Canada named 2nd best country in the world…again, report finds

Twila
+1
This may sound like a broken record but Canada has been named the second best country in the world yet again.

For a second year in a row, the Great White North was ranked second in the annual “Best Countries” survey from the U.S. News & World Report, in conjunction with Young & Rubicam BAV Consulting and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Switzerland edged out Canada for the number one ranking, scoring a perfect 10 while Canada took in 9.7 in overall scoring.

The survey evaluated 80 countries in a variety of categories including economic influence, citizenship and quality of life. The survey was conducted after the U.S. election and more than 21,000 people participated in the second annual survey.

We wanted to capture how tumultuous political change can affect a country’s perceived standing in the world,” said Brian Kelly, editor and chief content officer of U.S. News, in a statement. “Similar to what we have done with hospitals, universities and other institutions, the Best Countries portal pairs fact-based metrics with storytelling to help citizens, business leaders and governments better evaluate their countries and make sense of a range of important global issues.”

Switzerland made its debut in the number one spot, knocking last year’s best country Germany down to number four on the list.

Canada ranked first in the “Quality of Life” category, scoring a perfect 10 based on a variety of sub-factors including politics, economy and health care.

The report cited Canada as being a “high-tech industrial society with a high standard of living.”

“Trade agreements in the 1980s and 1990s dramatically bolstered trade with the U.S., and now the two counties are each other’s largest trading partner,” reads a summary of Canada’s ranking. While the service sector is Canada’s biggest economic driver, the country is a significant exporter of energy, food and minerals. Canada ranks third in the world in proven oil reserves and is the world’s fifth-largest oil producer.”

The United Kingdom was again named the third best country even post-Brexit. Germany slipped to number four on the list after dipping in “three important categories: open for business, citizenship and quality of life.”

the rest:
Canada named 2nd best country in the world

taxslave
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Interesting since it is immigration that has lowered the quality of life in Germany.

Curious Cdn
"we're number two!!

"we're number two!!

Christianna
I like it best.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Christianna View Post

I like it best.

Me too!

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Interesting since it is immigration that has lowered the quality of life in Germany.

Look what immigration has done to this country!

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

This may sound like a broken record but Canada has been named the second best country in the world yet again.

For a second year in a row, the Great White North was ranked second in the annual “Best Countries” survey from the U.S. News & World Report, in conjunction with Young & Rubicam BAV Consulting and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Switzerland edged out Canada for the number one ranking, scoring a perfect 10 while Canada took in 9.7 in overall scoring.

Canada named 2nd best country in the world

I disagree with Switzerland being the best. Most of the country stands up on end.....................way too steep for old Codgers!

Cannuck
That's why Switzerland is so great. All the old codgers move away. Drops the snifty ratio considerably

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I disagree with Switzerland being the best. Most of the country stands up on end.....................way too steep for old Codgers!

They have gondola's...

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

They have gondola's...

They have nifty knives.

A Canadian Army knife will have been made around 1966, was once razor sharp but is now held together with duct tape.

DND procurement is studying the problem but no one still alive knows how to design a pocket knife, anymore.
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Mar 7th, 2017 at 09:31 PM..

Remington1
I agree.

Bar Sinister
Damn - second again.

Jinentonix

Well to be fair, it was mass, unchecked immigration that did it. But it sure seems like we're heading down that same road.

Blackleaf
Switzerland is the best country in the world? It's boring and is full of cyclists, yodellers and cuckoo clocks.

I've just realised the UK is the THIRD best country to live in.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Switzerland is the best country in the world? It's boring and is full of cyclists, yodellers and cuckoo clocks.

I've just realised the UK is the THIRD best country to live in.

It's full of drunken girls from East Anglia, Football Yobs and whiny chronic complainers.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

whiny chronic complainers.

Or "Remoaners" as they are offically known.

Cannuck

It's full of drunken girls from East Anglia, Football Yobs and whiny chronic complainers.

Too many ghosts and muzzies for my liking.

Danbones
+1

... and now thanks to our leftie globalist PM, we're headed to the bottom too

JLM

Being overly hospitable generally extracts a price!

Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

... and now thanks to our leftie globalist PM, we're headed to the bottom too

He just wants to be loved!

Cannuck

No it hasn't. Besides, it's ranked #4. Listening to the racists, one would think Germany wouldn't be in the top 100

Corduroy
+1

Look what immigration has done to this country!

Made it?

JLM

I see you have been corrected by "The Great I AM".

Corduroy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I see you have been corrected by "The Great I AM".

God?

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

God?

Just in his mind!

mentalfloss
Canada > US

petros
Was it Official?

B00Mer

"we're number two!!

"we're number two!!

...and what's wrong being Number #2

But I would settle for 3rd...

USA First, Russia 2nd and Canada 3rd

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYX0XgeM94M

Sons of Liberty
Home is where the heart is.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Made it?

Preeeecisely!

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

...and what's wrong being Number #2

But I would settle for 3rd...

USA First, Russia 2nd and Canada 3rd

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYX0XgeM94M

Are the United States and Russia in the top 50?

I don't mind being #2 to the Swiss. We can bear that humiliation. Maybe, of our chocolate wasn't so chintzy-cheap?