B.C. baby first to get health card without gender

tay
In what could be the first case in the world, a B.C. baby has been issued a health card with the letter “U” for a sex marker.

It comes as the baby’s parent fights to allow their child to develop their own gender identity.

Searyl’s parent Kori Doty is going to court against the Vital Statistics Agency for its refusal to issue a birth certificate for the child.

Since the baby was born outside the medical system, there was no ‘genital inspection.’

“We’re not actually asking to have anyone’s ID changed against their will. We’re just asking to change the structure of how identification, particularly the birth certificate, starts out,” Doty said.

Doty said the goal is for the child to discover their own gender identity — and so far the decision hasn’t been a problem, even when people ask if the baby is a boy or a girl.

“Often I’ll just say I don’t know yet, or I’m not rushing to apply those types of labels on this kid. Right now they’re just a baby.”

Human Rights lawyer barbara findlay is working on Doty’s application for a judicial review of the province’s refusal to issue birth certificate.

She said it was a big surprise when baby Searyl’s health card came in the mail.

“For us, it’s a huge step forward.”

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker - BC | Globalnews.ca

taxslave
That has to be about as stupid as PC snowflakes can possibly get. It is either male or female. There is nothing else. A quick look will confirm.

Danbones
Bar-B-Doll

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Bar-B-Doll

Sounds like a cattle brand.

Danbones
APRIL
Name-blind hiring process rolled out to reduce bias against job seekers

Six federal departments are testing a pilot project that will remove names from application forms to stop hiring biases against minority candidates.
Name-blind hiring process rolled out to reduce bias against job seekers | Metro Ottawa

JULY
STUDY: Blind Recruitment Aimed At Boosting Female Hires Actually Does The Opposite

A study released Thursday found that gender-blind recruitment efforts, which many hoped would increase female representation in the workforce, has actually had the opposite effect.

The Australian government published the results of the study, conducted by the Behavioral Economics Team of the Australian Government (BETA), which examined how adding and removing a candidate’s gender from an application affected their chances of getting hired, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Gender-Blind Recruiting Fails Hilariously | The Daily Caller

"Participants were 2.9 per cent more likely to shortlist female candidates and 3.2 per cent less likely to shortlist male applicants when they were identifiable, compared with when they were de-identified.

"Minority males were 5.8 per cent more likely to be shortlisted and minority females were 8.6 per cent more likely to be shortlisted when identifiable compared to when applications were de-identified.
DPM&C study finds public servants more likely to hire women

haha
nothing they do is ever going to work the way they think it should

Murphy
And down the line, is not being declared male or female going to impact its ability to get certain treatments that are sex specific?

Hopefully, when it's older, it will see the foolishness of its parents and have its health card changed to accurately reflect its gender.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

In what could be the first case in the world, a B.C. baby has been issued a health card with the letter “U” for a sex marker.

It comes as the baby’s parent fights to allow their child to develop their own gender identity.

Searyl’s parent Kori Doty is going to court against the Vital Statistics Agency for its refusal to issue a birth certificate for the child.

Since the baby was born outside the medical system, there was no ‘genital inspection.’

“We’re not actually asking to have anyone’s ID changed against their will. We’re just asking to change the structure of how identification, particularly the birth certificate, starts out,” Doty said.

Doty said the goal is for the child to discover their own gender identity — and so far the decision hasn’t been a problem, even when people ask if the baby is a boy or a girl.

“Often I’ll just say I don’t know yet, or I’m not rushing to apply those types of labels on this kid. Right now they’re just a baby.”

Human Rights lawyer barbara findlay is working on Doty’s application for a judicial review of the province’s refusal to issue birth certificate.

She said it was a big surprise when baby Searyl’s health card came in the mail.

“For us, it’s a huge step forward.”

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker - BC | Globalnews.ca

Does B.C. cover chopping the parents up into a fine mince to protect the rest of you from them?

"Searyl?". Is that like a soap opera?

spaminator
Canadians less than enthusiastic about gender-neutral identification: Poll | Can

spaminator
Canadian parent Kori Doti appears on Good Morning Britain to defend having 'gend

Jinentonix
I used to think this crap was just nonsense. I was wrong. It's f*cking insanity is what it is.

Twila
seems we have a large group of people who will do whatever they think it takes to remove themselves from what they consider "mainstream" It's a story as old as time....

no wait, that last bits from Beauty and the Beast...

White_Unifier
You can bet that kid will probably end up spending some time at protest rallies.

spaminator
Activist's bid for gender-less birth certificate to be heard by courts | Canada