Why a no-deal Brexit is now overwhelmingly likely

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

He's not getting rid of them now. He'll just prevent any of his Remainer MPs from standing at the next General Election if they try to scupper No Deal Brexit. And he's quite right to do so. The Tories won the election on a mandate to deliver Brexit.
Of course, Boris will just do the voters' job for them. Even if he doesn't prevent any Remainer Tory MPs from standing at the next election for attempting to thwart No Deal Brexit then their constituents would just kick them out anyway and likely vote in a Brexit Party MP instead. So Boris is trying to ensure there'll still be Tories in those seats after the election rather than Brexit Party MPs.
I can't wait until the next General Election - the looks on the faces of all those Remainer MPs of Leave constituencies (and there are a lot of such MPs, the majority, in fact) when they have just discovered they've been kicked out of office by their constituents will be priceless.

He may not be getting rid of them but it only takes two disaffected ones to vote the other way in the House over say, a Motion of non-Confidence, to get rid of him. Individual MPs can wield a lot of power when a government is just hanging on by a hair. Tough guy Boris looks like Stupid Guy Boris.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It takes all sorts of skill to drive a fork lift!

I doubt they let Blackshirt operate heavy equipment. Think of the liability.

Blackleaf

He may not be getting rid of them but it only takes two disaffected ones to vote the other way in the House over say, a Motion of non-Confidence, to get rid of him. Individual MPs can wield a lot of power when a government is just hanging on by a hair. Tough guy Boris looks like Stupid Guy Boris.

Johnson reiterated just days ago that if there's a vote of no confidence against him he'll just hold an election after Brexit day, which he'll win in a landslide, leaving those Remainer Tory plotters - almost all of whom represent Leave constituencies - and many other Remainer MPs representing Leave constituencies having to take a trip down to their local job centre the day after.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I operate a man-up truck, you eejit, and I've got a forklift licence. I'm hoping to get trained on the flexi trucks soon.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Well, he can tick off the boxes on the inventory sheets, I guess (Computers? What computers?) But if you get that wrong, there's hell to pay!

Curious Cdn
Conservative

I operate a man-up truck, you eejit, and I've got a forklift licence. I'm hoping to get trained on the flexi trucks soon.

Jai reste ma valise!

Blackleaf

Jai reste ma valise!

"Je repose mon cas" would be the more accurate French terminology.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

"Je repose mon cas" would be the more accurate French terminology.

It's pur Montrealais Frenglish.

You wouldn't understand.

Blackleaf

You wouldn't understand.

Yeah, sure it is.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Yeah, sure it is.

Kippers, eh?

Blackleaf
Germany expects a No Deal Brexit and is not prepared to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement, according to leaked details of an internal briefing paper for Angela Merkelís government.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Germany expects a No Deal Brexit and is not prepared to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement, according to leaked details of an internal briefing paper for Angela Merkelís government.

... and why should they?

Blackleaf

... and why should they?

Because it'll hurt their economy.

Germany's already heading for recession as it is.

Tecumsehsbones

You wouldn't understand.

He doesn't understand that Acadien is degraded French.

He also doesn't understand that English is degraded German.

Guess they didn't cover linguistics in the fork-lift driver's course.

Tecumsehsbones

On your employer's head be it.

Serryah
Free Thinker

His head would explode if he heard real Acadian French, or any of the local off-dialects for that matter. Sheiac would drive him nuts.

Serryah
Free Thinker

He's not getting rid of them now. He'll just prevent any of his Remainer MPs from standing at the next General Election if they try to scupper No Deal Brexit. And he's quite right to do so. The Tories won the election on a mandate to deliver Brexit.

Of course, Boris will just do the voters' job for them. Even if he doesn't prevent any Remainer Tory MPs from standing at the next election for attempting to thwart No Deal Brexit then their constituents would just kick them out anyway and likely vote in a Brexit Party MP instead. So Boris is trying to ensure there'll still be Tories in those seats after the election rather than Brexit Party MPs.

I can't wait until the next General Election - the looks on the faces of all those Remainer MPs of Leave constituencies (and there are a lot of such MPs, the majority, in fact) when they have just discovered they've been kicked out of office by their constituents will be priceless.

Wait...

So the MP's were elected - recently even - to represent the people of their district, obviously winning as they're now MP's. But now you're claiming that they don't represent their area... because they don't follow the lead of BoJo?

If they're doing the job elected of them, then sorry Blackie, if BoJo fires them, he'll be setting off an even bigger shitstorm that will likely make the Tory's lose for sure in the next GE.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

It's actually a joke ... a pun ... Forklift drivers don't have tickets for those, either.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

It's actually a joke ... a pun ... Forklift drivers don't have tickets for those, either.

Especially fork-lift drivers whose lives are so bereft of meaning that all they can do to get through the day is dream of the days when their country meant something.

BoreJo's natural prey.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

Especially fork-lift drivers whose lives are so bereft of meaning that all they can do to get through the day is dream of the days when their country meant something.
BoreJo's natural prey.

I'll bet that he works in a tea cup factory.