Canadian doughnuts, singers and actors

peapod
No just a lot of tim horton commericals. You might like the timbits little monkey tho :P

Rick van Opbergen
Timbits?

Diamond Sun
mmmm. Timbits are my favourite. And somehow I feel a lot less guilty eating those timbits.

And Rick. Tim Hortons is like a Canadian God, or idol, or something. Maybe a nipple...

Rick van Opbergen
A sort of male Celine Dion?

galianomama
Quote:

I'm not only hiding, I have decided this small planet is not big enough for me and that moronic nation to the south. I'm trying to jump off, but dammit, gravity won't let me.

sorry about the news hag, although i really wasn't surprised.

what's next on your agenda? a bombing perhaps?

Diamond Sun

The little round doughnut holes on the right are timbits...

Rick van Opbergen
Aha ... we don't have them here ... I guess ...

Rick van Opbergen
Thanks for the image by the way. Makes me hungry

Diamond Sun
Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

A sort of male Celine Dion?

Good god man. Real Canadians do not Idolize Celine....

Rick van Opbergen
They don't? But you do like Bryan Adams right ... right? Oh wait a minute, you're just in denial. That's it. Actually you Canadians just adore Celine Dion, but you just don't want to acknowledge that, because that will make your nation the laughing stock of the world ... sorry ...

Diamond Sun

Aha ... we don't have them here ... I guess ...

You are most definitely missing out. If you'd stayed part of the "hiding club" you might have gotten to try them out.

Rick van Opbergen
Ehm ... damn it ... can't I get a special status or something? like: you are not a member, but you do have the right to enjoy these delicious timbits?

peapod
I love brian adams!!!! he has a cabin on a lake in the kootenays...I saw him once and he was not eating timbits :P

Andem
There's no Canadians here that like Celine Dion in Ontario.. not since she made it VERY clear that she was NOT a Canadian, but Quebecoise. Stupid woman. I never liked her anyways, she stole so many songs.. like "I drove all night".

Rick van Opbergen
Denial ...

peapod
Not really ricky, more like reality :P her songs are sappy, like being hit in the face with a 100 pounds of sugar. Now if she sang the lumberjack song, things might be different.

Diamond Sun

They don't? But you do like Bryan Adams right ... right? Oh wait a minute, you're just in denial. That's it. Actually you Canadians just adore Celine Dion, but you just don't want to acknowledge that, because that will make your nation the laughing stock of the world ... sorry ...

*rolling eyes* Bryan Adams? Bryan Adams is only idolized by prepubescent girls, and my mom.

Rick van Opbergen
... and peapod Diamond

Diamond Sun
Yes, I saw that afterwards....maybe it's just women in the same generation of my mom.

Rick van Opbergen
and what is your opinion about Pamela Anderson? Dan Aykroyd? Donald Sutherland? Michael J. Fox?

Diamond Sun
Michael J Fox is a trooper. Pamela is a joke. Donald is a pillar of stoic silence. And Dan Akroyd, well, he's a funny guy. Most of our Canadians we are proud of, just not the ones that sell out (ie Shania Twain)

Rick van Opbergen
You're not a fan of Shania Twain?

LadyC
I like Shania, and my daughter absolutely loves her. She's also a fan of Avril Lavigne, Paul Brandt and Nickleback, too. It's a little disconcerting to hear an 8 year old sing some of the lyrics though.

Andem
Just had to split these topics as they have nothing to do with nipple/possessed-online/offline heads

Diamond Sun
Okay. I liked Shania way back in her first two albums. Her latest though it such a huge step away from what she was doing before. The pop country corossover thing is just not cool, at least in my books.

Lady. I LOVE Paul Brandt!

(oh, and I see Andem didn't like us hijacking the online/offline thread, so he gave us one of our own...how nice!)

Andem
Diamond, you're Obsessive Compulsive now! I'm sure you can understand the need to keep things in order, being a fellow OCD!

peapod
tap tap on diamonds shoulder...excuse me but

rolling eyes* Bryan Adams? Bryan Adams is only idolized by prepubescent girls, and my mom

Please step outside... :P

LadyC
Splitting the thread is so confusing. I'd say you're not so much OCD, Andem as decidedly anal. Just leave us alone and let us ramble on as we please. :P

I've seen Paul Brandt in concert - wow! If ever you get a chance, go. The guy is amazing, not only his songs but his rapport with the audience.

And so proudly Canadian, too.

LadyC
I agree, peapod - Bryan has earned any and all adulation bestowed on him - and I've thought that since I was a prepubescent girl myself.

Diamond Sun
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Please step outside... :P

OH, as if I'm scared of some islander....