Updated homepage

Locutus
#1
The who's online column is placed nicely. Videos etc. Nice work boss.
 
Andem
#2
Thanks man

I'll be touching it up over the next few days. This is just the main index page.

Special thanks to the whole mod team for their input.
 
Andem
#3
I've finished updating the forum home page. I'm not done with it yet, but you'll be able to collapse any of the boxes there.

Please post your comments here.
 
Zan
#4
I like it! What happens when there's more members online than there is room for their avatars though?
 
Kreskin
#5
It looks great Chris. Nice work.
 
Praxius
#6
The coolest get on top first

But nice layout. I was wondering what happened to the other tabs when they wern't posting anything in their lists.

Now I know, and Knowing is half the Battle

GI JOE!
 
Andem
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

But nice layout. I was wondering what happened to the other tabs when they wern't posting anything in their lists.

I disabled them a couple of days ago because of server load issues. I might bring them back, but I'll have to figure out a way to incorporate them nicely.
 
Vereya
#8
Great layout! I really like it!
 
Praxius
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem View Post

I disabled them a couple of days ago because of server load issues. I might bring them back, but I'll have to figure out a way to incorporate them nicely.

Meh, not a major concern, I don't mind a bit of exercise in clicking a few extra buttons to see what I want.

*pants* phew.... heart's starting to cramp up from all this typing.... *coughs up blood*
 
hermite
#10
Freak!! I was so confused. I was here earlier, then came back and everything had changed. I thought my computer was imploding or something. Whew.

Well, good job. I appreciate the effort that goes into doing this sort of thing. Thanks.
 
Kreskin
#11
I like the interactive arrow above the flag list. Just noticed it. You can move the top threads out of the way to see easier see the forums without scrolling up and down.
 
Andem
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I like the interactive arrow above the flag list. Just noticed it.

Just added it All tabs will be collapsible, and saved in a cookie. Hide any boxes you don't want to see.
 
Kreskin
#13
Great idea Chris.
 
dancing-loon
#14
Hi, Chris-Andem,
I'm completely confused now! Can't get my eyes off your picture!!! Great sculptured upper torso!! You are not trying to compete with the English Titan, are you??

ooooooo kkkkk...... I will go and start all over again, trying to find my way through the new ,,, ahem... layout... I'll see if I can find any of the other threads besides the top ones!!
 
#juan
#15
I like it. The interactive feature is great and it looks good. Good work Chris.
 
Kreskin
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by dancing-loon View Post

Hi, Chris-Andem,
I'm completely confused now! Can't get my eyes off your picture!!! Great sculptured upper torso!! You are not trying to compete with the English Titan, are you??

ooooooo kkkkk...... I will go and start all over again, trying to find my way through the new ,,, ahem... layout... I'll see if I can find any of the other threads besides the top ones!!

Chris borrowed some of my modelling photos. They were my rejects from my portfolio.
 
DurkaDurka
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Chris borrowed some of my modelling photos. They were my rejects from my portfolio.

Kreskin, I don't know if your modeling photos from the 70's are really considered attractive in this day and age.
 
Kreskin
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Kreskin, I don't know if your modeling photos from the 70's are really considered attractive in this day and age.

I gave Chris the ones when I was out of shape.
 
DurkaDurka
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I gave Chris the ones when I was out of shape.

lmao
 
Unforgiven
#20
Thanks for all your hard work.
Looks much cleaner and easier to access.
 
Praxius
#21
I have a question.

When I see on the main page the Blue Profile section with Avatar, why does it say under my username:

"Clever Clogs in
Atlantic Canada"


I'm in At.Canada, but since when did I own intelligent Clogs?
 
Andem
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

I have a question.

When I see on the main page the Blue Profile section with Avatar, why does it say under my username:

"Clever Clogs in
Atlantic Canada"


I'm in At.Canada, but since when did I own intelligent Clogs?

Oh it's your forum rank You'd see it on posts too if you didn't have a custom title set.
 
Praxius
#23
Ah, I kinda figured it was something like that, but wasn't sure. Didn't see it anywhere else.

I'm still new, be gentle.... use lube.
 
Praxius
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem View Post

Just added it All tabs will be collapsible, and saved in a cookie. Hide any boxes you don't want to see.

I've been trying to play around with that.... but I only see the one for the "Top Threads" which expands/closes, not any of the other sections.

I played around with clicking on the green/gray arrows beside each section but they do not expand. Is it just the "Top Threads" section available for this feature or will all the sections have this? (ie: displaying most recent threads in each section)
 
Andem
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

I've been trying to play around with that.... but I only see the one for the "Top Threads" which expands/closes, not any of the other sections.

I played around with clicking on the green/gray arrows beside each section but they do not expand. Is it just the "Top Threads" section available for this feature or will all the sections have this? (ie: displaying most recent threads in each section)

At the moment, the whole right column is setup for expandable boxes, the same with top threads. The forum sections, ie. Canadian Café, Politics will be set up shortly. I just haven't had the time today to finish the whole project and I was anxious to get it live today.
 
Praxius
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem View Post

At the moment, the whole right column is setup for expandable boxes, the same with top threads. The forum sections, ie. Canadian Café, Politics will be set up shortly. I just haven't had the time today to finish the whole project and I was anxious to get it live today.

Oh geez, no worries, just double checking and making sure I wasn't missing something. I know how much of a pain in the arse it can be to get one or two effects for every section of a page, or pages. After a while your eyes get crossed.

I'm not in any rush of course.
 
karrie
#27
Andem, I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with the look of the main page. Awesome. Thanks.
 
Kreskin
#28
It does look great.
 
Andem
#29
Thanks for the compliments It's giving me some ideas on revamping some other areas of the site.
 
Praxius
#30
I've actually observed a few things since this new main page has been created, and that is I find less people are posting then before. I mean for the most part, I seem to be posting the most recently. I am wondering if it has to do with members not getting the quick access to the top tabs which previously existed for most of the main sections. (Which I think might have given more members opportunity to quickly see more threads in which they were interested in.)

Or is it just me?

I have a few other Q&C's but will hold on them for now (Related to Site Ops)
 

Similar Threads

15
No more refreshing Forum Homepage
by Andem | Oct 29th, 2009
4