Premier Wynne's brother-in-law named interim CEO of eHealth


Locutus
#1
mr wynne...c'mon...obvious nepotism is obvious.


Lorrie GoldsteinVerified account ‏@sunlorrie

Oh, for gawd's sake, seriously? No, really, seriously? Wynne's brother-in-law named interim CEO of eHealth http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/14/premier-wynnes-brother-in-law-named-interim-ceo-of-ehealth … #onpoli




Premier Kathleen Wynne’s brother-in-law has been appointed “interim” CEO of eHealth, the Toronto Sun has learned.

David Rounthwaite, brother of Wynne’s wife, Jane, was appointed to the $210,000-a-year job effective March 7.

A spokesman for eHealth said Rounthwaite has been general counsel for the giant agency charged with getting health records online for more than four years — before Wynne became premier.

Rounthwaite’s appointment has not yet been confirmed by cabinet.

“There hasn’t been any attempt on the part of eHealth to not be transparent about this,” spokesman Rob Mitchell said Monday.

“It was communicated to staff very clearly in an announcement. We had a town hall for all staff last Wednesday,” he said.



more


Premier Wynne's brother-in-law named interim CEO of eHealth | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun
 
BornRuff
#2
If he had come in as an external applicant it would seem very fishy, but the guy has been a senior executive at eHealth since long before Wynne was Premier.
 
Locutus
#3
more about mister wynne's little helper:

Wynne’s Brother-in-law the new CEO of EHealth, BUT he also has deep ties to the Wind Industry

How deep does the corruption of this Liberal government go? How great is their arrogance for making sure that their family and buddies make a fortune off the backs of Ontario taxpayers?

Turns out, not only has Kathleen Wynne’s brother-in-law been appointed the new CEO of EHealth, but he’s also on the Board of Directors for two renewable energy companies. The chutzpah and corruption of this gang of thieves just knows absolutely no bounds. He’s also been a lawyer for the past 30+ years.

It’s no wonder the fight against wind turbines seems so useless when the decks are stacked so high against the rural victims of these useless monster machines.

A Google search of his name — F. David Rounthwaite — reveals that his is on the B. o. D. for the following companies.


see for yourself


Wynne’s Brother-in-law the new CEO of EHealth, BUT he also has deep ties to the Wind Industry | Quixotes Last Stand
 
BornRuff
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

more about mister wynne's little helper:

Wynne’s Brother-in-law the new CEO of EHealth, BUT he also has deep ties to the Wind Industry

How deep does the corruption of this Liberal government go? How great is their arrogance for making sure that their family and buddies make a fortune off the backs of Ontario taxpayers?

Turns out, not only has Kathleen Wynne’s brother-in-law been appointed the new CEO of EHealth, but he’s also on the Board of Directors for two renewable energy companies. The chutzpah and corruption of this gang of thieves just knows absolutely no bounds. He’s also been a lawyer for the past 30+ years.

It’s no wonder the fight against wind turbines seems so useless when the decks are stacked so high against the rural victims of these useless monster machines.

A Google search of his name — F. David Rounthwaite — reveals that his is on the B. o. D. for the following companies.


see for yourself


Wynne’s Brother-in-law the new CEO of EHealth, BUT he also has deep ties to the Wind Industry | Quixotes Last Stand

What? How is it corruption for him to sit on the board of some companies? Or be a lawyer for 30 years?
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuff View Post

If he had come in as an external applicant it would seem very fishy, but the guy has been a senior executive at eHealth since long before Wynne was Premier.

Sun only prints the Hudak headlines. If the guy has experience, he has more going for him in knowing the internal mechanics than any Cabinet Minister
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Sun only prints the Hudak headlines. If the guy has experience, he has more going for him in knowing the internal mechanics than any Cabinet Minister

Maybe true however he is the Premier's brother in law and he was given a $200,000.00 posting all the while being a board member of companies that do business with the government of Ontario .
I think the optics look bad regardless if he is qualified or not .He can not possibly be the only person in the province able to to the job for the mere pittance of $200,000.00 per annum .


How would you react if this was a federal posting going to Harper's brother in law ? If he even has one .
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#7
If "Harper's brother-in-law" knew what the job entails, he'd be head and shoulders above appointed bureaucrats and investor appointed know-nothings too. Fact is, he (as should Wynne's BIL) would be conscious of many eyes over his shoulder and would be careful about improprieties.
 
BornRuff
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Maybe true however he is the Premier's brother in law and he was given a $200,000.00 posting all the while being a board member of companies that do business with the government of Ontario .
I think the optics look bad regardless if he is qualified or not .He can not possibly be the only person in the province able to to the job for the mere pittance of $200,000.00 per annum .


How would you react if this was a federal posting going to Harper's brother in law ? If he even has one .

He is the interim CEO, having to step in after the previous CEO stepped down. There actually are not all that many senior executives with years of experience working within eHealth who are immediately available to step in and take over the job. This interim appointment gives them time to do a proper executive search.

Pretty much every major company in Ontario does business with the government in some fashion, plus they have to deal with provincial regulations, and obviously tax issues are huge for everyone. By all accounts this guy is a pretty wealthy businessman from years of being a partner in a law firm and an investment firm. Sitting on boards is what wealthy businessmen do.