Canadians prefer Trump over trudeau

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Actually YES!! Most of what was laid at her door, Trump had done or is now doing and worse The world at least would have not been brought to the brink of a nuclear war, while the President was tweeting about football players disrespecting a FLAG.........a piece of cloth for Pete's sake. I would bet every single one of those football players have already served their country. Trump did NOT. Now both his sons managed exemptions just on the eve of war with North Korea. Bad enough to be a coward, but to cite others for disrespecting a piece of cloth puts him lower than dirt in my opinion.

I think we can do without the hyperbole and histrionics! You don't think holding the highest office in the land counts as "serving one's country"? Let's get real!

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I think we can do without the hyperbole and histrionics! You don't think holding the highest office in the land counts as "serving one's country"? Let's get real!

Really when has he had time to govern?? Not much available between golfing, tweeting nonsense, trying to intimidate countries with nuclear missiles and not forgetting his trying to screw both close neighbours now is there?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1

Really when has he had time to govern?? Not much available between golfing, tweeting nonsense, trying to intimidate countries with nuclear missiles and not forgetting his trying to screw both close neighbours now is there?

The Dumpster is all about serving himself. I doubt serving his country is even number ten on his list.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

What kind of sh*t have you been smoking Bluebyrd?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

I think Bluebird sees rather clearly what the Dumpster is doing. I can't figure out why you can't.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Not so, Not even a war of words.

Although diplomatic relations between the two countries were established in February 2001, there have been no official embassies built in the two nations. Full diplomatic relations were suspended by Canada in 2010 and replaced by a Controlled Engagement Policy limiting official bilateral contact to specific topics.[2] Canada is officially represented by the Ambassador of Canada to Korea resident in the South Korean capital Seoul, and North Korea is represented through their permanent representative to the United Nations in New York. Sweden acts as the protecting power for Canadian citizens that travel to North Korea.[3] North Korea has request for an ambassador and mission to be created, but declined by Canada.[4]

More then three years left on his first term , you better calm down or you might get the vapors .

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

More then three years left on his first term , you better calm down or you might get the vapors .

I check the sky every morning and it's still up there where it's supposed to be, mind you it does shake a little after some of Justin's utterings!

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation

I am smarter than average it seems ....so of course I don;t smoke period!! Is that your solution to a dose of truth?? No wonder you can't distinguish between sense and nonsense.

Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

LOL.....I wouldn't bet on the length of his term if I were you!. Vapors? Oh that explains a lot about where you are coming from, hon.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I am smarter than average it seems ....so of course I don;t smoke period!! Is that your solution to a dose of truth?? No wonder you can't distinguish between sense and nonsense.

That's your opinion, Sweetie, doesn't mean it's valid. Have a nice day.

spilledthebeer

That's your opinion, Sweetie, doesn't mean it's valid. Have a nice day.

Firstly- I point out that I have said NOTHING about the domestic economic policies of Trump- he is leader of a FOREIGN COUNTRY- one I am not a citizen of and cannot vote in-so his economics are basically irrelevant to me. Second- my comments about Trump are centred on national security issues- ones that OUR Cdn leader- Our dimwit Boy Justin is deliberately screwing up just because he does not like Yankees any more than his vile father Pierre did! My constant focus is on Cdn security which Our idiot Boy is deliberately sabotaging wrecking and on LIE-beral economic policy that is utter POISON to anybody who expects to do an honest days work and get paid accordingly!

Now here arwe some comments on LIE-beral policy- and its too bad LIE-berals and theirv civil service Hog supporters are too stupid and greedy to notice the link between current LIE-beral policy and the bad old Rae Days! Consider:

Isn’t that nice-our DIMWIT prime minister-the Boy with nice hair for BRAINS has bet the store he wont have to end up dealing with the Trudope equivalent of Rae Days! DIMWIT Boy has bet the future of the country on his fiscal plan that he does not realize is pretty much a carbon copy of the bullshit foisted on Ontari-owe during that one disastrous term of disgraced premier Bob (BOOB!) Rae! But in this case it wont be just Ontari-owe that suffers, it will be the entire country!

Boy feels confident in borrowing THIRTY BILLION DOLLARS for his deficit crap because interest rates are currently low so its (relatively?) easy to pay off the interest on the loans. Stupid Boy IGNORES the reality of having some day to pay the principle on his HUGE loans. One good blip in interest rates and we are screwed! The bankrupt Greeks were handling their debt fairly well till bankers did sone calculations about just how much debt Greeks could carry and came up short-this is why Greeks hit that debt wall-no more borrowing allowed...OPA! And we are not immune to that debt wall crap in spite of what deluded Hogs claim!

Our Brainless Boy must REALLY like Europeans because he is so determined to emulate them in all things and follow them into bankruptcy! He even has plans to imitate their disastrous carbon trading plan that is a HUGE rip off for ordinary people and allows all sorts of bad players and scammers to get rich off manipulation of the carbon crap plan.....WITHOUT the plan doing anything to clean the air! It just gives GREEDY govts a slush fund to play with-as if they didn’t waste too much of our money already!

And what of the civil service Hogs whose votes were so instrumental in putting brainless Boy into power? They are not forgotten-they get to PAY for the debts-but with LIE-beral methods it is spend NOW and PAY later-so you better hide your money under your mattress! Our Boy is an idiot but you can bet he read up on how the Cyprus govt got out of debt-they just LOOTED anybody who had a bank account! Just TOOK a percentage of the money!

Yes, our brainless Boy has just given a HUGE boost to the underground economy! I had this woman friend who worked for a clothing retailer and she got into a chat one day with a new clothing wholesaler while I listened in. She asked him about various name brands he carried and other minor makers as well-all related to quantities and qualities and availability and etc. Then she hit him with the BIG question: how much for this specific brand? And the answer was this: “how much depends on whether you want receipts or not?” For NAME BRAND clothing! Lie-beral tax madness is turning us all into thieves and cheats.....just to survive!

Some clever French number cruncher came up with a formula which indicated that once taxes rose beyond a certain point, govt simply could NOT get more revenue. The higher taxes go, the more incentive there is to hide money from govt and we are WELL PAST the point where hiding money from govt is becoming a very useful survival tool!

And Boy has said NOTHING sensible about security or the cost to keep an eye on Jihadist radicals-also known as new Cdns that came from Syria! Boy has just ear marked 35 million dollars for an “office of Anti radical measures”.....typical LIE-beral-he will just ask them how much it will cost to BRIBE them into putting down their guns and voting LIE-beral....and GIVE it to them! No wonder the world wants to immigrate to Canada....just so long as a LIE-beral is in charge!

It has been said that if Greek govt could collect all the taxes owing to it, then Greeks would no longer have a deficit! The same has been said of the City of Toronto-the amount of property tax the city is owed is in the BILLIONS-from bankrupt and tax strapped and fly by night companies. LIE-berals giveth and LIE-berals taketh away-cursed be the name of LIE-berals! And over 20 years ago, the famous National Geographic Magazine assured its readers that over EIGHTY PERCENT of the Italian economy operated BEYOND the reach of the tax man! Yes, almost an ENTIRE country operating completely beyond the reach and regulation of govt! Why does our brainless Boy want us to become bankrupt, inept, poverty stricken Europeans? Just how HUGE is his ego and his lust for power at any price?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Firstly- I point out that I have said NOTHING about the domestic economic policies of Trump- he is leader of a FOREIGN COUNTRY- one I am not a citizen of and cannot vote in-so his economics are basically irrelevant to me. Second- my comments about Trump are centred on national security issues- ones that OUR Cdn leader- Our dimwit Boy Justin is deliberately screwing up just because he does not like Yankees any more than his vile father Pierre did! My constant focus is on Cdn security which Our idiot Boy is deliberately sabotaging wrecking and on LIE-beral economic policy that is utter POISON to anybody who expects to do an honest days work and get paid accordingly!

Sorry for the misunderstanding and mix up, but the post you responded to was actually directed to Bluebyrd.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Perhaps he is just addicted to watching the news. Every time Trump comes on it is a horror show or a Marx Brothers comedy.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Perhaps he is just addicted to watching the news. Every time Trump comes on it is a horror show or a Marx Brothers comedy.

Of course that's exactly what they do . Would it be any different if Marco or Ted was Pres . ?

spilledthebeer
[QUOTE=pgs;2512421]Of course that's exactly what they do . Would it be any different if Marco or Ted was Pres . ?[/QUOTE

Oh my, so many silly LIE-beral myths to shoot down in flames....and so little time....now consider the mess LIE-berals are making of native issues:

Here is an article illustrating why Cdn natives on reserves may never stop wallowing in misery- there are just too many poverty pimps `helping` them by excusing all manner of stupid crap and letting them think of themselves always as victims! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Moving forward on aboriginal issues. Address the problems facing Canada’s indigenous people today, instead of wallowing in the past

By Gordon Chong. First posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 07:24 PM EDT | Updated: Saturday, July 08, 2017 07:26 PM EDT

While most revelers enjoyed the 150th anniversary of Confederation celebrations, the role of aboriginal Canadians included an aura of conflict. Despite claims by some that First Nations people had nothing to celebrate, they were an integral part of the program.

Simultaneously, a predictably outraged group of activists erected a teepee on Parliament hill in a mock “reoccupation” to protest the historical treatment of indigenous people in this country.

It was a contradictory tantrum that undermines the struggles of First Nations people within Canada. Our way forward as a nation, which includes our indigenous people, is to move forward, not back. Canadians all come from elsewhere, and history is dark in all of those places.

History has also made us roommates in the here and now. North American’s aboriginal population descended from indigenous, nomadic tribes in China and northern Asia. Many black North Americans are descendants of Africans brought over as slaves. Many Chinese from Chinese workers brought to build railways here.

(Yes- but any competent observer of the Cdn scene will CLEARLY see that although we all have pretty much equal chances- some of us have made MUCH MORE of the chances than others! Compare the performance of Chinese to Blacks or natives!)

History is replete with outrages and atrocities committed by this country against various immigrant groups — indigenous peoples, blacks, the Irish, Jews, the French and Acadians, the Chinese.

We share this shame with virtually all other nations on earth. Despite this, we became a confederation.That was, in 1867, and it remains today our best future — as a nation.

Canadians know this, even if their prime minister panders and plays identity politics, declaring “indigenous” will replace “aboriginal” while conditions on many reserves across the country remain deplorable. Protest and appeasement thwart real change, and encourage backlash.

When Pierre Trudeau’s efforts to integrate and resolve the segregation of indigenous Canadians failed because of a country-wide Aboriginal Rights Movement that came to be known as the “The Red Power Movement,” he uttered in a moment of anger and frustration, “We’ll keep them in the ghetto as long as they want.”

It was prescient. Many have been impoverished ever since.

(The vile Trudope mis-spoke as far as I am concerned. There is NOTHING stopping a native from leaving the reserve other than sheer lack of will. More that 80 percent of jobs in Canada now require post secondary education yet only 25 percent of natives on reserves even graduate for high school. And it is important to distinguish between reserve dwellers who represent one third of natives and who are iu perpetual crisis; versus the other two thirds of natives who have come to some sensible accommodation with white culture and technical needs. Reserve dwellers MUST be made to realize that getting an education does not represent a shameful sell out to white society. Long before Columbus, native youth had to learn to support themselves and its really no different now. Although welfare is certainly taking some of the sting out of not being self supporting! Certainly the tools and methods have changed but the life challenge remains!)

The ever idealistic Bob Rae wrote recently that, “It’s time to recognize Indigenous peoples as our founders” in the Toronto Star, a statement that ignores history.

Britain and France colonized North America, subjugating the “New World” as they had elsewhere around the world. Indigenous tribes here before the Europeans did much the same over millennia, fighting and warring with one another over land and territory.

That is why it is most disheartening to hear the next generation parroting Bill Erasmus, the Grand Chief of the Dene Nation, when he talks about “cultural context” and a mystical spiritual attachment to nature.

The Britons living in England had a mystical attachment to nature before Rome conquered and colonized that new land.

(And the mystical attachment to nature did not stop natives from wiping out stocks of fur bearing animals so they could buy stuff from fur traders. And as Peter C. Newman has documented in his books on the fur trade- that trade could NOT have been carried on if natives had not joined in the slaughter of Buffalo in order to produce the Pemmican that traders lived on while traveling with the canoe brigades! Native attachment to nature is as mystical as the trinkets and beads sold them by Europeans!)

The only cultural context that matters today is our shared relationship and aspirations. Otherwise, we are not a nation. Canadians must rise to challenge this divisive and self-serving nationalism of individual groups, or we will be in serious trouble.

(Too bad that LIE-berals have cultivated this myth of First Nations for the sake of some votes. As if a bunch of drug addled drunks loafing around a camp fire have anything much in common with their tough, competent, well fed and SOBER ancestors!)

The indigenous focus on political status and revanchism is a thoughtless betrayal of future generations. It simply compounds the wrongs of the past with new wrongs.

(Again, LIE-berals betray us all with their bait and switch tactics- luring native voters with promises as valid as the glass beads natives now scorn as cheap European trash!)

We should all refocus on helping indigenous people deal with the very real problems they face today in areas such as education and health care, spousal and sexual assault, child neglect, suicides, addictions and other urgent problems.

(Too bad too many poverty pimps think it is wrong to expect much of natives. One quick way to improve life on reserves is to re-institute the Conservative mandated requirement that each band post its expenses online so the bills can be honestly audited .Conservatives were on the right track- there is way to much corruption on reserves! When Atiwapiskat band council can burn through 150 million dollars that was allocated for housing- just spend it all in a few years- WITHOUT building a single house and WITHOUT showing a single receipt it is time to call the cops for that criminal FRAUD! Naturally LIE-berals consider that it is racist to speak so about the endemic corruption and they have done away with policies that would have ended corruption and ensured that the lives of ordinary natives are improved while also protecting tax payer money!)

(The ugly reality is that we cannot tell natives not to drink to excess abuse gas and other chemicals. We cannot persuade them not to beat spouses or children. Cannot order them to give their kids clean clothes and regular contact with soap and hot water even though a bunch of kids were recently airlifted out of Kashetchewan reserve to be treated for nasty rashes that looked to me like the end result of unsanitary living conditions! The ultimate solution is to get the poverty pimps away from natives and let them realize they CAN stand on their own two feet. And help them into the 21st century-if reserve dwellers ever choose to make the journey!)

The current path is especially debilitating for the succeeding generations of indigenous youth who need to adopt or “appropriate” the “white man’s” ways.

(Sadly- LIE-beral are encouraging natives NOT to look at long term solutions to ld problems. Instead LIE-berals are encouraging natives to think in terms of RENTING Canada to us. How tragic that natives do not realize the truth of the old saying: “that the quickest way to destroy a man is to pay him to do nothing”!)

Aboriginal politicians should reflect on their hubristic raison d’etre, since results have been less than stellar after five decades.

EagleSmack
Time to admit it...

Trump > Trudeau

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Time to admit it...

Trump > Trudeau

What are you telling me? That Cdns like Trump more than Trudope or that you like him more than Trudope? And what of the latest Cdn polls that show Trudope "sunny ways" getting all clouded over and rained on?

Our idiot Boy is in serious trouble unless the polls reverse themselves- which they aint likely to do thanks among other reasons- for those tens of thousands of illegals living in the impromptu tent city Trudopia towns- the modern equivalent of the tent cities that desperate Yankees called Hoovervilles after president Hoover during the Dirty Thirties!

See- Our idiot Boy has more in common with Hoover than with Trump! Our idiot Boy has stood and watched the immigration disaster unfold and has demonstrated exactly the same imagination and inventiveness as Hoover in dealing with the problem- both Hoover and Trudope took the same approach- just hoping the mess will go away!

Hoover did not get re-elected after being blamed for the Hoovervilles and it looks like Trudope may have the same career path thanks to his Trudopia towns !

EagleSmack
That is the pulse of Canada right there folks.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
The Forum Poll™ - Donald Trump Approval Down

Read & weep. You really must really catch up. Canadians approve of Trudeau at 51% to the Conservative at 49%

However check out the disapproval of Trump by Canadians

The disapproval rate used to be 70% and it is up to 77%

EagleSmack

Our idiot Boy is in serious trouble unless the polls reverse themselves- which they aint likely to do thanks among other reasons- for those tens of thousands of illegals living in the impromptu tent city Trudopia towns- the modern equivalent of the tent cities that desperate Yankees called Hoovervilles after president Hoover during the Dirty Thirties!

I agree... BIG TROUBLE.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation

I agree... BIG TROUBLE.

LOL you bet!! This morning, USA Today published the results of a poll that found Americans are split, 42 percent to 42 percent, on whether or not Donald Trump should be impeached.

To be honest that was in July 2017. However, I imagine that number is much higher now.

EagleSmack

See- Our idiot Boy has more in common with Hoover than with Trump! Our idiot Boy has stood and watched the immigration disaster unfold and has demonstrated exactly the same imagination and inventiveness as Hoover in dealing with the problem- both Hoover and Trudope took the same approach- just hoping the mess will go away!

He hasn't done a thing has he.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

Other than taking taxpayer sponsored vacations and date-nites with wifey throughout Europe and Asia, all he's managed is a bunch of selfies

Not really that bad for a failed, part-time substitute teacher though.... Oh, almost forgot, snow board instructor too

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Well Canadians do not have to wait two more years to retire, restored some of health care to veterans, lowered by 2% on income tax to the middle class, Raised the tax on the rich by 1%. to name a just a couple off the top of my head. Oh yes, forgot ......gave back to researchers the right to talk about scientific breakthroughs they make.

There were a lot of others that were notable. He has restored a lot of what Harper took away.........takes time you know.

As far as his trips he is not as rich as Trump who's trips on the US tax payers makes Trudeau's look pitiful.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

Well Canadians do not have to wait two more years to retire,

Yeah, sure... retire into poverty

PS - you can retire at whatever age you want champ

restored some of health care to veterans,

Another department that his psychotic old man destroyed

lowered by 2% on income tax to the middle class,

Hugely offset by the myriad of eco and carbon taxes, let alone the hundreds of billions in extra debt that he's amassed in order to go on his bevvy of date-nites

Raised the tax on the rich by 1%. to name a just a couple off the top of my head.

Hilarious.... just one guy like Murray Edwards that flees Canada with his billions offsets and reverses any gains made on this tax.

Oh yes, forgot ......gave back to researchers the right to talk about scientific breakthroughs they make.

Those whiners signed confidentiality agreements in the first place, let alone that info was not theirs to hand out.

just cause you work at KFC sweeping floors doesn't give you the automatic right to hand out the secret recipe, does it?

There were a lot of others that were notable. He has restored a lot of what Harper took away.........takes time you know.

Like?

As far as his trips he is not as rich as Trump who's trips on the US tax payers makes Trudeau's look pitiful.

Exactly how does Trump's net worth justify tater tot's abuse of the Canadian taxpayers dollars?

Grow up already

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Well Canadians do not have to wait two more years to retire, restored some of health care to veterans, lowered by 2% on income tax to the middle class, Raised the tax on the rich by 1%. to name a just a couple off the top of my head. Oh yes, forgot ......gave back to researchers the right to talk about scientific breakthroughs they make.

Sounds and looks very good, but he's just delaying the day when he'll have to pay the piper, while he ignores the $billion plus debt we owe. His old man didn't know bugger all about money and passed the lack of knowledge on to Justin. At least Harper wasn't afraid to face the issue, while Sonny whistles past the cemetery.

I meant to say we'll have to pay the piper.

Simple fact of life that many fail to understand - Our generation was taught that you can't continue to borrow money without repaying it!

Did the powers that be, today not get the message or are they just too f*****g dumb to understand it?

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
The people lending the money know its impossible to pay it back, so they are thinking about all those islands and other things they got they got when they screwed Greece ( and that was a bankerscam) right into the poor house.
( Not to mention all the other countries where they own the central banks, which they do not own here.)

Canada has lots of Islands and other stuff...
It takes a surprisingly small amount of bribes and special interest funding to do it.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Top 5 Signs Donald Trump Might Be a Moron

Rex Tillerson may actually be right.

By Juan Cole / Informed Comment
October 9, 2017, 9:25 AM GMT

Photo Credit: DonkeyHotey / Flickr

Carol E. Lee at NBC reported Wednesday that last summer Rex Tillerson, the secretary of state, called Trump a “f*cking moron.” The remark came after a number of incidents in which Trump had contradicted Tillerson on policy, and directly after Trump made salacious remarks to a crowd of boy scouts. Tillerson at one point had led the Boy Scouts.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...ld-trump-moron

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Top 5 Signs Donald Drumpf Might Be a Moron
[SIZE=4]

might be? might?

the list of things he is, is long. Moron is only 1 of many on that list though.

narcisist is head of the list
arrogant comes well before moron and they each maximize the effects of the other. It's a total catch 22 trump style.

May you live in interesting times - chinese proverb. We are.

spilledthebeer

ACTUALLY! Our idiot BOY HAS done something! |he has remained true to the vile Trudope family values by encouraging these illegals to come here! Our idiot Boy is on a mission to destroy what his wretched father PIerre referred to as "Cdn Imperialism"- by which he apparently meant any spirit of initiative, courage, innovation, strong morals or logical values displayed by Cdns!

Once the full Trudopia utopia is implemented, we are all to be as independent as the women in that idiot book The Handmaids Tale!

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Can you tell the difference?