thoughts: Republican YouTube debate

Kreskin
It never ceases to amaze me that everyone has to pander to the Christian Right on nearly every issue. They can't have gays in the military because it "might offend those of the Judeo Christian values". The Bible is everyone's favorite book. God bless America..blah blah. If they could get religion out of politics the world would be a better place.

I have to agree with McCain, that the issue of sanctioning torturing is defining issue for Americans. As he said you can't lead anyone to the high road unless you take the same path.

Tonington
Thompson actually said at one point that Roe v Wade was the single most important issue... Shhuttdafukup! blahh blahh

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Thompson actually said at one point that Roe v Wade was the single most important issue... Shhuttdafukup! blahh blahh

It's just nuts. A handful of wackos hold a swing vote and thus shape every policy they have.

karrie
No Party Affiliation
I like McCain because it seems he doesn't hesitate to speak up when the party line is harmful for the country as a whole.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
If they would understand religion is just an opinion shared by a group of like-minded people, they might learn to be as humble as they preach they are taught....

Woof!

Toro
About a third of the Republican party are evangelicals.

darkbeaver
Republican
Margret Locke who I was lucky enough to catch on Ideas tonight I think would say it was a developement of cultural anthropology, she also spoke about biological anthropology. The seris (Ideas) is called How to Think About Science, which made me think about Dexter Sinister, next epesode Ian Haking will speak. A very nice lecture while at the same time a very strong buzz. Of particular interest was the stark differences between menopausal women in North America and Japanese women. This study she conducted in the eightys. I found it very interesting in light of the brief whine we had about our afflictions and what we might do about them. All in all it was a very stimulating evening for me, I even had smoked maple salmon, I could develope another addiction and then there would have to be problems with cheeze and proper biscuits. A realy good lecture one which god allowed me to hear in the pits of my medium altered state. Its snack time again.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Margret Locke who I was lucky enough to catch on Ideas tonight I think would say it was a developement of cultural anthropology, she also spoke about biological anthropology. The seris (Ideas) is called How to Think About Science, which made me think about Dexter Sinister, next epesode Ian Haking will speak. A very nice lecture while at the same time a very strong buzz. Of particular interest was the stark differences between menopausal women in North America and Japanese women. This study she conducted in the eightys. I found it very interesting in light of the brief whine we had about our afflictions and what we might do about them. All in all it was a very stimulating evening for me, I even had smoked maple salmon, I could develope another addiction and then there would have to be problems with cheeze and proper biscuits. A realy good lecture one which god allowed me to hear in the pits of my medium altered state. Its snack time again.

Beav is that you?

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Beav is that you?

No it was Hyde.

thomaska
The debates are a joke. CNN won't ask any of the Democratic candidates any hardball questions, and they plant liberals to ask the questions in the Republican debates.

But I suppose when all of the candidates on both sides are utterly worthless, the moronity of the questioners shouldn't be surprising.

MikeyDB
Seems only appropriate that the quality of the questions reflect the quality and character of the candidates who reflect the quality and character of the people of the nation that's celebrating this "election".....

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaska View Post

The debates are a joke. CNN won't ask any of the Democratic candidates any hardball questions, and they plant liberals to ask the questions in the Republican debates.

But I suppose when all of the candidates on both sides are utterly worthless, the moronity of the questioners shouldn't be surprising.

Thomaska is that you? I disagree CNN will ask sports related questions just watch wanna bet?
The playing field, carrying the ball, dribbling I bet all will be mentioned including the ones I'v forgotten to mention. Five Euros says I'm right. Come on put your money where your pie hole is.

Kreskin
I enjoyed the Guliani - Romney scrum at the start, where Romney accused Guliani of having an immigrant sanctuary city then Guliani accused Romney of having a sanctuary mansion where he employed illegal immigrant workers in his home. lol

MikeyDB
I thought it was interesting that Romney felt it important enough to ask if it was appropriate in the mind of Guliani to go ask that person on his property who had an accent to see his "papers"....

Is this Romney protecting those Americans who while wailing and pounding their breasts over illegal immigration continue to hire people who they know are in the country illegally?

The only shred of honesty in the whole thing as far as I was concerned.... protect the right of Americans to hire illegals and the corporate flunkies will line up at the polling stations....

YoungJoonKim
I agree thomsaka, CNN YouTube debate was just yet another entertainment..
There was absolutely NO HARD QUESTIONS...e.l. health care, social security [some say they want to reform...wt* exactly IS reform? Less spending? How about cut off Israeli Aid per year?], mental care, retiring generation [TONS], and most humiliating of ALL: Education and the cost.

And no one pleased me except Ron Paul [God bless him] and Mike Huckabee [eh..I'm sure his blessed].
John McCain...gosh...very..very annoying...especially his statement, "we didn't lose Vietnam war."
l o l
Fred Thomson...strong man and I like him..but his comment against Michael Moore still stays in my heart, ripping my endorsement + he did not impress me with his answers, just his strong aura.
Er..Er..Gu..U..Giuliani? That hypocrite?
Romney...................*sigh*
And the other invisible guy...hmmm...pretty good, being nothing and all.

EagleSmack
I just love how CNN allowed Democrat Campaign workers to pose questions to the Republicans. This just shows who controls the TV Media.

darkbeaver
Republican
I'm following the page scandal. The god whacking is fantastic, the policys supposedly on the American mind are hilarious. It's a freak show, lying thieving millionaires lying and thievin. CheeseBurgers ballons music face painting and banners the clowns lead the head funny man in and he goes for the strategically placed baby the old lady gets a bone crushing hug and a blessing on past a couple of dissabled low fives exchanged the music builds as he nears the stage the confetti starts the flag fans are on high speed he leaps to the podium and waves and beams wholesomeness on the throng invokes the name of god and the crowd goes wild, teen pregnancy dosn't stand a chance with these moral warriors. haha