American Culture of Violence & It's Related Politics


Walter
-2
#1441
US far outspends any other country per student.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#1442
So why are they so ignorant?


American Schools vs. the World: Expensive, Unequal, Bad at Math

What the latest results of an international test tell us about the state of education in the United States
The U.S. education system is mediocre compared to the rest of the world, according to an international ranking of OECD countries.
More than half a million 15-year-olds around the world took the Programme for International Student Assessment in 2012. The test, which is administered every three years and focuses largely on math, but includes minor sections in science and reading, is often used as a snapshot of the global state of education. The results, published today, show the U.S. trailing behind educational powerhouses like Korea and Finland.





More: https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...t-math/281983/
 
Walter
-1
#1443
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

So why are they so ignorant?

More patents in the US than all other countries combined.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
-1
#1444
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

So why are they so ignorant?


American Schools vs. the World: Expensive, Unequal, Bad at Math

More: https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...t-math/281983/

Truth hurts, eh Wally.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#1445
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

the answer is no.

nothing is going to change in america re guns and gun violence.

of course you are right........except that it will probably get worse. Seems each time thy have an incident........the folks buy even more guns to "protect themselves". Not working that well for them is it?? They would rather have "check pints" everywhere than deal with the reality they have created for themselves. The Trump regime has chosen to paralyse themselves by being controlled by the gun lobby. Mass shootings are simply part of the US culture now. US =Flag=Guns/Shootings. That is their "norm"based on decades of self delusion about their "right" to bear arms. (as THEY interpret it.
 
Hoid
#1446
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

More patents in the US than all other countries combined.

lol racist is a fancy dancer
 
Hoid
#1447
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

of course you are right........except that it will probably get worse. Seems each time thy have an incident........the folks buy even more guns to "protect themselves". Not working that well for them is it?? They would rather have "check pints" everywhere than deal with the reality they have created for themselves. The Trump regime has chosen to paralyse themselves by being controlled by the gun lobby. Mass shootings are simply part of the US culture now. US =Flag=Guns/Shootings. That is their "norm"based on decades of self delusion about their "right" to bear arms. (as THEY interpret it.

It has gotten worse right in front of our eyes.

What was unthinkable is now commonplace. Every lunatic in America knows just what to do now, and how to do it.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2
#1448
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Ain't that the truth??
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#1449
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

It has gotten worse right in front of our eyes.

What was unthinkable is now commonplace. Every lunatic in America knows just what to do now, and how to do it.

that certainly captures it...
 
Tecumsehsbones
#1450
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Ain't that the truth??

It is, but the implication that the United States spends more money on war than on education and peace is inaccurate.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
#1451
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

So why are they so ignorant?
American Schools vs. the World: Expensive, Unequal, Bad at Math
What the latest results of an international test tell us about the state of education in the United States
The U.S. education system is mediocre compared to the rest of the world, according to an international ranking of OECD countries.
More than half a million 15-year-olds around the world took the Programme for International Student Assessment in 2012. The test, which is administered every three years and focuses largely on math, but includes minor sections in science and reading, is often used as a snapshot of the global state of education. The results, published today, show the U.S. trailing behind educational powerhouses like Korea and Finland.

More: https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...t-math/281983/

Teachers have foreign controlled Commie unions and in higher education faculties, and they are teaching the kids to be just like YOU Cliffy.

The old common wealth/ american system is great for turning out socks.
Last edited by Danbones; 1 week ago at 06:34 AM..
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#1452
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

It is, but the implication that the United States spends more money on war than on education and peace is inaccurate.

America has never actually been at peace much, so hoe the hell would YOU know?

America Has Been at War 93% of the Time – 222 out of 239 Years – Since 1776
https://www.globalresearch.ca/americ...e-1776/5565946
(I guess the depression and being late for WW1 and WW2 effed you all up for a bit)

You guys make great cannon fodder for the elite though...congrats on that accomplishment. You could have had Manufacturing, but instead you have Jarheadfacturing and grave digging.
Last edited by Danbones; 1 week ago at 06:42 AM..
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#1453
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

More patents in the US than all other countries combined.

Immigration dooood.

24 of the smartest people who ever lived
https://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/top...who-ever-lived

Only ONE "American jew",( LOL Garry Kimovich Kasparov, born Garik Kimovich Weinstein, is a Russian chess grandmaster!!!), otherwise no actual Americans are on that list.
https://www.google.com/url?client=in...6q2Nbx73sezBLH

Also from the above:
15. Hypatia (b.350-70, d. 415) was a Greek astronomer, philosopher and mathematician, who lived in Egypt and later the Eastern Roman Empire. She was the first female mathematician that we know of, with an estimated IQ of 170-190. She was accused of witchcraft and brutally murdered by a group of Christian fanatics.

Why them Woman beating lil chikintards. Same fellas that burned down the Library of Alexandria, and killed the doctor that discovered washing your hands saved lives too I guess.

( I guess the Cherokee didn't get the right share of greek DNA in their profile, or one of them would be on that list too)

BTW: No one in their right mind takes out a patent in China.
Last edited by Danbones; 1 week ago at 07:03 AM..
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#1454
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

US far outspends any other country per student.

Commie unions suckin' up the dough, and what do you get for it?

Homeless welfare recipients and obliterated negative return pensions it looks like.
 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
#1455
The education system in both our countries suck! In the past 20+ years, history has been pretty much deleted from the curriculum, as has the teaching of the 3 R's. Now-a-days, it's pretty much propaganda of how we're destroying the earth (we're not) and how there are more than 2 genders (there are not) and words that are "hurtful" and how we must all have "safe spaces" in case our feelings are hurt. It's disgusting and our kids graduate still knowing absolutely nothing about anything except that they're entitled to their entitlements.


We have a couple of younger ones, who are supposedly "educated" in our office and they can't spell or write for the life of them and they think it's funny when you comment on it. Despite the fact that people have to ask them to interpret what they have written, they make absolutely no effort to improve either skill. It's depressing, that's for sure!


JMHO
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#1456
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

The education system in both our countries suck! In the past 20+ years, history has been pretty much deleted from the curriculum, as has the teaching of the 3 R's. Now-a-days, it's pretty much propaganda of how we're destroying the earth (we're not) and how there are more than 2 genders (there are not) and words that are "hurtful" and how we must all have "safe spaces" in case our feelings are hurt. It's disgusting and our kids graduate still knowing absolutely nothing about anything except that they're entitled to their entitlements.


We have a couple of younger ones, who are supposedly "educated" in our office and they can't spell or write for the life of them and they think it's funny when you comment on it. Despite the fact that people have to ask them to interpret what they have written, they make absolutely no effort to improve either skill. It's depressing, that's for sure!


JMHO

And donít forget this is all happening on stolen aboriginal land .
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#1457
Are American Public Schools Becoming Monster Factories?

Martin Brodel
Published on Sep 11, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9zeJU-_08
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#1458
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

The education system in both our countries suck! In the past 20+ years, history has been pretty much deleted from the curriculum, as has the teaching of the 3 R's. Now-a-days, it's pretty much propaganda of how we're destroying the earth (we're not) and how there are more than 2 genders (there are not) and words that are "hurtful" and how we must all have "safe spaces" in case our feelings are hurt. It's disgusting and our kids graduate still knowing absolutely nothing about anything except that they're entitled to their entitlements.
We have a couple of younger ones, who are supposedly "educated" in our office and they can't spell or write for the life of them and they think it's funny when you comment on it. Despite the fact that people have to ask them to interpret what they have written, they make absolutely no effort to improve either skill. It's depressing, that's for sure!
JMHO

And yet somehow, those schools produced the people who designed, built, and operate the computer you're typing on, the internet that carries your messages, the electricity system that powers it, and so much more.

Not bad for a bunch of semi-literate dummies.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#1459
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And yet somehow, those schools produced the people who designed, built, and operate the computer you're typing on, the internet that carries your messages, the electricity system that powers it, and so much more.


Ummmmm.....

They're not on, here.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#1460
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And yet somehow, those schools produced the people who designed, built, and operate the computer you're typing on, the internet that carries your messages, the electricity system that powers it, and so much more.

Not bad for a bunch of semi-literate dummies.

Not really , online transmission came about in the 1970ís . The current generation are streaming and improving the existing technologies.
 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
#1461
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And yet somehow, those schools produced the people who designed, built, and operate the computer you're typing on, the internet that carries your messages, the electricity system that powers it, and so much more.

Not bad for a bunch of semi-literate dummies.



You're being obtuse!


OBVIOUSLY, there are those who were either home schooled, went to charter schools or private schools where education is of higher importance rather than propaganda. I would suggest that perhaps those who "designed, built & operate" my computer were graduates of those institutions. Some may have even gone to a public school and excelled despite the lack of proper instruction. But you must admit, overall, that the education system sucks and is generally failing our kids.


JMHO
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#1462
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#1463

145 CEOs implore Senate leaders to act on gun violence, saying doing nothing is ��simply unacceptable��


The chief executives of Levi Strauss, Twitter, Reddit, Dick��s Sporting Goods and others urged lawmakers to expand background checks to all firearms sales and implement stronger ��red flag�� laws, marking the latest attempt by corporate America to pressure Congress for meaningful action on gun violence.
��As leaders of some of America��s most respected companies and those with significant business interests in the United States, we are writing to you because we have a responsibility and obligation to stand up for the safety of our employees, customers and all Americans in the communities we serve across the country," the executives wrote. ��Doing nothing about America��s gun violence crisis is simply unacceptable and it is time to stand with the American public on gun safety.��


source WAPO
 
Tecumsehsbones
#1464
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

You're being obtuse!
OBVIOUSLY, there are those who were either home schooled, went to charter schools or private schools where education is of higher importance rather than propaganda. I would suggest that perhaps those who "designed, built & operate" my computer were graduates of those institutions. Some may have even gone to a public school and excelled despite the lack of proper instruction. But you must admit, overall, that the education system sucks and is generally failing our kids.
JMHO

I don't suppose you have the first shred of evidence to back that up?

No, of course not. Certainty is more important than facts.
 
Hoid
+2
#1465
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

US far outspends any other country per student.

Racist lying as usual


 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
#1466
Um... You can sure tell you aren't from a high rollin' place.

% of total and total are two different things.


lol.
 
NZDoug
Free Thinker
-2
#1467
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Racist lying as usual

Good point !👍
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
-1
#1468
 
Walter
+1 / -1
#1469
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Good point !👍

The most recent version for 2018 reports that, in 2015, the United States spent approximately $12,800 per student on elementary and secondary education. That is over 35% more than the OECD country average of $9,500. At the post-secondary level, the United States spent approximately $30,000 per student, which was 93% higher than the average of OECD countries ($16,100).
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...-education.asp

Correct, as always.
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#1470
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

The education system in both our countries suck! In the past 20+ years, history has been pretty much deleted from the curriculum, as has the teaching of the 3 R's. Now-a-days, it's pretty much propaganda of how we're destroying the earth (we're not) and how there are more than 2 genders (there are not) and words that are "hurtful" and how we must all have "safe spaces" in case our feelings are hurt. It's disgusting and our kids graduate still knowing absolutely nothing about anything except that they're entitled to their entitlements.


We have a couple of younger ones, who are supposedly "educated" in our office and they can't spell or write for the life of them and they think it's funny when you comment on it. Despite the fact that people have to ask them to interpret what they have written, they make absolutely no effort to improve either skill. It's depressing, that's for sure!


JMHO


Your "JMHO" is just that, an opinion, thankfully not anywhere near fact.


That being said, I can agree that it's horrible kids are graduating without knowing a lot of basics that should be taught in schools.

Sadly, that's on the parents of the previous and current generation, for forcing teachers to dumb things down or remove things totally because they want babysitters for their kids, NOT educated kids.