Is the ground Zero Imam subtly blackmailing the US

DaSleeper
Ground Zero Imam Threatens America With Attack If Mosque Not Built
Quote:

(CNN) — The religious leader behind plans to erect an Islamic center and mosque a few blocks from New York’s ground zero said Wednesday night that America’s national security depends on how it handles the controversy.

“If we move from that location, the story will be the radicals have taken over the discourse,” Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf told CNN’s Soledad O’Brien on “Larry King Live.”

“The headlines in the Muslim world will be that Islam is under attack.”

The imam, who repeatedly said his mission was to promote peace and build a bridge among faiths, said he was also speaking about “radicals” on both sides of the debate on the Islamic center. “Our national security now hinges on how we negotiate this, how we speak about it.”

“The battlefront is between moderates of all sides… and the radicals on all sides,” he said.

Moving the project to another location would strengthen Islamist radicals’ ability to recruit followers and will likely increase violence against Americans, the imam said.

Rauf said that “nothing is off the table” when asked whether he would consider moving the site.

More

Sure sounds like blackmail to me

add to that that the govn't managed to convince the silly precher to not burn the quran
way to go
Let's just keep bending over until sharia law comes to north America
Another example of political correctness gone nuts

Avro
No Party Affiliation
This is the real title of the story...

Handling of Islamic center plan a matter of national security

Unless of course you can show the sentence were he actually threatened the US.

DaSleeper
+1
#3  Top Rated Post

CUBert
OH NOES SHARIA LAW COMING TO NORTH AMERICA!

Paranoid Islamophobe thread

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

You just made Bill O'Reilley's "Pin Head" list

CUBert
Lmao O'Reilly

Avro
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

No, it's just a plain stupid thread that gets it all wrong.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

No, it's just a plain stupid thread that gets it all wrong.

And liberals are not condescending ...in a pig's *ss

mentalfloss
Yea, the 'Islam will be under attack' thing is a pretty silly and unnecessary. Oh well.. what can you do?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

More

add to that that the govn't managed to convince the silly precher to not burn the quran
way to go

On the radio on the drive home just now they said that the Preacher from the Evangelical Church said he had made a deal with the Imam. The Cordoba Institute denies that any arrangements were made. Sounds a bit like the Preacher is looking for a way out.

I like the bit about political correctness though. Where was that comment when people were emploring the Imam to consider building elsewhere because of the feelings of the 9/11 victims? That is, political correctness defined.

What a mess. Everyone grabbing for their sound bytes in the retard media.

Avro
No Party Affiliation

And liberals are not condescending ...in a pig's *ss

Well it is, the title misrepresents the article.

It's plain dumb.

winniethepooh
Of course it's subtle form of blackmail, neither do I believe he didn't have some idea that this would cause problems. Mischief in Manhattan is what this is all about. No matter what happens now, he has damaged relations and put many innocent lives at risk, not just soldiers.
Quote:

"I never would have done this -- not have done something that would create more divisiveness.
"If we don't do this right, anger will explode in the Muslim world ... If we don't handle this crisis correctly, it could become something very dangerous indeed."
He said moving the project to another location would strengthen Islamist radicals' ability to recruit followers and would increase violence against Americans.
The founder and chairman of The Cordoba Initiative said if the issue is not handled properly it could be "much bigger than the Danish cartoon crisis" ......

Read more: Imam behind Ground Zero mosque says he regrets controversy it has caused - NYPOST.com

EagleSmack
If the mosque isn't built... muslims will get violent.
If someone whacko preacher burns the quran... muslims will get violent.

Religion of peace? Hardly

Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

On the radio on the drive home just now they said that the Preacher from the Evangelical Church said he had made a deal with the Imam. The Cordoba Institute denies that any arrangements were made. Sounds a bit like the Preacher is looking for a way out.

I like the bit about political correctness though. Where was that comment when people were emploring the Imam to consider building elsewhere because of the feelings of the 9/11 victims? That is, political correctness defined.

What a mess. Everyone grabbing for their sound bytes in the retard media.

Well for a whacko preacher he sure got the worlds attention. The guy leads a congregation of 50 people and has recieved personal attention from the Obama Administration.

The Preacher said that the Imman agreed that the mosque won't be built on the original site. That was the deal the Preacher THOUGHT he had. Now that the Imman has said he made no such deal the quran burning is on hold but not called off.

And that is what he said.

Tonington
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Well for a whacko preacher he sure got the worlds attention.

Of course he did...that's how media sound bytes work.

Quote:

The guy leads a congregation of 50 people and has recieved personal attention from the Obama Administration.

And Fred Phelps Westboro Baptist Church numbers around 70, and he received the attention of the Bush Administration when he had to sign legislation to keep protests more than 300 feet from a cemetery, for 60 minutes before and after the funeral.

Again, my point was that extemists feed off each other, and they get unequal time in the media. It's not right, it's just how it is.

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
Why should a Muslim mosque be built on the site that Muslim extremists killed 3000 people in the name of Allah/God?

It does not matter that a strip club, gambling parlor exist on that site, they did not and were not responsible for those murders. It was Muslim extremists who perpetrated this and they who created this hallowed ground by their actions. They should not be rewarded, unless they themselves turn in Osama Bin Laden for trial. The Imam is wrong in his conclusions.

Imam says NYC mosque site is not 'hallowed ground' - Yahoo! News

This place will only become a place for demonstration in the future.

Avro
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Why should a Muslim mosque be built on the site that Muslim extremists killed 3000 people in the name of Allah/God?

It does not matter that a strip club, gambling parlor exist on that site, they did not and were not responsible for those murders. It was Muslim extremists who perpetrated this and they who created this hallowed ground by their actions. They should not be rewarded, unless they themselves turn in Osama Bin Laden for trial. The Imam is wrong in his conclusions.

Imam says NYC mosque site is not 'hallowed ground' - Yahoo! News

This place will only become a place for demonstration in the future.

Depends which way you want to go?

Do you want to step on the constitution to disallow this community center/Mosque?

If so, then I don't want any Catholic churches built near schools or other instituions that may have children attending them. It's a slap in the face to any child that has been molested by a priest or church official.

mentalfloss
Quote:

"I just think he's being very insensitive to say it's not hallowed ground because of who's occupying the buildings," said Jim Riches, a former New York City deputy fire chief whose son, Jimmy, was killed at the trade center. "The strip club didn't murder my son."

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Depends which way you want to go?

Do you want to step on the constitution to disallow this community center/Mosque?

If so, then I don't want any Catholic churches built near schools or other instituions that may have children attending them. It's a slap in the face to any child that has been molested by a priest or church official.

In this case, I would ask them to find another spot. No one is stopping anyone from practicing their religion, just don't want any memorials for anyone except the those who died. Is it worth another 9/11 to see if the mosque could exist peacefully, nothing is with it. There are to many who consider the proposed mosque a place of a victorious battle. Maybe when this war is over we can all get together around a campfire and sing songs till then we just don't know who our enemy are.

As for the Catholic Church those pedophiles are being weeded out and prosecuted, there is no comparison they don't hold pedophile training centers and plan attacks that I am aware of.

Avro
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

In this case, I would ask them to find another spot. No one is stopping anyone from practicing their religion, just don't want any memorials for anyone except the those who died. Is it worth another 9/11 to see if the mosque could exist peacefully, nothing is with it. There are to many who consider the proposed mosque a place of a victorious battle. Maybe when this war is over we can all get together around a campfire and sing songs till then we just don't know who our enemy are.

As for the Catholic Church those pedophiles are being weeded out and prosecuted, there is no comparison they don't hold pedophile training centers and plan attacks that I am aware of.

Sorry, don't by it, once a catholic always a catholic. They are all the same, dirty child molesters all....keep chruches away from schools.

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Have you had enough time to research and come to an informed opinion on Hams and Hezbollah - Like I mentioned earlier on another thread - I have the patience of a vulture. Most times that is.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Have you had enough time to research and come to an informed opinion on Hams and Hezbollah - Like I mentioned earlier on another thread - I have the patience of a vulture. Most times that is.

Patience My Ass - I'm Gonna Kill Something Buckle - Listing # 2624286

mentalfloss

I don't personally consider their actions a justification for why erecting the mosque is tasteless, primarily on the basis that the location and activity within the mosque/community center is not promoting terrorism. You can disagree with that, but it won't change my mind unless you can prove that the purpose of this mosque is to deliberately promoting terrorism.

You can also feel that it is tasteless on the basis of the events of 9/11 or the Imam's controversial statements, but I personally wouldn't. It's just fine and dandy with me if a similar event to 9/11 happened in my city and a religious building was later erected by the religious faction that those extremists came from - whether they were islamic extremists, christian extremists, judaic extremists, taoist extremists, buddhist or hindu extremists.

Of course, this flies in the face of the almost-koran burning, which is undeniably an aggressive attempt at creating discord. Every sane person already acknowledged that that act would be uncontroversially tasteless.
Last edited by mentalfloss; Sep 14th, 2010 at 09:21 AM..

Machjo

More

way to go

Strange that. He's saying something similar to what Peter McKay said about the Qur'an burning, and no accusations of blackmail there.

Goober
Free Thinker

I don't personally consider their actions a justification for why erecting the mosque is tasteless, primarily on the basis that the location and activity within the mosque/community center is not promoting terrorism. You can disagree with that, but it won't change my mind unless you can prove that the purpose of this mosque is to deliberately promoting terrorism.

You can also feel that it is tasteless on the basis of the events of 9/11 or the Imam's controversial statements, but I personally wouldn't. It's just fine and dandy with me if a similar event to 9/11 happened in my city and a religious building was later erected by the religious faction that those extremists came from - whether they were islamic extremists, christian extremists, judaic extremists, taoist extremists, buddhist or hindu extremists.

Of course, this flies in the face of the almost-koran burning, which is undeniably an aggressive attempt at creating discord. Every sane person already acknowledged that that act would be uncontroversially tasteless.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goober

The above question was your opinion on these Terror Orgs - Not related to the Mosque debate directly.

So I will wait for your reply.

mentalfloss

Quote: Originally Posted by Goober

The above question was your opinion on these Terror Orgs - Not related to the Mosque debate directly.

So I will wait for your reply.

Well then to what end do you want my opinion on them?

Goober
Free Thinker

Well then to what end do you want my opinion on them?

To find out where you stand on certain organizations - Most people have an opinion either for or against Hamas and or Hezbollah -

I had asked the question some time ago, - you informed me that you had not had enough time to make an informed opinion so I am waiting. Do you need more time?

mentalfloss

To find out where you stand on certain organizations - Most people have an opinion either for or against Hamas and or Hezbollah -

I had asked the question some time ago, - you informed me that you had not had enough time to make an informed opinion so I am waiting. Do you need more time?

I don't really feel like it right now to be quite honest. There's quite a bit of material to dissect, so can you give me the coles notes version?

Goober
Free Thinker

I don't really feel like it right now to be quite honest. There's quite a bit of material to dissect, so can you give me the coles notes version?

Then I would be influencing your opinion - Like any opinion it should be arrrived at by yourself without interference - The net is full of info.BUt, If you want a very short opinion of what they stand for then I can do that. But it is up to you.

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
Most of you, probably 97% or more have no idea other than what you read about Islamic terrorists and what they can do, news media does not always report everything. Freedom of speech and religion is all very nice and something we take for granted. Both Canada and the U.S. practice freedom of speech and religion, but do you really know what that means. Some of us have actually seen first hand what these terrorist who happen to practice a twisted form of Islamic Jihad actually do. First of all they hide behind our freedoms while planning their attacks. Yes, we have been very lucky in the past 9 years and we have caught a few before they struck. The main problem is that we have not put a end to it. We are being held back by our very leaders who also do not understand what they sent our soldiers up against. By calling everything off right now will not end terrorism and most likely will bring it again to our shores. It is time to stop hiding behind the bravery of others. You want your Freedoms, well help fight for their preservation. As I have said before, I have no objection to another mosque being built, I do not want to see it used as a trophy. Build it two blocks further away.

critter171
Democrat
the problem is your assuming a bunch of bs many mulsims die in the attack many muslims came here to get a better life. yet you act like only christian and jews die. you all just as bad as many ingorant Americans