Itís Official. Trump Just Withdrew the U.S. From the Paris Climate Agreement.

Musky
So you are dodging.

...be vague.

cowards do that.

petros
The new results show that climate change is, as usual, more complicated than we expected: long, millennial natural cooling trends were punctuated by warming episodes that turned out to be more local than we thought,"

Get it yet?

Musky
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The new results show that climate change is, as usual, more complicated than we expected: long, millennial natural cooling trends were punctuated by warming episodes that turned out to be more local than we thought,"

So it's not warming, just like you said.

We agree then.

...but then you say this...

It's warming.

petros
Short term warming in a long term cooling trend.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Beats the living shyte out of burying your head up your arzehole and doing nought.

Really?

So, knowing that nothing will get done and paying millions to send all kinds of flunkies to Paris for a gvt sponsored vacation is your idea fo time and money well spent?

Murphy
Conservative
+1
Whatever happened to global warming, eh?

[youtube]D4Z0S9yRTyw[/youtube]

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Really?

So, knowing that nothing will get done and paying millions to send all kinds of flunkies to Paris for a gvt sponsored vacation is your idea fo time and money well spent?

BC has been collecting a carbon tax for what, 6 years now?

Could someone please point out just one instance showing that money has gone towards a project that reduces emissions?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Could someone please point out just one instance showing that money has gone towards a project that reduces emissions?

I think it's closer to ten, Pete. It started when I was in Grand Forks and that will be 8 years ago in August. With enough money the mucky mucks can drink themselves into a stupor so they don't notice it.

Murphy
Conservative
+1
Is there anything that exists, showing what the BC govt has done with the carbon tax?

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Is there anything that exists, showing what the BC govt has done with the carbon tax?

Goes into general revenue. Supposedly offset by lowering of other taxes. Which is us less when you live outside the small part of the province that has public transit and NG.

Murphy
Conservative
+1
I see. So BC taxpayers don't really have a way to see what the taxes are actually doing. Over time, taxpayers forget and accept what the govt tells them. Auditors must have a way to check this.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Ok, Trumps out who gives a bleep. Since were still in the Agreement now whats going on, moving forward?

Media give it up about Trump.

He doesn't deserve the front page, EVERY SINGLE DAY
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by JLM; Jun 4th, 2017 at 01:13 AM..

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

So, somehow the US pulling out of a pretend, non-enforceable agreement has anything to do with global geo-politics?

Sounds to me that those participants that remain are nothing more than a collection of foolish cheerleaders that do nothing more than make @sses of themselves

Nothing pretend about it. The Paris Accord was all about providing leadership in dealing with GW. The US has now given up that leadership, at least politically. However, as I have mentioned in other posts it really doesn't matter as private interests along with various US state and municipal governments are proceeding with green energy programs, ignoring the wishes of their own president.

Blackleaf
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Obviously you do not understand the Paris Accord. Everything in it was voluntary. The US did not have to pull out of it to ignore it. However, by doing so, the US has surrendered world leadership in one more area.

America was right to pull out of it. And by doing so, Trump has just honoured one of the pledges for which the American people voted for him. That's democracy for you.

pgs
Free Thinker

Well it cost the school boards and health regions lots of money , and good corporate citizens like West Fraser and Tech Corp . are getting carbon credits for reclaiming land that they were bound by law to reclaim .

Nothing pretend about it. The Paris Accord was all about providing leadership in dealing with GW. The US has now given up that leadership, at least politically. However, as I have mentioned in other posts it really doesn't matter as private interests along with various US state and municipal governments are proceeding with green energy programs, ignoring the wishes of their own president.

So it was an agreement to cut carbon consumption but it wasn't really binding , the biggest polluters get a pass , but it is really just about leadership . OK . Why the need for a fancy Parisian vacation if it was only about leadership ?

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2

Ironically, it is Trump that is demonstrating leadership via not simply being one of the mindless simpering sheep that goes along with a program which has been fraught with graft and corruption for so many years.

In terms of the private interests, I don't blame them one bit considering that there are billions in direct gvt subsidies easy for the taking.

.... think Solyndra

Danbones
Free Thinker
+3

So jumping down a toilet when there is NO fire because everyone else is,

that's leadership?

"The idea of taxing carbon isn’t new. Bill Clinton and Al Gore tried to pass a BTU tax in 1993. Its defeat helped usher in a Republican-controlled Congress for the first time in nearly 40 years. In 2009, Barack Obama proposed a cap-and-trade plan that was rejected by a Democratic-controlled Congress. The Democrats ended up losing the House in 2010. More recently, Hillary Clinton’s campaign policy team was reportedly considering a carbon tax."
Carbon Tax Kills Jobs, Raises Energy Prices | National Review

I guess he just isn't stupid

Like the other LOSERS who fell for this brain dead woojoo boogie man stuff

JLM
No Party Affiliation
The way I look at it is if Trudeau is strongly in favour of something that sets off alarm bells with me and is a definite signal to give it a second, third and fourth thorough examination!

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's all I see on TV about Trump. Relugate him to the 2nd or 3rd page of the new paper... So annoying

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Ironically, it is Trump that is demonstrating leadership via not simply being one of the mindless simpering sheep that goes along with a program which has been fraught with graft and corruption for so many years.

In terms of the private interests, I don't blame them one bit considering that there are billions in direct gvt subsidies easy for the taking.

.... think Solyndra

Yeah - like no other energy business gets subsidies. Think oil and coal.

As for leadership, all I've noticed out of the Dumpster is the sort of leadership provided by a playground bully.

https://www.desmogblog.com/2016/11/2...coal-subsidies

https://www.desmog.ca/2015/11/12/can...-does-money-go

Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

So jumping down a toilet when there is NO fire because everyone else is,

that's leadership?

"The idea of taxing carbon isnít new. Bill Clinton and Al Gore tried to pass a BTU tax in 1993. Its defeat helped usher in a Republican-controlled Congress for the first time in nearly 40 years. In 2009, Barack Obama proposed a cap-and-trade plan that was rejected by a Democratic-controlled Congress. The Democrats ended up losing the House in 2010. More recently, Hillary Clintonís campaign policy team was reportedly considering a carbon tax."
Carbon Tax Kills Jobs, Raises Energy Prices | National Review

I guess he just isn't stupid

Like the other LOSERS who fell for this brain dead woojoo boogie man stuff

And nothing in your post contradicts my position that oil and coal are on the way out.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2

Yeah - like no other energy business gets subsidies. Think oil and coal.

Can't remember the last time that the Cdn Feds deposited $500 million in one company's corporate bank account (think Solyndra)... Then again, there is Bombardier but last I checked, they weren't mining coal or producing oil

As for leadership, all I've noticed out of the Dumpster is the sort of leadership provided by a playground bully.

You poor wee lamb... You ought to demand that tater tot provide a special safe place for snowflakes on the interwebs.

https://www.desmogblog.com/2016/11/2...coal-subsidies

https://www.desmog.ca/2015/11/12/can...-does-money-go

Great, an ecotard lobbyist website that attempts (quite successfully with you) to interchange tax breaks with cash subsidies.

... Works on the weak minded I suppose (no offence)

And nothing in your post contradicts my position that oil and coal are on the way out.

The question is when. Even tater tot referenced decades or in 50 years.

EagleSmack

So it wasn't about lowering the earth's temperature?

I doubt those states and cities are going to give a portion of their budgets to some climate fund.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1
Well, those States and cities will allocate a few dollars into advertising that someone else should do something about it.

EagleSmack

Well, those States and cities will allocate a few dollars into advertising that someone else should do something about it.

Or they need more money from the Feds to help battle climate change.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Or they need more money from the Feds to help battle climate change.

What they do in BC is simply add on a new eco-tax to raise as much cash as they need.

The tards absolutely love it.. You can tell by the number of ecotards by the proud conversations they have over saving Gaia whilst enjoy a latte at Starbucks

petros
7% PST and a carbon tax on $1.33L gasoline is how they make money.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Heard a news item a couple of weeks ago that the Greens and/or NDP wanted to help float a muni tax in YVR that sought to apply a 12% property tax on homes in the Lower mainland valued over $3 million.

Unbelievable

petros
The $3M homes are owned by old people who have been there all their lives.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Looks like the resale value will be hitting the skids pretty good