Anyone have ideas about driving after a drink or two?

AnnaG
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

did you ride the short school bus to school?p

No buses. I was never the lazy type.
Quote:

You do understand that you can google "BAC and impairment"?

I could if I was interested. I did and found Bank of America Corp. and lost interest.
Quote:

Has Petros been giving you lessons at looking silly?

Nope. Is that the excuse YOU use?

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

Wine is dangerous to the community, for this reason it is forbidden in the heavenly religion.
The Disagreement of the

It's dangerous in Gods temple as well, gods liver and bowles and brain all hear you. But the serpent is strong in some of us.

Drinking and driving is insane. Of course if you had an emergency, labour, amputation some reason to take a chance

Goober
Does anyone question our present leadership on their "Tough on Crime" for failing to address the carnage from drunk driving?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

Wine is dangerous to the community, for this reason it is forbidden in the heavenly religion.
The Disagreement of the

Is that why the mideast drink so much scotch?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Is that why the mideast drink so much scotch?

Only the best though

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

I could if I was interested.

Why didn't you say you weren't interested. A thousand pardons, given your significant lack of knowledge on the issue, I naturally assumed you were here to learn something. I didn't realize you were just a troll

Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Does anyone question our present leadership on their "Tough on Crime" for failing to address the carnage from drunk driving?

They don't want to get tough on impaired driving. It's too much of a slippery slope.

petros
+2

It's already in Criminal Code of Canada. It's upto Provinces to enforce and mandate stricter interpretations like getting a 24 roadside suspensions for as little as 1 drink or a doobie.

Goober
+1

Why didn't you say you weren't interested. A thousand pardons, given your significant lack of knowledge on the issue, I naturally assumed you were here to learn something. I didn't realize you were just a troll

They don't want to get tough on impaired driving. It's too much of a slippery slope.

I see you have not changed- why insult another member- go after the points made.
Can you do that?

JLM

haha

I think BC requires a yearly testing after a certain age. I may be wrong, though.

Well, I haven't reached it yet, so you are hopefully good for a couple of years!

Cannuck

go after the points made.
Can you do that?

If she bothers to make any. Funny though, the only response you made to me was personal and had nothing to do with any of the points I've made. You're such an entertaining hypocrite.

JLM

I see you have not changed- why insult another member- go after the points made.
Can you do that?

Don't hold your breath Goober!

No buses. I was never the lazy type. I could if I was interested. I did and found Bank of America Corp. and lost interest. Nope. Is that the excuse YOU use?

Good answers, Anna- not sure that he can understand them!

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before it was explicitly stated in the thread. But obviously this is Stephen Harper's fault.

B00Mer
I thought they lowered the BAC in Canada??

If not they need too.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

If not they need too.

Possibly. You children can't handle your alcohol.

JLM
+2

If not they need too.

It's a little confusing I believe 0.08 is the legal limit as far as laying a criminal charge is concerned. However they can do sh*t to you out of court for blowing 0.05, like a few days suspension or impounding your vehicle (which incidentally I'm not against). If it saves one life why not? I have personally found that at 0% you are safe from any sh*t.

Some people can be A$$holes when they are stone sober!

B00Mer
+1

Possibly. You children can't handle your alcohol.

Unlike you, if I drink I take a cab or stay home and drink.

I see you advicate drunk driving, which is very childish.

Cannuck

I see you advicate drunk driving, which is very childish.

You're confused as usual...and childish. Are you going to start calling me gay now?

Ludlow
+1
yeah here's an idea. if ye wanna get soused, don't drive. kinda a no brainer

IdRatherBeSkiing
+3

You're confused as usual...and childish. Are you going to start calling me gay now?

He wouldn't want to insult gay people by doing that.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

He should be charged with 2nd degree murder. Intent to kill. Idiot.

Have you got any evidence to back up that statement?

Quote:

Anyone have ideas about driving after a drink or two?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvUQcnfwUUM

MHz
As part of his defense his Lawyer should argue that being of limited intelligence and an avid fan of mainstream TV that shows many shows where booze is consumed pretty much any time of the day and certainly during the 'business hours' of the day that he 'assumed a few drinks' would be okay as nothing ever happened to the drinkers in the shows.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

yeah here's an idea. if ye wanna get soused, don't drive. kinda a no brainer

I'm sure the auto industry could install something that would limit top speed to about 20kph and have a flashing light to warn people about the condition of the driver.

No buses. I was never the lazy type.

His post was about short buses being reserved for retards. Do what you must.

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Explain why the nickname for wine is 'porch climber'.

Now in all fairness, that's only referring to Boone's Farm Wine

No, because it is a provincial responsibility, not a federal one.

MHz
+1
So basically it hits the pressure cooker and upped in % until it can be used as scented lamp oil or run a lawnmower (unscented).

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

As part of his defense his Lawyer should argue that being of limited intelligence and an avid fan of mainstream TV that shows many shows where booze is consumed pretty much any time of the day and certainly during the 'business hours' of the day that he 'assumed a few drinks' would be okay as nothing ever happened to the drinkers in the shows.

I'm sure the auto industry could install something that would limit top speed to about 20kph and have a flashing light to warn people about the condition of the driver.

The tech already exists. It's basically a breathalyzer/ignition interlock. You have to blow into it and if your BAC is below the set limit the ignition switch will unlock so you can start it. Or something like that. The problem is, if you have a sober friend that's a goof, they can start your car for you.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Now in all fairness, that's only referring to Boone's Farm Wine

No, because it is a provincial responsibility, not a federal one.

Impaired driving falls under the criminal code which to my knowledge falls under Federal jurisdiction.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Impaired driving falls under the criminal code which to my knowledge falls under Federal jurisdiction.

Federal is .08 but the limit could be lower in different provinces....

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Federal is .08 but the limit could be lower in different provinces....

Absolutely!

Cannuck

http://www.plea.org/legal_resources/...chTxt=Criminal

taxslave
+2

....but that's only because you're overly emotional

And you are overly stupid.

It's a little confusing I believe 0.08 is the legal limit as far as laying a criminal charge is concerned. However they can do sh*t to you out of court for blowing 0.05, like a few days suspension or impounding your vehicle (which incidentally I'm not against). If it saves one life why not? I have personally found that at 0% you are safe from any sh*t.

Some people can be A$$holes when they are stone sober!

ANd some couldn't drive $hit through a funnel on a good day.

AnnaG

I explained that when I first came back into CC. Everyone here trolls to some extent, and you did it yourself by ignoring the topic and jabbing at me.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

It's already in Criminal Code of Canada. It's upto Provinces to enforce and mandate stricter interpretations like getting a 24 roadside suspensions for as little as 1 drink or a doobie.

Exactly. As in the firearms laws, if the laws are not enforced, then making the laws in the first place was a waste of time and money. Or even making new laws that would not be enforced. But then gov't is in the business of wasting money and time.