Ontario building 500 electric vehicle charging stations in 250 locations in 2017

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Maybe it's time for liberals to go for 12-16 years

As long as conservatives dont attack Labour laws, I dont see why they can't get in a nice long comfy term. But like Harper, they need to choose, and be clear on their battles. And not pick the wrong ones like Hudat

That guy writes the book on what not to do in politics

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
lone wolf
Free Thinker
I'm still not entirely convinced Hudak didn't take a dive so Wynne's compulsive nature could finish a dirty job left in limbo with the death of Ontario Hydro

Nick Danger
+1 / -1
You know, it's not too hard to visualize fossil fuel burners becoming the modern day version of the cigarette smoker, fiercely clutching their right to continue with an outdated status quo in the face of continually growing resistance to their actions.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
It's not too hard to see Princess Pinwheel's focus on agenda outlawing used car sales just to provide customers for her market. She's done everything else sneaky and underhanded....

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

You know, it's not too hard to visualize fossil fuel burners becoming the modern day version of the cigarette smoker, fiercely clutching their right to continue with an outdated status quo in the face of continually growing resistance to their actions.

Meanwhile, all electric cars do is trade one problem for another.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Meanwhile, all electric cars do is trade one problem for another.

Not for a crusader like Floss who don't really care about achieving success in the cause.
Who Only seek the glory of their personal worth in this environmental fight.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Not for a crusader like Floss who don't really care about the cause. Only the glory of their personal worth as the real goal in this environmental fight.

Flossy wouldn't care if it did anything. If his Liberal heros spouts that they are going to change the sky colour to green, he would be going on about how great it is to have green sky.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Flossy wouldn't care if it did anything. If his Liberal heros spouts that they are going to change the sky colour to green, he would be going on about how great it is to have green sky.

He has made this about his personal legacy.
It's called crusaderism. It's for his personal satisfaction. Not about the cause.
Last edited by Angstrom; Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:04 PM..

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Wynne Green is Solyent Green

pgs
Free Thinker

So you drive an electric vehicle , good for you , how does it handle the Coq . ?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Analfloss is what is known as a useful idiot. Gaia worship is the leftie's religion.

Nick Danger
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

So you drive an electric vehicle , good for you , how does it handle the Coq . ?

Did I say that? What I am saying is that you'd have to be blind not to see the way public sentiment is flowing, how else would you explain the lack of progress on things like pipelines?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
The public hears politicians prattle and knows the true worth of the words. If you're only going to half-azz it, why bother at all?

DaSleeper

He means "Do as I say, not as I do"
It's the prog way dontchano.......

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Did I say that? What I am saying is that you'd have to be blind not to see the way public sentiment is flowing, how else would you explain the lack of progress on things like pipelines?

I sure don't see any less pickup trucks driving around the lower mainland .
People will change their tune on pipelines when there is no gas at the station .

MHz
For $75-150K I want to plug it in at home so it is charged in the morning and low at night.

I sure don't see any less pickup trucks driving around the lower mainland .
People will change their tune on pipelines when there is no gas at the station .

Electric drive with 4 motors, 1 on each wheel. True 4x4 performance but a range of 200k/day

taxslave
Free Thinker

Public sentiment Is not always in the public's best interest.

Electric cars are good for the hotel business since even the best ones have to stop every couple of hundred miles and get recharged. What I'm wondering is how they expect to get fresh food from California to Canada with trucks that need nearly their legal weight in batteries to make the trip or spend weeks on the road.

I can see it now :"Here you go sir, the three oranges you ordered last month. That will be $2759 for freight, BTW could I plug my truck in cor a couple of hours so I can get back to the yard?"

Walter
Reminds me of this ON boondoggle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newmarket_Canal

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Electric cars are good for the hotel business since even the best ones have to stop every couple of hundred miles and get recharged. What I'm wondering is how they expect to get fresh food from California to Canada with trucks that need nearly their legal weight in batteries to make the trip or spend weeks on the road.

I can see it now :"Here you go sir, the three oranges you ordered last month. That will be $2759 for freight, BTW could I plug my truck in cor a couple of hours so I can get back to the yard?"

That's ok, because they are green. They will get tax credit under the Carbon taxes so the government will subsidizes the freight costs.

And the subsidy will be payed by companies who pollute. And once all the companies stop polluting. The costs of operation will have be given to the consumers.

Nick Danger

That is true, but public sentiment is what drives the political machine. Don't get me wrong, I'm neither here nor there on the whole sustainable warming fossil climate thing, I've got good reasons to be on both sides of the fence. I'm just saying that the man-in-the-street opinions are leaning more and more towards the sentiment that the days are numbered for the burning of fossil fuels and be that an informed position or not, for many that means resisting any moves big oil might make to secure their future. I don't see it as a particularly intelligent position, and I think there is a lot of hypocrisy coming from people who drive their big Buicks to the polling station to mark their 'X' beside someone who spent their campaign money espousing the wisdom of David Suzuki. But like it or not, everybody gets a vote, and it is the nature of a politician to kowtow to anyone with a vote. And for the moment, given the dismal lack of progress on most pipeline projects I would say that the environmental vote has the politicians' ears, and there aren't a lot of reason to expect that sentiment to change.

petros
There is no prestige or practicality in owning an EV.

Nick Danger
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

There is no prestige or practicality in owning an EV.

Still, for a relatively new technology, EV's are showing an impressive curve of increasing unit sales. As of December 2015, there were over 400,000 highway capable, plug-in electric vehicles on the road in the US. And pre-orders for the Tesla Model 3, number at least that already. We're talking about a technology that has been widely available for what, four or five years now? Is there any reason to suspect this trend will not continue?

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

Still, for a relatively new technology, EV's are showing an impressive curve of increasing unit sales. As of December 2015, there were over 400,000 highway capable, plug-in electric vehicles on the road in the US. And pre-orders for the Tesla Model 3, number at least that already. We're talking about a technology that has been widely available for what, four or five years now? Is there any reason to suspect this trend will not continue?

No your right stupidity is definitely on the rise. I can't see that trend changing. Good point.

Danbones
Free Thinker
electric cars!
all reet!
break out the coal fired hamsters!
and the nuclear river that's plugged into the frakking fault line!
You'll get a real $charge$ out of this news:
we gonna have green cars!
...and $$$Charging Stations$$$!!!

Say, where we going to put the batteries when they cack out?
(That's why its called green energy, that's the color kids turn when they drink the ground water)
any one remember Pierre Eliot Trudeau Rips Of CANada?

edit to add:
"Vehicle charging stations"...so the vehicles being driverless, will have their own bank cards...?
untouched by human hands
Last edited by Danbones; Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:25 PM..

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Can you tell me how, with Ontario's deficit, they can afford to build these stations?

Have you seen what they charging for Hydro?

Duh!

This will be moved by unicorn drawn wagons.

mentalfloss
+1

They don't like facts here.

They'd rather you just call them douchebags.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

This will be moved by unicorn drawn wagons.

I was told that they will be powered by the smell of freshly baked cinnamon buns and the soft purrs of little kittens

Nick Danger
You could be on to something there with the freshly baked kittens. Definitely a renewable resource in my neighbourhood.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

They don't like facts here.

Irony, thy name is mentalfloss.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+2
Have you seen a Lithium Ion mining operation?
Look it up

Can't wait for them to mass produce these cars.
You think we are destroying the earth now?