Montreal Canadiens start to a Perfect Season

Frankiedoodle
One of the most wonderful days of the year, the first night of a new NHL season, was tonight.

To no one's surprise the Canadiens beat the Leafs.

I know that few believe our season will be undefeated but just wait and see.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
1-81 is still possible. Here's hoping.

Beating the Leafs is no accomplishment.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankiedoodle View Post

One of the most wonderful days of the year, the first night of a new NHL season, was tonight.

To no one's surprise the Canadiens beat the Leafs.

I know that few believe our season will be undefeated but just wait and see.

No problem, just 81 more to go!

Canucks are headed the same way, I can see it all now Canucks vs. Habs for Stanley Cup!

Frankiedoodle
The Leafs have no reason to hang their heads. Mike Babcock looked splendid in his 3-piece suit. Plus he won the first Coach's Challenge. Well, I guess there is always next year.

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

1-81 is still possible. Here's hoping.

Beating the Leafs is no accomplishment.

For Montreal on opening night it is. They are 2-4-1 against TO on opening night.

TenPenny
Bernier kept up his record.

I think the opposing players must have a draw to see who gets the first goal, I mean first shot, on Bernier. First shot in every game is almost a guaranteed goal.

Frankiedoodle
To those doubters (but not to me) After one week of play, Montreal is still undefeated. On our way to the perfect season.

JLM

To those doubters (but not to me) After one week of play, Montreal is still undefeated. On our way to the perfect season.

Yeah, the Canucks did too but it fizzled out in the second game. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Habs went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Frankiedoodle
Sounds like Montreal is up to 4 wins. That means only 78 wins to go until our perfect regular season, Then we'll think about the playoffs.

JLM

Sounds like Montreal is up to 4 wins. That means only 78 wins to go until our perfect regular season, Then we'll think about the playoffs.

If they can win 60 games I'd be happy with their performance, same with the Canucks!

talloola

way to stay in the moment, lol

Frankiedoodle
Now the Canadiens are up to 6 - 0. No one believes me when I say that it will be 0 losses. Only 76 games to go.

PoliticalNick

Now the Canadiens are up to 6 - 0. No one believes me when I say that it will be 0 losses. Only 76 games to go.

They have these really cool coats with straps on the arms for people as delusional as you.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

They have these really cool coats with straps on the arms for people as delusional as you.

Go Habs go! If they took the Eastern Conference and ended up second overall that would suit me alright!

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Go Habs go! If they took the Eastern Conference and ended up second overall that would suit me alright!

I'd always cheer for a Canadian team in the final....except the Leafs....just can't bring myself to cheer on the Leafs.

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

I'd always cheer for a Canadian team in the final....except the Leafs....just can't bring myself to cheer on the Leafs.

Frankiedoodle
JLM what does it take for a team to have a perfect season. No loses. How many loses have the Canadiens had this season. That's right, no loses. Still possible to have a perfect season.

JLM

JLM what does it take for a team to have a perfect season. No loses. How many loses have the Canadiens had this season. That's right, no loses. Still possible to have a perfect season.

Not sure where I've voiced disagreement with that. Will add however I bet it would be a first.

damngrumpy
Too early to tell yet based on a game or two. As a Habs fan for over sixty years
I hope you are right.

spaminator