Individual forum leaders/mods

Kreskin
As you might already know, Talloola is the leader of the new NHL Hockey forum. Talloola has a passion for the game and will lead that forum by helping generate content for discussions and she will also have moderator abilities within the forum to handle any necessary issues.

Is there anyone else who would like to lead a specific individual forum and join the staff team. Either one than exists or should exist?

We're batting around the idea of a forum called 'Society', that will generate discussion around stuff like lifestyles, sexuality, health and welfare, education, rights and freedoms, gun control etc. Is anyone interested in that one, or any other existing forum?

shadowshiv
I'd be interesting in joining karrie's group, as I am pretty sure I know what subject she would choose.

Oops! Did I say that out loud?!?

karrie
lol... I have been told I'll be the future doctor Ruth by many different people in my life shadow.. but I don't want to mod a forum.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

lol... I have been told I'll be the future doctor Ruth by many different people in my life shadow.. but I don't want to mod a forum.

Ask Karrie?

Could be like that old Doctor on HeeHaw:

"Karrie it hurts when I bend my elbow."

Karrie - "Well don't bend your elbow".

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

I'd be interesting in joining karrie's group, as I am pretty sure I know what subject she would choose.

Oops! Did I say that out loud?!?

The Saturday Night Sex Show, with Karrie.

Where you can learn to do this,
and this

and avoid this

and maybe even find this

karrie
lol... sure, but you need to make it Monday nights. I'm busy Saturday nights. lol.

gopher
Hmmm, I might be interested in the US politics forum.

Zan
I think this is such a great idea - having more members involved in the evolution of this site can only improve the forum experience for everyone.

I hope everyone considers the possibility that they may have something valuable to bring to a forum dedicated to a subject they're passionate about.

... and btw Karrie - if it's a Monday night show you're wanting, let's discuss.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

I think this is such a great idea - having more members involved in the evolution of this site can only improve the forum experience for everyone.

I hope everyone considers the possibility that they may have something valuable to bring to a forum dedicated to a subject they're passionate about.

... and btw Karrie - if it's a Monday night show you're wanting, let's discuss.

But it's only between 3 and 5 am.

dancing-loon
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Hmmm, I might be interested in the US politics forum.

That's wonderful, Gopher! I'll be your steady basher!!!

Zan

lol... sure, but you need to make it Monday nights. I'm busy Saturday nights. lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

But it's only between 3 and 5 am.

yes- we're looking to increase the traffic around here during those hours...

Zan
Once we see what sort of response we get to this idea, we'll have a better idea of how we're going to go with it.

Bear with us as we play around with some new ideas to see what will be the best fit for the site and for any members that care to step up.

shadowshiv

I don't suppose any of the above would change your mind, eh Karrie?

karrie
lol... no shadow, but thanks.

Praxius
Well I can do the sexuality thing, as I sure as heck ain't shy on the subject, and although I don't claim to know it all, I do know more then most I hang around with, be that real life or on the net.

Other then that, an Art section, in reference to Painting, Sketches, Cartoons, Animation, Graphic Design, Web Design, etc etc etc.... I am sure I would be able to help with.

Then again, those are just ideas... not sure just yet whether or not I will have enough time to modderate a section while still trying to dish out the mountianous quota of posts I already try and keep per day

hermanntrude
I would be interested in any science sections. My only trouble at the moment is the science forum is "science and environment", which means it gets a lot of politics from the global warming crowd

shadowshiv

lol... no shadow, but thanks.

Awwwwww.