. . and so it begins, . . . man admitted with massive . . .

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Buddy knows enough to take pictures but not enough to get out>

Notice the date, it was after the inspection rather than before. The damage had already been done as*hat and what part of Chance being out of the place did not compute??

A crack in the drywall is not a big deal in an older house and it is not dangerous to people. A stage 3 mold growth (>100sqft) is a different animal, that should be clear even to a f*cktard such as yourself.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You brain is getting too much humidity, take action now before it goes moldy. Be aware the cure might cause more damage that the humidity but then again you don't use yo.ur brain very much as you clearly show us each and every day.

Frost is from humidity. Mold won't grow where it is dry ya waterhead.

MHz
Just how many turnips are you doing a day?

This part is to show that I understand the dynamics of the place.

In the pic with the drywall still on place it has some of the bare wall being shown. Between the two was the old vinyl wallpaper that was used on the place and through the cold air in the wall cavity the moisture in the air that could enter the wall cavity condensed on the side of the cavity that was closest to the wallpaper and the drywall. The frost melted and the moisture moved towards the warm side and the vinyl prevented it from moving all the way and then evaporating. That moisture came each and every winter and because that opening was not like all the others the moisture returned year after year. All the rest of the exterior wall were sealed so no moisture laden air was there to supply the moisture the mold needed. In the old days the roof started to leak and that was where the moisture came from. In the last year there the roof started to leak and I was waiting to see if it would be fixed before deciding to move as finding a place that allowed pets was a priority back then. it is also one today as Chance left me his dog to take care of.

That vent was supposed to be a cold air return but the box that should have been in the basement that led to the furnace should have been there, it was gone and that also allowed warm air from the basement to rise into that wall cavity where the moisture condensed out of it and the inside of the wall, each and every year for the whole time we were there.

You get all of that, no doubt the steel trap of a mind that gerr has would have gobbled it up like a fat chick on a smartie.

The owner and landlord would have to know mold could have been a cause, surely it should have been inspected by them and the place closed down at that point meaning it should not have even been on the market when Chance and I started looking for a place that allowed pets.

petros
You don't understand that humidity and not venting is the cause of the mold?

Answer this: "what is the purpose of using poly for vapour barrier"?

MHz
I assume it was the way the place was made windproof way back when it was first built. the addition on the back was typical stud wall construction in use today and those walls can get wet but they also allow the water to evaporate again and I had assumed the rest of the house was built the same and the crack was where an old doorway was. Only when the drywall came down did the difference s show up.
Not trying to defend myself but you would have needed x-ray vision to know there was a change in construction methods. Here is a pic of what was left of it when I ripped down a piece of the ceiling in the kitchen. I doubt it was all black when it was installed.

petros
Nooooo. VAPOUR barrier. What is another word for water vapour?

MHz
Straight plastic would have been nice, it doesn't turn into food for mold.
Toxic Black Mold (Stachybotrys)

Where Toxic Black Mold Grows and What Causes It

Toxic black mold grows best in warm conditions and is found in many countries throughout the world. Outdoors, toxic black mold grows in soil and on plant debris. Indoors, toxic black mold needs materials high in cellulose and low in nitrogen to grow on. This means toxic black mold can grow on many common indoor building materials.

When toxic black mold does grow in the home it's usually in a place out of sight. Toxic black mold needs a lot of moisture for a long time before it can begin to grow. This is why it often grows where there has been a water leak hidden from view. Leaks inside walls, above ceilings or under floors are common causes of toxic black mold.

How Long Before Toxic Black Mold Grows

Toxic black mold does not grow as quickly or as easily as most molds. Toxic black mold needs a suitable material to be very wet for at least a week before it can begin to grow.

While most molds take just one or two days to colonize, toxic black mold usually needs eight to twelve days. Once toxic black mold is growing though it usually forces out any other molds growing nearby and takes over its environment.

Toxic Black Mold Mycotoxins

Mycotoxins are carried on the spores of toxic black mold and are also found throughout the entire mold colony. People with toxic black mold in their homes are mostly exposed to mycotoxins through breathing them in. This leads to toxic symptoms and health problems.

Toxic black mold produces trichothecene mycotoxins. These are some of the most toxic and stable mycotoxins. Trichothecene mycotoxins can take several years to break down and can be nearly impossible to remove from homes.

Mycotoxins has general information on mycotoxins produced by different species of toxic molds.
Trichothecene Mycotoxins has information on the family of mycotoxins produced by Stachybotrys.
Toxic Black Mold Spores and Mycotoxins talks specifically about the spores and mycotoxins which Stachybotrys produces.

petros
Shithead. What stopped you from getting spray foam to fill the crack, use kilz (KILZ® Primers, Specialty Paints & Concrete Stains) and vent the vapour?

gerryh

Not trying to defend myself but you would have needed x-ray vision to know there was a change in construction methods. Here is a pic of what was left of it when I ripped down a piece of the ceiling in the kitchen. I doubt it was all black when it was installed.

So, YOU would have needed xray vision to see, but the landlord didn't? Or did he have xray vision?

In the pic with the drywall still on place it has some of the bare wall being shown. Between the two was the old vinyl wallpaper that was used on the place and through the cold air in the wall cavity the moisture in the air that could enter the wall cavity condensed on the side of the cavity that was closest to the wallpaper and the drywall. The frost melted and the moisture moved towards the warm side and the vinyl prevented it from moving all the way and then evaporating. That moisture came each and every winter and because that opening was not like all the others the moisture returned year after year. All the rest of the exterior wall were sealed so no moisture laden air was there to supply the moisture the mold needed. In the old days the roof started to leak and that was where the moisture came from. In the last year there the roof started to leak and I was waiting to see if it would be fixed before deciding to move as finding a place that allowed pets was a priority back then. it is also one today as Chance left me his dog to take care of.

That vent was supposed to be a cold air return but the box that should have been in the basement that led to the furnace should have been there, it was gone and that also allowed warm air from the basement to rise into that wall cavity where the moisture condensed out of it and the inside of the wall, each and every year for the whole time we were there.

You get all of that, no doubt the steel trap of a mind that gerr has would have gobbled it up like a fat chick on a smartie.

The owner and landlord would have to know mold could have been a cause, surely it should have been inspected by them and the place closed down at that point meaning it should not have even been on the market when Chance and I started looking for a place that allowed pets.

So, where exactly did the moisture come from? Just want to make sure I have this right.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

So, where exactly did the moisture come from? Just want to make sure I have this right.

Cooking Ramen noodles. 90 meals a month of ichiban.

DaSleeper

S0, where exactly did the moisture come from? Just want to make sure I have this right.

Maybe from him or the kid or someone else taking looong steamy hot showers?

petros
Growing dope.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Maybe from him or the kid or someone else taking looong steamy hot showers?

Or, humidifier turned up WAY too high, year in and year out.

petros
All he had to do was spend $40 on spray foam and kilz.

MHz

So, YOU would have needed xray vision to see, but the landlord didn't? Or did he have xray vision?

The landlord was the one that did the repairs for the earlier problem with the mold so he would have been the one to put up the drywall in the whole house. Would you like his affidavit that states the house did have a history but repairs were made so the people he rented it to were only subjected to 'safe levelsof black mold'.

All air contains some moisture. the air in the livingroom was at 70F and when it was in the wall it dropped to something close toi the outside temp and that colder air had to lose some moisture so it did it as frost on the inside of that cavity that was vented to the warm basement air and the warm air from the livingroom.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

All he had to do was spend $40 on spray foam and kilz.

All I had to do is not rent from those f*cking slumlords. You are right, if that one section had no vent to the warm air the mold would not have been there until the roof started to leak as it did the first time mold was in the house from hell.
The question should be asked of the owner rather than the renter BTW.

gerryh
and, of course, you never noticed the VERY cold draft in that area.

MHz
The cold air would have gone straight to the basement. This reality stuff is way too difficult isn't it.

Same letter as viewed from the living room and the basement. You do know that warm air rises right?

gerryh

The cold air would have gone straight to the basement. This reality stuff is way too difficult isn't it.

Same letter as viewed from the living room and the basement. You do know that warm air rises right?

This is just like the holocaust and the moon landing.

MHz
Feel free to quit stopping by anytime since you lost every point you tried to bring up.

gerryh

Feel free to quit stopping by anytime since you lost every point you tried to bring up.

I haven't lost anything. You are full of shit about this whole thing. It is ALL lies. There's been no poisoning from sewer gases, and no poisoning from black mold......... unless it was on purpose, by your hand.

DaSleeper
This song comes to mind when Megahurtz posts his story.....

[youtube]HerhXS-DA7Y[/youtube]

MHz
That is the same song that you haven't been able to stop singing for the last 20 years. This is the last song I listened too.
[youtube]mkH79huZkd0[/youtube]

This where you have to go to to find the truth. Not exactly a slap in the face considering it could have been included in the school program.

https://crunchybetty.com/getting-to-...t-safe-or-not/

I haven't lost anything. You are full of shit about this whole thing. It is ALL lies. There's been no poisoning from sewer gases, and no poisoning from black mold......... unless it was on purpose, by your hand.

No Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock intro musik?? Me thinking it up would make me devious,you thinking it up just shows how much more sicker of a person you are rather than he ever was. He had style, something you only know how to do badly at.

[youtube]OhEHB0a7Uyg[/youtube]

petros
He has hair like Tin Tin.

gerryh

And talk about cool. Did ya see the cigarette hanging off his ear? But it was Sewer gas and black Mold that killed him. The cigarettes and drugs had nothing to do with it.

MHz
Thanks for the intel there gerr. How many of your relatives died from smoking at the ripe old age of 28? (to verify such a thing could happen) At least he waited till he was 18 to even try one, I kind of see you as not waiting meaning legal or not you would have had a smoke long before you were 18.

You should be able to fill in the blanks for this cheap, readily available product or at least help the people avoid quack products like this. You have to love the way they admit to forcing animals to eat huge amounts in an attempt to make them ill. That the people you back gerr??

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
The Borax Conspiracy
How the Arthritis Cure has been stopped
Walter Last
You may not be able to imagine that borax, this humble insecticide and laundry detergent, has the potential of singlehandedly bringing down our entire economic system. But you do not need to worry, the danger has been recognised and the necessary steps are already being taken to defuse the situation. I will start with the basics and you will understand what I mean as the story unfolds.
Borax is a naturally occurring mineral commonly mined from dried salt lakes, and is the source of other manufactured boron compounds. The main deposits are in California and Turkey. Chemical names are sodium tetraborate decahydrate, disodium tetraborate decahydrate, or simply sodium borate. This means it contains four atoms of boron as its central feature combined with two sodium atoms and ten molecules (or sometimes less) of crystallisation water - decahydrate means 10 water molecules, pentahydrate 5, and anhydrate or anhydrous borax means no crystallisation water; chemically it is all the same.
Borax is commonly sold as technical or agricultural grade with 99 to 99.5% minimum purity. Potential impurities consist of sodium, potassium, calcium, chloride, bicarbonate, carbonate, sulphate and phosphate but not toxic or heavy metals. This grade includes the borax commonly used as household cleaner. Pharmaceutical grade is not noticeably purer or better.
Borax is the sodium salt of the weak boric acid. Because sodium is more strongly alkaline, this makes a solution of borax strongly alkaline with a pH between 9 and 10 (pH 7 is neutral). When ingested, it reacts with hydrochloric acid in the stomach to form boric acid and sodium chloride. The boron content of Borax is 11.3% while for boric acid it is 17.5% or about 50% higher. Ingested boron compounds are rapidly and nearly completely excreted with the urine. Formerly boric acid was widely used as a preservative in foods but is now banned for this purpose in most countries, and is also banned from public sale in Australia.
According to conventional medicine it is not known if boron is essential for humans but research shows that we do need it. The reason why it was difficult to answer this question is the presence of boron in all plants and unprocessed foods. Diets with a fair amount of fruit and vegetables provide about 2 to 5 mg of boron per day, but this also depends on the region where the food was grown and how it was grown.
In reality the average intake in developed countries is 1-2 mg of boron per day. Institutionalized patients may receive only 0.25 mg of daily boron. Chemical fertilizers inhibit the uptake of boron from the soil: an organic apple grown in good soil may have 20 mg boron, but if grown with fertilizer it may have only 1 mg of boron. Fertilizers combined with poor food choices have greatly reduced our boron intake compared to 50 or 100 years ago.
Further, unhealthy cooking methods greatly reduce the availability of boron from food. The cooking water of vegetables containing most of the minerals may be discarded during home cooking or commercial processing; phytic acid in baked goods, cereals and cooked legumes may greatly reduce availability, while gluten sensitivity and Candida overgrowth inhibit the absorption of minerals. All this makes health problems due to boron deficiency now very common.
Health Effects of Boron
Due to their content of boron, borax and boric acid have basically the same health effects, with good antiseptic, antifungal, and antiviral properties but only mild antibacterial action. In plants as well as animals boron is essential for the integrity and function of cell walls, and the way signals are transmitted across membranes.
Boron is distributed throughout the body with the highest concentration in the parathyroid glands, followed by bones and dental enamel. It is essential for healthy bone and joint function, regulating the absorption and metabolism of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus through its influence on the parathyroid glands. With this boron is for the parathyroids what iodine is for the thyroid.
Boron deficiency causes the parathyroids to become overactive, releasing too much parathyroid hormone which raises the blood level of calcium by releasing calcium from bones and teeth. This then leads to osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis, osteoporosis and tooth decay. With advancing age high blood levels of calcium lead to calcification of soft tissues causing muscle contractions and stiffness; calcification of endocrine glands, especially the pineal gland and the ovaries; arteriosclerosis, kidney stones, and calcification of the kidneys ultimately leading to kidney failure. Boron deficiency combined with magnesium deficiency is especially damaging to the bones and teeth.
Boron affects the metabolism of steroid hormones, and especially of sex hormones. It increases low testosterone levels in men and oestrogen levels in menopausal women. It also has a role in converting vitamin D to its active form, thus increasing calcium uptake and deposition into bone and teeth rather than causing soft tissue to calcify. Also other beneficial effects have been reported such as improvement of heart problems, vision, psoriasis, balance, memory and cognition.
The German cancer researcher Dr Paul-Gerhard Seeger has shown that cancer commonly starts with the deterioration of cell membranes. As boron is essential for cell membranes and boron deficiency widespread, this may be an important cause for the initiation of tumour growth. Boron compounds have anti-tumour properties and are "potent anti-osteoporotic, anti-inflammatory, hypolipemic, anti-coagulant and anti-neoplastic agents" (1).
This overview shows the wide-ranging influence of boron on our health. In the following I want to describe some of these health effects in greater detail.

He cut his own hair, something wrong with that?? I'm a better person for having known him', you and gerr would seem to prefer the company of slumlords and the like. Run along and go play with them or have they shunned you already?

MHz
I guess we know who is leading who now.
[youtube]1UmBLBwDdtw[/youtube] repeat as needed

MHz
Borax, boron, deficiency, natural home remedy
Borax toxicity

We only need very small quantities of boron for good health and to prevent diseases such as arthritis. In large quantities it has adverse effects, the same as any other compound.
Borax and boric acid have very low toxicity. Borax's LD50 (median lethal dose) score is 2.66 g/kg in rats, and boric acid is similar. (11) To put it in perspective, table salt is only slightly less toxic with an LD50 of 3.75 g/kg in rats according to the Merck Index.
Here is a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for borax and for table salt (21), obtained from the same company. Compare the Toxicological Information and Health Hazard Data on the two sheets. You will see that table salt (sodium chloride) is 50-100% more toxic than borax! You will also see that the references they use to imply that borax has effects on fertility require absurdly high doses, and at those doses the studies are still not conclusive.
It is likely that toxicity symptoms will develop only after taking several grams (thousand mg) per day for several months. Signs of boron toxicity are diarrhoea, lethargy, nausea and vomiting. Eventually, also dermatitis and liver damage. Excess boron can worsen or trigger conditions like ADHD, allergies, asthma, autism, cystic fibrosis, dyslexia, liver and oesophageal cancer. Excessively high doses of boron tend to increase the blood levels of calcium and oestrogen, lower blood glucose, vitamin B6 and zinc.

So the medical community discredits borax through a bunch of crooked tests and then when the get caught nothing happens and things go on the same as if the studies were true.
It is still against the law to take advantage of people who prey on stupid people.The fact that their stupidity comes from lies fostered by said medical industry points to them being a danger to the general public rather than being there to do only good. ('Do no harm' oath crock of shit pledge)

MHz
All in all I don't see this as an envious way to die, at 28 or at 68.

Respiratory Symptoms

With regards to fungal pneumonia, the following signs and symptoms may be present.
  • Fever which may be persistent. The fever may not always be due to fungal pneumonia particularly in people who are immune compromised.
  • Cough which is usually dry although mucus (sometimes blood stained) may be seen in a productive cough that can develop later.
  • Chest pain which may initially start as discomfort particularly when inhaling.
  • Shortness of breath during exertion which worsens with time to eventually become difficulty breathing even at rest.
  • Coughing up blood usually presenting as blood-streaked mucus may occur with some types of pneumonia.
  • Wheezing and often rapid breathing (tachypnea) arise as the condition progresses.
Disseminated Disease

In people who are immune compromised the infection can spread beyond the respiratory system. This is known as disseminated disease. It may even spread throughout most of the body (systemic). As a result there may be other signs and symptoms depending on the organ that is affected. These symptoms that lie outside of the respiratory system are known as extrapulmonary symptoms. Some of the organs that may be affected includes:
  • Joints – joint pain or swelling
  • Skin – skin rashes and nodules.
  • Brain and meninges – headaches, sensitivity to light and neck pain.
The kidneys, liver, spleen, muscles and eyes may also be affected as well as the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses.
Treatment of Fungal Pneumonia

Although antifungal medication is very effective in treating fungal pneumonia, the mortality rate is quite high in some instances. This is largely due to the delay in seeking medical treatment and the fact that people who develop fungal pneumonia are often immune compromised. Therefore it is imperative to treat the underlying condition that is contributing to the immune deficiency, although this may not always be possible.
Antifungal Drugs

• Amphotericin B is the mainstay of treatment, particularly in acutely ill patients.
  • Voriconazole and other azoles are preferred over amphotericin B these days especially for aspergillosis.
  • Echinocandins like anidulafungin, caspofungin and micafungin are used for Candida infections.
The choice of antifungal depends on a number of factors. For example fluconazole may be used for Candida infections and amphotericin B may also be used if fluconazole or echinocandins cannot be used for any reason.

Is anything the Government is involved in above board because it sure doesn't look that way??

petros
And to think he could have been saved by a $8 can spray foam and a small $40 bathroom fan.

MHz
Chance's path to an early grave could have been averted several ways if hindsight was ever a valid option. He should have never been exposed in the first place so perhaps the 'industry' can update their logs as far as what a 'safe exposure level'. The lack of treatment after being notified is more a hazard than straight ignorance as it is covering up something that should be getting more attention rather than less. Had he been a doctor's son or a lawyers son the last 4 years would have been 'different'. How involved that is in Chance's case can be debated as his mom was getting counseling with social services through a group thing that was also recorded to be used as a teaching aid. Those vids would still be available and add in the notes made behind the scene it would be pretty easy to tell if were were being experimented on by being given 'bad advice' on some issues and zero advice on some issues that should have been part of a 3 year program. One way just makes you inept and you should take a less important position in society, the other possibility puts you in the role of a crazy scientist who should have his friends and family also rounded up in the 'just in case' paranoia that follows anytime you find out somebody you know is part of the problem rather than the solution.

The article mentions a few cures that are new to me and if it follows the normal pattern it is very expensive and not available to everybody or it is harsher on the body than the infection and the treatment is the same as doubling the infection as far as what the body has to do to combat both conditions. (meaning the treatment has to be earlier rather than later, earlier being some place in the 14 years prior to the mold being discovered )

The alternative would be to find a cheap one that can be given even in the late stages of the infection. If one is found and the medical community finds fault with it so it doesn't get used is that not a criminal act, no matter how long it has been going on and found to be acceptable by the ones that do not get experimented on.

This type of pneumonia can be prevented easily through education and some cheap cleaning methods that kill the fungi before they can cause an infection. The slow suffocation that come with that also has the body go through physical and mental changes. Not all are unique to this type of infection so the cure for this infection could be used on other infections with the same success ratio and that is a very big deal for the big picture.
A Study of Early Fluconazole Treatment for Coccidiodomycosis Pneumonia - Mayo Clinic

Baffin Correctional Center should have their medical files checked for symptoms that mirror this type of infection because the treatment time is longer than the normal 10 day period that antibiotics are given for. (if lots of hard data is needed to convince you, don't blame the data if that isn't possible)

Was that your whole summation or are you a tad slow and are doing it one post at a time?