Paris Climate Change Conference: The Official Thread

DaSleeper
The guy who laughs at Levant gets his news from an entertainment magazine......Google failed you again sonny.....

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

YAY! Millions spent getting a couple dozen bureaucrats to go have $1000 per plate meals, lounge around in a suite in the George V Four Seasons Hotel, etc. Just to force compnaies to go green and pass the expense on down to us.
Feckin peachy deal, mental loss.

Chance to see the family . . . Get to see what global cooling is all about as Ottawa and Paris will experience the same general change in the weather. Snow and wind and more snow.

mentalfloss
Why science-based emissions targets make good business sense for COP21 | GreenBiz

mentalfloss
Swedes.

They're so hot.

However, Sweden has come out swinging, promising that they will be off fossil fuels entirely by 2050.

Sweden Leads Fossil Free Charge for COP21 | Care2 Causes

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Swedes.

They're so hot.

However, Sweden has come out swinging, promising that they will be off fossil fuels entirely by 2050.

Sweden Leads Fossil Free Charge for COP21 | Care2 Causes

That's awesome.

But only a complete moron can not understand the difference between Sweden and Canada.

darkbeaver
Republican
Climate Change, which of those two words will this meeting of lids and suits really be about?

mentalfloss
You tell us.

CDNBear

You tell us.

Better yet, why don't you tell us who Sweden's claims play out on a Canadian scale.

darkbeaver
Republican

You tell us.

I shouldn't have to. You should understand that there's nothing at all humans can do to affect "natural" climate change. So the entire program from it's beginning has been to change "human" climate. There will be change.

mentalfloss
Of course there is.

We are the primary cause.

petros
No we aren't.

davesmom
+2
This conference is nothing but an all expense paid vacation for politicians!
Climate change, to whatever degree it exists, is not going to be halted or reversed by a bunch of politicians who probably don't know what they are talking about. They are just p***ing against the wind!
How long have they been having these 'conferences'? Has any country actually achieved their goal in reducing emissions?
It seems like a 'feel good' thing the politicians do to make the public think they are actually concerned about it and in control of the situation.
I don't believe we are all that stupid!
To quote a wise man, "You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

petros
trudeau is muzzling the scientists and only taking politicians with him.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

No we aren't.

Unfortunately we are but I look forward to more of your denial as your position continues to get steam rolled over.

petros
Ummm no we aren't. You may believe which is fine but don't you dare spread your cult prophecy bullsh-t around as truth. Who the f-ck do you think you are? Christian?

Dixie Cup
Conservative
Another vacation to la la land - so what else is new? Unfortunately, WE will have to shell out more $$! I'm wondering if I will ever be able to retire or my child or grandchildren. At the rate we're going, our taxes will take all of our income and we'll all be back in the "mid eighteenth century". That's likely what the Suzuki's et al are all about - they'll live in comfort while the rest of us peons can starve!

JMHO

mentalfloss

Ummm no we aren't. You may believe which is fine but don't you dare spread your cult prophecy bullsh-t around as truth. Who the f-ck do you think you are? Christian?

Yes the science is sound on this and we are the primary agent of warming.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

How's China doing?

They admitted yesterday that they understated their GH emissions by 17%. That's more than all of Canada's contributions in a year and, of course, even our Oil sands is minuscule in comparison yet Obama has the nerve to call our oil "dirty".

He's such an idiot! But he's only one of the many so called environmentalists who haven't a clue what they're talking about!
Did you know that the XL pipeline was going to be 857 miles long but that since 2010, in the U.S, they've built 12,000 miles of pipeline?

So the hypocrisy is astounding.

Unbelievable!

JMHO

petros
+2
When you explain what is happening here in full detail, we'll talk science and climate. Until then you are a just a f-cking ignorant wh0re being pimped by political thugs. A nobody.

What is happening here and how does it relate to earth?

Well?

MHz
He should drop the Premiers and replace them with some of the unmuzzled scientists.

There appears to be a lot of iron in your drinking water.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+4

Yes the science is sound on this and we are the primary agent of warming.

Actually the science is not sound and there is still no proof that we are the primary agent of warming! I get that you want to go with the "crowd" but there are still those of us who actually believe that the science is politicized and not actual "science". The Al Gore's of the world simply see this as money in their pockets (he's a billionaire now when he wasn't even a millionaire before). How did that happen? Someone is ensuring that this propaganda is moving forward whether we like it or not.

I am NOT convinced that we are (overly) causing climate change or global warming and I do not want to pay a penny more for someone else to pocket and not have ANYTHING change as in the last 20+ years. I'm tired of OTHER people getting rich off of my hard work.

I might change my perspective if there had been any improvement over the last few years but all I see is rich people getting richer and us poor suckers doling it out! As far as I see it, its a scam and you've fallen for it BIG TIME!

JMHO

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

He should drop the Premiers and replace them with some of the unmuzzled scientists.

There appears to be a lot of iron in your drinking water.

0.3(mg/L)

mentalfloss
http://www.skepticalscience.com

MHz
Can we assume the ones in the field that originally gathered the data did it right and it was the ones at the top that sorted that into a predetermined theory are the ones the cherry picked what data was used and what was excluded?

Canada's climate holds the most interest to me at the moment and the factors point to the wind changing to blow from the south more than the west. BC should get California type weather and southern Alaska would get the weather BC is used to getting. The Rockies will see a bit of wind cross them but for the most part all the moisture will go north and be dry air by the time it reaches a northern Alaska and the -40C temps before it swings to the south and chills the warm wet air from the Gulf Stream. The winds will be quite dry by the time they get as far north as they go and then they head south and go over the UK before causing rain in Libya and Egypt, etc.
Might as play around with a model like that and see what changes would take place because of that. Example, the Mississippi flows a lot more water than it does now, enough that it flows in a straight line to the GOM. Water wheels would seem to be the way to go as far as gathering electricity over the long term. If the river basin gets more water then the drier parts of the south-west would be greener and support 2 crops per year.

Personally my favorite change would be sending all the ones 55 and older down to Mexico and let the young Mexican adults up into the places where the jobs are.

Climatologists Piece Together a Millennium of Droughts and Downpours

petros

http://www.skepticalscience.com

Can you answer my questiion?

What is happening here and how does it relate to earth?

Well?

MHz

0.3(mg/L)

That was my best guess without looking for the answer.

What's in the balloon and is it charged with static electricity?

petros
So what is your point?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Can we assume the ones in the field that originally gathered the data did it right and it was the ones at the top that sorted that into a predetermined theory are the ones the cherry picked what data was used and what was excluded?

Canada's climate holds the most interest to me at the moment and the factors point to the wind changing to blow from the south more than the west. BC should get California type weather and southern Alaska would get the weather BC is used to getting. The Rockies will see a bit of wind cross them but for the most part all the moisture will go north and be dry air by the time it reaches a northern Alaska and the -40C temps before it swings to the south and chills the warm wet air from the Gulf Stream. The winds will be quite dry by the time they get as far north as they go and then they head south and go over the UK before causing rain in Libya and Egypt, etc.

Might as play around with a model like that and see what changes would take place because of that. Example, the Mississippi flows a lot more water than it does now, enough that it flows in a straight line to the GOM. Water wheels would seem to be the way to go as far as gathering electricity over the long term. If the river basin gets more water then the drier parts of the south-west would be greener and support 2 crops per year.

Personally my favorite change would be sending all the ones 55 and older down to Mexico and let the young Mexican adults up into the places where the jobs are.

Climatologists Piece Together a Millennium of Droughts and Downpours

What does past climate change tell us about global warming?

MHz
What's your answer?

petros
Come on mentalflaws. Show your Grade 5 Science prowess and answer my question.