Addiction to the Internet

Francis2004
With so many site, programs and things to do on the Internet how many hours do you spend on the internet...

Do you find yourself at home / work visiting such of the following sites

1) Forums
2) Facebook
3) MySpace
4) Chat sites or spending a lot of time one Messengers ( Yahoo, MSN, ICQ )

Do you constantly check

1) News sites ( CBC, CTV, Canoe )
2) Financial Sites ( Stockhouse, Yahoo Business, E-Trade, TDWaterhouse )
3) Workopolis, Monster, Headhunters

Are you always on game sites

1) Pogo
2) Yahoo Games
3) Facebook Games
4) Poker ( any of the many ) gambling

If you spend any time on any of these, for non-work realted browsing, you are ripe for dismissal at work.

Beware the Wandering Mouse

Here is an interesting test to see if you are addicted to the Internet..

Internet Addiction Test (IAT)

Just a reminder that the internet is a tool..

hermite
Well I guess I am. I just went 2 days with no hydro here and I thought I would have a nervous breakdown, from no internet.

I have a laptop with a battery that's good for 2 hours so I would fire it up every now and then and play Solitaire, just to help me get through the withdrawal jitters. Better now, though. Whew.

Scott Free
Score: 32

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

Cliffy
Score: 28

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

Francis2004
Score: 12

Quote:

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

karrie
I scored 41 and got the 'average online user' shpeel.

In reading through the questions, it became clear I'm not addicted, just bored out of my skull. If something better comes up, I happily trot off and don't give the net a second thought.

Said1
19. But thanks to the modern wonders of wireless, I can bring my blackberry in the tub!

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

19. But thanks to the modern wonders of wireless, I can bring my blackberry in the tub!

Naked posting is the best posting. lol.

Francis2004
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Hummmmm Often time my kids complain I have the laptop in the bathroom but I have never brought the blackberry in the tub

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by SirFrancis2004 View Post

Hummmmm Often time my kids complain I have the laptop in the bathroom but I have never brought the blackberry in the tub

Crackberry. I never thought it happen to me.

Kreskin
I have a wallmounted pc for the shower.

DurkaDurka
I'm never in bathroom long enough to need the net, but I am connected in every other way imaginable.

GroundWater
I have 2 in the basement, 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the garage and a laptop just in case, I use the net for quite a bit, from banking to cooking, mechanics to forums, and I also spend a lot of time at work on the net( part of the job) ya I guess I'm a net nut.