Donald Trump Announces 2016 White House Bid


Serryah
#3541
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I’m sure we’ll know before the 4th, they’ll call a Trump victory before 11pm on the 3rd.


Isn't what they predicted about Hillary?

How'd that go?
 
Walter
#3542
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Isn't what they predicted about Hillary?

How'd that go?

Polls said Mrs. Clinton would win. Polls right now say Trump will lose.
 
AnnaEmber
+1
#3543
meh Elections don't mean anything if people can rig the Electoral College.
 
Walter
#3544
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

meh Elections don't mean anything if people can rig the Electoral College.

Can they?
 
AnnaEmber
-1
#3545
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Can they?

Apparently. The EC is composed of about 540 electors. All you need to do is pay enough money to make up a tad more than half. Or con them.
 
JLM
+2 / -1
#3546
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Millions and millions ... Your hero is widely reviled. It would be like levelling Hitler's Eagles Nest.


Trump is popular for the right reasons and unpopular for the wrong reasons. He don't always talk nice, and people don't like that, they like to be sucked in by people who talk nice. Actions with Trump is a different story- when he says he's going to do something he generally goes ahead and does it.
 
JLM
+2 / -1
#3547
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Apparently. The EC is composed of about 540 electors. All you need to do is pay enough money to make up a tad more than half. Or con them.


And each one of those colleges has a couple of hundred thousand voters...…………….. a lot of conning to do! But go your best lick!
 
Curious Cdn
#3548
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Trump is popular for the right reasons and unpopular for the wrong reasons. He don't always talk nice, and people don't like that, they like to be sucked in by people who talk nice. Actions with Trump is a different story- when he says he's going to do something he generally goes ahead and does it.

He makes you feel all warm and cuddly. We all know that.
 
JLM
-1
#3549
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

He makes you feel all warm and cuddly. We all know that.


Yeah, that pretty well sums it up!
 
Curious Cdn
+2 / -1
#3550
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yeah, that pretty well sums it up!

Did your Teddy bear have oranage fur and a big mouth when you were a baby?
 
Cliffy
#3551
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Did your Teddy bear have oranage fur and a big mouth when you were a baby?


 
taxslave
+2
#3552
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

He makes you feel all warm and cuddly. We all know that.

He makes leftards pee their panties. That is what makes him so good.
 
Curious Cdn
#3553
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

He makes leftards pee their panties. That is what makes him so good.

That's a pretty weird thing for him to do.
 
Cannuck
#3554
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

He makes leftards pee their panties. That is what makes him so good.

Yes, because that’s the most important thing
 
taxslave
+1
#3555
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That's a pretty weird thing for him to do.

Leftys are pretty wierd.
 
AnnaEmber
#3556
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

And each one of those colleges has a couple of hundred thousand voters...…………….. a lot of conning to do! But go your best lick!

Nope. Most voters have already decided who they want by that time. All you have to do is convince a few more to get to a little more than half. And if only your favoured voters vote, its a shoe-in. As it happens, Trump conned enough people to do just that. And Canadians are too effing gullible and that's how Turdeau got in.
 
AnnaEmber
#3557
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Did your Teddy bear have oranage fur and a big mouth when you were a baby?

haha
 
Hoid
+1
#3558
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Nope. Most voters have already decided who they want by that time. All you have to do is convince a few more to get to a little more than half. And if only your favoured voters vote, its a shoe-in. As it happens, Trump conned enough people to do just that. And Canadians are too effing gullible and that's how Turdeau got in.

actually if you can get a few less of them to vote you can get a majority also

this is how it works in america at the moment.
 
AnnaEmber
-1
#3559
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

He makes leftards pee their panties. That is what makes him so good.

lol Trump's a Trumplican. He is fiscally liberal, crony capitalist, with the maturity of a 4 year old boy and the stability of a teenaged girl.
 
AnnaEmber
#3560
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

actually if you can get a few less of them to vote you can get a majority also

this is how it works in america at the moment.

True nuff.
 
spilledthebeer
#3561
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

And each one of those colleges has a couple of hundred thousand voters...…………….. a lot of conning to do! But go your best lick!


Actually I have heard it suggested that rigging elections..........................


MIGHT NOT BE THAT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The example I was given was for Cdn elections.......................


but the principle is the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Consider the Cdn version...............................


last time around - 338 ridings - to each to elect one MP naturally........................................


so start by eliminating ridings where you KNOW your candidate is going to win........................................



no need to mess around there................................



then eliminate ridings where you KNOW your opponent has a sure thing...........................


because there might be questions asked if the results looked TO WEIRD..............................


focus ONLY ON the swing ridings....................................


where the race is TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Look for ridings that could go either way.........................................


and can be influenced by just a few votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


THEN CONSIDER......................................


in the last election our Cdn govt...........................................


reportedly handed out tens of thousands of voter registration cards..........................


to people WHO WERE DEAD....................................


but those people ROSE FROM THE GRAVE TO VOTE ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The potential for FRAUD IS GRAVE..................................


no pardon for the little pun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Then consider that LIE-berals have magically imported 60,000.......................................


mostly Syrian Muslims into Canada................................


and made them SWIFTLY into citizens who will VOTE LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And the Muslims HATE Yankees and anybody who supports Yankees................................


as our Conservative party tends to do............................................


so Our idiot Boy BOUGHT 60,000 ANTI Conservative voters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Then consider that LIE-berals have apparently issued hundreds or even thousands of voter registration cards.......................


TO ILLEGALS who DO NOT HAVE STATUS in our elections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!


And we KNOW that illegals and a lot of ethnic groups are demanding OPEN BORDERS................................


that LIE-berals want to deliver to them.............................................. .


IN EXCHANGE FOR VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!


Then consider the SLIMY LIE-beral habit of allowing "vouching"..........................


in which total strangers WITH NO ID are "vouched for" by civil service union HOGS..........................


who all HATE Conservative govt.....................................


and now we ask what effect vouching WILL HAVE on tight races in swing ridings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And finally...........................................


ask how hard it would be simply to BRIBE OR THREATEN OR TRICK........................................


a couple of HOGS who HATE Conservatives anyway....................................


and they are standing guard over a not yet.........................................


fully registered and not officially counted box of ballots........................................... ....


and consider how long it would take to switch an official box...............................


with the one YOU HAVE PREPARED on behalf of a "special client"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thank you LIE-berals.................................


for CONTAMINATING OUR NATION........................................


and ENCOURAGING..............................



so many thieves and cheats and liars and TAX SCAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
 
spaminator
#3562
Sharpie-gate? Trump shows apparently altered Hurricane Dorian map
Reuters
Published:
September 4, 2019
Updated:
September 4, 2019 10:23 PM EDT
President Donald Trump holds a chart showing the original projected track of Hurricane Dorian that appears to have been extended with a black line to include parts of the Florida panhandle and of the state of Alabama during a status report meeting on the hurricane in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, U.S., September 4, 2019. (REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst)
WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump showed a map of Hurricane Dorian’s projected path on Wednesday that appeared to have been altered with a Sharpie pen to include the state of Alabama, which was never in harm’s way.
In a White House video released on Wednesday Trump points to an official weather chart dated Aug. 29 showing the states that could be hit in what the National Hurricane Center calls the “cone of uncertainty.” A curved line had been added to the cone on the chart to show a risk that Dorian could move from Florida to Alabama.
“It was going to hit not only Florida, but Georgia, it could have, it was going towards the Gulf, that was what we, what was originally projected…,” Trump says in the video.
Dorian was never projected to be heading toward the Gulf of Mexico, where Alabama has a coastline.
Trump at the weekend in a tweet had named Alabama as one of the states that could be hit. The National Weather Service denied that in its own tweet 20 minutes later.
“Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east,” the National Weather Service in Alabama tweeted.
When reporters later asked Trump whether the chart had been drawn on with a Sharpie pen, the president said: “I don’t know; I don’t know.”

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/1169300628000124929
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/sha...ane-dorian-map
 
Serryah
#3563
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Sharpie-gate? Trump shows apparently altered Hurricane Dorian map
Reuters
Published:
September 4, 2019
Updated:
September 4, 2019 10:23 PM EDT
President Donald Trump holds a chart showing the original projected track of Hurricane Dorian that appears to have been extended with a black line to include parts of the Florida panhandle and of the state of Alabama during a status report meeting on the hurricane in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, U.S., September 4, 2019. (REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst)
WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump showed a map of Hurricane Dorian’s projected path on Wednesday that appeared to have been altered with a Sharpie pen to include the state of Alabama, which was never in harm’s way.
In a White House video released on Wednesday Trump points to an official weather chart dated Aug. 29 showing the states that could be hit in what the National Hurricane Center calls the “cone of uncertainty.” A curved line had been added to the cone on the chart to show a risk that Dorian could move from Florida to Alabama.
“It was going to hit not only Florida, but Georgia, it could have, it was going towards the Gulf, that was what we, what was originally projected…,” Trump says in the video.
Dorian was never projected to be heading toward the Gulf of Mexico, where Alabama has a coastline.
Trump at the weekend in a tweet had named Alabama as one of the states that could be hit. The National Weather Service denied that in its own tweet 20 minutes later.
“Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east,” the National Weather Service in Alabama tweeted.
When reporters later asked Trump whether the chart had been drawn on with a Sharpie pen, the president said: “I don’t know; I don’t know.”

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/1169300628000124929
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/sha...ane-dorian-map


What's more worrisome to me is his obsession over trying to prove he was right and having someone say he was.


Even if he was sort of maybe right - as in, initial indications four days previously said it had a chance of hitting Alabama - the updated info shows the course change.


He's so INSISTANT on being right he'll fight tooth and nail to be so to me it's more of a sign of just how unstable he is.


Also, the whole sharpie thing, if he had even done the sharpie curve RIGHT it would have included Alabama. But that's my OCD showing. That sideways bump annoys me.
 
spaminator
#3564
Trump doubles down on Hurricane Dorian's aim for Alabama
Reuters
Published:
September 5, 2019
Updated:
September 5, 2019 10:05 PM EDT
President Donald Trump holds a chart showing the original projected track of Hurricane Dorian that appears to have been extended with a black line to include parts of the Florida panhandle and of the state of Alabama during a status report meeting on the hurricane in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, U.S., September 4, 2019. (REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst)
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump, not someone who easily lets things go, doubled down on Thursday on his insistence that Alabama could have been hit by Hurricane Dorian and enlisted his top homeland security adviser to back him up.
On Wednesday, the president displayed a map of the storm’s projected path that appeared to have been altered with a Sharpie pen to include the state of Alabama, following his remarks on Sunday in which he said it could be affected by the storm.
In fact, the National Hurricane Center’s advisory on Sunday morning did not include the state, and the National Weather Service denied that Alabama would be affected after Trump suggested initial projections showed the storm heading toward the Gulf of Mexico, where Alabama has a coastline.
“Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east,” the National Weather Service in Alabama tweeted.
News reports about the discrepancies and about the apparently Sharpie-edited map exploded on social media — the term #SharpiePresident was trending on Twitter — prompting Trump to fire back.
“Just as I said, Alabama was originally projected to be hit. The Fake News denies it!” Trump, using his preferred pejorative for the media, tweeted along with a collection of maps on Thursday afternoon. “I was with you all the way Alabama. The Fake News Media was not!”
Alabama is a largely conservative state that supported the Republican Trump in the 2016 election.
Later in the day, after Trump declined to answer a question from a reporter in the Oval Office about his focus on the issue, the White House released a statement from Rear Admiral Peter Brown, the president’s homeland security and counterterrorism adviser, who said he had briefed Trump about the potential path of the storm using the NHC forecast and other models.
Brown said Trump’s comments to the press on Sunday, when he discussed Alabama during a visit to the Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters, were based on that morning’s Hurricane Dorian briefing, which included “the possibility of tropical storm force winds in southeastern Alabama.”
“In fact, from the evening of Tuesday, August 27, until the morning of Monday, September 2, forecasts from the National Hurricane Center showed the possibility of tropical storm force winds hitting parts of Alabama,” Brown wrote.
Brown noted that the forecast track “changed substantially over time” and areas that were originally seen as targets such as Puerto Rico, South Florida and the Gulf Coast experienced “minimal to no impact from Hurricane Dorian.”
Early NHS models of the hurricane last week showed roughly a dozen or so trajectories, including one that took it into the Gulf. But by Sunday, when the president discussed Alabama, the trajectories clearly showed the storm going to the Atlantic and not the Gulf of Mexico.
Representative Eddie Bernice Johnson, a Democrat from Texas who chairs the House of Representatives Committee on Science, Space and Technology, expressed concern about Trump’s actions in a letter to him on Thursday.
“In times of emergency, the American public need to have confidence in the information being provided by the White House, and misrepresentation of National Weather Service (NWS) forecasts is especially disturbing when it concerns an ongoing natural disaster that has already killed twenty people,” she wrote.





http://torontosun.com/news/world/tru...im-for-alabama
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#3565
"What's more worrisome to me is his obsession over trying to prove he was right and having someone say he was."

It's not about the hurricane. It's not about public safety. It's not about emergency preparedness.

It's all about Trump.

That's the way that narcissists see the World.

p.s. Wait a month or two and he'll be spinning how he saved America from big, bad Dorian with his cutting edge, inciteful action. He may even believe it himself, such is the nature of his psychosis.
 
spilledthebeer
#3566
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Sharpie-gate? Trump shows apparently altered Hurricane Dorian map
Reuters
Published:
September 4, 2019
Updated:
September 4, 2019 10:23 PM EDT
President Donald Trump holds a chart showing the original projected track of Hurricane Dorian that appears to have been extended with a black line to include parts of the Florida panhandle and of the state of Alabama during a status report meeting on the hurricane in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, U.S., September 4, 2019. (REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst)
WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump showed a map of Hurricane Dorian’s projected path on Wednesday that appeared to have been altered with a Sharpie pen to include the state of Alabama, which was never in harm’s way.
In a White House video released on Wednesday Trump points to an official weather chart dated Aug. 29 showing the states that could be hit in what the National Hurricane Center calls the “cone of uncertainty.” A curved line had been added to the cone on the chart to show a risk that Dorian could move from Florida to Alabama.
“It was going to hit not only Florida, but Georgia, it could have, it was going towards the Gulf, that was what we, what was originally projected…,” Trump says in the video.
Dorian was never projected to be heading toward the Gulf of Mexico, where Alabama has a coastline.
Trump at the weekend in a tweet had named Alabama as one of the states that could be hit. The National Weather Service denied that in its own tweet 20 minutes later.
“Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east,” the National Weather Service in Alabama tweeted.
When reporters later asked Trump whether the chart had been drawn on with a Sharpie pen, the president said: “I don’t know; I don’t know.”

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/1169300628000124929
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/sha...ane-dorian-map




OH GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Some WEATHER WONK................................


MADE A GUESS...............................


using UPDATED information.......................................


regarding the possible track of the storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!


And marked the map accordingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



CALL OUT THE FBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!


CALL OUT THE CIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Call OUT THE MARINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!




Oh..........................................


wait now.......................................


they were the same people who STOOD AND WATCHED...................................


as the RUSSIANS ALLEGEDLY ELECTED Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!


Who you gonna call??????????????????????????


TRUMP BUSTERS????????????????????????????????


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
 
spaminator
#3567
Anthony Scaramucci raising PAC money to stop Trump from getting re-elected
Reuters
Published:
September 6, 2019
Updated:
September 6, 2019 7:24 PM EDT
Anthony Scaramucci, financial investor and short-lived communications director for U.S. President Donald Trump, said on Friday that he was raising money to prevent his former boss from being re-elected.
In an interview with Reuters in Toronto, Scaramucci discussed his past support for the president and the chance of another Republican running a successful campaign to unseat Trump in a primary nominating contest, which he believes is the most likely outcome.
“There’s no question. I’m raising PAC money,” he said, referring to political action committees that help raise funds for candidates. “He’s a very, very bad person, and he needs to be removed.”
Trump’s ex-communications director lasted just 11 days in the job, before he was fired as a result of an expletive-laden on-record conversation with a New Yorker reporter in which Scaramucci lambasted other senior White House staffers.
The past two weeks have seen him engage in a bitter and highly public war of words with his former boss, as the two exchanged insults on Twitter and in media interviews — a war which Scaramucci says is “just getting started. I will cross-sectionally dismantle him.”
He declined to say whether the PAC money would go towards supporting Democrats, insisting that Trump will not be the Republican candidate on the 2020 ballot. Scaramucci said he will show up in person to campaign against Trump’s re-election.
“I’m going to be on the street in swing states talking to suburban women about this person and the danger that this person presents to their children,” Scaramucci said.
His previous support for the president was due to “accepting levels of gaslighting (psychological manipulation) that I should not have been accepting,” he said.
“Think like a patriot. We have to remove him from power,” Scaramucci said, adding that the president had “early stage fascism.”
Trump, for his part, has turned on his former employee, calling Scaramucci a “highly unstable nut job,” a “dope” and “a mental wreck” on Twitter.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=udFq0Vjp92A
http://washingtonpost.com/opinions/a...be4_story.html
http://torontosun.com/news/world/ant...ing-re-elected
 
spaminator
#3568
U.S. House panel poised to spell out Trump impeachment probe: Source
Reuters
Published:
September 7, 2019
Updated:
September 7, 2019 3:32 PM EDT
US President Donald Trump speaks before presenting the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Los Angeles Lakers basketball legend Jerry Alan West in the White House in Washington, DC on September 5, 2019.JIM WATSON / AFP/Getty Images
WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, criticized for an unorthodox impeachment probe of President Donald Trump, is poised to vote next week on a resolution to formalize the investigation, a person familiar with the matter said on Saturday.
The panel has rebranded what was originally an oversight probe of Trump’s presidency as an “impeachment” investigation, with the aim of deciding by the end of the year on whether to recommend articles of impeachment to the full House.
As early as Wednesday, committee members could vote on a measure that would better define the investigation, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
The committee’s current impeachment approach has been criticized by Republicans for avoiding a precedent set during impeachment inquiries against former President Richard Nixon and former President Bill Clinton.
In those cases, inquiries were formally authorized by the full House. This time, Democrats have steered clear of a House vote that could prove risky for Democratic freshmen from swing districts where impeachment is unpopular with voters.
PONNURU: Trump should worry about his duties, not a ‘perjury trap’
WARREN: Big decisions for democrats ahead of 2020 election
ROGERS: The quest for collusion is over
For much of the year, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler has focused on the findings of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election meddling in the 2016 presidential election and evidence that Trump sought to impede the probe.
At least 134 House Democrats support an impeachment inquiry, according to a Reuters head count. While that is majority of the party caucus, the number remains well below the 218 votes needed for the House to approve an impeachment resolution.
Since Mueller’s testimony in July, Nadler has broadened the investigation to include allegations that Trump has improperly mixed his business interests with his role as president, dangled pardons to encourage official misconduct and paid money during the 2016 campaign to silence women claiming to have had affairs with him.
Though the new measure is not expected to be introduced until Monday, the source said the resolution would allow staff attorneys to question hearing witnesses, set procedures for closed-door reviews of grand jury material, allow White House counsel to respond in writing to the committee and usher in other changes.
The new procedures could be in place for a Sept. 17 hearing at which Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski is scheduled to testify, along with former Trump White House aides Rob Porter and Rick Dearborn.
It was not clear whether the panel would recommend the new resolution for a full House vote.
A more formal investigation could strengthen separate committee lawsuits seeking federal court orders to access Mueller grand jury material and compel testimony from former White House Counsel Don McGahn.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/u-s...t-probe-source
 
spilledthebeer
#3569
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

U.S. House panel poised to spell out Trump impeachment probe: Source
Reuters
Published:
September 7, 2019
Updated:
September 7, 2019 3:32 PM EDT
US President Donald Trump speaks before presenting the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Los Angeles Lakers basketball legend Jerry Alan West in the White House in Washington, DC on September 5, 2019.JIM WATSON / AFP/Getty Images
WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, criticized for an unorthodox impeachment probe of President Donald Trump, is poised to vote next week on a resolution to formalize the investigation, a person familiar with the matter said on Saturday.
The panel has rebranded what was originally an oversight probe of Trump’s presidency as an “impeachment” investigation, with the aim of deciding by the end of the year on whether to recommend articles of impeachment to the full House.
As early as Wednesday, committee members could vote on a measure that would better define the investigation, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
The committee’s current impeachment approach has been criticized by Republicans for avoiding a precedent set during impeachment inquiries against former President Richard Nixon and former President Bill Clinton.
In those cases, inquiries were formally authorized by the full House. This time, Democrats have steered clear of a House vote that could prove risky for Democratic freshmen from swing districts where impeachment is unpopular with voters.
PONNURU: Trump should worry about his duties, not a ‘perjury trap’
WARREN: Big decisions for democrats ahead of 2020 election
ROGERS: The quest for collusion is over
For much of the year, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler has focused on the findings of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election meddling in the 2016 presidential election and evidence that Trump sought to impede the probe.
At least 134 House Democrats support an impeachment inquiry, according to a Reuters head count. While that is majority of the party caucus, the number remains well below the 218 votes needed for the House to approve an impeachment resolution.
Since Mueller’s testimony in July, Nadler has broadened the investigation to include allegations that Trump has improperly mixed his business interests with his role as president, dangled pardons to encourage official misconduct and paid money during the 2016 campaign to silence women claiming to have had affairs with him.
Though the new measure is not expected to be introduced until Monday, the source said the resolution would allow staff attorneys to question hearing witnesses, set procedures for closed-door reviews of grand jury material, allow White House counsel to respond in writing to the committee and usher in other changes.
The new procedures could be in place for a Sept. 17 hearing at which Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski is scheduled to testify, along with former Trump White House aides Rob Porter and Rick Dearborn.
It was not clear whether the panel would recommend the new resolution for a full House vote.
A more formal investigation could strengthen separate committee lawsuits seeking federal court orders to access Mueller grand jury material and compel testimony from former White House Counsel Don McGahn.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/u-s...t-probe-source










HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Trump hating LIE-berals have ALREADY PROVED some things to us.............................


BUT THEY HAVE NOT PROVED ANYTHING related to impeachment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals have worked TIRELESSLY to prove they despise Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WE did not need further convincing....................


as we believed them the first time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LIE-berals worked TIRELESSLY FOR YEARS............................................. ..


to gather evidence of Trump wrong doing..............................


and they HAVE TOTALLY FAILED to gather any convincing evidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The only evidence that LIE-berals have gathered SO FAR................................


INDICTS Obama and FBI FOR IGNORING Russian activities while Obama was president..........................


and thus it is OBAMA who should be blamed AND IMPEACHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OBAMA totally in his duty.............................................


failed to prevent foreigners from attempting to interfere in the Yankee election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


How much REAL INFLUENCE did Russians have????????????????????


WE DONT KNOW.............................................


and Obama did not care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LIE-berals have worked hard to persuade us that they have DESPAIRED.................................


of devising ANY social or economic policy..........................................


that the public would find more attractive than what Trump has on offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why else would LIE-berals focus so completely on impeachment???????????????????????


Unless they had nothing else to offer????????????????????????????



LIE-berals have persuaded us THEY HAVE NO HOPE...........................................


of winning the 2020 election by any honest or conventional means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals have persuaded us they truly believe their ONLY HOPE.......................................


is to FAKE EVIDENCE and RAILROAD TRUMP into a Kangaroo Court............................


where he can be BARRED from running in the 2020 election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals have convinced us their only hope for the election..........................................



is to use a CROOKED PROSECUTOR and a RIGGED JURY.......................................


supplied with a big bag of slander and sleazy innuendo.............................


to SMEAR TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals demonstrate their CONTEMPT for the democratic process...........................................


AND they also reveal their fabulous HYPOCRISY by DEMANDING we believe they are great defenders of freedom and democracy



even as they frantically set up their BIASED Kangaroo Court.................................


and stay up late at night PLOTTING ways of making MUD stick to their target.................................


in a DESPERATE HOPE of altering the democratic process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Can LIE-berals SINK ANY LOWER?????????????????????????????
 
JLM
+1 / -1
#3570
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Trump hating LIE-berals have ALREADY PROVED some things to us.............................


BUT THEY HAVE NOT PROVED ANYTHING related to impeachment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Trump will emerge from all the bull shit smelling like a rose!
 

Similar Threads

32
Donald Trump rates GWB as CEO
by Kreskin | Jul 4th, 2017
0
From the Desk of Donald Trump
by karrie | Jun 10th, 2011
42
Donald Trump A Birther????
by DaSleeper | Apr 20th, 2011