Capitalism will save this world


Corduroy
#601
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Free markets innovated the seat belt, So your right bang on targueted as a safety feature, because diffrent manufacturing was competing to make the safest car.

Did you just make that up or do you actually know the history of the seat belt?
 
Angstrom
#602
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Did you just make that up or do you actually know the history of the seat belt?

Go ahead let's have it.

American car manufacturers Nash (in 1949) and Ford (in 1955) offered seat belts as options, while Swedish Saab first introduced seat belts as standard in 1958.[7] After the Saab GT 750 was introduced at the New York Motor Show in 1958 with safety belts fitted as standard, the practice became commonplace.[8]
 
Corduroy
#603
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Go ahead let's have it.

I don't know the history of the seat belt. As it turns out, I'm not the one pretending that I do either.
 
Angstrom
#604
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

I don't know the history of the seat belt. As it turns out, I'm not the one pretending that I do either.

Nice bluff
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_belt
But I called it
 
Corduroy
#605
Do you think you've answered my question?
 
Angstrom
#606
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Do you think you've answered my question?


American car manufacturers Nash (in 1949) and Ford (in 1955) offered seat belts as options, while Swedish Saab first introduced seat belts as standard in 1958.[7] After the Saab GT 750 was introduced at the New York Motor Show in 1958 with safety belts fitted as standard, the practice became commonplace.[8]

Shall we look at airbags too?
 
Corduroy
#607
Still doesn't answer my question.
 
Angstrom
#608
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Still doesn't answer my question.

I didn't need too, I already knew capitalism had innovated the seat belt in a car. based on my mental equation.
 
Corduroy
-1
#609
Capitalism didn't innovate the seat belt. See, you made it up because you base your opinions on ignorance, and then when you looked it up, you failed to notice there wasn't any evidence that capitalism innovated the seat belt. You should stop doing that. Makes you believe ridiculous things.

I wouldn't deny that capitalism has motivated innovation, but your philosophy shouldn't be so clownish that you attribute everything to it. Capitalism isn't God. The free hand of the market is a joke. Use some sense.
 
HarperCons
#610
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Free markets innovated the seat belt, So your right bang on targueted as a safety feature, because diffrent manufacturing was competing to make the safest car. And that's because safety is a feature that is attractive for buyers.

So a safer car would achieve more sells, stimulating innovation to make cars safer

If safety is not importent to you buy a ladda.

is there anything you think capitalism didn't invent?
 
Angstrom
#611
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

is there anything you think capitalism didn't invent?

It's not that capitalism has specifically invented anything, but more specifically that it has made it accessible to the large general public. A innovation is useless if everyone can't buy it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Capitalism didn't innovate the seat belt. See, you made it up because you base your opinions on ignorance, and then when you looked it up, you failed to notice there wasn't any evidence that capitalism innovated the seat belt. You should stop doing that. Makes you believe ridiculous things.

I wouldn't deny that capitalism has motivated innovation, but your philosophy shouldn't be so clownish that you attribute everything to it. Capitalism isn't God. The free hand of the market is a joke. Use some sense.

Sure, I see your point but capitalism is not so gloom and doom like you socialist make it out to be, and that's why I'm over compensating positively for your negetive over compensating and creating a balence.

In other words you look as silly to me as I'm looking silly to you.
 
Ludlow
#612
naw it'll destroy it
 
Corduroy
#613
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

It's not that capitalism has specifically invented anything, but more specifically that it has made it accessible to the large general public. A innovation is useless if everyone can't buy it.



Sure, I see your point but capitalism is not so gloom and doom like you socialist make it out to be, and that's why I'm over compensating positively for your negetive over compensating and creating a balence.

In other words you look as silly to me as I'm looking silly to you.

I would hardly describe myself as doom and gloom, but if you were interested in a serious conversation, I can back up my negative opinions of capitalism with evidence. I'm not making up any of the things I say, whereas this seat belt thing came out of nowhere and when you tried to back it up after the fact, you came up with one cherry picked paragraph from wikipedia, which didn't even prove your case.

Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

is there anything you think capitalism didn't invent?

I'm waiting for someone to joke that capitalism invented communism, then I can be like... well... I have some light reading for you

 
Tecumsehsbones
#614
Capitalism innovated the game of chest.
 
Corduroy
#615
And Jenga to teach kids how the banking system works.
 
petros
#616
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

If that's the penultimate, what's the ultimate?

Ruling by the barrel of a gun says Mao.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Capitalism didn't innovate the seat belt. See, you made it up because you base your opinions on ignorance, and then when you looked it up, you failed to notice there wasn't any evidence that capitalism innovated the seat belt. You should stop doing that. Makes you believe ridiculous things.

I wouldn't deny that capitalism has motivated innovation, but your philosophy shouldn't be so clownish that you attribute everything to it. Capitalism isn't God. The free hand of the market is a joke. Use some sense.

I believe it was Ford who offered the option which became so popular it became a standard feature.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#617
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Ruling by the barrel of a gun says Mao.

That's not what he said.



Quote:

I believe it was Ford who offered the option which became so popular it became a standard feature.

Then again, you believe all kinds of stupid sh*t.
 
petros
#618
Stupid facts are sh-t? Go lick up some more tranny fats.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#619
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Stupid facts are sh-t?

You wouldn't recognize a fact if it bit you on the a*s.

Quote:

Go like lick up more tranny fats.

"Go like lick up more tranny fats." Yep, that's what he wrote.
 
petros
#620
Ford had consulted with Cornell, conducted crash tests, and invested millions in developing a package of safety features called Life Guard Design. They demonstrated the results of their safety improvements with crash tests conducted with test dummies on new Fairlanes — and hoped that other manufacturers would join them in making cars safer. The heavily advertised Life Guard package, which included front and rear lap belts, was marketed to purchasers of 1956 Fords as a way to protect themselves and their families. Any number of engineers and inventors had contributed to the safety features. The two-point, quick release AutoCrat Safety Belt Ford used, for example, has been credited to William Myron Moe and brothers Kenneth and Bob Ligon.

As Ford stressed safety, GM continued using appealing ladies to advertise power under the hood. The buying public concluded that if Ford had to add so many safety features to its cars, they must have been more dangerous than other cars. Ford saw its sales plummet, with Chevrolet taking a convincing lead. That prompted Henry Ford II to say, "McNamara [Ford's President] is selling safety, but Chevrolet is selling cars." Ford's safety campaign had been a disaster; safety didn't sell. Ford shifted its ad campaign and did not offer seat belts as standard equipment in its '57 models.
 
Angstrom
#621
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

I would hardly describe myself as doom and gloom, but if you were interested in a serious conversation, I can back up my negative opinions of capitalism with evidence. I'm not making up any of the things I say, whereas this seat belt thing came out of nowhere and when you tried to back it up after the fact, you came up with one cherry picked paragraph from wikipedia, which didn't even prove your case.



I'm waiting for someone to joke that capitalism invented communism, then I can be like... well... I have some light reading for you

You haven't made one argument that I would call"solid" against capitalism yet.
 
petros
#622
She can't. Anyone who sells their labour and skills in the Capitalist world can't. It's impossible unless she does nothing but volunteer.
 
Angstrom
#623
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

She can't. Anyone who sells their labour and skills in the Capitalist world can't. It's impossible unless she does nothing but volunteer.

She can try to prove it and be a hypocrite.
 
DaSleeper
#624
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

She can't. Anyone who sells their labour and skills in the Capitalist world can't. It's impossible unless she does nothing but volunteer.

The people arguing here have never figured out that the merry go round they are on will never get anywhere.....
 
Angstrom
#625
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

The people arguing here have never figured out that the merry go round they are on will never get anywhere.....

And this is a problem how?
 
HarperCons
#626
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

A innovation is useless if everyone can't buy it.

a sentence which perfectly rebuttals anyone who thinks capitalism is the captain of innovation, thank you.
 
Angstrom
#627
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

a sentence which perfectly rebuttals anyone who thinks capitalism is the captain of innovation, thank you.

So your saying innovation is only good when restricted to the elite?

How very communist of you.
 
HarperCons
#628
you can only reap the rewards of capitalism if you can afford it, is what i am saying.
 
Angstrom
+2
#629
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

you can only reap the rewards of capitalism if you can afford it, is what i am saying.

It's not to difficult. Knowledge is power. keep adding to your Knowlage base everyday. It adds up, over a lifetime.


The worst thing you could do to yourself is sit idle.

When you become the best at what you have chosen, you become valuable. Because the whole system is based on competition.
 
HarperCons
#630
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

It's not to difficult. Knowledge is power. keep adding to your Knowlage base everyday. It adds up, over a lifetime.


The worst thing you could do to yourself is sit idle.

When you become the best at what you have chosen, you become valuable. Because the whole system is based on competition.

who are the designers , the 0.01% competing with?
 

Similar Threads

8
How to save the world
by I think not | Nov 2nd, 2010
348
7 Ways to Save the World
by I think not | Nov 1st, 2010
73
Socialists Will Save The World
by darkbeaver | Apr 21st, 2007