Trudeauís pro-choice decree is democratic, not dictatorial

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

Nonsense; Harper will not broach the issue in Parliament. The result is the same as it would be under Mulcair or Trudeau. Do you seriously think Harper is a more democratic choice?

Was there not a Private Members bill on a simliar topic?

Goober
Free Thinker
Mark Warawa's Motion 408 Aimed At Condemning Sex-Selective Abortion
"Recent studies have shown that the practice of aborting females in favour of males is happening in Canada,Ē Warawa said in introducing his bill. ďNinety-two per cent of Canadians believe sex-selective pregnancy termination should be illegal

UPDATED - Warawa will fight for right to vote on sex-selective abortion motion - Inside Politics

NDP believes Sex Selective abortion is discrimination.
Trudeau cannot call Honor Killings Barbaric

Tory MP slams Trudeau on sex-selective abortion | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

"The Liberal leader's refusal to condemn the awful practice of sex-selection abortion puts him far, far outside the mainstream of public opinion," Williamson said in an e-mail Monday. "When aborting girls just because they are girls doesn't cause Justin Trudeau to even question that decision or express any unease it is safe to say he is a pro-abortion fanatic."

Asked how he would counsel a woman seeking an abortion to prevent giving birth to a girl, Trudeau said he'd "leave discussions like that between a woman and the health professionals that she encounters."

His office later sent out a statement that he "doesn't condone" sex-selective abortion, but stopped short of calling for the practice to end in Canada.

NDP justice critic Francoise Boivin went as far as saying that sex-selective abortion "would be discriminatory," but she's fine with a don't-ask-don't-tell policy on that kind of discrimination.

Goober
Free Thinker
Rex Murphy: Justin Trudeau, pro-choice fundamentalist | National Post

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Mark Warawa's Motion 408 Aimed At Condemning Sex-Selective Abortion
"Recent studies have shown that the practice of aborting females in favour of males is happening in Canada,Ē Warawa said in introducing his bill. ďNinety-two per cent of Canadians believe sex-selective pregnancy termination should be illegal

UPDATED - Warawa will fight for right to vote on sex-selective abortion motion - Inside Politics

NDP believes Sex Selective abortion is discrimination.
Trudeau cannot call Honor Killings Barbaric

Tory MP slams Trudeau on sex-selective abortion | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

"The Liberal leader's refusal to condemn the awful practice of sex-selection abortion puts him far, far outside the mainstream of public opinion," Williamson said in an e-mail Monday. "When aborting girls just because they are girls doesn't cause Justin Trudeau to even question that decision or express any unease it is safe to say he is a pro-abortion fanatic."

Asked how he would counsel a woman seeking an abortion to prevent giving birth to a girl, Trudeau said he'd "leave discussions like that between a woman and the health professionals that she encounters."

His office later sent out a statement that he "doesn't condone" sex-selective abortion, but stopped short of calling for the practice to end in Canada.

NDP justice critic Francoise Boivin went as far as saying that sex-selective abortion "would be discriminatory," but she's fine with a don't-ask-don't-tell policy on that kind of discrimination.

Here come the crazies. Lets see how well JTs plan works.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

It's democratic because it's an option that a leader can exercise in our democratic system.

If you don't like that policy then you should direct your attention toward policy reform, not Trudeau.

I belief Adolf Hitler had a similar stance.

Goober
Free Thinker
+3
How in the name of God is a unilateral decision by one, Democratic.
Do not try to blow smoke up my a-ss. I cannot stand Harper nor hairball.
But I see the Apologists lining up, deep and wide to defend this and claim, democracy at work, you can always vote for some other party.
Is that their answer. Appears to be.
The OP in not defensible.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
There's something in the legal system that doesn't add up. Abortions were deemed legal because it was determined until the actual time of birth there was no human being! On the news this morning I heard a guy is being charged with 2 counts of murder, one for the death of a woman and one for the murder of her unborn child. How can someone be charged with murder of something that is not a human. What kind of creature is it and is it's murder as serious an offense as the murder of a human?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

There's something in the legal system that doesn't add up. Abortions were deemed legal because it was determined until the actual time of birth there was no human being! On the news this morning I heard a guy is being charged with 2 counts of murder, one for the death of a woman and one for the murder of her unborn child. How can someone be charged with murder of something that is not a human. What kind of creature is it and is it's murder as serious an offense as the murder of a human?

Liberal logic , it is the womanís choice .

petros
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

How many weeks along was she?

Here is the crux of it all. There are human beings and there are Persons. A human being has no Rights but a Person does. A baby isn't a Person until the birth certificate is filed.

That murder charge on the unborn hinges on whether the mother planned to carry thru term and deliver.

Science and morals(religion) are on the same page that life is life at any stage and not defined by paperwork.

If you ask me, it's f-cked that paperwork and legal status determine who lives and who dies.

As for the thread title...I've shown Trudeau is pro-life in another thread.

The Faith Police may not thinks so but you can't be Catholic and not be pro-life. They are intertwined. If he says otherwise, he's lying.
Last edited by petros; 1 week ago at 10:48 PM..

Hoid
how is this any different than Scheer saying no back benchers will be allowed to bring anti abortion bills forward?

The only difference is that Trudeau never lied about it to get those back benchers to vote him in as leader

Danbones
Free Thinker
link please mr known liar

The baby gets no choice because they say satan likes little babies, and lots of 'em too.

Medium rare to well done if the old stories are true. Failing that, only Planned Parent brand baby parts will do.
Last edited by Danbones; 1 week ago at 11:40 PM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Here is the crux of it all. He's lying.

I was born to be an editor...

...praises be for Spelledit.