America's Got Talent

Mowich
Okay, I admit it, I am a fan. Watching the show sometimes takes me back to the days of Ed Sullivan. I enjoy the variety of acts and discovering new talent.

My favs so far are The Architects - absolutley amazing act wherein one of the group manipulates an electrical current in time to the music. You gotta see it to believe it.

There are the usual bunch of absolute psychos - like the fellow who lit his nuts on fire last night and the usual number of people who are severely deluded as to their level of talent, if any; but the show is fun to watch and I can hardly wait to see the next bunch of hopefuls.

In Between Man
Awesome, awesome show! Those little kid hip hop dancers at the start of program were really good! And that singer at the end!!! He could win it if you ask me!

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayz View Post

Awesome, awesome show! Those little kid hip hop dancers at the start of program were really good! And that singer at the end!!! He could win it if you ask me!

Yeah, the Future Funk kids were super. And, I agree with you about that young fellow that sang last on the Dallas show, he was really great in spite of being so nervous.

What did you think about those freaky circus people???? The guy with half a head of hair completely turned me off, couldn't watch him at all.

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Yeah, the Future Funk kids were super. And, I agree with you about that young fellow that sang last on the Dallas show, he was really great in spite of being so nervous.

What did you think about those freaky circus people???? The guy with half a head of hair completely turned me off, couldn't watch him at all.

I wasn't down for that freaky circus stuff either! That's not entertaining in my books.

shadowshiv
I find that there are waaaaay too much Reality TV shows out there today, usually at the expense of serialized shows.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

I find that there are waaaaay too much Reality TV shows out there today, usually at the expense of serialized shows.

Hey Shadow - were your ears ringing? I wasn't talking about you but I was wondering where you were. Nice to see you here.
I agree with you. Far too many reality shows and why - cheap pay for the actors right? Most of them are on those shows for a holiday from work and the possibility of winning some $. When we had TV shows we could actually enjoy with real actors, I didn't mind paying the price so much but now - we pay double the price so we can watch people we've never seen before do stupid things we'll never care about again and faces we will never know or care to know. How dumb are we??

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

Hey Shadow - were your ears ringing? I wasn't talking about you but I was wondering where you were. Nice to see you here.
I agree with you. Far too many reality shows and why - cheap pay for the actors right? Most of them are on those shows for a holiday from work and the possibility of winning some $. When we had TV shows we could actually enjoy with real actors, I didn't mind paying the price so much but now - we pay double the price so we can watch people we've never seen before do stupid things we'll never care about again and faces we will never know or care to know. How dumb are we??

I agree with you VanIsle, there are way too many reality shows now which made me somewhat hesitant about starting this topic. However, AGT is the only one I do watch as it has so much variety and some of the people who turn up are really amazing. I am thinking of the housewife (can't remember her name now) who almost won last year. Her voice was awesome.

We all have vices and AGT happens to be one of mine.

Liberalman
A lot of them are bad and considering that there are hundreds of people outside waiting to audition they must have been a lot worse but the good acts are worth it.

I don't know if Howie Mandel was a good choice for judge if he doesn't improve he will be out

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

A lot of them are bad and considering that there are hundreds of people outside waiting to audition they must have been a lot worse but the good acts are worth it.

I don't know if Howie Mandel was a good choice for judge if he doesn't improve he will be out

I'm wondering the same thing about Howie, Liberalman. He stated at the start that he came to see something he had never seen before and so far he is proving that he meant it. When that guy decided to light up the family jewels, Howie was the only one who didn't use his buzzer and I thought that was pretty sick. After all any idiot could do the same thing, so talent wasn't a part of his act at all.

GreenFish66
America's Got Talent | Find Spoilers, Sneak Previews and Updates - NBC Official Site - America's got talent !

YouTube - ‪Tesla Coils - Arc Attack - Doctor Who Theme Song - Makers Faire 2010 - San Mateo - No. 1‬‎

#1 ..Arc Attack is a truly a shocking/electrifying act ..A band from the future, here , now ..WOW.....What a great Idea!...They belong in the illuminating lights of Vegas...I think they'll Ride the electric wave all the way to the Vegas circuit..As long as they don't short out or cause a black out....

YouTube - ‪Jeremy VanSchoonhoven ~ America's Got Talent, Top 48 week-3‬‎ -

#2 Jeremy VanSchoonhoven - WOW .!, It's Dangerous, Risky, Thrilling , Exciting ...Has All the Qualities of A Spectacular Vegas Act.

YouTube - ‪Haspop - America's Got Talent 2010 Top 48‬‎

#3 ..And for dance I , and my final pic ... HASPOP...Amazing Talent ..!
Last edited by GreenFish66; Aug 5th, 2010 at 06:12 PM..

petros
Quote:

America's Got Talent

Since when?

spaminator
‘America’s Got Talent’ airs audition of contestant who died | TV | Entertainment

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Since when?

There's a reason "Canada's Got Talent" folded after one season.

Danbones
Yeah everyone here has so much, we don't need TV to see it.

spaminator
Ontario woman in finals of America's Got Talent
JENNIFER HAMILTON-MCCHARLES
First posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 09:17 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 09:48 AM EDT
An Ontario woman is among the finalists for the $1M top prize on America's Got Talent.
Dog trainer Sara Carson, who was born and raised in North Bay, chose a science-fiction themed routine on Tuesday night where both of her dogs Hero and Loki participated in a number of stunts and tricks.
A highlight of the night was when Hero made a huge aerobatic jump to close out the routine.
Some of Carson's biggest fans were in attendance at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, including her father, Kevin Carson, and numerous friends who travelled from North Bay and British Columbia to cheer her on.
Friend Naomi Sanderson said all the acts were amazing, the theatre was electric.
The winner, chosen based on the number of votes from the public, will be revealed Wednesday night. Unfortunately, Canadian residents can't participate.
Sara Carson (Postmedia Network)

[youtube]XteoAv_UUZs[/youtube]
Ontario woman in finals of America's Got Talent | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

TenPenny
The dogs were definitely the best act.

Tecumsehsbones
It was an excellent season. It would be interesting to follow the careers of Mandy Harvey, Chase Goehring, Angelica Hale, and Sarah to see where they go from here.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

The dogs were definitely the best act.

Chase Goehring will be a superstar if he ever gets laid.