BMO does not like indians


Hoid
#1
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rach-1.5429347
What a strange story in Vancouver as a grandfather and his 12 year old granddaughter get arrested for trying to open a bank account.
The problem, of course, is that they were indians. That set off alarms at the BOM, who apparently thought they looked more asianish and were trying to commit a fraud by opening a bank account for the young lady.
After being taken away in handcuffs by the VPD it was determined they were actually who they said they were doing exactly what they said they were doing.
This is Canada in 2020.
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Girth
+2
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rach-1.5429347
What a strange story in Vancouver as a grandfather and his 12 year old granddaughter get arrested for trying to open a bank account.
The problem, of course, is that they were indians. That set off alarms at the BOM, who apparently thought they looked more asianish and were trying to commit a fraud by opening a bank account for the young lady.
After being taken away in handcuffs by the VPD it was determined they were actually who they said they were doing exactly what they said they were doing.
This is Canada in 2020.

This was already mentioned in one of the threads. No need to make it redundant.

Having said that, the bank has made a public apology, and it's likely the victims will be compensated. Considering the bank has met with various chiefs in an effort to prevent this from happening again, I consider it admirable. Of course, some Natives are still dissatisfied. Compare that with what is happening in most countries in the World, especially the United States. You act as if Canada is becoming a totalitarian regime (which you desire).

Hoid, of it were up to you, all your political opponents would be sent to death camps, and gassed.

You claim BMO hates indians, after an isolated incident, when you hate White people. Talk about hypocrisy.
Last edited by Girth; 4 weeks ago at 12:39 AM..
 
Jinentonix
+7
#3  Top Rated Post
Leftard logic: When shit like this happens to White people it's obviously not racism. When it happens to non-White people it's a clear cut case of racism.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Leftard logic: When shit like this happens to White people it's obviously not racism. When it happens to non-White people it's a clear cut case of racism.

Have white people ever been subjected to legal, mandatory, differential treatment by virtue of their race in Canada?

Serious question. Honestly, I don't know.
 
Girth
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Have white people ever been subjected to legal, mandatory, differential treatment by virtue of their race in Canada?
Serious question. Honestly, I don't know.

It would never happen in North America, because we are the most powerful ethnic group. Although Jews have, and they happen to be mainly White. If all Natives stopped complaining, and learned personal accountability, this kind of thing would never happen.

The Indian whine:

"I want my land back!"
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Have white people ever been subjected to legal, mandatory, differential treatment by virtue of their race in Canada?
Serious question. Honestly, I don't know.

By nationality big time
 
DaSleeper
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

By nationality big time

****
 
Twin_Moose
+2
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

By nationality big time

By region as well see: The West wants out thread
 
Hoid
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Have white people ever been subjected to legal, mandatory, differential treatment by virtue of their race in Canada?

Serious question. Honestly, I don't know.

The irish, the itialians, the jews, the ukrainians, the greeks, and many others who are only arguably white have faced this sort of thing in the past and to a lesser extent today.
 
Blackleaf
+1
#10
Canada should be thankful for all those white males that turned up, otherwise it'd be the same now as it was 1000 years ago.
 
Jinentonix
+3
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Have white people ever been subjected to legal, mandatory, differential treatment by virtue of their race in Canada?

Serious question. Honestly, I don't know.

Yep. Govt hiring practices. If you're White, you can pretty much forget about getting a job in the junior civil service. If you're a White male, you haven't got a chance of getting a job in the junior civil service. This isn't just opinion. The last few hires the govt did they might as well have come right out and said as much. They couldn't of course so they just worded it "cleverly" as if no one was going to catch on. If that doesn't fit the definition of prejudicial hiring practices, then I don't know what does. Oh, but it wasn't mandatory so I'm guessing then it doesn't count as racism.


Same with carding. I've been carded by the cops, more than once, but that's not racist. Do it just once to a person of colour though and it's just this side of a hate crime ffs.


Cops shoot White people on a near daily basis in the US, but it's not racism, even if the cop is Black and the victim/suspect is White. But when a cop shoots a Black person it somehow "confirms the systemic racism in law enforcement", regardless of what colour the cop is. And yet the DoJ's stats, independently confirmed by a University of Pennsylvania study, show that Black police officers are 3.3 times more likely to discharge their firearm at a suspect than any other race of cop.



And then you have idiot closet racists like Hoid who doth protest too much. One jack-off at one branch of BMO being a racist dick is not indicative of BMO's policy. Yet the closet racist wants to call out the entire corporation as racist even though he defends the racism (and sexism) of his Prime Minister.


Christ, the left is even inventing new forms of racism. Apparently if you fire a muslim who took a job under false pretenses, you have a Human Rights lawsuit on your hands.



In Ontario, you can't refuse to rent a place to someone because they're muslim. BUT, muslims can refuse to rent to non-muslims, including the disabled, even when it's a govt subsidized unit. Again, this has been documented.


But there's also systemic racism on several reserves up here. Years ago I got to visit a reserve somewhere north of Winnipeg( the name escapes me after 40 years). The Chief there was pretty cool but he had one serious rule. If you left the reserve to go live in the city to live off the govt, you were not welcome back and were excommunicated from the band. However, if you left to go live in the city because of educational or employment opportunities, you were always welcome back. Which is pretty reasonable really. But there are several other reserves where if they leave to go live in the city ie; "the White man's world" for ANY reason, they are permanently kicked out. Period. Emotional blackmail and identity politics all wrapped up in a "comfy" blanket of racism.


The fact is, every ethnic group has their racists. The difference is, tools like Hoid refuse to see it.

Plus the complete rule reversals the left keep pulling make it difficult to keep track of just wtf is going on anymore. For decades we've been taught to be colour blind. People are people, we're all humans, we all bleed red, etc. If you saw someone's colour you were a racist. Now, you not only have to see and acknowledge someone's colour, you have to embrace it in an orgiastic, virtue signaling display of multiculturalism or else you're a racist.


Through the years I've had numerous friends and acquaintances from different ethnic backgrounds. I guess I'm a racist because I don't give a shit what colour they are or what ethnic background they are, I'm friends with the person(ality). For example, after I was released from the hospital after my plane crash, I still needed to be in a convalescent home. The place was run by an imam who quite frankly, was a total and complete asshole. 5 minutes talking to that goof would make you suicidal. 10 minutes would have you blowing your own brains out instead of his because he just wasn't worth going to prison over. His brother on the other hand, who also worked there, was a really cool dude. He was friendly and outgoing, easy to talk to and had a sense of humour. We used to play harmless little practical jokes on him and he'd laugh along with us. But what was really funny was, because practical jokes were a foreign concept to him, when he'd try to get us back it would be an epic fail but we'd all laugh just the same just because he was cool enough to play along. Him I liked. His brother OTOH, was a waste of carbon and oxygen.


Huh... uh, sorry about the ramble on there. Kind'a buzzed out on painkillers hoping to get to bed before 4AM
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#12
Yeah, you get all those problems.

Reason I asked is because I know enough about the histories and cultures to know Canada has been downright gentle and. . . well. . . Canadian in racial and other group relations than the U.S. Didn't want our history to falsely color my view of Canada.

Not that there ain't plenty of worthless racists in Canada, mind. Just seems like y'all were never as malevolent about it as a society, and let it go easier'n we did.
 
Twin_Moose
+2
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yeah, you get all those problems.
Reason I asked is because I know enough about the histories and cultures to know Canada has been downright gentle and. . . well. . . Canadian in racial and other group relations than the U.S. Didn't want our history to falsely color my view of Canada.
Not that there ain't plenty of worthless racists in Canada, mind. Just seems like y'all were never as malevolent about it as a society, and let it go easier'n we did.

Prejudice and Discrimination in Canada

Anti-Ukrainian sentiment

Quote:

Canada
Anti-Ukrainian discrimination was present in Canada from the arrival of Ukrainians in Canada around 1891 until the late 20th Century. In one sense this was part of a larger trend towards nativism in English Canada during the period. But Ukrainians were singled out for special discrimination because of their large numbers, visibility (due to dress and language), and political activism. During the First World War, around 8,000 Ukrainian Canadian were interned by the Canadian government as "enemy aliens" (because they came from the Austrian Empire). In the interwar period all Ukrainian cultural and political groups, no matter what their ideology was, were monitored by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and many of their leaders were deported.[56]
This attitude began to slowly change after the Second World War, as Canadian immigration and cultural policies generally moved from being explicitly pro-British to a more pluralistic foundation. Ukrainian nationalists were now seen as victims of communism, rather than dangerous subversives. Ukrainians began to hold high offices, and one, Senator Paul Yuzyk was one of the earliest proponents of a policy of "multiculturalism" which would end official discrimination and acknowledge the contribution of non-English, non-French Canadians. The Royal Commission on Bilingualism and Biculturalism of the 1960s, which had originally been formed only to deal with French-Canadian grievances, began the transition to multiculturalism in Canada because of Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau's desire to court Ukrainian votes in Western Canada. The Commission also included a Ukrainian commissioner, Jaroslav Rudnyckyj.
Since the adoption of official multiculturalism under Section Twenty-seven of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms in 1982, Ukrainians in Canada have had legal protection against discrimination.

 
taxslave
+3
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Have white people ever been subjected to legal, mandatory, differential treatment by virtue of their race in Canada?
Serious question. Honestly, I don't know.

AS a matter of fact, yes. Actually not even just whites but every non aboriginal in Canad is discriminated against.
The one that applies specifically to whites is in federal government hiring where merit is last on the list of qualifications. They use a point system where aboriginal ancestry, visible minority, disability gets you bonus points. Aboriginal ancestry gets the most points. being white male gets no points.

In taxation measures there is also plenty of legal rights that status Indians have that no one else has. A native working on the rez or a band owned business pays no income tax. They also pay no GST on anything bought on the rez.( not her band but it is closest to us and the dealer) So when my daughter in law bought her new car they had the dealer bring the vehicle to the rez down the road from us where they signed the papers and presto no federal tax.
THen there are hunting and fishing rights. Here again not just whites but all non aboriginals are discriminated against. Natives are legally allowed to hunt at night with a light and a high powered rifle. No one else in Canada can do this.
A lawyer that I trust once told me that the whole plan from the legal community was to provide a generation of jobs getting natives a bunch of rights and then a whole second generation getting the rest of us the same rights. SO far I have no evidence to prove him wrong.
 
Hoid
#15
You could have just said climate change is a hoax and only white people face discrimination.
 
Hoid
#16
Re Canada being less racist than America.

I would have to question that.

It could have more to do with never having as many visible minorities in the first place.

I was in the 5th grade before i ever saw a black person. We had one in our school. and then we got an asian a couple of years later.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#17
You must really live in the boondocks, or you are in your 80's because we had a black guy in our school in Kapuskasing in 1958 named Winston H.
One reason he started hanging out with this buddy of mine and I, is that only the three of us smoked roll-your-own in the whole school outside the gate at noon hour break
 
petros
+5
#18
The funny thing about all this...few white people work in banks in Vancouver.

Welcome to Canaduh.

Soooooo what are you going do about the racist Asians lol?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

AS a matter of fact, yes. Actually not even just whites but every non aboriginal in Canad is discriminated against.
The one that applies specifically to whites is in federal government hiring where merit is last on the list of qualifications. They use a point system where aboriginal ancestry, visible minority, disability gets you bonus points. Aboriginal ancestry gets the most points. being white male gets no points.
In taxation measures there is also plenty of legal rights that status Indians have that no one else has. A native working on the rez or a band owned business pays no income tax. They also pay no GST on anything bought on the rez.( not her band but it is closest to us and the dealer) So when my daughter in law bought her new car they had the dealer bring the vehicle to the rez down the road from us where they signed the papers and presto no federal tax.
THen there are hunting and fishing rights. Here again not just whites but all non aboriginals are discriminated against. Natives are legally allowed to hunt at night with a light and a high powered rifle. No one else in Canada can do this.
A lawyer that I trust once told me that the whole plan from the legal community was to provide a generation of jobs getting natives a bunch of rights and then a whole second generation getting the rest of us the same rights. SO far I have no evidence to prove him wrong.

I'd be interested to see your source on that. I'm familiar with the Employment Equity Act, but not aware of this alleged point system.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The funny thing about all this...few white people work in banks in Vancouver.
Welcome to Canaduh.
Soooooo what are you going do about the racist Asians lol?

Same thing you do about other racists. In your specific case, that'd be support them, make excuses for them, and claim they're the REAL victims.
 
petros
+2
#21
It's not points but Indigenous and disabled who QUALIFY for the job get first dibs.
 
petros
+2
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Same thing you do about other racists. In your specific case, that'd be support them, make excuses for them, and claim they're the REAL victims.

VPD Chief Palmer also said the 911 call from the bank described the alleged fraudsters as a 16-year-old South Asian female and 50-year-old South Asian male — something Fowler categorically denies...

Canadian whites know a Canadian native when they see one eh/ah.
 
Hoid
#23
Frankly I don't know who should be more offended by this story: the indians or the asians.
 
petros
+2
#24
Who put you in the position to decide white boy?
 
DaSleeper
+3
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Who put you in the position to decide white boy?

He thinks you have to be a racist if you disagree with him the
 
petros
+1
#26
He needs to diversify and learn Mandarin to get with the in crowd.
 
Girth
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Re Canada being less racist than America.
I would have to question that.
It could have more to do with never having as many visible minorities in the first place.
I was in the 5th grade before i ever saw a black person. We had one in our school. and then we got an asian a couple of years later.

You must be in your 80s.
 
Girth
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Same thing you do about other racists. In your specific case, that'd be support them, make excuses for them, and claim they're the REAL victims.

Les than 24 hours away, T.

The Chiefs play the Titans for the AFC title.

Having said that, White people are the real victims here.
Last edited by Girth; 4 weeks ago at 04:27 PM..
 
petros
+1
#29
He's a Ravens man. A Packer, a Chief and would fit well in 9er territory but I hold none of that against him.
 
Girth
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

He's a Ravens man. A Packer, a Chief and would fit well in 9er territory but I hold none of that against him.

I'm all in for the Packers. Hopefully they can pull it off, as my Vikings fell short. Love to see the Chiefs finally go to the dance.
 

Similar Threads

6
Oooooh, so it was the Indians who sabotaged the trip?
by Retired_Can_Soldier | Feb 27th, 2018
12
Too many _______, not enough Indians
by Locutus | Oct 7th, 2014
13
Let's Play Cowboys And Indians
by Locutus | Mar 25th, 2014
58
Talk to the Indians, not the chiefs
by dumpthemonarchy | Mar 6th, 2012
119
Toronto Belongs To The Indians
by Liberalman | Sep 10th, 2009