After Trump's win, more U.S. students consider university in Canada


mentalfloss
#1
They obviously want a better education.


Canada > America


After Trump's win, more U.S. students consider university in Canada

For some college-bound students distressed by the U.S. election of Donald Trump, Canadian universities are calling.

Universities from Quebec to British Columbia say applications and website traffic from the United States have been surging since Trump's victory Nov. 8. Although many Canadian schools had also ramped up recruiting in the U.S. recently, some say dismay over the presidential election has fuelled a spike in interest beyond their expectations.

Lara Godoff, a 17-year-old from Napa, Calif., said she scrapped any notion of staying in the U.S. the day after the election. Among other concerns, Godoff, a Democrat, said she fears the Republic president-elect's administration will ease enforcement of federal rules against sexual assault, making campuses less safe for women.

Godoff had applied to one university in Canada, but added three more as safety schools after the election.

"If we live in a country where so many people could elect Donald Trump, then that's not a country I want to live in," she said.

After Trump's win, more U.S. students consider university in Canada - Manitoba - CBC News
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Somebody will have to bring them up to High School Leaving level as they cross the border. Remedial Math, English and History could become major exports.
 
EagleSmack
#3
Oh this would be wonderful!

You get all of our snowflakes and crybabies!
 
DaSleeper
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh this would be wonderful!

You get all of our snowflakes and crybabies!

We don't want any more Flossies.....Bite your tongue!!!!
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#5
I don't know what Eagle Duuuuuuh just wrote as I blocked him many months ago. He should be one of our first customers, though as his English is clearly not up to scratch.
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Jan 2nd, 2017 at 07:37 PM..
 
EagleSmack
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I don't know what Eagle Duuuuuuh just wrote as I blocked him many months ago. He should be one of our first customers, though as his English is ckearly not up to scratch.

Ckearly

lmao... That's the education you are bragging about?

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

We don't want any more Flossies.....Bite your tongue!!!!

That is what you'll get! All of our whinny Sociology and Communication majors and their helicopter parents leading the way.

Your universities better start investing in participation medals and safe spaces.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#7
...of course you do, Junior.
 
EagleSmack
#8
Is your brain freezing up there?
 
mentalfloss
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

We don't want any more Flossies.....Bite your tongue!!!!

We're building a wall and kicking out you hillbillies.
 
EagleSmack
#10
It won't be the hillbillies that will be going up there...it will be our whinny liberal snowflakes. You can have them all!

You don't think our MIT and CalTech caliber students will be going up there now do you?

Great thread by the way.
 
mentalfloss
#11
Uh huh.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#12
They might not like it here either when Kevin gets elected. At least we will have a real conservative and not a pretend one.
 
davesmom
+1
#13
Canada takes in and welcomes all the whiners, misfits and troublemakers. Nothing new there.
It was the conscientious objectors and now it's the pc brainwashed students. Trudeau will cry some happy tears to have them aboard. More support for his useless 'gender equality' and feminism.
 
mentalfloss
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

They might not like it here either when Kevin gets elected. At least we will have a real conservative and not a pretend one.

Well I'm sure he will have no problem with condoning racism.
 
EagleSmack
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Uh huh.

What's the matter?

Just make sure you're ready to give these precious snowflakes plenty of safe spaces, puppies during midterms and finals, and counseling.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Well I'm sure he will have no problem with condoning racism.

Nah. He's not a social conservative like the Trumpites. He's smart....and he's actually conservative. My only hope is that tards like Das and Loc will shut up. When people like them open their mouths, the conservative parties generally lose votes.
 
EagleSmack
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Well I'm sure he will have no problem with condoning racism.

As a matter of fact our precious snowflakes are racist as can be. Notice they said they want to go to Canada and not Mexico. I think they'll fit in!

Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

Canada takes in and welcomes all the whiners, misfits and troublemakers. Nothing new there.
It was the conscientious objectors and now it's the pc brainwashed students. Trudeau will cry some happy tears to have them aboard. More support for his useless 'gender equality' and feminism.

Oh man... oh man I want this to happen BAD. Sadly the only enrollment figure I could find was that in 2014 a measly 9,000 U.S students enrolled in Canadian colleges.

9,000!

That needs to triple... quadruple even.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#18
I'd rather live in Canada than Mexico. It's a wealthier country. People that aren't stupid understand stuff like that.
 
EagleSmack
#19
Well our precious snowflakes say they want Canada (as an alternate of course) because they only like Mexicans when they are spreading mulch. Those U.S liberals choosing Canada as a second are racist as can be.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I'd rather live in Canada than Mexico. It's a wealthier country. People that aren't stupid understand stuff like that.

As I said.
 
EagleSmack
#21
Seriously though... you don't think they're going up there for a better education do you?
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#22
I have no opinion as to why they are coming here. I'm just making fun of you because you're a simpleton.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

They obviously want a better education.


Canada > America


After Trump's win, more U.S. students consider university in Canada

For some college-bound students distressed by the U.S. election of Donald Trump, Canadian universities are calling.

Universities from Quebec to British Columbia say applications and website traffic from the United States have been surging since Trump's victory Nov. 8. Although many Canadian schools had also ramped up recruiting in the U.S. recently, some say dismay over the presidential election has fuelled a spike in interest beyond their expectations.

Lara Godoff, a 17-year-old from Napa, Calif., said she scrapped any notion of staying in the U.S. the day after the election. Among other concerns, Godoff, a Democrat, said she fears the Republic president-elect's administration will ease enforcement of federal rules against sexual assault, making campuses less safe for women.

Godoff had applied to one university in Canada, but added three more as safety schools after the election.

"If we live in a country where so many people could elect Donald Trump, then that's not a country I want to live in," she said.

After Trump's win, more U.S. students consider university in Canada - Manitoba - CBC News

That is not the class of person we want to come to Canada.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

As a matter of fact our precious snowflakes are racist as can be. Notice they said they want to go to Canada and not Mexico. I think they'll fit in!



Oh man... oh man I want this to happen BAD. Sadly the only enrollment figure I could find was that in 2014 a measly 9,000 U.S students enrolled in Canadian colleges.

9,000!

That needs to triple... quadruple even.

Just tell them Canada supports Israel. That will keep the snowflakes and even the garden variety flakes south of the border.
 
Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh this would be wonderful!

You get all of our snowflakes and crybabies!

Yeah they're snowflakes. Repeat after me, " the snowflakes", "the snowflakes", " the snowflakes". There ya go mister originality it's the new favorite word. You use it well.
 
petros
#25
Too funny. We have no room for Yanks.
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

They obviously want a better education.


Canada > America


After Trump's win, more U.S. students consider university in Canada

For some college-bound students distressed by the U.S. election of Donald Trump, Canadian universities are calling.

Universities from Quebec to British Columbia say applications and website traffic from the United States have been surging since Trump's victory Nov. 8. Although many Canadian schools had also ramped up recruiting in the U.S. recently, some say dismay over the presidential election has fuelled a spike in interest beyond their expectations.

Lara Godoff, a 17-year-old from Napa, Calif., said she scrapped any notion of staying in the U.S. the day after the election. Among other concerns, Godoff, a Democrat, said she fears the Republic president-elect's administration will ease enforcement of federal rules against sexual assault, making campuses less safe for women.

Godoff had applied to one university in Canada, but added three more as safety schools after the election.

"If we live in a country where so many people could elect Donald Trump, then that's not a country I want to live in," she said.

No surprise her kind would rather live in a country that elected a two-time college drop-out, failed drama teacher and all round hipster doofus.
 
EagleSmack
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Too funny. We have no room for Yanks.

Can you please just take the whinny, needy ones that want to leave? Please?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Yeah they're snowflakes. Repeat after me, " the snowflakes", "the snowflakes", " the snowflakes". There ya go mister originality it's the new favorite word. You use it well.

Man... your depression is really manic huh?
 
Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Can you please just take the whinny, needy ones that want to leave? Please?



Man... your depression is really manic huh?

Wow. That made sense. Take your pills freak.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Too funny. We have no room for Yanks.

Oh come on. Please let us move up there and freeze our balls off.
 
EagleSmack
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Wow. That made sense. Take your pills freak.

What part didn't make sense? I'll help you out there.
 
MHz
#30
Which lucky university will be the new 'Skull & Bones' chapter??