLARS on a Toronto citizen! YES a ten to one ratio of provincial spending for social services .....Whitby has HALF the number of hospital beds that would be available in a comparable size Toronto district with similar limits in ALL other social service areas as well. And Wynne-bag doesn’t understand WHY Whitby keeps electing both federal and provincial CONSERVATIVE reps???

I can tell you: DON’T move to Whitby for work- 1/3 of Toronto residents commute out of the city for work- in Whitby 2/3 of the population leaves the district for work....there is NO work in Whitby and transportation costs are massive out here, so if those women `whining` about security cameras have a part time job in Toronto its best if they stay there!

All Whitby job application forms have a section for the following: what kind of car you drive-make and model and year and current mileage-the boss is trying to figure out which prospective employee is most likely to actually show up- and the more reliable the car the more reliable the employee! Just too bad you cannot buy a car or maintain it on what you are paid in a typical Whitby job these days- so parents are on the hook for getting kids to any work available. All this is thanks to that Hog inspired ten to one provincial funding disadvantage, Whitby is short on public transit. In Whitby, no car means NO WORK because you cannot get anyplace without a CAR there!

In Whitby, Dalton McGinty is regarded as the poster boy of Lie-beral style caring and compassion and double dealing and hypocrisy. When General Motors suffered its melt down, McGinty offered up One Hundred Million Dollars for retraining.....too bad there were so many strings attached he should not have bothered!

First, the money was ONLY offered to people who had NEVER been to college or university-didn’t matter if you graduated or not-taking one semester was enough to disqualify you. And GM jobs were so sought after in the old days that they ONLY hired college and university Graduates-so NO auto workers were eligible for the LIE-beral handout! Some of the subsidiaries-Leer Seating and others were less demanding and some of their people would have taken up the Lie-beral offer-if they were not also hung up in Lie-beral red tape! An applicant could get a Maximum of $25,000.00 but thanks to the Hogs that ONLY pays for tuition on a 4 year course......OSAP loans were available for some living expenses, but of course if you are part of a family of 4-mom, dad and a couple of kids your expenses are HEAVY......and if you own a house you will have to SELL it and use that money, as well as any savings you might have, for living expenses while studying......and when you come out the other side with your new degree you better PRAY that you find a job quickly because you are NOT eligible for welfare or unemployment insurance! Take up that Hog offer of `help and retraining` and you may just end up BROKE and HOMELESS! Small wonder that only Five Percent of that One Hundred Million in retraining money ever got used!

So what should we do? Throw up our hands in despair and surrender? OH HELL NO! We start by voting early and voting often for any politician who wants to derail that HOG Gravy Train that is killing jobs and loading us with insane government debt! FREEZE ALL government salaries......for about TWENTY YEARS! And let the Hog pension plans DIE. The entitlements of high school teachers are so HUGE, the pension pay-outs are so gross that their pension plan will go bankrupt by about 2018 UNLESS they get about 55 Billion dollars in extra payments- and whatever High school teachers get, the other EIGHTEEN HOG unions WANT as well......extra payments totaling well OVER Two Hundred Billion Dollars and maybe over Three Hundred Billion-more than the ENTIRE Ontari-owe budget for a year! And this demand for pension money covers ONLY Ontari-owe employees- the other three levels of govt- federal, municipal and crown corporations such as hospitals, colleges, E-health, Metrolinx and etc ALL HAVE similar demands! Its all utterly unaffordable MADNESS!!!! KILL IT NOW before it grows! And install a few damned security cameras in Toronto Housing Authority buildings along the way so people can feel safer and more secure!!!!!

spaminator
Laws must change, politician says after N.L. man acquitted of 'FHITP' slur
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 21, 2018
Updated:
February 21, 2018 11:56 AM EST
Then Newfoundland and Labrador Finance Minister Cathy Bennett concludes the 2017 Budget from the floor of the Legislature in St. John's on April 6, 2017. Bennett is hoping to change provincial harassment laws following the acquittal of a man who hurled sexual obscenities at a female TV reporter in St. John's.Paul Daly / THE CANADIAN PRESS
ST. JOHN’S, N.L. — A Newfoundland politician is hoping to change provincial harassment laws following the acquittal of a man who hurled sexual obscenities at a female TV reporter in St. John’s.
Cathy Bennett says laws on workplace sexual harassment are badly outdated.
On Tuesday, provincial court Judge Colin Flynn dismissed a single charge against 28-year-old Justin Penton for causing a public disturbance.
The judge said the sexist slur — part of a crass phenomenon that has plagued journalists in the United States and Canada since it started as an online prank in 2014 — was vulgar and offensive, but not a crime under the circumstances.
In a statement Wednesday, Bennett said she will introduce a private member’s bill in the House of Assembly to amend the Labour Standards Act, the Labour Relations Act, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
“A workplace can also include public sidewalks where a female reporter may be doing her job,” Bennett said in her statement.
“Sexual harassment perpetrated by bystanders, peers, subordinates and people in power can no longer be tolerated and our laws must be changed in order to ensure there are legal consequences to such actions.”
Judge rules ‘vulgar’ FHITP sexist slur against NTV reporter not illegal
Bennett, who has long been an advocate against harassment of women, was the Liberal government’s finance minister until she resigned in July. She continues to represent a St. John’s-area riding.
She said there is for the first time a unified voice of intolerance toward sexual harassment of women, and laws must keep up with society.
“I fear our laws in Newfoundland and Labrador, like many places, are dreadfully outdated to reflect our current times,” she said.
In his ruling Tuesday, Flynn noted it’s open to Parliament to broaden the law, as was done in England where statutes protect against intentional harassment but also “alarm or distress.”
Gillis said in an emailed statement she understood the judge has to work within the law, but was disappointed in the ruling.
Mark Dwyer, NTV’s news director, said another reporter in the newsroom had the same obscenity yelled at her Monday night during a live hit at city hall.
“In our newsroom, almost every female reporter has been subjected to it,” he said Tuesday.
Laws must change, politician says after N.L. man acquitted of ‘FHITP’ slur | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer

Laws must change, politician says after N.L. man acquitted of 'FHITP' slur
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
February 21, 2018
Updated:
February 21, 2018 11:56 AM EST
Then Newfoundland and Labrador Finance Minister Cathy Bennett concludes the 2017 Budget from the floor of the Legislature in St. John's on April 6, 2017. Bennett is hoping to change provincial harassment laws following the acquittal of a man who hurled sexual obscenities at a female TV reporter in St. John's.Paul Daly / THE CANADIAN PRESS
ST. JOHN’S, N.L. — A Newfoundland politician is hoping to change provincial harassment laws following the acquittal of a man who hurled sexual obscenities at a female TV reporter in St. John’s.
Cathy Bennett says laws on workplace sexual harassment are badly outdated.
On Tuesday, provincial court Judge Colin Flynn dismissed a single charge against 28-year-old Justin Penton for causing a public disturbance.
The judge said the sexist slur — part of a crass phenomenon that has plagued journalists in the United States and Canada since it started as an online prank in 2014 — was vulgar and offensive, but not a crime under the circumstances.
In a statement Wednesday, Bennett said she will introduce a private member’s bill in the House of Assembly to amend the Labour Standards Act, the Labour Relations Act, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
“A workplace can also include public sidewalks where a female reporter may be doing her job,” Bennett said in her statement.
“Sexual harassment perpetrated by bystanders, peers, subordinates and people in power can no longer be tolerated and our laws must be changed in order to ensure there are legal consequences to such actions.”
Judge rules ‘vulgar’ FHITP sexist slur against NTV reporter not illegal
Bennett, who has long been an advocate against harassment of women, was the Liberal government’s finance minister until she resigned in July. She continues to represent a St. John’s-area riding.
She said there is for the first time a unified voice of intolerance toward sexual harassment of women, and laws must keep up with society.
“I fear our laws in Newfoundland and Labrador, like many places, are dreadfully outdated to reflect our current times,” she said.
In his ruling Tuesday, Flynn noted it’s open to Parliament to broaden the law, as was done in England where statutes protect against intentional harassment but also “alarm or distress.”
Gillis said in an emailed statement she understood the judge has to work within the law, but was disappointed in the ruling.
Mark Dwyer, NTV’s news director, said another reporter in the newsroom had the same obscenity yelled at her Monday night during a live hit at city hall.
“In our newsroom, almost every female reporter has been subjected to it,” he said Tuesday.
Laws must change, politician says after N.L. man acquitted of ‘FHITP’ slur | Toronto Sun

Gosh.....HOW ODD? In our LIE-beral Brave New World people can STILL be insulted by the same old vulgarities? And how is it that LIE-berals- led by our staunchly determined feminist prime minister have not yet ridden to the rescue? Could it be that Our idiot |Boy and his moronic minions do not actually CARE about crude public expressions of vulgarity? There ARE laws on the books already governing public obscenity and should we ask if LIE-beals are too damned busy with their Islamophobia bigotry and their attacks on the free speech of anybody who is dritical of the oh so many FAILED LIE-BERAL POLICIES that they have no time for enforcing basic levels of public decorum?

What DO LIE- berals spend their day on- other than patting themselves on the back and exclaiming "we are the greatest"? They certainly aint wasting time fixing the economy!

spaminator
CTV reporter Heather Butts gets apology for vulgar heckle during broadcast
Canadian Press
Published:
September 26, 2018
Updated:
September 26, 2018 4:13 PM EDT
CTV's Heather Butts, seen here in an undated handout photo, was broadcasting live from a pub to report on the World Junior Hockey Championship when Nash John Gracie walked into the shot, made a crude gesture and uttered a sexually explicit comment.HO / THE CANADIAN PRESS
HALIFAX — A female reporter says she’s satisfied by a restorative justice process that saw a man apologize for yelling a vulgar phrase at her.
CTV Atlantic’s Heather Butts was broadcasting live from a Halifax pub on the World Junior Hockey Championship when Nash John Gracie made a crude gesture and uttered a sexually explicit comment on Dec. 29.
Butts said she is satisfied that the 25-year-old Gracie has taken responsibility for his actions through the restorative justice process and has agreed to community service.
She says the incident is an example of the harassment many reporters have experienced over the years across North America.
She says the process sends a message that these incidents will not be tolerated.
A spokesman for CTV says the network is “pleased the person responsible … is being held accountable through the restorative justice process,” adding it’s important journalists are able to do their jobs free of harassment.
Gracie was charged with public mischief and causing a disturbance. When the case was referred to restorative justice, his lawyer said the charges would be withdrawn once he completed the process.
The provincial website says restorative justice is “a response to crime that focuses on restoring the losses suffered by victims and communities.”
It says participants are given “an opportunity to talk about their concerns and to talk about the offence from their own perspective,” and that “the parties develop an understanding of the impact of the offence and the steps needed to make amends.”
In February, a provincial court in Newfoundland and Labrador dismissed a public disturbance charge against 28-year-old Justin Penton following a similar incident. Judge Colin Flynn said the sexist slur was vulgar and offensive, but not a crime under the circumstances.
Unifor, which represents the reporter in the Newfoundland incident, NTV’s Heather Gillis, issued a statement saying it was concerned about the judge’s decision, saying he “missed an opportunity to send a message that vulgar, verbal attacks on journalists are not acceptable.”
NTV reporter Heather Gillis. NTV/Supplied

http://torontosun.com/news/national/...-vulgar-heckle

spilledthebeer

CTV reporter Heather Butts gets apology for vulgar heckle during broadcast
Canadian Press
Published:
September 26, 2018
Updated:
September 26, 2018 4:13 PM EDT
CTV's Heather Butts, seen here in an undated handout photo, was broadcasting live from a pub to report on the World Junior Hockey Championship when Nash John Gracie walked into the shot, made a crude gesture and uttered a sexually explicit comment.HO / THE CANADIAN PRESS
HALIFAX — A female reporter says she’s satisfied by a restorative justice process that saw a man apologize for yelling a vulgar phrase at her.
CTV Atlantic’s Heather Butts was broadcasting live from a Halifax pub on the World Junior Hockey Championship when Nash John Gracie made a crude gesture and uttered a sexually explicit comment on Dec. 29.
Butts said she is satisfied that the 25-year-old Gracie has taken responsibility for his actions through the restorative justice process and has agreed to community service.
She says the incident is an example of the harassment many reporters have experienced over the years across North America.
She says the process sends a message that these incidents will not be tolerated.
A spokesman for CTV says the network is “pleased the person responsible … is being held accountable through the restorative justice process,” adding it’s important journalists are able to do their jobs free of harassment.
Gracie was charged with public mischief and causing a disturbance. When the case was referred to restorative justice, his lawyer said the charges would be withdrawn once he completed the process.
The provincial website says restorative justice is “a response to crime that focuses on restoring the losses suffered by victims and communities.”
It says participants are given “an opportunity to talk about their concerns and to talk about the offence from their own perspective,” and that “the parties develop an understanding of the impact of the offence and the steps needed to make amends.”
In February, a provincial court in Newfoundland and Labrador dismissed a public disturbance charge against 28-year-old Justin Penton following a similar incident. Judge Colin Flynn said the sexist slur was vulgar and offensive, but not a crime under the circumstances.
Unifor, which represents the reporter in the Newfoundland incident, NTV’s Heather Gillis, issued a statement saying it was concerned about the judge’s decision, saying he “missed an opportunity to send a message that vulgar, verbal attacks on journalists are not acceptable.”
NTV reporter Heather Gillis. NTV/Supplied

http://torontosun.com/news/national/...-vulgar-heckle

================================================== ================================================== ==

AS I have stated many times before- our LIE-beral overlords are IGNORING all manner of crimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals simply REFUSE to deal in any sensible way with any crime- from the trivial to the vicious because it would cut into their gravy supply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once upon a time it was ILLEGAL to use vulgare language on the public streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the VILE PIERRE TRUDEAU and his loser LIE-berals came into public life- a reporter could be assured of swift police reaction to such a vulgar insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But LIE-berals have had such pernicious influence on our society that we now have NO ;protection from ANY sort of attack - from the merely verbal up to and including gunfire and being run over by large trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LIE-beral madness is running so desperately deep that in summer 2017, LIE-beral hug a thug judges RELEASED SEVEN ACCUSED KILLERS- without the bother of a costly and time consuming set of trials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals also released without trials- 4 men who had stolen $7 million dollars in various FRAUD efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals LOVE to sneer at Cdn Conrad Black as a criminal and they hold him up as an example of an allegedly typical white CEO!!!!!

But LIE-berals DO NOT want to discuss WHY THEY NEVER CHARGED BLACK WITH ANY CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals have very seletive memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals have NO SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals are fresh out of creative excuses for their various INSULTING and outrageous policies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!