Does Maxime Bernier's PPC stand a chance?

ewall87
http://statswest.com/does-maxime-ber...-a-chance.html

Could the results of this upcoming election be surprising?

White_Unifier
+1
I think he does. Though I fundamentally disagree on many aspects of his immigration plan, I won't deny that his hard positions on free trade, corporate subsidies, and supply-management resonate me. If his local candidate softens the immigration stance somewhat but is just as form as Bernier or more so on free trade, I could see myself suspending my disagreement on the immigration front to support free trade. Immigration could be a fight for another day.

Another candidate I'd consider would be the Libertarian-Party candidate, though at least in my local riding, it usually though not always presents sub-par candidates. We'll see what Bernier Barrier and the others present in my riding.

My Liberal NO seems reasonable for the most part, the COX candidate doesn't share much so I know little about him.

Hoid
Bernier is embracing the hate.

It works for Trump.

pgs
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

It works for Trump.

Please provide evidence of this hate .

Hoid
Please go away

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I think he does. Though I fundamentally disagree on many aspects of his immigration plan, I won't deny that his hard positions on free trade, corporate subsidies, and supply-management resonate me. If his local candidate softens the immigration stance somewhat but is just as form as Bernier or more so on free trade, I could see myself suspending my disagreement on the immigration front to support free trade. Immigration could be a fight for another day.
Another candidate I'd consider would be the Libertarian-Party candidate, though at least in my local riding, it usually though not always presents sub-par candidates. We'll see what Bernier Barrier and the others present in my riding.
My Liberal NO seems reasonable for the most part, the COX candidate doesn't share much so I know little about him.

Dann auto correct. NO = MP

White_Unifier
+1

It works for Trump.

Maybe. But he's still the only one truly committed to a hard break from corporate welfare and protectionism, the only who truly embraces free trade.

Even on the immigration front, though I don't agree with him on all points, I can certainly put that aside for for years while we focus on liberalizing free trade and go back to immigration policy later. Even then though, I get the impression he'd still favour making it easier to get a work visa at least, just harder to get permanent residency, and I do tend to agree with that for the most part, so I'm not totally in disagreement with him on immigration either. Make it easier to come to Canada to work and harder to receive assistance.

pgs
Free Thinker

Please go away

Not going to happen . Why do you make statements with no intention of backing them up ?

Hoid
Yes let's all pretend Bernier isn't a white natty.

Why are you people so ashamed of yourselves?

You should embrace the hate and revel in it.

DaSleeper
+3
#10  Top Rated Post
If you ever loose that white natty stutter of yours you might be taken seriously...
After all this time you are a well known bullshitter......

JamesBondo
+2
If I was in CC's riding, I'd vote the opposite to him so it cancels out his vote.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
I'm voting for the conservatives this year.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

I'm voting for the conservatives this year.

Me to , PPC .

Hoid
me too

pgs
Free Thinker

me too

As well .

spaminator
+2
People's Party calls for end to 'official multiculturalism'
Reuters
Published:
August 9, 2019
Updated:
August 9, 2019 12:35 PM EDT
Maxime Bernier, leader of the People's Party of Canada, speaks during a party event in Fort McMurray, Alta., on July 9, 2019.Vincent McDermott / Fort McMurray Today / Postmedia Network
TORONTO — An upstart Canadian right-wing political party announced on Friday that “ending official multiculturalism and preserving Canadian values and culture” will be part of its platform for the Canadian federal election in October.
The People’s Party of Canada (PPC) was founded in September 2018 by Maxime Bernier after he lost a leadership bid for the Conservative party.
Bernier, 56, has focused on limiting immigration and protecting so-called Canadian values in contrast with the more moderate Conservatives, prompting some pundits to refer to him as Canada’s Donald Trump.
On Friday, the PPC took aim at Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who has championed Canadian multiculturalism since taking office in 2015 and raised the number of immigrants allowed into the country each year to about 1% of the population.
“With his cult of diversity, Justin Trudeau has pushed this ideology even further into a form of extreme multiculturalism,” the PPC said in a statement.
The PPC went on to say that immigrants have a right to maintain their cultural heritage, but their efforts should not be supported by “government programs and taxpayers’ money.”
“The vast majority of Canadians rightly expect them to learn about our history and culture, master one of our official languages, and adopt widely shared Canadian values,” the PPC said.
On Friday, the PPC added that it would repeal Canada’s Multiculturalism Act, which was passed in 1988. The act formalized the government’s commitment to protecting diversity in Canadian society. The PPC also said it would eliminate all funding to promote multiculturalism.
So far the PPC has gained little traction. Bernier’s party is polling at around 1.4% nationally compared with Trudeau’s Liberals at 36.7% and Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives at 30.8%, a Nanos Research poll published on Tuesday showed.
Rather than stand as a threat to the Liberals, the PPC is a bigger problem for Scheer’s party because it could lure votes away from the mainstream right-leaning Conservatives in the Oct. 21 election.
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...lticulturalism

pgs
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Reuters
Published:
August 9, 2019
Updated:
Maxime Bernier, leader of the People's Party of Canada, speaks during a party event in Fort McMurray, Alta., on July 9, 2019.Vincent McDermott / Fort McMurray Today / Postmedia Network
TORONTO — An upstart Canadian right-wing political party announced on Friday that “ending official multiculturalism and preserving Canadian values and culture” will be part of its platform for the Canadian federal election in October.
The People’s Party of Canada (PPC) was founded in September 2018 by Maxime Bernier after he lost a leadership bid for the Conservative party.
Bernier, 56, has focused on limiting immigration and protecting so-called Canadian values in contrast with the more moderate Conservatives, prompting some pundits to refer to him as Canada’s Donald Trump.
On Friday, the PPC took aim at Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who has championed Canadian multiculturalism since taking office in 2015 and raised the number of immigrants allowed into the country each year to about 1% of the population.
“With his cult of diversity, Justin Trudeau has pushed this ideology even further into a form of extreme multiculturalism,” the PPC said in a statement.
The PPC went on to say that immigrants have a right to maintain their cultural heritage, but their efforts should not be supported by “government programs and taxpayers’ money.”
“The vast majority of Canadians rightly expect them to learn about our history and culture, master one of our official languages, and adopt widely shared Canadian values,” the PPC said.
On Friday, the PPC added that it would repeal Canada’s Multiculturalism Act, which was passed in 1988. The act formalized the government’s commitment to protecting diversity in Canadian society. The PPC also said it would eliminate all funding to promote multiculturalism.
So far the PPC has gained little traction. Bernier’s party is polling at around 1.4% nationally compared with Trudeau’s Liberals at 36.7% and Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives at 30.8%, a Nanos Research poll published on Tuesday showed.
Rather than stand as a threat to the Liberals, the PPC is a bigger problem for Scheer’s party because it could lure votes away from the mainstream right-leaning Conservatives in the Oct. 21 election.

It has to happen eventually , now is as good a time as any .

Serryah
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Reuters
Published:
August 9, 2019
Updated:

Oh FFS...

Oh dear Gods, NOT 1%! How HORRIBLE.

Sadly there are some who would take this idiocy as serious.

Hoid
Mr Bernier will do well in Quebec and on the prairies.

Racist hotbeds you know.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

Nope.

I'm not sure that he'll even win his own seat. Probably not.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Nope.

I'm not sure that he'll even win his own seat. Probably not.

Yet his party has the most workable policies . Go figure .

Hoid
most workable?

do tell

pgs
Free Thinker

most workable?

do tell

Check them out . Scrap the useless carbon tax for one .

Hoid
oh yes. that is workable

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

oh yes. that is workable

Very , and supported by most Canadians I might add .

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What is it about his immigration plan that you disagree with? Just curious as I'm in agreement with what I've read about it, unless I've missed something. It's not like he's anti-immigrant, that's for sure!

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Very , and supported by most Canadians I might add .

lol nothing you believe in is supported by most Canadians.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+2

Mr Bernier will do well in Quebec and on the prairies.

Racist hotbeds you know.

You know hoid, you really are a very angry person. You need to cool your jets and relax! The prairies are not a hot bed of racists - cuz you have to be one to recognize one and I don't recognize any that I've ever met!

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Oh FFS...

Oh dear Gods, NOT 1%! How HORRIBLE.

Sadly there are some who would take this idiocy as serious.

Absolutely and why not? Not much alternatives out there so may as well try something new. Liberal and Liberal lite are pretty much the only thing out there. The fact that you think it's "horrible" makes me think that you are not open to new or better ideas or, at the very least not open to look for alternative solutions to very real problems. And that's okay too. Just sayin....

Hoid
white natty wants me to calm down