What's in Plant-Based-Meats

AnnaEmber
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Planning on making sausage from raw meat?

We do that, too. Then we cook it. Some meat is raw but smoked and spiced, usually with a hefty bit of cayenne when we make snacking sausage.

AnnaEmber
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

Maybe not. I don't think these standards apply to "wild" meat? (Depending where it was obtained). They also don't let me know whether, or when, a sample has been tested from the actual meat that's on my plate. There are risks associated with everything we ingest; some easily identified and some not. 'Education' about Canadian regulations-on-paper may not be a big help there.

Yep, life's full of risks.
We'd rather accept risks from wild meats than the chemically-laden crap from commercial enterprises, for the most part.

AnnaEmber
+1

Unvaccinated cattle can't graze. It's a death sentence for a calf.

Geee, how did cattle ever survive before vaccinations were discovered?

Twin_Moose
+2

Better to let them suffer and die than give them a vitamin boost when they are born, or an anti-biotic for sick cows or calves. Vitamins/anti-biotics good for humans bad for livestock phuck me unreal. Growth hormones were and are the target of elimination in livestock and obeying the cooling off period of selling livestock after treatment so infected meat does not hit the food chain.

Twin_Moose
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Geee, how did cattle ever survive before vaccinations were discovered?

They suffered in some really big ways Black leg decimated some herds they were culled and destroyed in mass amounts. Also historically herds were small with high calf death, since most farms grew for themselves and urban centers were small on the most part.

If your pet is sick do you take it to the vet to be treated?

p.s. the green was by mistake

AnnaEmber
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

They suffered in some really big ways Black leg decimated some herds they were culled and destroyed in mass amounts. Also historically herds were small with high calf death, since most farms grew for themselves and urban centers were small on the most part.

If your pet is sick do you take it to the vet to be treated?

p.s. the green was by mistake

And now cattle are subject to superviruses because the bugs are developing resitances to regular anti-biotics.
As time passed, farmers were becoming more and more aware of stuff affecting their beasts and so were able to combat stuff easier and faster. And that's beside some cattle becoming resistant to infections and stuff, too. And it isn't as if cattle can't be contaminated in feed lots and other commercial venues.
You want to eat chemical concoctions, you go right ahead. I don't.

Twin_Moose
+1

And now cattle are subject to superviruses because the bugs are developing resitances to regular anti-biotics.
As time passed, farmers were becoming more and more aware of stuff affecting their beasts and so were able to combat stuff easier and faster. And that's beside some cattle becoming resistant to infections and stuff, too. And it isn't as if cattle can't be contaminated in feed lots and other commercial venues.
You want to eat chemical concoctions, you go right ahead. I don't.

So you are a rancher? Cause I've never seen any of this in our herd, our family has raised cattle since 1920, how long have you been raising cattle?

spilledthebeer
+1

And WHAT does that have to do with LIE-beral desire.............................

to OWN EVERYTHING..................................

to CONTROL EVERYTHING...................................

and to be RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTHING?????????

And your claim that "un-vaccinated cattle cannot graze"................................

sounds like UNSUBSTANTIATED Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What it apparently comes down to is that un-vaccinated cattle cannot remain healthy under the feedlot conditions...............................

that LIE-berals so often allow to prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty odd years ago the alleged largest cattle feed lot in Ontari-owe was located north of Oshawa.........................

and it was quite a sight- 150 or more acres of MUD laced with manure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

An OBVIOUS HEALTH ISSUE for the THOUSANDS of animals packed onto that land.........................................

and all living and eating - crowded together like that ...................................

in an ankle deep swamp of mud and their own droppings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Cattle graze just fine in HEALTHY SURROUNDINGS - as the cattle owned by neighbours of my inlaws proved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the FACT REMAINS - that beef laced with some anti-biotics is still better for you......................................

than the ARTIFICIAL "its not meat" CRAP being peddled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is ample reason to BEWARE of non meat products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have only to look at the sudden health trouble of people who thought vaping was more healthy than tobacco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or we could look at the consequences of using artificial sweeteners that are supposed to be better for you than sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or we could discuss the fact that margarine may taste like butter but that does NOT make it good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fake meat is just another DIET FAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer
+1

Better to let them suffer and die than give them a vitamin boost when they are born, or an anti-biotic for sick cows or calves. Vitamins/anti-biotics good for humans bad for livestock phuck me unreal. Growth hormones were and are the target of elimination in livestock and obeying the cooling off period of selling livestock after treatment so infected meat does not hit the food chain.

Oh.............better be careful there....................................

AnnaEmber might be one of those "anti vaxers" who thinks nature should take its course..................................

and thin the human herd with Measles and Mumps and Rubella etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She probably objects to humans being vaccinated - just as much less COWS getting shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnaEmber

So you are a rancher? Cause I've never seen any of this in our herd, our family has raised cattle since 1920, how long have you been raising cattle?

So that makes you omniscient? lol
I don't raise cattle. I raise chickens. My cousin raises cattle (and bison).
So you don't think viruses can affect cattle like they do humans? hahahaha
Like I said, You want to eat chemical concoctions, you go right ahead. I don't.
Last edited by AnnaEmber; Dec 17th, 2019 at 02:36 PM..

spilledthebeer
+1

Oh Ember.................................

your avoidance of intelligent debate about the quality of animal feed..............................

and the living conditions they are raised under .....................................

when you are confronted................

is laughable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Life on a HOBBY FARM like yours..........................

is VERY DIFFERENT from life on a WORKING FARM..............................

where the "produce" MUST PAY THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Without having any handy little HOG PENSIONS to fall back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Of course they can get viruses and I've said as much that is why you treat them so they don't suffer or die, I guess you are in favor of sick animals in the food supply? Btw what do you do with your sick chickens? And they do get sick, do you mix it in the water, dry, or injection?

spilledthebeer
+1

Of course they can get viruses and I've said as much that is why you treat them so they don't suffer or die, I guess you are in favor of sick animals in the food supply? Btw what do you do with your sick chickens? And they do get sick, do you mix it in the water, dry, or injection?

Poor Ember......................................

she is HOPELESSLY LOST.............................

in her own life style contradictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!