+3 / -1

Blackleaf
Quorn.

Disgusting.

NZDoug
+2
We beat the cows to it.
Less blood.
But I still pray for the plants as I hear them scream in terror....
SAD.

Jinentonix
+3
A) That heme shit isn't FDA approved.

B) The Impossible Burgers might as well be called Round-Up Burgers with all the glyphosate in them.

C) There is genetic material in those fake meats that have never been part of the human food chain until now. NO studies were done to test the effects of consuming this new genetic material.

D) It's hilarious watching the veg-heads clamouring on about plant protein and yet are still convinced that gluten is bad for you, even if you don't have Celiac's Disease.

petros
+2
You need three ingredients to sell any entree meal regardless of the base material.

It will taste good if you have these three ingredients:
  1. Salt
  2. Garlic
  3. Oil (fat)

Decapoda
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

A) That heme shit isn't FDA approved.

B) The Impossible Burgers might as well be called Round-Up Burgers with all the glyphosate in them.

C) There is genetic material in those fake meats that have never been part of the human food chain until now. NO studies were done to test the effects of consuming this new genetic material.

D) It's hilarious watching the veg-heads clamouring on about plant protein and yet are still convinced that gluten is bad for you, even if you don't have Celiac's Disease.

I could have sworn people were losing their shit over "frankenfoods" not so long ago. How fast things change.

I see that idiotic cue-ball on TV almost daily pushing A&W "antibiotic-free beef"....but their "not quite meat" burgers are the rage. They must think people are morons. Actually....uh, never mind.

AnnaEmber
And storebought animal-based meats are all healthy? hahaha
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, a large percentage of nitrogen make meat look red. Antibiotics. Growth hprmone. And lots of bacteria, sometimes pathogenic bacteria.

Cliffy
+2
Life is hazardous to your health.

petros
+4
#9  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

I could have sworn people were losing their shit over "frankenfoods" not so long ago. How fast things change.
I see that idiotic cue-ball on TV almost daily pushing A&W "antibiotic-free beef"....but their "not quite meat" burgers are the rage. They must think people are morons. Actually....uh, never mind.

The colorful marketing gets better. They portray a 50s drive-in theme right, so a 56 burger must be a throwback thing.

Nah, its s 2oz burger which is 56 grams.

taxslave
+3
All about marketing. Look how many people bought into the globull warming tax scam.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Fake Meat for the person who does not think vaping is dangerous enough!!!!!!!!!!

Jinentonix
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

All about marketing. Look how many people bought into the globull warming tax scam.

Govts were able to pull that off after they realized how gullible and stupid people were over the whole Y2K scam.

Jinentonix
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

And storebought animal-based meats are all healthy? hahaha
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, a large percentage of nitrogen make meat look red. Antibiotics. Growth hprmone. And lots of bacteria, sometimes pathogenic bacteria.

CO2 is used in MAP, or Modified Atmospheric packaging for meat. It helps keep meat fresh for longer. CO is used primarily in processed meats and fish. And the nitrogen is found naturally in meat. Beef, pork, chicken and several fruits and vegetables are nitrogen-rich foods to begin with.
Antibiotics and growth hormones are also used on fruit and honey bees. However in Canada there are strict limits between the time an animal receives antibiotics and when it can be slaughtered for market. Of course that depends entirely on the govt's commitment to food safety and public health.
One last thing. Study after study has been done on the health risks associated with highly processed foods. And yet these lab-created fake meats are about as processed as any food can get. They are 100% shit.

VIBC
+1

... these lab-created fake meats are about as processed as any food can get. They are 100% shit.

Applying an adjective - or a noun - to the description of a substance doesn't determine its real physical or chemical properties, regardless of whether or not they're acceptable. Better to look for a specific, unbiased analysis - if such a thing exists .

petros
There is a lot of confusion between USDA standards and CFIA standards.

AnnaEmber
+1

CO2 is used in MAP, or Modified Atmospheric packaging for meat. It helps keep meat fresh for longer. CO is used primarily in processed meats and fish. And the nitrogen is found naturally in meat. Beef, pork, chicken and several fruits and vegetables are nitrogen-rich foods to begin with.
Antibiotics and growth hormones are also used on fruit and honey bees. However in Canada there are strict limits between the time an animal receives antibiotics and when it can be slaughtered for market. Of course that depends entirely on the govt's commitment to food safety and public health.
One last thing. Study after study has been done on the health risks associated with highly processed foods. And yet these lab-created fake meats are about as processed as any food can get. They are 100% shit.

WHatever. Any stuff not naturally in meats makes it suspect. It's why hubby and I eat mostly wild. And a lot of that crap affects the flavour, as well. We want to preserve foods, we can it, dry it, smoke it, or freeze it, not add crap to it.

petros
+1
You might want to educate yourself on Canadian meat.

AnnaEmber
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You might want to educate yourself on Canadian meat.

Why? Isn't this https://www.inspection.gc.ca/about-t.../1521204102836 enough?

petros
+1
Planning on making sausage from raw meat?

VIBC
+2

Maybe not. I don't think these standards apply to "wild" meat? (Depending where it was obtained). They also don't let me know whether, or when, a sample has been tested from the actual meat that's on my plate. There are risks associated with everything we ingest; some easily identified and some not. 'Education' about Canadian regulations-on-paper may not be a big help there.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Not to worry..................................

Just because some chemical corporations and junk food

emporiums noted for the toxic quality of their sodium and fat laced "organic" food are advertising it heavily......................

DOES NOT MEAN it is widely accepted by the public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer
+1

Well - TO BE FAIR - all those Nitrites and Nitrates ARE LISTED................................

on your package of hot dogs or sausages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for "head meat" and what I the layman would refer to as "organ meat" - surely EVERYBODY has heard of the stuff that goes into

things like Bologna and hot dogs - by which I mean I was especially impressed to read some years back that ground up Hog bladders

apparently including the prostate gland - are supposedly considered suitable for hot dogs!!!!!!!!

No word on what becomes of Hog testicles though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the plus side - hog marketers have found a nice new market for Pigs Ears...............................

dried and sold as a doggy TREAT at Bulk Barn and other such locations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waste not - want not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinentonix
+2

WHatever. Any stuff not naturally in meats makes it suspect. It's why hubby and I eat mostly wild. And a lot of that crap affects the flavour, as well. We want to preserve foods, we can it, dry it, smoke it, or freeze it, not add crap to it.

Oh hey, I get it. We don't buy store bought meat either. We get ours from my brother-in law's farm. Everything is naturally raised, naturally fed, hormone-free and anti-biotic-free.

The reason CO2 is used for meat packaging is because oxygen makes organic material rot really fast. Carbon monoxide found in meats is usually from some sort of smoking process. I can almost guarantee you if you smoke wild meat you'll find traces of CO in it as well when you're done.

But if you want a really good reason to not buy meat from the store, this is a doozy. I now this happens because I have a friend who quit her job over it. When something like say, chicken that's sitting in the grocery cooler shelf reaches it's best before date, she was told to take the meat, unwrap it, dump it in a vat of ice water to sit, rinse it off then repack it and mark it as fresh packed that day. And that shit was going on years ago. I've heard other "rumours" about that same process from other people as well.

HarperCons
what's the source of your shitty meme dummy?

spilledthebeer

Oh hey, I get it. We don't buy store bought meat either. We get ours from my brother-in law's farm. Everything is naturally raised, naturally fed, hormone-free and anti-biotic-free.

The reason CO2 is used for meat packaging is because oxygen makes organic material rot really fast. Carbon monoxide found in meats is usually from some sort of smoking process. I can almost guarantee you if you smoke wild meat you'll find traces of CO in it as well when you're done.

But if you want a really good reason to not buy meat from the store, this is a doozy. I now this happens because I have a friend who quit her job over it. When something like say, chicken that's sitting in the grocery cooler shelf reaches it's best before date, she was told to take the meat, unwrap it, dump it in a vat of ice water to sit, rinse it off then repack it and mark it as fresh packed that day. And that shit was going on years ago. I've heard other "rumours" about that same process from other people as well.

Yeah - tv show W-5 did an expose of how supermarkets "recycle" food nearing its "best before" date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repackaging it and often putting it into pre-packaged meals etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And frankly I have had my suspicions about a certain local market that I GUESSED used to occasionally "repackage" bags of milk......................

you know - those 4 litre packs that have 3 separate bags inside..........................

and I would buy a pack and one of the 3 bags would GO BAD at lightning speed..................................

and it happened often enough that I concluded the market was playing "mix and match" switching in older bags along with the newer

ones to make it easier to get rid of aging milk and the market then playing innocent when one bag went rotten really fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happily the store seems to have dropped that BAD HABIT...........................................

habit after people caught on and the store milk sales plummeted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros
+1

All calves get shots. It's illegal to sell otherwise.

B00Mer
>>>> Pink slime <<<<

Anyone for McDonalds today??

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

All calves get shots. It's illegal to sell otherwise.

Oh dear me..........................enjoy that meat while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of people who are OBLIVIOUS to LIE-beral hostility...............................

to people who bypass the LIE-beral supply chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in the process - do an end run around LIE-beral taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know a certain number of hobby farmers and it is a fact the LIE-beral govt would like to SHUT SUCH PEOPLE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such people are seen as a nuisance - stealing LIE-beral gravy with their under the table deals............................

while at the same time they DEMAND good road service - meaning pot holes filled and snow plowed efficiently.............................

so they can swiftly COMMUTE to city jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even worse - as Wynne-bag Ontari-owe LIE-berals will tell you - is the country persons BITCHING about fallen power lines!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are GROSSLY OFFENDED at having to supply that costly service to country dwellers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supplying power to condo towers is much cheaper and is PREFERRED by LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals truly want us all emasculated and impoverished and jammed into little boxes in the concrete canyons ...........................

that LIE-berals have designed for us - for our "own good"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meaning LIE-berals expect to benefit greatly from their selfish GREED...................................

after we are rendered poor and semi employed and desperate for govt aid that LIE-berals will dole out................................

in exchange for our VOTESl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for wild meat - our LIE-beral overlords DESPISE people who hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hunters are all regarded by LIE-berals as mouth breathing Troglodytes that have FAILED to become extinct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why LIE-berals are so happy about HARASSING legal gun owners - that LIE-berals consider hunters to be..............................

an evolutionary DEAD END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

>>>> Pink slime <<<<

Anyone for McDonalds today??

Is it different than yesterday?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Oh dear me..........................enjoy that meat while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of people who are OBLIVIOUS to LIE-beral hostility...............................

to people who bypass the LIE-beral supply chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in the process - do an end run around LIE-beral taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know a certain number of hobby farmers and it is a fact the LIE-beral govt would like to SHUT SUCH PEOPLE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such people are seen as a nuisance - stealing LIE-beral gravy with their under the table deals............................
while at the same time they DEMAND good road service - meaning pot holes filled and snow plowed efficiently.............................
so they can swiftly COMMUTE to city jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even worse - as Wynne-bag Ontari-owe LIE-berals will tell you - is the country persons BITCHING about fallen power lines!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIE-berals are GROSSLY OFFENDED at having to supply that costly service to country dwellers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Supplying power to condo towers is much cheaper and is PREFERRED by LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIE-berals truly want us all emasculated and impoverished and jammed into little boxes in the concrete canyons ...........................
that LIE-berals have designed for us - for our "own good"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meaning LIE-berals expect to benefit greatly from their selfish GREED...................................
after we are rendered poor and semi employed and desperate for govt aid that LIE-berals will dole out................................
in exchange for our VOTESl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for wild meat - our LIE-beral overlords DESPISE people who hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hunters are all regarded by LIE-berals as mouth breathing Troglodytes that have FAILED to become extinct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is why LIE-berals are so happy about HARASSING legal gun owners - that LIE-berals consider hunters to be..............................
an evolutionary DEAD END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unvaccinated cattle can't graze. It's a death sentence for a calf.