It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

My new ford ecosport has a feature that turns off the motor when you come to a full stop and restarts when you release the brake.

Will the money I save on gas pay for the new starter I will eventually need?

Is it worth the money buying the can opener gadget to permanently disable that feature?

I've done the google thing with no definitive answer, so I'm trying to get in the habit of manualy disabling the feature every time I start the car.

Does it actually require the starter each time ? Won’t that make you slow off the start , not good in rush hour stop and go .

taxslave
+1

My new ford ecosport has a feature that turns off the motor when you come to a full stop and restarts when you release the brake.
Is it worth the money buying the can opener gadget to permanently disable that feature?
I've done the google thing with no definitive answer, so I'm trying to get in the habit of manualy disabling the feature every time I start the car.

I would disable that gadget unless you are seriously into virtue signaling and don't mind creating traffic jams when all that computer shit doesn't work as advertized. You can drive quite a distance(or idle) on the fuel used to start an engine. The smart driver just puts the transmission in netural while waiting for lights.
Few years back on a construction site I was moving equipment around the shop yard with a zoomboom. Since I was working alone I had to place my own dunnage. This fat whiney environmental bitch comes along and tells me we have a zero idleing policy and I have to shut the engine off every time I get out. I told her I have an no stupid policy and she should leave.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Does it actually require the starter each time ? Won’t that make you slow off the start , not good in rush hour stop and go .

By the time you move your foot from the brake to the gas pedal it's ready to move....

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I would disable that gadget unless you are seriously into virtue signaling and don't mind creating traffic jams when all that computer shit doesn't work as advertized. You can drive quite a distance(or idle) on the fuel used to start an engine. The smart driver just puts the transmission in netural while waiting for lights.
Few years back on a construction site I was moving equipment around the shop yard with a zoomboom. Since I was working alone I had to place my own dunnage. This fat whiney environmental bitch comes along and tells me we have a zero idleing policy and I have to shut the engine off every time I get out. I told her I have an no stupid policy and she should leave.

I don't doubt that the gas saving (If any) is minimal .....the "can opener" gadget is around 100 bucks and it plugs into the OBD plug-in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOP4spRUH0w

The price is the reason I've got into the habit of press the start button, immediately press the disable button for stop start every time I start the car......
Now to teach my wife to do it every time too

MHz

What number is, 'never stop' on your list?

Hack the speedo so it never registers '0'.

DaSleeper
+1
Take your damn pills ....FOOL!
And quit talking stoopid

NZDoug
Too bad about the Bahamas.
Not good.

spilledthebeer

Its a GOOD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

To bad nobody will discuss the cost of the starter versus gas savings in any sensible way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly my advice to you is to dump the Ford as soon as convenient.....................................

as it is a DUMB FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just think if it has a hiccup and turns off at a BUSY intersection..................................

then does not restart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my case I bought a used vehicle that had fairly low mileage...........................

and minimal bells and whistles......................................

to minimize electrical glitches and gremlins as it ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

The torque converter probably stores some hydraulic pressure. That and direct gas injection means there is instant starts rather than winding the starter endlessly.

Twin_Moose
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

The torque converter probably stores some hydraulic pressure. That and direct gas injection means there is instant starts rather than winding the starter endlessly.

Did you think of this on or off your meds? The beginning of your post is delusional while the end of your post is true

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

CLUELESS TWIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

And you claim to be an engineer????????????????????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the best lunatic at the asylum..............................

at assembling LEGO TOYS............................

DOES NOT make you an engineer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

THE TORQUE converter does it........................

on YOUR LEGO TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or in your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!