MEGXIT - Prince Harry, Meghan move to Canada 🇨🇦

Ocean Breeze
Hence the name: Frogmore?? I was curious as to where that came from. Apparently Meghan did get a voice over part in some Disney schtick. but wanted here salary to be contributed to some cause. Meghan can probably find a job on her own.............but what will Harry do for "work " He is a college grad.......but what is his skill set that can translate into a job??

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Hence the name: Frogmore?? I was curious as to where that came from. Apparently Meghan did get a voice over part in some Disney schtick. but wanted here salary to be contributed to some cause. Meghan can probably find a job on her own.............but what will Harry do for "work " He is a college grad.......but what is his skill set that can translate into a job??

A source close to the royal family, journalist Rebecca English, who first met Harry back in Lesotho in 2006, says he often spoke to her about wanting to start afresh. "'I would love to just go and work as a tour guide, you know? Just go off into the bush and be me,’" she writes for the Daily Mail, quoting Harry himself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cos...nce-harry-job/

Harry loves Lesotho. He set up the charity Sentebale. Sentebale supports the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people affected by HIV in Lesotho and Botswana. He's often visiting that small southern African country. Maybe he will now fulfil his dream of becoming a tour guide, maybe in Lesotho or neighbouring South Africa or Botswana.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Jan 18th, 2020 at 06:11 PM..

B00Mer
+2
She's a US citizen, why doesn't she return to the USA??

petros
+2
If my grandmother killed my mom and hated my mulatto wife, I'd move my wife and kid to another continent too.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

A source close to the royal family, journalist Rebecca English, who first met Harry back in Lesotho in 2006, says he often spoke to her about wanting to start afresh. "'I would love to just go and work as a tour guide, you know? Just go off into the bush and be me,’" she writes for the Daily Mail, quoting Harry himself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cos...nce-harry-job/

Harry loves Lesotho. He set up the charity Sentebale. Sentebale supports the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people affected by HIV in Lesotho and Botswana. He's often visiting that small southern African country. Maybe he will now fulfil his dream of becoming a tour guide, maybe in Lesotho or neighbouring South Africa or Botswana.

I think he has the personality for "Tour Guide"..............but not sure the income that kind of job would yield could come close to what their lifestyle demands. they would have to make some major lifestyle adjustments for that to work.It could also be seasonal. But I do think that the structure of a working week...........would be good for him........ He seemed quite happy in the military.........where there is a lot of structure. Structure provides security..

I guess we just wait to see what he comes up with. Hard to say if it will bringin the salary he/ they have been accustomed to.

at the moment they are living in a millionaires mansion in Bc ( Vancouver Island.......near Victoria) that was arranged for them by David Foster. She travels by float plane from the island to the lower mainland to do her ...........whatever it is she does. The two places she visited had barely anhr advance notice that she was coming. The ferry ride from Van Island and the mainland...takes about 1hr and 45 min.

Ron in Regina
+3
Any idea what class of drivers license Harry has? I'm assuming he can pass a criminal record check & has a valid passport. We're hiring. He'll have to pass the pre-employment drug screening and stay clean, but he could enter the exciting world of international transport hauling RV's from the plants where they're made in the US to dealerships in Western Canada where they'll be sold....if he qualifies.

We use the Eco-Friendly Unicorn Fart powered Kenworth T370's for the most part. Actually, what comes out of the tailpipe on these is potentially cleaner than the air going into the engine depending on where it's traveling. Unfortunately even Unicorn Farts can gel up in this current spat of Global Warming/Cooling/Changing that we're currently experiencing. We where thinking of converting one of them to run on rendered Polar Bears like David Suzuki's bus but bio-fuels just don't do well in our winter climate (unless diluted with at least about 96% real Western Canadian Winter Diesel).

Ron in Regina
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Not until Trump is out of office in 2024 after his second term I've heard, then they'll head for Hollywood.

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Not until Trump is out of office in 2024 after his second term I've heard, then they'll head for Hollywood.

So 2032 I guess..

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Once the Queen goes, sad is it will be, the rest of the British monarchy will fade into more of a cheap tourism stunt.
All this stuff will fade into oblivion, like the rest of us.

The Queen has no real power. The royals have just been for show since I was a child.

NZDoug
They lost the plot imho when Dianna died and wing nut ears was cheating with Camilla.
She's not my queen.
El Paso, as we say in Texas.

Blackleaf
+1
After Ricky Gervais, another British actor has attacked the woke crowd and the lefty liberals. Whilst doing so, Laurence Fox has been lobbing some of their favourite insults back at them.

Once again, the Twitterati are in a tizzy, attacking him from all fronts as he just bats them away like flies.

The row comes after Fox, 41, accused university lecturer Rachel Boyle of 'being racist' on BBC Question Time after she called him 'a white privileged male' for denying the Duchess of Sussex was hounded from Britain for being mixed-race.

On BBC's Question Time, Laurence Fox -
who has also attacked wokeness in women under 35 and said he would never date a woman under that age - said 'throwing the card of racism at everybody... [is] really starting to get boring'.

Hence a shitstorm...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EWfV94rqY3E

DaSleeper
+2
I still don't see why the Canadian taxpayer should foot the bill for their security.
Especially since he abdicated!

Blackleaf
Harry and Meghan: PM says the country wishes them well for the future

BBC News
19 January 2020

The Queen smiled broadly as she was greeted at St Mary the Virgin Church in Norfolk this morning

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the whole country will want to wish the Duke and Duchess of Sussex well for the future as they give up royal duties.

It came as the Queen went to church near Sandringham in her first public appearance since it was announced the couple were giving up their HRH titles.

In her statement yesterday she wished them "a happy and peaceful new life".

But Thomas Markle, Meghan's father, accused them of "cheapening" the Royal Family.

Speaking briefly to reporters at a summit in Berlin, Mr Johnson said he had been confident the Royal Family would find a way forward for Prince Harry and Meghan, adding: "I think the whole country will want to join in wishing them the very best for the future."

The Queen was met by about 100 well-wishers outside St Mary the Virgin Church in Hillington, Norfolk, where she arrived with the Duke of York.

Announcing the decision over the duke and duchess in a statement on Saturday, she said she was "particularly proud" of how quickly Meghan became one of the family and said she, Harry and Archie would always be "much loved".

The new arrangements, which will begin in the spring, mean the couple will no longer use their HRH titles and will not formally represent the Queen.

HRH, an abbreviation of His/Her Royal Highness, is used as part of the title of some members of the Royal Family.

The duke and duchess will receive no public funds for royal duties and intend to repay £2.4m of taxpayer money used for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage.

The house in Windsor, for which they will pay rent, will remain their family home as they divide their time between the UK and Canada.

Prince Harry and Meghan said they wanted to "step back" from their role as senior royals after both speaking about the media scrutiny.

The duchess is suing the Mail on Sunday for publishing what she says was a private letter to her father, raising the prospect of him testifying against her in court.

In comments for a forthcoming Channel 5 documentary which emerged on Sunday, Thomas Markle said the Royal Family is "one of the greatest long-living institutions ever" and accused the couple of "destroying it, they are cheapening it, making it shabby".

"Every young girl wants to become a princess and she got that and now she's tossing that away," he said. "It looks like she's tossing that away for money."

The announcement about the couple's future comes after they held talks with the Queen on Monday.

The Queen said following "many months of conversations and more recent discussions" she was "pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family".

In its statement, Buckingham Palace said: "The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family."

BBC royal correspondent Daniela Relph told BBC Radio 5 Live: "When they first issued that statement about what they wanted, (on 8 January) they talked about forging this progressive role within the Royal Family, about stepping back from royal duties. This isn't stepping back, it's stepping away entirely."

She said the question that will "hang over them" for the next year is what their commercial life will look like.

Buckingham Palace said the duke and duchess understood they were required to withdraw from royal duties, including official military appointments.

"While they can no longer formally represent the Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty," it said.

The statement added that the pair would continue to maintain their private patronages and associations - the duke currently holds 16 patronages, including the Invictus Games Foundation, the Royal Marines and the Rugby Football League; and the duchess four - the National Theatre, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, London-based animal charity Mayhew, and women's charity Smart Works.

Prince Harry outside Buckingham Palace for the Rugby League World Cup draw on Thursday

The Rugby League has said it is delighted Prince Harry would continue as its patron. He held the world cup draw at Buckingham Palace on Thursday.

Rhino Conservation Botswana also welcomed his ongoing support.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51168400

AnnaEmber
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Probably doesn't want her pussy grabbed by the orange clown. lol

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I saw a clip on the internet of Harry chatting to some Disney bigwig, trying to persuade him to give Meghan a voice part in an upcoming Disney movie, but he didn't seem that interested.

I don't know what's going to happen but Harry should have listened to his big brother's advice and got to know Meghan better first before marrying her. As for her, she seems out of her depth marrying into the Royal Family. I don't think she knew what she was getting herself into. This is unlike Catherine, who was prepped by the wiser William and even her family before they married.

Just to point out, Frogmore Cottage is in Windsor, Berkshire, to the west of London. It was built in 1801 on the direction of Queen Charlotte, George III's wife and Harry's great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother.

The cottage was originally known as Double Garden Cottage, but took its current name from when Queen Victoria (George III's and Charlotte's granddaughter) had breakfast at the cottage on 28th June 1875 and noted an "immense number of little frogs" which she found "quite disgusting".

OH THAT`S NICE............................................

AND COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAPA PRINCE Charles has just announced that he will be contributing some of his own private funds..........................

to the couple for their upkeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As HE SHOULD OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all - being born into such a WEIRD FAMILY BIZ has to be borderline insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And really - how many ribbons need cutting anyway???????????????????????

Harry is to be commended for being as down to earth as he apparently is.................................

while resisting the pull of all that family baggage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By all accounts the guy performed quite decently as a soldier in Afghanistan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a level head WELL GROUNDED EMERGES CALMLY FROM CRAP LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in other news - Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals are still ARGUING WITH CDN SOLDIERS.........................

ABOUT WHAT COMPENSATION THEY DESERVE FOR NOT BEING ABLE .......................................

TO EMERGE FROM AFGHANISTAN WITH THE SAME CALM PEACE OF MIND AS HARRY WALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS PEA BRAIN MENTAL MIDGETS LIKE BLACKLEAF AND PETROS THAT HARRY..................................

IS TRYING TO AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxslave
+2

Politician? GOvernment employee? Except in Canada he will have to speak French to work for the feds.

spilledthebeer

Military officer.....................

Security work of some sort.........he could be his own first customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Public Relations........................the guy is certainly comfortable in front of a crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he will take up Cdn citizenship and try to get elected???????????????????????

LIE-beral John Turner was a Brit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral Dion is a dual French/Cdn citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDPee Tom Mulcair is dual French and Cdn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of precedent for dual citizen MP`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all there are currently TWENTY TWO MP`s with either DUAL OR TRIPLE CITIZENSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly I think having triple citizenship shows a dangerous lack of ability to commit to much of anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ocean Breeze
+1
Meghan's father says his daughter and Harry are 'cheapening the royals'

https://news.sky.com/story/meghans-f...oyals-11912383

B00Mer
+3

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I still don't see why the Canadian taxpayer should foot the bill for their security.
Especially since he abdicated!

That brings up an interesting Question. If Harry abdicated his duties as Royal Parasite does he even qualify for taxpayer subsidized security?

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That brings up an interesting Question. If Harry abdicated his duties as Royal Parasite does he even qualify for taxpayer subsidized security?

A quick google search:

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

73%

Of those polled, 73% said Canadian taxpayers should not pay for any of the costs associated with living in the country. Prince Harry and Ms. Markle announced in an Instagram post last week they had chosen “to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role” within the royal family.”

B00Mer
+1
Eh Megan & Harry if you happen to read this..

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Politician? GOvernment employee? Except in Canada he will have to speak French to work for the feds.

Sounds like the guy should buy a house in Banff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just head to Alberta where spoken English is KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And B.C. is not exactly a hot bed of French language or culture EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the B.C. coastal climate is probably closer to what Harry is used to in England?????????????????

B00Mer
https://www.zepp.news/prince-harry-e...m_content=1786

Yet Trudeau agrees to pay 10 million dollars for the security

NZDoug
+1
Meg and Harry could easily make big bucks.
Imagine if they endorse the herb?
Win Win !

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Meg and Harry could easily make big bucks.
Imagine if they endorse the herb?
Win Win !

Apparently you are unaware that Cdn LEGAL WEED SALES ARE LOW now............................

FALLING AS WE SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legal Weed is a costly novelty item that backfired on LIE-berals who were planning to turn it into a civil service job creation SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackleaf
+1

What is it with Meghan? First she somehow caused her real family to fall out with her and then she caused her husband's family to fall out with her.

Twin_Moose
He must have heard the taxpayers view on the issue, and trying to keep it under the radar

Trudeau stays mum on Sussexes' security costs as Harry returns to B.C.

AnnaEmber

hahaha And incest doesn't?

Twin_Moose
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle issue warning over paparazzi harassment in Canada