BC drivers are a special kind of special

tay
+1
In Burnaby on June 28, a flagger was directing traffic on 10th Avenue near Kingsway. A bystander filmed the flagger stopping an SUV trying to merge into traffic from an unpaved section of road that appears to be closed to traffic. The man shooting the video warned the flagger that the driver is "going to run you over."

Although the flagger told the drive to stop, the SUV suddenly accelerated, running over the female flagger and continuing down the road.

The RCMP believe that the same driver hit a male flagger further down the road.

One flagger was taken to Royal Columbian Hospital with a serious concussion, serious compression injuries on her leg, and bruising. The other flagger had less serious injuries.

Shortly thereafter, police received a call about a woman allegedly assaulting two children nearby. The suspect is believed to be the driver involved in the hit-and-run incidents. According to police, the children are related to the woman but will not disclose what their relationship is. B.C.'s children and family ministry has stepped in.

The woman, who is in her late 30s and from Surrey, was arrested and is facing possible criminal and Motor Vehicle Act charges.

This latest incident happened not long after a traffic flagger was struck by a vehicle on Sooke Road near Langford on Vancouver Island on June 8. The collision sent both the flagger and the vehicle into the ditch. The flagger was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Herback told News 1130 that over her 30 years of working in the industry, she has seen a constant deterioration of conditions.

According to WorkSafeBC data, 15 roadside workers died and 229 were injured after being hit by vehicles over the past decade (124 of them were flaggers or in traffic control).

video

Video of driver running over construction flagger raises concerns about road worker safety | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

TenPenny
+3
Anyone who runs over a flagger should be locked up for 5 years, and lose license permanently.

bill barilko
Old News posted last week Please try to keep up.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

But does it have any less meaning today?

petros
Absolutely not. When it comes to entitled drivers, BC wins.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If you think we are bad, Pete, we have nothing on Alberta drivers. Just try merging into the slow lane from the fast lane on the Deerfoot Trail!

petros
Ummmmmm. NO. BC by far.

Kreskin
Drivers in BC are a special kind of stupid.

Deerfoot is pretty tame and organized.

petros
Even in January during a snow.

White_Unifier
+1
Heroin withdrawal will make a person do almost anything to get to his next fix and fast.
Last edited by White_Unifier; Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:31 AM..

tay

where..?

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

where..?

Five (5) days ago-click here to see how foolish you look

tay
+1

Five (5) days ago-click here to see how foolish you look

Thanks for that I'll try and improve so that I don't become a flooder like a few others have........

Mowich
+1

Ummmmmm. NO. BC by far.

Really, pete..............every single driver in BC, eh. I think not.

I don't know a single driver in my neck of the woods who fells entitled, pete............but don't let that stop you from tarring us all with the same brush.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Drivers in BC are a special kind of stupid.

Deerfoot is pretty tame and organized.

I had thought better of you, Kreskin.....................you do realize that BC extends beyond the Left Coast, don't you?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I don't know a single driver in my neck of the woods who fells entitled, pete............but don't let that stop you from tarring us all with the same brush.

I had thought better of you, Kreskin.....................you do realize that BC extends beyond the Left Coast, don't you?

You're on the right track, Mowich, I've been driving B.C. and AB. highways for over 50 years, and believe me, we are light years ahead of Albertans.

Kreskin
+2

Is there more off this island?

Twila
+1
yes, every driver here in BC is a special kind of stupid and yes, we all feel very very entitled.

Proof of this that it was posted on the internet.

Cliffy
+1
There are many different drivers that make me scratch my head: a) drivers from the flat lands that are terrified of curves. They drive flat out on the straight ways and almost come to a full stop when approaching a curve, b) old Doukhobors who always drive a 5 miles an hour, c) big city drivers who think they own the road but really have no clue how to drive anywhere past the block they live on, d) people with huge jacked up 4X4s that have never been off the pavement and leave their engines running while having lunch (those are mostly from Alberta) e) Harley riders with their straight pipes shattering the peace and quiet of our quiet little town.

Tecumsehsbones

A bigot needs only a single example to feed his hate and illogic.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Is there more off this island?

You really should get off that island more, Kreskin.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

yes, every driver here in BC is a special kind of stupid and yes, we all feel very very entitled.

Proof of this that it was posted on the internet.

Speak for yourself, Twila. I am neither entitled nor stupid. Feel free to include yourself, of course.

taxslave
You can always tell the flat Landers without even looking at their license plate because they have to stop and inspect the road at every corner.

Cliffy
+2

Speak for yourself, Twila. I am neither entitled nor stupid. Feel free to include yourself, of course.

I do believe she was being sarcastic.

Curious Cdn
+1

There you go ... B.C. drivers ... road raging each other when they're off the road!

Twila
+1

It was posted earlier that BC drivers are both stupid and entitled. And since it was posted on the internet it must be true

I wouldn't include you or me in that, but someone said it's true about ALL BC drivers so...

Sorry they included you in that. Not my personal view being a BC driver who's never been pulled over or been in a car accident while driving, but what do I know?

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I was, but I forgot to use purple so it's not as easily read.

relic
Soooo,none of you have driven in Quebec or New Brunswick ?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

Soooo,none of you have driven in Quebec or New Brunswick ?

So many roads in Montreal are one-way and parking space is so scarce, sometimes it's better just to leave the car at home, especially given its developed public transit system.

I can't speak for the rest of Quebec or New Brunswick though.

Twila
I've only ever driven in BC. I have been a passenger in Alberta, Amsterdam, Paris (France), Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada and New Zealand.

Amsterdam was the most terrified I've ever been in a vehicle. We video'd it because the taxi driver was amazingly good, but terrifyingly fast given the amount of pedestrians on foot and on bikes.

Mowich
+4
#28  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

If that is the case, then I owe her an apology, Cliffy. Coming as it did with the other thoughtless comments about ALL BC drivers, I figured it was just another ill conceived comment.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

It was posted earlier that BC drivers are both stupid and entitled. And since it was posted on the internet it must be true

I wouldn't include you or me in that, but someone said it's true about ALL BC drivers so...

Sorry they included you in that. Not my personal view being a BC driver who's never been pulled over or been in a car accident while driving, but what do I know?

I was, but I forgot to use purple so it's not as easily read.

I am sorry Twila......but yes, purple or a razz might have helped.........still I do apologize.

JLM

If that is the case, then I owe her an apology, Cliffy. Coming as it did with the other thoughtless comments about ALL BC drivers, I figured it was just another ill conceived comment.

I am sorry Twila......but yes, purple or a razz might have helped.........still I do apologize.

Yep, I've generally found that Twila knows what of she speaks - some thought goes into her posts.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

So many roads in Montreal are one-way and parking space is so scarce, sometimes it's better just to leave the car at home, especially given its developed public transit system.

I can't speak for the rest of Quebec or New Brunswick though.

I lived happily for a decade in NDG without a car. Transit is good. Heck, I used to board the bus at Berri, head north for nine hours and get let off 100 yards from a rented canoe at Camp Dorval La Verendrye and straight into the bush for a week or two ( think Algonquin Park with no one else around)... or board another bus, head south and get off by an Adrondack Mountain Club trail and straight up 5000 feet Mt.Marcy).