War, something we can be so proud of :roll:

gerryh
+1
In the photograph that made Kim Phuc a living symbol of the Vietnam War, her burns aren’t visible – only her agony as she runs wailing toward the camera, her arms flung away from her body, naked because she has ripped off her burning clothes.

More than 40 years later she can hide the scars beneath long sleeves, but a single tear down her otherwise radiant face betrays the pain she has endured since that errant napalm strike in 1972.

‘Napalm girl’ undergoing laser treatments to ease pain, decades later - National | Globalnews.ca

AnnaG
IMO, anyone that wages war or wants to inflict damage on other people should experience that sort of pain their entire lives.

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

IMO, anyone that wages war or wants to inflict damage on other people should experience that sort of pain their entire lives.

I know. Those bloody Yanks should never have waged war against the British in the late 1700s. The Americans should now be forced to experience pain their entire lives.

Walter
+2
We will always have war as long as we have politics. As von Clausewitz famously said, "War is the continuation of politics by other means."

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

We will always have war as long as we have politics. As von Clausewitz famously said, "War is the continuation of politics by other means."

Nothing like a misquote to prove your ignorance.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Nothing like a misquote to prove your ignorance.

You being a law guy will correct it.

Tecumsehsbones

You being a law guy will correct it.

No, I'm pretty content with you being a retard.

Walter

No, I'm pretty content with you being a retard.

So, my quotation is correct, thanks.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

So, my quotation is correct, thanks.

Keep telling yourself that.

Walter
+1

Keep telling yourself that.

It's big of you to own up to your error.

Twila
+1
ffs,

Here is the quote in its' entirety.

We see, therefore, that war is not merely an act of policy but a true political instrument, a continuation of political intercourse, carried on with other means. What remains peculiar to war is simply the peculiar nature of its means. War in general, and the commander in any specific instance, is entitled to require that the trend and designs of policy shall not be inconsistent with these means. That, of course, is no small demand; but however much it may affect political aims in a given case, it will never do more than modify them. The political object is the goal, war is the means of reaching it, and means can never be considered in isolation from their purpose.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I know. Those bloody Yanks should never have waged war against the British in the late 1700s. The Americans should now be forced to experience pain their entire lives.

The fact is the briddish army was waging war on the citizens of NA. You really need to find some proper history books instead of your briddish storys.

Danbones
how about :
"war is a racket"
by Smedley Butler
( the marine corps commander who the bush clan wanted to run an armed coup on washington )

Ludlow
schmedley is a nice name

if I ever get me a dog I'm gonna name him schmedley

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

ffs,

Here is the quote in its' entirety.

We see, therefore, that war is not merely an act of policy but a true political instrument, a continuation of political intercourse, carried on with other means. What remains peculiar to war is simply the peculiar nature of its means. War in general, and the commander in any specific instance, is entitled to require that the trend and designs of policy shall not be inconsistent with these means. That, of course, is no small demand; but however much it may affect political aims in a given case, it will never do more than modify them. The political object is the goal, war is the means of reaching it, and means can never be considered in isolation from their purpose.

The original was in German.

Tecumsehsbones

The original was in German.

Thank you for admitting you're retarded.

Walter

Thank you for admitting you're retarded.

Owned again, as always, Chingatchgook.

Tecumsehsbones

Owned again, as always, Chingatchgook.

By a misquote and a complete failure to understand, again, retard.

Walter
I see I have a roomie in yer head. Hey, Boomer, lots o' room in here.

gerryh

and what's your point, wally, besides the one on the top of your head? Is that war is a fact of life so we should just live with it?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

and what's your point, wally, besides the one on the top of your head? Is that war is a fact of life so we should just live with it?

Utopia is a fiction, evil is not.

gerryh

Utopia is a fiction, evil is not.

and at one time "democracy" was a "fiction".

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

and at one time "democracy" was a "fiction".

When?

Tecumsehsbones

I see I have a roomie in yer head. Hey, Boomer, lots o' room in here.

Thank you for admitting you have no idea what you're talking about.

Ludlow
+1
<wonders if there was ever a time in human history where there were no wars.

HarperCons
War is a by-product of capitalism.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

War is a by-product of capitalism.

uh,,,yeah. ok.

HarperCons
"When there is no need or greed for the pursuit of capital, there's no need for war" - Harpercon 2015

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

"When there is no need or greed for the pursuit of capital, there's no need for war" - Harpercon 2015

wrong...oh so wrong.

When?

Feudal Europe.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

They do. You're here nagging aren't you?