Just imagine what the Yanks feel about the Remainers


Blackleaf
#1
The brilliant Richard Littlejohn tries to imagine our American allies - don't forget that the USA is a big supporter of Brexit - making sense of our Remainer MPs...

RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Just imagine what those in the US must think as they watch the shenanigans of our Parliament - and we have the nerve to sneer at THEIR politics?

By Richard Littlejohn For The Daily Mail
05 Sep 2019

Trying to make sense of the Brexit debacle is maddening enough, even if you live here. So imagine what the shenanigans over the past few days must look like from overseas.

To find out, it’s time once again to cross to our U.S. affiliate, Eye Witness News, in Palm Beach...

Good morning, America, how are you? This is your favourite son, Chad Hanging, with another fair and balanced three hours of news you can use. While we’ve been hunkering down in the face of Hurricane Dorian, there’s been plenty of turbulence on the other side of the pond, in Jolly Old Englandland. Let’s go live to London, where our special correspondent Brit Limey has been following events.


Trying to make sense of the Brexit debacle is maddening enough, even if you live here, writes Richard Littlejohn

Good morning, Chad. I’m standing here on Collard Green, the media village opposite the Palace of Westchester, cradle of British democracy.

You’ll have to speak up, Brit. I can hardly hear you. There’s a lot of noise in the background.

That’ll be the pro-Eurovision demonstrators, Chad. They’ve been camped out here 24/7 for the past three years, waving flags and shouting through loud-hailers.

What are they doing there?

They want to stop Brexit.

I thought the Yew-Kay voted for Brexit over three years ago.

They did, but it still hasn’t happened.

Why not?

It’s a long story, Chad. Basically, most of the MPs — that’s what they call congressmen here in Westchester — don’t want to leave the Eurovision Union. So they’ve done everything they can to stop it.

But didn’t they promise to respect the result of the referendum?

Yes, they did, but they didn’t mean it.

So they lied to the British people?

That’s a big Ten-four, Chad.

I thought President Maggie May said that Brexit would mean Brexit.

She did. She also said that no deal was better than a bad deal. But she didn’t mean that either. She came back from Brussels with a bad deal that nobody liked.

What was the problem?

Something to do with a bus stop on the island of Irelandland and having to build a wall in the sea.

How was that supposed to work?

Like President Trump’s wall on the Mexican border, I guess. She tried to get her deal through the House of Westchester three times, but the MPs kept voting against it. In the end she was forced to resign.

So who’s in charge now?

President Boris Johnson.

Boris? He’s Russian? I knew there were plenty of Commies in Englandland but I never thought they’d make one President.

He’s not a Commie, Chad, he’s a Conservative. Mind you, the way things are going here at Westchester, the Yew-Kay could soon have a real commie as President.

Who’s that?

Jeremy Corden.

The English guy who does that late-night TV show with the Carpool Karaoke?

No, that’s James Corbyn. Jeremy Corden is leader of the Labor Party.

So there’s going to be a General Election?

Not necessarily, Chad. Corden says he wants an election. So does Boris, on October 15, but Labor won’t let him hold one.

Run that by me again, Brit.

It’s complicated. This week, MPs voted to prevent Boris calling an election.

Can they do that?

Apparently so.

Hang on a doggone minute. Corden says he wants an election but voted to stop President Boris calling one?

Go figure. Essentially, it’s all about stopping Brexit.

So Corden is against Britain leaving the EU?

No, he’s always been anti-EU. He thinks it’s a capitalist conspiracy against the workers.

So why doesn’t he vote for Brexit?

Because he wants to be President.

Surely he can’t become President without winning an election.

You’d think. But nobody else wants him to be President, even most of his own Labor Party MPs.

Does anyone apart from President Boris want an election?

The Scotch Nuts say they want an election.

So they’re backing Brexit?

No, they want to stay in the Eurovision Union. It’s the Yew-Kay they want to quit.

Where does this leave President Boris?

Well, he’s lost his majority and lost control of business at Westchester.

How did that happen?

One Conservative congressman resigned to join the Liberal Democrats this week and 21 more were kicked out of the party for voting to prevent President Boris taking Britain out of the Eurovision Union without a deal on October 31.

What happened to ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’?

They’ve taken that off the table. They want a deal.

But didn’t you say earlier that when President May offered them a deal, they voted against that three times?

Correct.

So, lemme get this straight, they’ve voted against a deal and they’ve also voted against no deal. Are they crazy?

They’ve also been offered a yuge free trade deal with America, but they don’t want that either.

Why not?

They pretend it’s about not letting the U.S. export chicken rinsed in chlorine to Englandland. They say that it’s poisonous, or something.

But millions of Americans eat chlorinated chicken every day and we’re not dropping like flies. Correct me if I’m wrong, in Europe they eat horses, don’t they?

It’s got nothing to do with chicken, Chad. They just don’t like Donald Trump.

Heck, I don’t like Donald Trump either, but that’s not going to keep me away from a party bucket of KFC.

Let me jump in here, Chad, with some breaking news. I’m just hearing that Johnson has resigned.

President Boris has resigned?

Hold on. It’s his younger brother, Jo, who has resigned, not Boris. He’s a Conservative MP and minister but he’s also a Remainer and says he has to put the national interest above family loyalty.

So he wants to stop Brexit, too?

I guess so, Chad.

We’re running out of time, Brit, so can you just explain how all these MPs attempt to justify trying to overturn the result of the referendum and preventing the people having their say by voting in a General Election.

They call it ‘defending democracy’, Chad. And they say they’re sticking up for parliamentary sovereignty, even though they have now given Brussels the power to decide when, or if, and on what terms, the Yew-Kay can leave the EU. Which will be, like, never.

Holy cannoli! What the Sam Hill is going on over there? Westchester is supposed to be the Mother of Parliaments. This is the country that gave us universal suffrage, Winston Churchill, Mrs Thatcher and Magnus Carter. Sounds to me more of a tinpot banana republic like Venezuela.

Funny you should mention Venezuela, Chad. If Jeremy Corden ever does become President, the Yew-Kay will end up exactly like Venezuela.

And they have the goddam nerve to sneer at the way we run our democracy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...arliament.html
 
Hoid
#2
everyone everywhere is embarrassed for you
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Yes it appears that maintaining a seat on the gravy train is more important to your elected officials then their constituents desires . The mother of democracy is failing .
 
Blackleaf
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yes it appears that maintaining a seat on the gravy train is more important to your elected officials then their constituents desires . The mother of democracy is failing .

Spot on.

84% of MPs were elected on mandates to deliver Brexit. Yet here most of them are trying to overturn Brexit.

It's shocking stuff.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#5
Just imagine what the Yanks feel about the Remainers


They go "hunh?"

"What's thayat?"

Trust me. The Yanks have their heads totally up their asses and probably more than half of them could find neither Britain nor Europe on a globe.
 
Hoid
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Spot on.

84% of MPs were elected on mandates to deliver Brexit. Yet here most of them are trying to overturn Brexit.

It's shocking stuff.

what a ridiculous lie
 
Blackleaf
#7
A guy in work who, like me, is now a Brexit Party supporter, had an argument with an MP over Brexit.

Paul, who is like the leader of us order pickers, working away on his computer and telling us what orders to pick, is 53 years old and is married with two children. He's a very clever guy and knows a lot about all sorts of things. He should be a teacher.

During the EU Elections campaign earlier this year he was just getting out of his car on his driveway when a Labour politician out canvassing approached him, asking Paul for his vote.

Paul said: "What are you going to do get us out of the EU?"

"Erm, erm, erm", said the Labour numpty.

Paul: "I ain't voting for the Labour Party again while they keep trying to keep us in the EU!"

And then he held his hand up high and said: "Johnny Foreigner is up here..."

And then he put it down low: "...and the English are down here! And until that f*cking changes and we are out of the EU I'm putting a big fat f*king cross next to the Brexit Party in elections, so f&ck off."

Paul also dislikes the foreigners working on our late shift - there's a shitload of Burmese and Congolese for some weird reason - and says that in all his years he's never been in a job with so many immigrants. He ****ing hates them.

His daughter had run into the house to hide while this was going on! His son, who had warned the Labour numpty beforehand, said "I told you..."

Next minute the Labour Numpty's wife turned up.

"Come on, love, let's go", he said. "This man has a bee in his bonnet".

It just goes to to show the general public feeling of hostility to Remainer MPs right now.
Last edited by Blackleaf; 1 week ago at 05:58 PM..
 
Blackleaf
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

what a ridiculous lie

If it's a lie, I assume you're about to comprehensively prove it as such right now.

It'll be tough going for you, though, because it's fact.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#9

A guy in work who, like me, is now a Brexit Party supporter, had an argument with an MP over Brexit.


Is he the pallet wrapping guy or the skid moving guy?
 
Blackleaf
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post


A guy in work who, like me, is now a Brexit Party supporter, had an argument with an MP over Brexit.

Is he the pallet wrapping guy or the skid moving guy?

I've already explained who he is.

Do try to keep up.
 
Blackleaf
#11
Still waiting for Hoid to prove me wrong. I may be waiting for a while.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I've already explained who he is.
Do try to keep up.

Ah.

Pallet wrapped ...
 
Blackleaf
#13
Still waiting...
 
Tecumsehsbones
#14
Just reminds us why we kicked you to the curb in 1781.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Just reminds us why we kicked you to the curb in 1781.

They're expecting you guys to save their asses, again.

Just sayin'.
 
Blackleaf
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Just reminds us why we kicked you to the curb in 1781.

We're doing the same now to the EU - and supported by the United States.

We mustn't forget, of course, that the EU is an anti-American organisation.
 
Blackleaf
#17
Still waiting...

I suspect he's busy writing a long and detailed post that'll humiliatingly prove me wrong.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

We're doing the same now to the EU - and supported by the United States.
We mustn't forget, of course, that the EU is an anti-American organisation.

Supported by Trump and Brannon and Captain Kangaroo and a few of the other Hitler Youth because they see a weakened Europe leading to a stronger America. You would be hard pressed to find an American anywhere else that gives a flying fukc about Brexit.
 
Blackleaf
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Supported by Trump and Brannon and Captain Kangaroo and a few of the other Hitler Youth because they see a weakened Europe leading to a stronger America. You would be hard pressed to find an American anywhere else that gives a flying fukc about Brexit.

Remember that the EU is an anti-American organisation. So you can hardly blame the Yanks for not being particularly enamoured towards it.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Remember that the EU is an anti-American organisation. So you can hardly blame the Yanks for not being particularly enamoured towards it.

"The Yanks" that you refer to are a freak fringe. Most Yanks can't stand you guys.
 
Blackleaf
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"The Yanks" that you refer to are a freak fringe.

Probably because most Yanks, Tecumseh's Boner included, are ignorant as to the workings and true nature of the EU. Most don't realise that it's an anti-American organisation that wants to try and rival the US in all manner of ways, similar to the USSR.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Probably because most Yanks, Tecumseh's Boner included, are ignorant as to the workings and true nature of the EU. Most don't realise that it's an anti-American organisation that wants to try and rival the US in all manner of ways, similar to the USSR.

No ....they couldn't give a flying fukc about you and your drauma.
 
Blackleaf
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Most Yanks can't stand you guys.

Bollocks.

Of course, as is the case with Mr Hoid, I'm assuming you are about to back up your dubious assertion.
 
Blackleaf
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

No ....they couldn't give a flying fukc about you and your drauma.

I'm right, arent I? Admit it.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I'm right, arent I? Admit it.

They think that you're assholes.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

We're doing the same now to the EU - and supported by the United States.
We mustn't forget, of course, that the EU is an anti-American organisation.

"Supported" how, exactly?

I mean, I support it for the reasons we've already stated.

Il Dope supports it because he's an imbecile.

Neither of which is the support of the United States.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

what a ridiculous lie

Really, a comment like that , with no explanation, please where is the lie ?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"The Yanks" that you refer to are a freak fringe. Most Yanks can't stand you guys.

That’s funny , most of us Canadians hate you guys .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

"Supported" how, exactly?

I mean, I support it for the reasons we've already stated.

Il Dope supports it because he's an imbecile.

Neither of which is the support of the United States.

Sadly he still is your President and has the authority invested in him whether you like him or not . I have a similar problem with our current government .
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#30
what does it matter, what the Yajnks think??
 

Similar Threads

0
Oh sure, I imagine it's possible
by Locutus | Feb 6th, 2014
2
Imagine
by china | Jul 2nd, 2008