New Tory Election Ad Continues To Claim Trudeau Is 'Just Not Ready'

mentalfloss

The Conservative party has released a new social media ad that continues to send the message Justin Trudeau is "just not ready."

The 30-second video, posted to the Conservatives' Facebook page, uses a clip from the Maclean's federal leaders' debate. In his closing statement from the debate, the Liberal leader says, "In order to know if someone is ready for this job, ask them what they want to do with this job."

The video then cuts to an interview with reporter Craig Pearson from the Windsor Star, who asks Trudeau to complete the sentence "If elected, my first full day as prime minister, I would..."

Trudeau sighs, shrugs, and takes a long pause. The video then shows Trudeau's photo, and the words "Just Not Ready" appear at the bottom of the screen.

..more..

Tecumsehsbones
Well, that's just not fair!

grumpydigger
There's something sad about a conceited screwup claiming that someone else'sdoes not have the experience to do what he has done to Canada

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
The truth makes you sad?

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Always gotta love it when the best weapon the Conservatives have against the Lieberals is the Lieberal leader himself.

I think in this case they are right.

Now the question becomes, why are they not focusing on their real competition -- Mulcair?

mentalfloss
Because he's going to be the next PM.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Because he's going to be the next PM.

I am not yet convinced of that. And all the more reason to attack him if true.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
I'm guessing that the Cons already have the attack ads prepared and ready to go.... Makes more sense to wait until there is only a couple of weeks remaining prior to election day before they release them... Doesn't give Tommy any time to rebut

#juan
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Trudeau is not ready? Seems to me he whipped tory *** in the debate. The tories have said they don't want another debate. Don't blame them.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3
#10  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Trudeau is not ready? .

Obviously... If he had anything to offer, he never would have stated that winter jackets were the solution to ISIS

Walter

The Conservative party has released a new social media ad that continues to send the message Justin Trudeau is "just not ready."

The 30-second video, posted to the Conservatives' Facebook page, uses a clip from the Maclean's federal leaders' debate .

Same message using NEW evidence.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

The 30-second video, posted to the Conservatives' Facebook page, uses a clip from the Maclean's federal leaders' debate. In his closing statement from the debate, the Liberal leader says, "In order to know if someone is ready for this job, ask them what they want to do with this job."

The video then cuts to an interview with reporter Craig Pearson from the Windsor Star, who asks Trudeau to complete the sentence "If elected, my first full day as prime minister, I would..."

Trudeau sighs, shrugs, and takes a long pause. The video then shows Trudeau's photo, and the words "Just Not Ready" appear at the bottom of the screen.

..more..

Well, he possibly isn't - no biggie!

Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Trudeau is not ready? Seems to me he whipped tory *** in the debate. The tories have said they don't want another debate. Don't blame them.

I think Jr. should try running a small country for awhile before he takes on Canada. Luxemburg might be a good place to start.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I'm guessing that the Cons already have the attack ads prepared and ready to go.... Makes more sense to wait until there is only a couple of weeks remaining prior to election day before they release them... Doesn't give Tommy any time to rebut

Why would he have to rebut - especially when Harper's proclivity to bullshyte is already well known

Locutus
double helixy rainbow ponies.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Liberal, Balanced budget, Ontario.....

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

double helixy rainbow ponies.

It's generally dangerous to judge a man by his father, brother, uncle, cousin etc.

petros
Really?

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
They are busy attacking others cause they have nothing to offer
I have actually pretty much quit listening I will support Mulcair.
I am tired of the same old crap and the Tories have to go most
people are getting the message. Undecided's will soon be
very small as most have decided to rid themselves of this
little man in the blue suit so arrogant its hard to believe he got
this far

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

I will support Mulcair.

We Know w w w w......

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1
I love the ad. I thought it was in good taste and very clever. While it may be considered an "attack ad" I think its pretty mild. At least the Conservatives stated it was their add.

The anti-Harper ones couldn't even be bothered to identify themselves - who is engage Canada? And why would I listen to them?

JMHO

oops s/b "...their Ad"

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

The anti-Harper ones couldn't even be bothered to identify themselves - who is engage Canada? And why would I listen to them?

Engage Canada’s leadership group includes Don Guy, who was campaign director for former Ontario premier Dalton McGuinty; Dave Gene, who was a deputy chief of staff for Mr. McGuinty and worked alongside Mr. Guy on Ontario Liberal campaigns; and Kathleen Monk, who was director of communications for the late NDP leader Jack Layton. Sources indicated that Brian Topp, a former national campaign director for the NDP, was also involved in early discussions, but that he ceased his involvement before he became chief of staff to Alberta Premier Rachel Notley.

Unions, centre-left interests to begin ad campaign attacking Harper’s Tories - The Globe and Mail

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2

(Apologies to Dr. Suess) - Glenne Campbell

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Way more than an insincere apology is in order after reading that butchery

JLM
No Party Affiliation

this far

I fail to see how ANYONE could support a person for Prime Minister who actually believes that one man can cause a nation wide recession not once but twice. The man is not playing with a 'full deck'.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Good poetry, Cliffy, but a little harsh on the object.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Just bumping a few threads to get rid of the spambots BS

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Just bumping a few threads to get rid of the spambots BS

The best way to get rid of those A$$holes is to not pay attention to them, of course it didn't do much good when SLM tells the whole wide world she sleeps at night.

SLM
No Party Affiliation

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

..more..

Probably because it is still a fact.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1

this far

Ok, you support Mulclair. Do you know the candidate in your riding? What does he/she stand for? What does he/she bring to the table? Can you please inform me of the policies the NDP have that you agree with? What is it about him that would make you vote for him? Please be specific. I'm not being sarcastic - I really want to know. I pretty much know where Trudeau stands but I'm not familiar with the NDP platform. I will be googling it but I want to know your perspective.

Thank you!

Dixie