G- 7 : 2019

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Amazon fires: Merkel and Macron urge G7 to debate 'emergency'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin...p+news+stories

Interesting that Donald does not want a to attend. He would rather see these gorps split up and deal with each nation separately........as he feels he can negotiate on a one to one better. He can also play his dirty game of one nation against another if they are separate. He CANNOT deal with a gorp effectively. He perceives it as THEM vs HIM. like all bullies.....he is very very insecure.

Serryah
Free Thinker
Considering the importance of the Amazon, the "leader" of Brazil is a moron to think no one else should be concerned for it.

As to his "we can't fight the fires" claim - fires of major size happen all over the world and often in times like that, firefighters from other countries volunteer to go help fight them (North American to Australia comes to mind). So really, all it would take is a "We need help" from this supposed "leader" to likely get it, considering his country's importance to the world.

But he won't, because he's much in line with those recent leader types who are all for themselves, F the world, F the country and if it's not good for me or to make me look good, I don't care.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Considering the importance of the Amazon, the "leader" of Brazil is a moron to think no one else should be concerned for it.
As to his "we can't fight the fires" claim - fires of major size happen all over the world and often in times like that, firefighters from other countries volunteer to go help fight them (North American to Australia comes to mind). So really, all it would take is a "We need help" from this supposed "leader" to likely get it, considering his country's importance to the world.
But he won't, because he's much in line with those recent leader types who are all for themselves, F the world, F the country and if it's not good for me or to make me look good, I don't care.

You're assuming you know the exact location of the fire. The Amazon is some pretty damn thick brush. Simply getting firefighters to the scene could be next to impossible. And water bombers while very helpful, only serve to assist the ground troops, you can't water bomb a wildfire out of existence.

Besides, our idiot PM did the exact same thing during the Alberta wildfires. "S'okay, we don't need any help. I'm hoping the oil patch burns anyway".

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Donald Trump and Boris Johnson to hold talks during G7 summit

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...as-pm-11792588

Two Alpha males.........should be intersecting.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

I'm asking this not to be a smart ass so please don't take it that way but, are you dyslexic per chance? Was just wondering because you spelled group as "gorp" twice in your OP. Which makes it confusing when you say the Trump-Johnson meeting should be "intersecting" as to whether that was another "typo" or clever word play.

Serryah
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

You're assuming you know the exact location of the fire. The Amazon is some pretty damn thick brush.

Satellite is a wonderful tool to help pinpoint things. Plus, aircraft water bombers.

Simply getting firefighters to the scene could be next to impossible.

That much is true, yes. Experts would have to discuss how to tackle that entire area. So far there's no hint that there's any attack plan, or any fire fighting what so ever.

And water bombers while very helpful, only serve to assist the ground troops, you can't water bomb a wildfire out of existence.

Again, true. Which is the point of Brazil's leader to ask for help, which he is not doing.

Besides, our idiot PM did the exact same thing during the Alberta wildfires. "S'okay, we don't need any help. I'm hoping the oil patch burns anyway".

Where did he say that wild fires are okay?

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Satellite is a wonderful tool to help pinpoint things. Plus, aircraft water bombers.
That much is true, yes. Experts would have to discuss how to tackle that entire area. So far there's no hint that there's any attack plan, or any fire fighting what so ever.
Again, true. Which is the point of Brazil's leader to ask for help, which he is not doing.
Where did he say that wild fires are okay?

He didn't. I was surmising Groper's apparent attitude towards it all.

Serryah
Free Thinker

He didn't. I was surmising Groper's apparent attitude towards it all.

Okay, where did he have the attitude that the wildfires of Alberta were okay?

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1

Go look up the definition of 'surmise' and then get back to me.

Northern Alberta burns, the oil patch is at risk and 10s of thousands of people were left homeless. What's Groper do? Refuses international assistance that was freely offered and spends over $1.5 billion on Syrian "refugees" while "pledging" to merely match Red Cross donations for the affected Albertans. Even shortly after the fires he didn't go and see the Canadian refugees to assure them that the govt had their back, because it didn't. Instead he preferred to act like a fruit cake at this Pride parade and that Pride parade. While never missing an opportunity for a photo op at Pride events or welcoming the Syrian "refugees".

Quite frankly, he didn't care about Alberta. THAT is what I meant by it was okay. It didn't give him the opportunity to virtue signal to the world about how welcoming, accepting and tolerant he is (unless you disagree with him) while the Syrians and Pride did.
Quite frankly, Groper doesn't care about any part of Canada that isn't within the confines of the Quebec border.

Tecumsehsbones

Amazon fires: Merkel and Macron urge G7 to debate 'emergency'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin...p+news+stories
Interesting that Donald does not want a to attend.

I imagine that makes it unanimous.

Hoid

that is a typical white natty whataboutism

Serryah
Free Thinker

Go look up the definition of 'surmise' and then get back to me.

Northern Alberta burns, the oil patch is at risk and 10s of thousands of people were left homeless. What's Groper do? Refuses international assistance that was freely offered and spends over $1.5 billion on Syrian "refugees" while "pledging" to merely match Red Cross donations for the affected Albertans. Even shortly after the fires he didn't go and see the Canadian refugees to assure them that the govt had their back, because it didn't. Instead he preferred to act like a fruit cake at this Pride parade and that Pride parade. While never missing an opportunity for a photo op at Pride events or welcoming the Syrian "refugees".

Quite frankly, he didn't care about Alberta. THAT is what I meant by it was okay. It didn't give him the opportunity to virtue signal to the world about how welcoming, accepting and tolerant he is (unless you disagree with him) while the Syrians and Pride did.
Quite frankly, Groper doesn't care about any part of Canada that isn't within the confines of the Quebec border.

Where did Trudeau have this lack of empathy at? When? Which fires? There's been a lot of them out there lately and I'd like to read up on the responses, so I'd like to know which ones to look for. In all seriousness.

Because if you're right, then this is another 'wrong' he's done to the list of wrong.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

G-7 leaders hope for quiet summit amid worries about Trump

As economic and political head winds gather across the globe, leaders of the world��s Group of 7 nations are bracing themselves for a different kind of turbulent force: President Trump.
By Toluse Olorunnipa, Damian Paletta, Josh Dawsey and Michael Birnbaum �� Read more ��

sourtce WAPO

When a group of world leaders are concerned about Trumps erratic , (crazy) behaviour........there is a big problem. There is no way the US (Trump) is a world leader now...........Trump's US simply does not have it. to do the job properly.

Walter

G-7 leaders hope for quiet summit amid worries about Trump

As economic and political head winds gather across the globe, leaders of the world��s Group of 7 nations are bracing themselves for a different kind of turbulent force: President Trump.
By Toluse Olorunnipa, Damian Paletta, Josh Dawsey and Michael Birnbaum �� Read more ��
sourtce WAPO
When a group of world leaders are concerned about Trumps erratic , (crazy) behaviour........there is a big problem. There is no way the US (Trump) is a world leader now...........Trump's US simply does not have it. to do the job properly.

Yer head explodes a few times a day over Trump. Delicious.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
What is the G7 summit and what does it do?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-49434667

Serryah
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Yer head explodes a few times a day over Trump. Delicious.

Anyone with any common sense should be worried over Trump, considering what his position of power is. Considering Trump's erratic behavior (and likely mental issues like possible early onset dementia? Alzheimer's? My mom - a nurse - has thought for a while he shows symptoms of these, plus his narcissistic behavior), the leaders of the allies of the US need to wonder just what he could drag them into. Plus, he's not really a well versed man verbally.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Blackleaf
+1

Why shouldn’t Brazilians burn down trees?

The Western hysteria over the rainforest fires is riddled with colonial arrogance.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/0...rn-down-trees/

Blackleaf
Why are Italy and Canada part of the G7?

And why are China and India not part of it?

Hoid
over 1000 international firefighters were helping out in Alberta

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ires-1.3597807

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
I notice that trudeau wasn't one of them

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

Where did Trudeau have this lack of empathy at? When? Which fires? There's been a lot of them out there lately and I'd like to read up on the responses, so I'd like to know which ones to look for. In all seriousness.
Because if you're right, then this is another 'wrong' he's done to the list of wrong.

The one that burnt down 1/2 of Ft Mac.

Hoid
yes the one where 1000 international firefighters showed up to help out

MHz
+1

One has been part of the elite in politics for 20 years or so, the other less than 1 full term. Why would Boris not win hands down? You are also forgetting that they only read their speeches rather than they also write them.

MHz
+1

The part where the rest of Canada falls flat on it's collective face is when the topic of Government Hospitals was introduced by JT and the Media and both political parties have been dead silent on the topic ever since. SNC is not even debated properly as the Cons are to blame for that law being in need of a change.
Something stinks in Canada and JT is too young to have installed any of it. That it is there means the old ones were the ones to allow that to happen and they also happen to be the ones who complain the loudest about one of the few people in a position to challenge it and then change it. This loco collecive would fight the changes only because it helps others rather than just the loco collective.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
G-7 summit ends with little consensus amid Trump’s mixed messaging on the trade war

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ational&wpmk=1

and of course a few odd bits from trump that came out:

He thinks that hurricanes should be NUKED. ( the chaps in white jackets are no where around

He missed the meet up on climate change.

He is all over the map on his trade war with China.

T
He is promoting HIS property in Miami to be the host of the next G 7 meet up.

The same property that has not been doing all that well.

Conflict of interest is not even a factor for this self centred lunatic.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Trump sings the praises of his resort in Florida as possible G-7 host for 2020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...economy&wpmk=1

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

The Western hysteria over the rainforest fires is riddled with colonial arrogance.

You say that almost like you're not a colonialist.

Danbones
Free Thinker
All you slavers seem have that problem

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
I got a kickmout of Trump saying that he "gave permission" to Macron to let him fly in the Iranian foreign minister. The Hillbillies in Bugtussle 'll eat it up: "May Prezeedent is the leader of the Free world and he runs all the stuff!" Is Macron fuming at Trump's arrogance or are they all pissing themselves laughing at Trump in France, right now?

One thing is for certain. He is totally incompetent at foreign affairs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...nalysis-2019-8