CDN Election 2019

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by harrylee View Post

Not agreeing with a lifestyle choice does not mean one feels they are not equal.

Lifestyle choice?

Changing your hair color is a 'lifestyle' choice.

Being ignorant is a 'lifestyle' choice.

Clothes are a 'lifestyle' choice.

Who you fall in love with is not a lifestyle, nor is it a choice. ACTING on that love is a choice, yes, but why should gay people have to deny themselves acting on that love when other people can do so all the time?

harrylee
Free Thinker
+3
I guess the choice part is the need to flaunt all this in the streets.....Straight people, for the most part don't need to do this, and most likely would not be allowed to do this. BTW, I don't know about other pride parades, but the Toronto one is highly taxpayer funded, unlike most other parades like the Santa Claus parade, which gets it's own funding from corporations etc. If they want to have their silly parade, fund it themselves. Another case of special interests getting our dollars....Sick of it.
Now, you are likely going to come back saying how much money comes into the city from this....Well, the corporations/businesses that should be funding this are the ones reaping in this money, not the average taxpayer. Let them pay the costs.....since it is a winner fro them.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

That's nothing new! When was Trudeau ever a P.M. for all Canadians?

He's NEVER been PM for all Canadians!

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

He's NEVER been PM for all Canadians!

Canada works better when we have a Prime Minister from Quebec .

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You loved Mulroney that much, eh?

I recall two Prime Ministers from BC. One lasted an hour and a half and the other made it through 65 minutes.

I guess that the mysterious Eastern Cabal did that to you

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You loved Mulroney that much, eh?

I recall two Prime Ministers from BC. One lasted an hour and a half and the other made it through 65 minutes.

I guess that the mysterious Eastern Cabal did that to you

Mulroney gave us the Bloc Québécois. He was a stand up guy .

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Mulroney gave us the Bloc Québécois. He was a stand up guy .

Turner and Campbell gave us Whack-A-Mole. We appreciate your "temporary" measures.

JamesBondo
+2

Turner and Campbell gave us Whack-A-Mole.

You are a ****ing idiot. The game was invented in 1976 by Aaron Fechter.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

As we've been noticing the past 4 years.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

Don't despair! C.C.'s feeble attempt at humour.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1

I guess the choice part is the need to flaunt all this in the streets.....Straight people, for the most part don't need to do this, and most likely would not be allowed to do this.

Except it happens, every day, with Straight people. Have you walked outside and seen a man/woman couple walking down the street holding hands? That's straight pride. Seen them kissing, hugging, snuggling? Straight pride. And before you bring up the outrageous costumes some gay people can wear, outrageous isn't a sex only thing. Lots of heterosexual people wear outlandish clothing, or none, too. When a gay couple can't walk down the street and hold hands, or even kiss, in public, because they're afraid to be beat up just BECAUSE they're gay (or trans or whatever), THEN the need for Pride events comes up.

BTW, I don't know about other pride parades, but the Toronto one is highly taxpayer funded, unlike most other parades like the Santa Claus parade, which gets it's own funding from corporations etc. If they want to have their silly parade, fund it themselves. Another case of special interests getting our dollars....Sick of it

I totally agree. That said, if they want to ask corporations to fund floats and such, and they do, then that's on the corporations.

Now, you are likely going to come back saying how much money comes into the city from this....Well, the corporations/businesses that should be funding this are the ones reaping in this money, not the average taxpayer. Let them pay the costs.....since it is a winner fro them.

I'm not an economist so I couldn't argue how the money the people who go to the parades is spent in the community vs the normal income and all that stuff. But I would think more people out and participating in anything local usually leads to them spending money in some fashion, which in turn goes back to the tax base. But as I said, I'm not an economist person.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
If Scheer becomes PM and Buttigieg becomes President, I predict some real fun in cross-border relations!

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

If Scheer becomes PM and Buttigieg becomes President, I predict some real fun in cross-border relations!

Why?

Are they both gay?

...like McGiver?

Tecumsehsbones

Why?
Are they both gay?
...like McGiver?

I'm not sure Pete's gay, but his husband certainly is.

Hoid
One is gay and one is a Puritan

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

One is gay and one is a Puritan

Pete's not a Puritan, he's an Episcopalian.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

Pete's not a Puritan, he's an Episcopalian.

Good thing. The Episcopalians won't burn him to get the demon to leave.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1

I'm not sure Pete's gay, but his husband certainly is.

Yes..Pete is gay.....talks about it openly........as he does about hi marriage.

What is the big deal??

He makes more sense than most of them.... is smart, eloquent, and a sound grounding in mental health........a VITAL FACTOR NOW........... with a pretty good knowledge base. He is young , ploable, and would grow into the job.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

What is the big deal??

He makes more sense than most of them.... is smart, eloquent, and a sound grounding in mental health........a VITAL FACTOR NOW........... with a pretty good knowledge base. He is young , ploable, and would grow into the job.

Do you think the democrats will give him the nomination ? I don’t, but time will tell .

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Do you think the democrats will give him the nomination ? I don’t, but time will tell .

The old school demoncrats won't, that's for sure. They are just as bad as Repukians; pigs at the trough.

Serryah
Free Thinker

What is the big deal??

A few people I know favor Mayor Pete because of his qualifications and experiences. Whether he'll get the top job or not, I don't know.

I wouldn't mind seeing him VP, or Sec. of State, as I've mentioned before. Considering what the Sec. of State does, he'd be great for that position really, IMO.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Why are we talkin' about a U.S. election in a Canadian election thread? Thank Christ our election isn't as f**ked up as theirs is!

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

A few people I know favor Mayor Pete because of his qualifications and experiences. Whether he'll get the top job or not, I don't know.

I wouldn't mind seeing him VP, or Sec. of State, as I've mentioned before. Considering what the Sec. of State does, he'd be great for that position really, IMO.

excellent point Yes....he is capable and could probably handle the positions you mention very well.

He has the qualifications, the personality, and seems personable, approachable ....people oriented. IE....not fixated on status. money and power.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

excellent point Yes....he is capable and could probably handle the positions you mention very well.

He has the qualifications, the personality, and seems personable, approachable ....people oriented. IE....not fixated on status. money and power.

So if Pete wins what do they do for a First Lady (or would it be a First Man)? F**K

Tecumsehsbones
+1

I couldn't possibly care less. Then again, my culture never was dominated by terrified closet cases.

pgs
Free Thinker

I couldn't possibly care less. Then again, my culture never was dominated by terrified closet cases.

Yes us Irish our very tolerant.

pgs
Free Thinker

Yes us Irish our very tolerant.

Are .

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Are not!

Danbones
Free Thinker
Ewe are.