Greta

VIBC
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Wow....but that's politics just like the rest of the AGW Game....
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt decreed that burning wood for energy will be treated as “carbon neutral,” meaning that it adds no CO2 to the atmosphere and falls into the same category of energy sources as solar and wind.Apr 25, 2018

Carbon neutral sounds like a major stretch, but wood burning can be less 'climate toxic' I should think, than mining and burning oil.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Ron in Regina
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

Carbon neutral sounds like a major stretch, but wood burning can be less 'climate toxic' I should think, than mining and burning oil.

What about burning Natural Gas as opposed to Wood?

petros
+2
I'm seriously considering grain heat.

VIBC

What about burning Natural Gas as opposed to Wood?

Good question but I don't know the answer. Would fracking and maybe groundwater contamination likely be involved?

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'm seriously considering grain heat.

You have to ferment the grain......it's a ten to 15 day process..... then distill it to make moonshine
Drink enough of it and you won't get cold....

You won't feel it anyways....

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

It is also thoughtless, uncaring of outcomes and selfish.

The difference being that in general such events are well-planned and the public is made aware of streets that will be blocked, parade routes are defined and fireworks displays are contained in one area of which the public is also made aware - all well ahead of time.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well planned and public notified in advance makes a BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But of course protestors DO NOT GENERALLY GIVE ADVANCE WARNING ...................................

as their primary purpose is to make as much trouble for the public as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danbones
+1
How about burning "wood gas"?

(YES! it's a thing.)
https://www.driveonwood.com/library/fema-gasifier/

You can run a truck or a tractor on it as well as burn for heat or light etc...

captain morgan
+1

Wow....but that's politics just like the rest of the AGW Game....

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt decreed that burning wood for energy will be treated as “carbon neutral,” meaning that it adds no CO2 to the atmosphere and falls into the same category of energy sources as solar and wind.Apr 25, 2018

If wood is OK, I can only assume that burning tires is carbon neutral as well.

I'm looking forward to doing may part and will burn many tires with a clear conscious and knowing that it is UN sanctioned and 'Greta-Approved'

Twin_Moose

Good question but I don't know the answer. Would fracking and maybe groundwater contamination likely be involved?

Of course look at all the damage made by the 100's of thousands of wells already drilled. /s

Or maybe they can start using some of the reserves sitting dormant or uncap a developed well or 2 if needed

spilledthebeer

Wood burning is actually carbon neutral in the long run..................

the fact is that wood that rots releases virtually the same list of compounds.................

as wood that is burned.....................

the only real difference is that burned wood releases the compounds MUCH FASTER than rotting wood!!!!!!!!!!!!

That faster release of compounds - meaning a concentrated mass - from burning.................................

can be rather difficult for asthma sufferers as you would expect.................................

so LIE-berals object to wood burning in SMALL PART - for concern about asthma sufferers..........................

and IN Large PART - because they want the sales tax and income taxes that are paid for by companies like Enbridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of firewood cutters deal mostly in cash - hence the LIE-beral disdain for wood burning........................

and THE LOST OPPORTUNITIES FOR GOVT GRAVY from those under the table deals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An additional consideration for LIE-berals relates to using forests as carbon sinks............................

since trees soak up and hold carbon - and burning or rotting wood both releases carbon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A reduction on forested area would mean LESS OPPORTUNITY to fudge carbon absorption numbers.............................

which LIE-berals want to do to make their carbon tax SCAM LOOK BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore - for very selfish reasons - LIE-berals have decreed that burning wood is Evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand - some of the very most efficient wood burning/ heat producing designs.........................

CAME FROM SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And our Swedish demon troll Greta has said NOTHING about burning wood............................

so it must be generally alright?????????????????????

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

How about burning "wood gas"?

(YES! it's a thing.)
https://www.driveonwood.com/library/fema-gasifier/

You can run a truck or a tractor on it as well as burn for heat or light etc...

YEAH.................that technology dates back to WW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can even set up a motorcycle with it as long as you have a side car to keep the machine level.........................

you WOULD NOT want to lean into a corner and end up with a pile of HOT COALS SLIDING INTO YOUR CROTCH!!!!!!!!!

That would give new meaning to the phrase "distracted driving"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just dont expect to have much range or hit highway speeds using it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Using those charcoal burners makes electric TOY cars look efficient and logical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!