Let's Bring Back the Old Gods!

Spade
Bump

petros
I like this idea. Instead of abortions women could toss their babies into the flaming pitt at the feet of the jew god Moloch.

Spade
For fear of repetition, repetition.

The Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, Christianity) all derive from the premise that humanity is different, not only in degree but in kind, from the rest of the natural world. That we, as people, were given "dominion" over creation.

Quote:
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" - Genesis 1:28 KV.

This has given cover for and encouragement to those who have callous disregard for the life on this small planet! The bounty on coyotes is but one small example; tailing ponds at Ft. McMurray is another.

The Abrahamic religions have bulldozed the planet and us into the false assumption that a better word awaits. They are the Monsanto of theological discourse, claiming their world view as based on seeds of truth.

Far better, perhaps, would be a return to more basic mysteries - the truth that we are but part of a "spiritual" web that includes the tundra, taiga, and tiger.

Yes, for all our sakes, bring back the old gods!

Spade
PS
Prayed to the gods last night so that snow would not fall on my driveway, See you later; must shovel!

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

PS
Prayed to the gods last night so that snow would not fall on my driveway, See you later; must shovel!

Silly kid. Should have prayed to one of these to breath on your driveway before you would go outside; Pele, Vesta, Hestia, Brigid, Agni, Hephaestos and Vulcan.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I like this idea. Instead of abortions women could toss their babies into the flaming pitt at the feet of the jew god Moloch.

Moloch likes puppies and bunnies and teddy bears too.

Spade
Almost time for Janus!
Janus: Roman God of Beginnings

talloola
my new 'golf god' seems to like me from time to time,
guess he's really an old god, but new to me.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

my new 'golf god' seems to like me from time to time,
guess he's really an old god, but new to me.

Don't foget to putt him in his place from time to time! Blessings!

talloola

Don't foget to putt him in his place from time to time! Blessings!

sometimes I pray he will be shot out of bounds. lol

Jamirez
Interesting, but don't create new gods. The gods is actually goddess and they do really exists, but the shape maybe not like in the photo or statues.

Just be careful, when talking about gods, you have to know the difference between gods and genies/satans so you don't get trapped to the bad ones.

You have to learn first about gods, I really like Buddha's explanation about gods and The God. Gods = Devas = Angels. The God = Maha Brahma. Google on that you get better understandings than that of Abrahamic religions.

Cliffy
We are gods. The controllers invented religion to keep us from finding that out. We don't need gods or religion. We are the power. It is time to wake up to what religion has been denying us. As long as we give away our power to religious and political leaders, we will remain slaves of their systems.

Jamirez
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

We are gods. The controllers invented religion to keep us from finding that out. We don't need gods or religion. We are the power. It is time to wake up to what religion has been denying us. As long as we give away our power to religious and political leaders, we will remain slaves of their systems.

if you are god, can you teleport between time and space?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamirez View Post

if you are god, can you teleport between time and space?

I can create my own reality. So can you. But because we have not been taught that, that we have actually been denied that information, we create our reality by default - based on false information fed to us by religion and politics. As for time and space, they only exist in the human mind. Other systems of reality are not confined by such beliefs.

Spade
The gods have resurrected this thread! May they be praised!

Cliffy

The gods have resurrected this thread! May they be praised!

You are welcome! You are blessed.

Spade
Being blessed is better than blessť!

VanIsle

Being blessed is better than blessť!

I thought you spoke Russian! All I see you speak is French! Must be something in the water (in that lake in Edmonton). Being blessed is much better than being injured. You are blessed since the thread came back. All things happen for a reason. Maybe in the morning I shall awaken to find my family has been lucky enough to win the lottery and maybe we too will feel blessed. And then again - maybe it will be 20 degrees in your town tomorrow. Or in Cliff's!!! Then when the dream is over and I awaken - I shall get up, shower and go to work as usual.
Remember that day you said you felt old. Well - that's my day today. Old and Tired and Bent and Busted!!!

VanIsle
Once again the thread has been resurrected!

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

Once again the thread has been resurrected!

The gods work in mysterious ways, their wonders to perform!

darkbeaver
The old gods are coming back, look up look way up.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Wasn't the Friendly Giant a little Rusty when it came to whistling up a "Good Gawd!"
PS
Is it just me or are the threads a little bare recently?

Northboy

Even though the original post deals with extending the religious debate to include the old Gods (After all, it is Tiw'sday), I feel complelled to reply. May the Great Moderator and the Message Board Creator forgive me!

Today, I heard an argument on why our Governor General should be considered first and foremost as our head of state. Permit me to embellish it!

Our head of state (The GG) has real constitutional powers. These were exercised most recently when she agreed to prorogue Parliament last December; she could have denied that request and the Dion would be prime minister. Can you imagine the uproar across this peaceable "kingdom" if the Queen had been approached and she decided the fate of the minority government.

Yes, we were a colony. Yes, we respect that British heritage. However, like the femur of a whale, the monarchy for Canada is a vestigial appendage the evolution of this country no longer requires.

Treat the British royalty with respect and bonhomie, as we should any foreign guests.

Hey Spade, That's not a bad idea.....

Cliffy

Wasn't the Friendly Giant a little Rusty when it came to whistling up a "Good Gawd!"
PS
Is it just me or are the threads a little bare recently?

A little bear told me that the old gods are coming back like Nelson Mandela after a long period of forced confinement. They are posed to take over from the oppressor god. Let there be dancing in the streets.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by Northboy View Post

Hey Spade, That's not a bad idea.....

Forgive me , Northboy, I was having a lucid moment!

VanIsle

Forgive me , Northboy, I was having a lucid moment!

You were!

Cliffy
I thought the Friendly Giant was doing Rusty.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

You know the direction they are coming from? Cool. At what point in space should I be looking for them to be coming from and when?

I wonder if they're just stopping off for a rest on their way to somewhere else or if they've finally decided that we might be worth some attention.
I've seen pictures of Brigid and I wanna make whoopee with her. Sappho, too.
Last edited by AnnaG; Mar 4th, 2010 at 05:21 PM..

gopher
Earth Goddess:

Spade
I don't see Aether Island!