Deny Climate Change@Your own Risk.


Tecumsehsbones
+1
#241
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Does that include the fires in California?? LET THEM BURN..........
REALLY????!!!

Yep. They're not manmade, so there's nothing we can or should do about them.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#242
Pete Buttigieg’s Climate Vision: Local Fixes for a Planet in Crisis

https://www.citylab.com/environment/...on-tax/600871/
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+4
#243
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Climate change is like forest fires. . . natural. So there's no reason to fight them.


Forest management practices in Canada have heavily contributed to the current problem we have now.. Too much emphasis has been placed on preventing the natural fire cycles and what we're left with is a situation where we have meters of dead fall (read: tinder) in forests that are at the end of their life cycle by virtue of gvt preventing these natural cycles.


It's gonna get worse before it gets better
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#244
In Sask. and I've seen it in Alta., they have to pile tops and limbs and burn them the next winter when they are dry.

I don't agree with clearcutting, but it does help with clean up and replanting
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
#245

Warming waters north of Japan are triggering a dangerous chain reaction that is threatening an enormous area of the Pacific


Less ice and fewer salmon in northern Japan are being driven by rapid warming in the Sea of Okhotsk, wedged between Siberia and Japan��s northernmost island of Hokkaido. The sea has warmed in some northern regions by as much as 3 degrees Celsius (5.4 degrees Fahrenheit) since preindustrial times, making it one of the fastest warming spots in the world, according to a Washington Post analysis of data from Berkeley Earth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ational&wpmk=1
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
#246
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post


Warming waters north of Japan are triggering a dangerous chain reaction that is threatening an enormous area of the Pacific

Less ice and fewer salmon in northern Japan are being driven by rapid warming in the Sea of Okhotsk, wedged between Siberia and Japan��s northernmost island of Hokkaido. The sea has warmed in some northern regions by as much as 3 degrees Celsius (5.4 degrees Fahrenheit) since preindustrial times, making it one of the fastest warming spots in the world, according to a Washington Post analysis of data from Berkeley Earth.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ational&wpmk=1

You mean, Ontario DIDN'T do it?
 
DaSleeper
+2
#247
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You mean, Ontario DIDN'T do it?

Nope we got record colds to cancel out japan's global warming.....
So let's not panic...........
Last edited by DaSleeper; Nov 12th, 2019 at 07:46 PM..
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-1
#248
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You mean, Ontario DIDN'T do it?

Well, the jury is still out on tat one
 
NZDoug
Free Thinker
+1
#249
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post


Warming waters north of Japan are triggering a dangerous chain reaction that is threatening an enormous area of the Pacific

Less ice and fewer salmon in northern Japan are being driven by rapid warming in the Sea of Okhotsk, wedged between Siberia and Japan��s northernmost island of Hokkaido. The sea has warmed in some northern regions by as much as 3 degrees Celsius (5.4 degrees Fahrenheit) since preindustrial times, making it one of the fastest warming spots in the world, according to a Washington Post analysis of data from Berkeley Earth.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ational&wpmk=1

Plus its got all that Fukashima nuke juice combo for extra freak out.
Fish, anyone?
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-1
#250
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Plus its got all that Fukashima nuke juice combo for extra freak out.
Fish, anyone?

The humanoid is not the most responsible resident on the wonderful planet. Such abuse.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-1
#251

Greenland ice losses are rapidly accelerating and are now in line with the ice sheet’s highest sea-level scenario, scientists say


The new study by 89 scientists, published Tuesday in the journal Nature, suggests global sea-level rise by 2100 may be higher than previously thought.

The Greenland ice sheet’s total losses nearly doubled each decade, from 33 billion tons per year in the 1990s to an average now of 254 billion tons annually, scientists said.

Over the past three decades, nearly 4 trillion tons of Greenland ice have entered the ocean, an increase that puts another 6 million people at risk of seasonal, annual floods, the new analysis found.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...ational&wpmk=1



What plans are there for Climate migrants......
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#252
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post


Greenland ice losses are rapidly accelerating and are now in line with the ice sheet’s highest sea-level scenario, scientists say


The new study by 89 scientists, published Tuesday in the journal Nature, suggests global sea-level rise by 2100 may be higher than previously thought.

The Greenland ice sheet’s total losses nearly doubled each decade, from 33 billion tons per year in the 1990s to an average now of 254 billion tons annually, scientists said.

Over the past three decades, nearly 4 trillion tons of Greenland ice have entered the ocean, an increase that puts another 6 million people at risk of seasonal, annual floods, the new analysis found.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...ational&wpmk=1



What plans are there for Climate migrants......

Where is this rising sea occurring? The melting Greenland ice sheet may not amount to any sea level rise by 2100 .
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-1
#253
Climate change: Methane pulse detected from South Sudan wetlands

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-env...p+news+stories
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-1
#254
Time Person of the Year: Climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg


Time magazine has chosen Greta Thunberg, a Swedish climate crisis activist, as its person of the year.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/time-pe...berg-1.4725049
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#255
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Time Person of the Year: Climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg


Time magazine has chosen Greta Thunberg, a Swedish climate crisis activist, as its person of the year.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/time-pe...berg-1.4725049

They also have named Hitler as man of the year . She keeps good company.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
#256
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

They also have named Hitler as man of the year . She keeps good company.

You'll never be named "Man of the Year" pigs ... not without a sex change, anyway.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#257

Scientists say Amazon, world��s largest rainforest, is at a tipping point, may begin turning into savanna, unleashing carbon stores


Experts say that continued deforestation and other fast-moving changes in the Amazon threaten to turn parts of the tropical landscape into savanna, devastate wildlife and release billions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere unless more is done to protect the region.

The Amazon is not the only major climate system that scientists say has reached the precipice of uncharted change. Considering the recent news that the Arctic permafrost is thawing more quickly than expected and that Greenland��s ice sheet is melting fast, scientists say key regions of Earth are facing unprecedented changes as climate change intensifies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...ational&wpmk=1
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#258
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post


Scientists say Amazon, world��s largest rainforest, is at a tipping point, may begin turning into savanna, unleashing carbon stores


Experts say that continued deforestation and other fast-moving changes in the Amazon threaten to turn parts of the tropical landscape into savanna, devastate wildlife and release billions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere unless more is done to protect the region.

The Amazon is not the only major climate system that scientists say has reached the precipice of uncharted change. Considering the recent news that the Arctic permafrost is thawing more quickly than expected and that Greenland��s ice sheet is melting fast, scientists say key regions of Earth are facing unprecedented changes as climate change intensifies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...ational&wpmk=1

But it may not . Lots of things may happen .
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+2
#259
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

In other werds, no one is denying climate changes. The real debate is what the cause is and what can be done about it.

I say the Sun causes climate change and peoplekind can do dick about it.

Of course Walter, it is that Sun and nuttin else., it,s that big burning thing in the sky, how the fuk are bipedal organisms lately out of the stone age to be correctly attributed to climate change we can hardly even explained? Too many humans have been convinced that we rule this solar system, when nothing could be further from the truth. The level of ignorance in this place concerning thermo dynamics is frightening. Any human input will continue to remain well below 1 percent for your lifetime, we cannot fuk up the solar system and the solar system knows that. We might cast our investigation back to documented climatic disturbances recorded in stone at which times the catastrophic disturbances were correctly attributed to God, that big hot thing in the sky, you,re CO2 output has nothing to do with planetary climate adjustment. You have to be quite stupid to think you might bother this planet in any way at all. We aint that importent.
Last edited by darkbeaver; Dec 20th, 2019 at 09:14 PM..
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#260
The last decade was the warmest ever recorded, NASA and NOAA find

as-warmest-ever-recorded-nasa-finds-n1116321?cid=eml_nbn_20200115
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1
#261
So, we're back to global warming, are we?
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#262
Denied.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#263
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

The last decade was the warmest ever recorded, NASA and NOAA find

as-warmest-ever-recorded-nasa-finds-n1116321?cid=eml_nbn_20200115

We are all going to die .
 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
#264
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

We are all going to die .



Yes we are - eventually. Just not as the result of Global Warming or Climate Change - sorry to disappoint. But everyone should be happy in that we'll still be here in 10 years (or whatever the timeframe is now). Well, I suppose some of us won't be, but you get my drift (hopefully).
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#265
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Yes we are - eventually. Just not as the result of Global Warming or Climate Change - sorry to disappoint. But everyone should be happy in that we'll still be here in 10 years (or whatever the timeframe is now). Well, I suppose some of us won't be, but you get my drift (hopefully).

I do , we are all going to die .
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#266
Australia fires are pushing Earth's limits with millions of tons of carbon dioxide released, scientists warn

The historic wildfires in Australia unleashed an estimated 900 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, equivalent to nearly double the country's total yearly fossil fuel emissions, according to scientists.

Researchers are concerned that huge pulses of carbon emissions from devastating fire seasons made worse by climate change could overwhelm natural reservoirs that store carbon dioxide and outpace the planet's ability to offset these extreme events.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...l_nbn_20200122
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#267
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Australia fires are pushing Earth's limits with millions of tons of carbon dioxide released, scientists warn

The historic wildfires in Australia unleashed an estimated 900 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, equivalent to nearly double the country's total yearly fossil fuel emissions, according to scientists.

Researchers are concerned that huge pulses of carbon emissions from devastating fire seasons made worse by climate change could overwhelm natural reservoirs that store carbon dioxide and outpace the planet's ability to offset these extreme events.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...l_nbn_20200122

The sky is falling , we are all going to die .
 
NZDoug
Free Thinker
#268
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You mean, Ontario DIDN'T do it?

That would be "Iran did it".
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#269
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Australia fires are pushing Earth's limits with millions of tons of carbon dioxide released, scientists warn
The historic wildfires in Australia unleashed an estimated 900 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, equivalent to nearly double the country's total yearly fossil fuel emissions, according to scientists.
Researchers are concerned that huge pulses of carbon emissions from devastating fire seasons made worse by climate change could overwhelm natural reservoirs that store carbon dioxide and outpace the planet's ability to offset these extreme events.
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...l_nbn_20200122

Climate change terrorists have a lot to answer for, setting the fires was not a smart idea
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#270
Climate Emergency? Do As I Say Not As I Do

What is the climate “emergency”, “crisis”, “catastrophe” (take your pick) really about?

According to teenager Greta Thunberg, who now appears to lead the climate crisis campaign, “It is not just about the environment. It is a crisis of human rights, of justice, and of political will. Colonial, racist and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all.”

So, for anyone thinking that this is about science and rational responses to very real ecological challenges, they have been set straight. This is about total revolution. This revolution will require the combined efforts of the likes of Karl Marx, George Washington and Fidel Castro – at the very least. Curbing emissions is clearly a tiny part of this class struggle.

If the running dogs of capitalism and patriarchy are to be silenced once and for all, we must screw up our courage, gird our loins, and jet off to the latest climate change conference – this time in Madrid, Spain. This one doesn’t look to be quite as much fun as the last soirée in Sicily. That one had hundreds of private jets, mega yachts and helicopters bringing the rich and famous to the gigantic party.

There, the actors, royals and assorted beautiful people in attendance broke off from the celebrations only long enough to denounce the truck drivers and farmers who insisted on staying home and shamelessly burning diesel fuel in their trucks and tractors – for the rather mundane purpose of earning a living.

The Madrid climate catastrophe party crowd will probably be wondering how their icon, Greta, will arrive this time. It will be recalled that she sailed to the New York climate change conference in a high-tech yacht so she wouldn’t be accused of burning fossil fuel to get to the conference. The fact that the captain of the yacht had to be flown across the ocean to do this did not bother her adoring fans.

Nor did the fact that a camera crew followed her across the ocean in a fuel guzzling ship. Nor, apparently did the fact that wherever she goes an entourage flies on jets to join her. Did it ever occur to Greta – and the thousands of people who have gone to the hundreds of climate change conferences all over the world – that if they really were concerned about emissions they would stay home and hold their conferences by all of the modern communication vehicles this internet allows us? Apparently not.

It is a fact that the fuel it takes to keep an Airbus in the air for one day is enough to enable a farmer working 3,000 acres to keep his operation going for more than ten years. In fact, the fuel used by the jet set to get to and from just one climate party would power the average Indian village for years.

If these people flying and yachting to climate change conferences really believed that there was a “climate crisis” or “catastrophe” or (whatever overheated words they find to use next) they would clearly not jump on jets and attend climate change parties. If there was a crisis or an emergency, they would take emergency action – no more air travel, no more living in huge air conditioned houses, no more chateaus and summer and ski palaces. The politicians would not continue living their opulent lives. The movie stars would scrap their jets and their yachts.

But they don’t and they won’t. In fact, they continue living their highly privileged lives while telling the truck drivers and farmers back home that they must pay whatever new taxes, or endure whatever new restrictions the jet setters decree from their Madrid luxury hotel rooms.

Our own Prime Minister went from using the phrase “climate change” to “climate crisis” without taking a breath during the recent election. His compatriots upped the rhetoric even more, using even more apocalyptical words. Few noticed that right after the election – right after the “climate crisis” talk – our fearless leader jumped on his jet to go skiing or surfing, and his colleagues flew off to their chateaus or winter palaces, without missing a beat. Further notice that now that the election has been won the Liberals have gone back to talking about “climate change” and have ditched – until the next election, that is – the scarier words like “crisis” and “emergency”.

Obviously, the people yowling the loudest about a “crisis” or “emergency” or “catastrophe” know that there is no such thing happening.

Yes, there are serious ecological challenges, including a warming planet. And yes, serious planning for the future must take place. But the continual hyping of the issue is totally unproductive if the goal is to meet those ecological challenges.

Even the world’s most senior scientists are now warning that the climate emergency scaremongers have gone too far. Petteri Taalas, who is described as the world’s top meteorologist, and a senior IPCC scientist, recently warned that the climate crisis extremists are misleading the public with their scare tactics. He is quoted as saying that to the climate scare crowd “this has taken on all the elements of religious extremism”.

It is not hard to find evidence of the extremism of which Taalas speaks. Predictions that we only have ten years to save the planet (made by Al Gore in 2006 – Prince Charles went further and only gave us eight years) have thoroughly scared children, like Greta.

Those dire predictions, and the alarmist rhetoric have even resulted in gullible people giving up on the idea of having children, so worried are they about adding more CO2 to the atmosphere.

And those extremists have found their saint in that scared child. As her words reveal, finding practical solutions to ecological problems is not even their goal now. The goal is the same one that Karl Marx or history’s religious icons had in mind. It is changing the world into the green Marxist utopia they want. The climate issue is now only the excuse they use to accomplish what they see as this higher goal.

But by hyping climate change into a “crisis”, “emergency” and “catastrophe” to win an election, the Liberals have painted themselves into a corner. They know that there is no emergency, but to please the people who took them at their word, they are now being pushed into doing things that will do great damage to the economy, while accomplishing absolutely nothing worldwide. Canada is in for a rough ride.

The politicians should come clean and tell the truth: there is no emergency. Panic and scare tactics do not solve problems – cool heads and smart-thinking do.

fcpp.org/2020/01/11/climate-emergency-do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do/