Saskatchewan would support Alberta's decision to turn off oil taps


petros
+2
#61
Sure you do. +5C and soaked is colder than -20C and dry.
 
taxslave
+1
#62
The problem is that we let the non contributors like you get all this stuff for free. The solution to the problem is that those that don't contribute don't share in the goodies.
 
pgs
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

All these oil junkies are perfectly fine to trash their children's and grandchildren's environment so they can have a few luxuries at everybody else's expense. Well, fukk your luxuries. We are the ones who have to live with the consequences of your selfish, greedy desires. Dumb fukks don't even realize that you are completely brainwashed by Big Oil and their propaganda machine.

[youtube]WfGMYdalClU[/youtube]

What powered the helicopter that took you to hospital? Aren’t you glad it was available?
 
taxslave
+1
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Sure you do. +5C and soaked is colder than -20C and dry.

There is that. But my machine has a heater that works at +5 and a wiper.

Also no snow and no frozen waterlines.
 
petros
+1
#65
Your heater would work the same and you don't need wipers

.Dry snow is easier to deal with than that waterlogged crap you get.

Nobody I know of has frozen waterlines. I left that shit behind 20 years ago when leaving BC.
Last edited by petros; Mar 18th, 2018 at 11:19 AM..
 
taxslave
#66
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You heater would work the same and you don't need wipers

.Dry snow is easier to deal with than that waterlogged crap you get.

Nobody I know of has frozen waterlines. I left that shit behind 20 years ago when leaving BC.

You don't use water where you are?
 
petros
#67
Of course. We have this stuff called insulation in our houses that keeps pipes unfroze.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I would be very interested in determining if that oil to Ont and Que is in fact cheaper than a p/l.

Both forms of transport have enormous capital costs involved, but the Opex costs of a p/l are significantly lower.


I agree that they're lower both the environmental risk and the long run overall cost.
But these nimby fools don't see that.
They'd rather rally against Canadian interest with their tone deaf agenda.
 
petros
#69
Digital pipelines out are out of the mental grasp of moonbats.

We need another few more towns losing a generation to rail disasters.
 
Cannuck
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Sad to hear that things have deteriorated so far.

...and yet TS is too lazy to move. He's quite willing to accept it.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The term "safest" is laughable.

There is no safe way or good way to transport this shit. That is why we need to get off of it and the last thing we need at this point in history is to triple the amount of shit flowing into BC and out over our waters.

If we could get Alberta to turn off the taps and get gasoline upo to $3 a liter that would be great.

The price of gas now is high enough to make alternative energy feasible. 3 bucks a liter will make it a done deal.

Man, you are living in a dream world. The key to getting off fossil fuel is not stopping it, but transitioning and you anti-pipeline folks really need to do a little homework on the subject. The City of Yellowknife is 100% dependent on diesel to operate its power plants n the winter. Wind power and solar are useless in the north. Wind turbines can't sustain in the cold and winter hours make solar a lost cause.

You are all ready to eat this bullsh!t tax that is not going into one bit of R&D for alternative fuel. Using the cigarette model, thinking people will alter their need to go to work, run their farms and feed their families.

It isn't going to happen. It's just another tax that will hurt families.

By the way, I'm all for alternative clean energy, but the alternatives aren't there yet and the government in Ottawa has the attention span of a moth. They just want the carbon dough and count on gullible people like yourself to buy the B.S.
 
Hoid
+1
#72
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Man, you are living in a dream world. The key to getting off fossil fuel is not stopping it, but transitioning and you anti-pipeline folks really need to do a little homework on the subject. The City of Yellowknife is 100% dependent on diesel to operate its power plants n the winter. Wind power and solar are useless in the north. Wind turbines can't sustain in the cold and winter hours make solar a lost cause.

You are all ready to eat this bullsh!t tax that is not going into one bit of R&D for alternative fuel. Using the cigarette model, thinking people will alter their need to go to work, run their farms and feed their families.

It isn't going to happen. It's just another tax that will hurt families.

By the way, I'm all for alternative clean energy, but the alternatives aren't there yet and the government in Ottawa has the attention span of a moth. They just want the carbon dough and count on gullible people like yourself to buy the B.S.

Fossil fuel is killing the planet and making people sick.

The entire country of Canada could be switched over to alternative energy today. The only thing that prevents it from happening is the overwhelming political power of the oil industry and the ignorance of people like yourself.

btw if you insist on lying at least educate yourself in the basics

https://www.yellowknife.ca/en/living-here/energy.asp

100% renewable energy in the NWT by 2050

http://www.assembly.gov.nt.ca/sites/...td_220-182.pdf
Last edited by Hoid; Mar 18th, 2018 at 11:58 AM..
 
Cannuck
+2
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post


The entire country of Canada could be switched over to alternative energy today.

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner folks. Stupidest statement on CC this year.
 
petros
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Man, you are living in a dream world. The key to getting off fossil fuel is not stopping it, but transitioning and you anti-pipeline folks really need to do a little homework on the subject. The City of Yellowknife is 100% dependent on diesel to operate its power plants n the winter. Wind power and solar are useless in the north. Wind turbines can't sustain in the cold and winter hours make solar a lost cause.

You are all ready to eat this bullsh!t tax that is not going into one bit of R&D for alternative fuel. Using the cigarette model, thinking people will alter their need to go to work, run their farms and feed their families.

It isn't going to happen. It's just another tax that will hurt families.

By the way, I'm all for alternative clean energy, but the alternatives aren't there yet and the government in Ottawa has the attention span of a moth. They just want the carbon dough and count on gullible people like yourself to buy the B.S.

The drag of the 900L of frozen gear box oil in a whirlygig can't be efficient.
 
captain morgan
#75

Quote: Originally Posted by cannuck View Post

ding ding ding!!! We have a winner folks. Stupidest statement on cc this year.

+1,000
 
pgs
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Fossil fuel is killing the planet and making people sick.

The entire country of Canada could be switched over to alternative energy today. The only thing that prevents it from happening is the overwhelming political power of the oil industry and the ignorance of people like yourself.

btw if you insist on lying at least educate yourself in the basics

https://www.yellowknife.ca/en/living-here/energy.asp

Most of B.C.s electricity already comes from clean green hydro power .Should we moth ball our hydro dams and plant windmills on all our mountain tops ? The resulting deforestation should make Cliff very happy .
 
Hoid
#77
Cut off Alberta oil to BC??

 
captain morgan
+1
#78
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Most of B.C.s electricity already comes from clean green hydro power .Should we moth ball our hydro dams and plant windmills on all our mountain tops ? The resulting deforestation should make Cliff very happy .

You get down to brass tacks on large scale hydro projects and they are no where near the squeaky clean green energy source that people are lead to believe
 
Murphy
#79
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Fossil fuel is killing the planet and making people sick.

The entire country of Canada could be switched over to alternative energy today. The only thing that prevents it from happening is the overwhelming political power of the oil industry and the ignorance of people like yourself.

btw if you insist on lying at least educate yourself in the basics

https://www.yellowknife.ca/en/living-here/energy.asp

Of course, sweetie. And you're the really mart, tough guy that's going to change the world! When you grow up, you can elect greenies, or run yourself. Luckily, we keep the flakes contained.

I suggest that you watch your mouth. First, you are talking to people older than yourself. I expect that your parents taught you some manners. Second, and just as important, you are try to converse with your betters.

Learn your place and remember your manners.
 
petros
#80
So how would BC get its own oil to market without TMPL?
 
Murphy
#81
I can't wait to hear Flossy's BS explanation for that.
 
petros
#82
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I can't wait to hear Flossy's BS explanation for that.

Dirigibles. Hot air balloons.
 
Hoid
+1
#83
How can BC go forward to a future where our energy source can be cut off by a political whim?
 
captain morgan
#84
Cover YVR with solar panels.

Problemo solved
 
Murphy
+1
#85
Oil is the future, Flossy. There's lots of it left. You will use it when you get your driver's license.

Are you going to throw a fit? Hold your breath until you get your way? Be my guest...
 
petros
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

How can BC go forward to a future where our energy source can be cut off by a political whim?

What does the rest of Canada rely on that is produced in BC?

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Cover YVR with solar panels.

Problemo solved

10 months of thick clouds ensure that will be a stellar success.
 
Murphy
+1
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What does the rest of Canada rely on that is produced in BC?

Why do you ask such hard questions? They produce love and hugs. And really, really smart people!

In the last two days, I have found out that Flossy is a fighter pilot, an environmental scientist and a lawyer.
 
captain morgan
+1
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

In the last two days, I have found out that Flossy is a fighter pilot, an environmental scientist and a lawyer.

... And although he's not a doctor, he does play one on TV
 
petros
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Why do you ask such hard questions? They produce love and hugs. And really, really smart people!

In the last two days, I have found out that Flossy is a fighter pilot, an environmental scientist and a lawyer.

And took a bus to Machu Picchu even tho it's rail access or by foot only.
 
Murphy
#90
See? He is just a wealth of information, screaming to come out. He has so much knowledge that he comments on almost everything on this site. It's got to be hard to hold all of it in. The knowledge that is, not the BS.
 

Similar Threads

53
Alberta outperforming Saskatchewan
by mentalfloss | Mar 15th, 2017