Wichita man arrested in connection with rape of 100-year-old woman


Locutus
#1


A 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the sexual assault last week of a 100-year-old woman, Wichita police said Friday.

The man was booked into the Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of rape and aggravated burglary, Wichita police Capt. Troy Livingston said.

Police would not name the man, but jail and police records identified him as Kasey Nesbitt of Wichita. He was arrested Monday in connection with a separate burglary case, jail records show.

Nesbitt was arrested Thursday in connection with the woman’s rape and the burglary of her home. He was in custody at the jail at the time, records show.


Kansas Department of Corrections records show Nesbitt has been in and out of prison since 2000, mostly on burglary and theft convictions. He was released in January 2013.

The assault occurred overnight on Monday and Tuesday of last week, Livingston said. The woman walked to a neighbor’s house at about 7:15 a.m. Sept. 30 and told the neighbor there were people inside her house in the 800 block of South Crestway.

“She’s a strong and brave woman who was able to give us information,” Livingston said of the victim.

“She seems to be doing fine, and her family is taking care of her.”

Police soon had a suspect, but waited to make an arrest while they collected more evidence, police said.

The woman, who lives alone, said she was awakened about 9 p.m. by the intruders inside her house, police said. One or more burglars forced their way inside through a back door. They remained in the house for several hours.

Investigators are still trying to determine whether any property was taken.

“This case was harder for our detectives to even grasp, not just the detectives on the case but all the detectives,” Livingston said.
“They were all pretty shocked by this.”



Wichita man arrested in connection with rape of 100-year-old woman | The Wichita Eagle
 
MHz
+1
#2
Good thing ISIS didn't get hold of her, she would have ended up being married and cleaning up after 6 of his not too tidy friends, plus you know what.
 
SLM
+3 / -1
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Good thing ISIS didn't get hold of her, she would have ended up being married and cleaning up after 6 of his not too tidy friends, plus you know what.

You're beyond disgusting. Getting in some cheap shot on behalf of a group that's committed it's own atrocities on the back of a story about an elderly woman being raped. You just have no idea when not to open your trap do you? Not everything is about you and your views. You're not prophetic or wise or in possession of some profound knowledge that escapes everyone else. You're one person with one opinion, nothing more.

You were right about one thing you said the other day, just because you're alone in your opinion doesn't necessarily make you wrong. But the part that you seem to miss is that it sure as hell doesn't make you right either.
 
Locutus
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Good thing ISIS didn't get hold of her, she would have ended up being married and cleaning up after 6 of his not too tidy friends, plus you know what.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

You're beyond disgusting. Getting in some cheap shot on behalf of a group that's committed it's own atrocities on the back of a story about an elderly woman being raped. You just have no idea when not to open your trap do you? Not everything is about you and your views. You're not prophetic or wise or in possession of some profound knowledge that escapes everyone else. You're one person with one opinion, nothing more.

You were right about one thing you said the other day, just because you're alone in your opinion doesn't necessarily make you wrong. But the part that you seem to miss is that it sure as hell doesn't make you right either.

yeah jimmy...start an idiot thread somewhere and stop sullying this one like some attention-seeking retard looking to name-drop your current pet project.
 
CDNBear
#5
Given the topic of the OP, is it actually possible to sully this thread any further than the OP?
 
eh1eh
#6
GILFophilia.
 
SLM
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Given the topic of the OP, is it actually possible to sully this thread any further than the OP?

It's not about that, it's just about having a bit of reverence for a topic involving a horrific crime. Particularly when it's the first comment out of the gate.
 
Walter
#8
Does the age of the woman matter? If the suspect is found guilty he should have his balls removed.
 
BaalsTears
+1 / -1
#9
Obama's fault.

Sorry Walter.
 
B00Mer
+2
#10
May he spend the next 30 years behind bars finding out how it feels daily to be raped.