8 white cops, 1 black homeless man, 46 bullets

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

those penknives are deadly

Actually, they are. Because they are hard to remove from the assailants possession.

Walter
+1
Ferguson verdict isn't coming out soon enuf fer the ACLU. Gotta get the vote out.

El Barto
+1
A video has surfaced showing a homeless man being shot dead by eight police officers as he held a small penknife. 46 bullets were fired.

Totally untrue
The first bullet killed him the other 41 were basically getting rid of old ammo.
Annual budget thing

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

But he was a pillar of the community.

And police aren't social workers, nor should they be.

People holding weapons and refusing a lawful order, are legitimate targets.

I agree, I would have dropped him with three rounds, max.

Does there need to be an explanation?

Other then the waste of overtime pay.

The police are for the safety of all, aren't they?

Does there need to be an explanation? No, I'm just curious to know.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Kris Kristofferson-Law is for the protection of the People - YouTube

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Yep, including themselves.

Every cop I know, lives by "I'm going home tonight".

Quote:

Armed man refuses to drop weapon, arm man is now a lawful target.

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Yep, including themselves.

Every cop I know, lives by "I'm going home tonight".

Armed man refuses to drop weapon, arm man is now a lawful target.

Yes, I get that they need to protect themselves.

Why waste 8 officers time for 1 homeless man though?

captain morgan

How 'safe' would you feel if this man with a knife was walking towards you on the street?

Subtly cross the street and not make eye contact or approach him directly and assess his mental health?

Would this any different if it was 1 officer, 1 shot and the man still dead?

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Would this any different if it was 1 officer, 1 shot and the man still dead?

Who would believe his story?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

this video has been around for a couple of years but re-released by the ACLU for perhaps some maximum trolling.

annnyway

After the shooting, all of the SPD officers at the scene wrote reports. In these reports, the officers who discharged their weapons explained that they did so because they believed Hall posed an imminent threat to the officers’ safety.

A fter a careful review of all of the evidence, experienced prosecutors from the Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan have determined that t he evidence in this case is insufficient to prove , beyond a reasonable doubt, that the SPD officers willfully shot Hall for an unlawful purpose, rather than for their stated purpose of preventing Hall from harming SPD staff. Even if the officers were mistaken in their assessment of the threat posed by Hall, this would not establish that the officers acted willfully, or with an unlawful intent, when using deadly force against Hall. Accordingly , this tragic event does not present sufficient evidence of willful misconduct to give rise to a federal criminal prosecution of the police officers involved.

Justice Department Announces Results of Investigation into the Death of Milton Hall | OPA | Department of Justice

How many Officers in the States have been charged and convicted of such an offense.
Not just charged, but convicted.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

How many Officers in the States have been charged and convicted of such an offense.
Not just charged, but convicted.

Happens all the time.
Category:American police officers convicted of murder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Happens all the time.
Category:American police officers convicted of murder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13 does not equate to all the time.
How many officer related killings - shooting in a year or 10?

Zipperfish
+2
There's just too many cops period. I mean, if you can get eight guys out to some disturbance like this. Then there was the Tornto one--there had to be like fifty cops out for that one.

CDNBear
+1

Yes, I get that they need to protect themselves.

Good, a lot of people forget that in the fervour to jump to conclusions.

Quote:

Probably because a call went out and multiple cars from the area responded.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

There's just too many cops period.

There's never a cop around when you need one.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm sorry, that was abusive of me.

BaalsTears
+1
Why are all these black folks committing suicide?

Praxius
+4
Funny that the thread title says "8 White Cops" when I'm pretty sure I saw at least 3 Black Cops there too. One on the right, one on the left and I think one in the distance..... but I suppose once you put on a police uniform you automatically become a white guy.
Last edited by Praxius; Oct 30th, 2014 at 06:29 PM..

Goober
Ya missed the Asian guy.

Praxius
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Ya missed the Asian guy.

Yeah he's a crazy azz'd cracka too.

shadowshiv
+2

Hunters will shoot over the head of a bear in charge, can't officers? scare the individual maybe?

And then the bullet continues on and hits a bystander? And shooting a bullet straight up won't be any better, as it has to land somewhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Not a great idea, Twila. Bullets have a bad habit of keeping on going after they miss their target. Probably no threat in a grizzly bear environment, but not so good in a city.

Crap. I didn't read far enough ahead to realize you had already posted this information.

those penknives are deadly

what a tragedy

A boxcutter brought down a plane. Anything with a blade can be lethal in the wrong hands.

Blackleaf
+1
At least one of those cops is black, not that their skin colour matters (the only people pointing out their skin colour are the racists)

Sal
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

A boxcutter brought down a plane. Anything with a blade can be lethal in the wrong hands.

agreed, and eight cops couldn't take it away from him. Maybe some training could help.

I have seen small unarmed social workers handle worse. I have handled worse. It disgusts me.

Blackleaf

agreed, and eight cops couldn't take it away from him. Maybe some training could help.

I have seen small unarmed social workers handle worse. I have handled worse. It disgusts me.

I have pointed out before the American capacity for overkill. It took half a dozen US warships, including around two aircraft carriers, to rescue a Yank merchant navy captain held hostage by a few kids in a dinghy.

Once Yanks get their hands on guns they just go overboard.

Sal
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I have pointed out before the American capacity for overkill. It took half a dozen US warships, including around two aircraft carriers, to rescue a Yank merchant navy captain held hostage by a few kids in a dinghy.

I still find it astounding that they killed him and I read this days ago...that they raised their guns and just blew him away due to a pen knife is almost beyond my comprehension. I don't know if it's a mentality of bravado or if it is just p*ss poor training and thus they couldn't engage their brain enough to problem solve or a combo.

There is also an article around here on the forum we discussed earlier regarding cops and I.Q. Apparently in many states, they don't like to hire anyone with an above average I.Q. because they do not have a history of longevity in the job and therefore it is too expensive to train them. Pfft, if I was working with clown cowboys like this I could full well understand why anyone with a few brain cells wouldn't stay long.

How could they even live with themselves after. Eight big fat cops. likely with vests on surround a homeless guy with a penknife and just gun him down.

It's disgusting.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

It took two frigates, U.S.S. Bainbridge and U.S.S. Halyburton.

Quote:

Once a Brit village idiot gets his teeth into a lie, he just goes overboard.

No, I take that back. Too harsh. Calling it a "lie" implies that Blackleaf has the intelligence and grip on reality to understand the facts and choose to say something different. We have ample evidence that he has neither.

I still find it astounding that they killed him and I read this days ago...that they raised their guns and just blew him away due to a pen knife is almost beyond my comprehension. I don't know if it's a mentality of bravado or if it is just p*ss poor training and thus they couldn't engage their brain enough to problem solve or a combo.

There is also an article around here on the forum we discussed earlier regarding cops and I.Q. Apparently in many states, they don't like to hire anyone with an above average I.Q. because they do not have a history of longevity in the job and therefore it is too expensive to train them. Pfft, if I was working with clown cowboys like this I could full well understand why anyone with a few brain cells wouldn't stay long.

How could they even live with themselves after. Eight big fat cops. likely with vests on surround a homeless guy with a penknife and just gun him down.

It's disgusting.

It's his own fault.

Blackleaf

It took two frigates, U.S.S. Bainbridge and U.S.S. Halyburton.

Oh, that's alright then. Two warships against four kids in a dinghy. I apologise profusely for saying it was another typical case of American overkill

Tecumsehsbones

Oh, that's alright then. Two warships against four kids in a dinghy. I apologise profusely for saying it was another typical case of American overkill

That's OK. We're aware that your limited intelligence and grasp of reality makes your lies not entirely your responsibility.

Blackleaf

That's OK. We're aware that your limited intelligence and grasp of reality makes your lies not entirely your responsibility.

As a Yank, I bet you've got a whole armoury of sub-machine guns, bazookas and RPGs in your home just in case you ever have a rodent problem.

Tecumsehsbones

As a Yank, I bet you've got a whole armoury of sub-machine guns, bazookas and RPGs in your home just in case you ever have a rodent problem.

Nope, just two automatic rifles, one Thompson, three shotguns, four rifles (including a beautiful British 1916 Lee-Enfield .303), and. . . umm. . . seven pistols.

For personal defence.

Sal

Nope, just two automatic rifles, one Thompson, three shotguns, four rifles (including a beautiful British 1916 Lee-Enfield .303), and. . . umm. . . seven pistols.

For personal defence.

so which one would you use against the penknife

55Mercury

For personal defence.

is that because you keep your friends close and your enemies closer?