Maxime Bernier pulls controversial book to keep Conservative Party happy

White_Unifier
Whither free-market conservatives? The NDP should be up in arms about protecting big business over small consumers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuylL_KlpnA

Durry
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Bernier is a bit of a dumbo, it's guys like him that want to march to their own tune.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Bernier is a bit of a dumbo, it's guys like him that want to march to their own tune.

So you oppose an open agricultural market?

Durry
I support party members adhearing to the Party line

White_Unifier
+1

I support party members adhearing to the Party line

So you support proportional representation on the basis of party affiliation rather than MPs voting their conscience?

Durry
Party MPs can speak up and vote their conscience when a policy is being formulated, but once formulated I expect Party loyalty

White_Unifier

Party MPs can speak up and vote their conscience when a policy is being formulated, but once formulated I expect Party loyalty

So what's the point of so many MPs then? Would it not be cheaper to just have a handful of people sitting in Parliament, each representing his party, with the vote of each being worth his party's share of the popular vote?

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

So you oppose an open agricultural market?

What the heck do free markets and agriculture have to do with Bernier's decision not to have his book published right now???

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

What the heck do free markets and agriculture have to do with Bernier's decision not to have his book published right now???

He won't have it published because his book offends anti-free-market conservatives.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

He won't have it published because his book offends anti-free-market conservatives.

He won't publish right now because he has quite a bit to say about Andrew Scheer who he ran against in the Conservative leadership contest. The party was none to pleased about beans he spilled already and felt it best they have a wee chat about his future in the party. He obviously felt his political career was a tad more important than getting back at the guy who beat him - at least for the present.

Bernier pulls book that accuses Scheer of using 'fake Conservatives' to win leadership | CBC News

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

He won't publish right now because he has quite a bit to say about Andrew Scheer who he ran against in the Conservative leadership contest. The party was none to pleased about beans he spilled already and felt it best they have a wee chat about his future in the party. He obviously felt his political career was a tad more important than getting back at the guy who beat him - at least for the present.

Bernier pulls book that accuses Scheer of using 'fake Conservatives' to win leadership | CBC News

Conservatives have got to get over this "I'm mad as hell" syndrome and start pulling the oars to the drum beat if they want to regain power in Ottawa. Some of these guys never learn.