Latest Federal Polls

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Well, Merriam Webster intentionally simplified American spellings back in the 19th century when he published his dictionary. Dropping the "our" in favour, flavour, etc. and spelling it with a simple "or" was part of that. The surprising thing is that nearly two centuries later, the rest of the english speaking world has not followed them ... only in America.

I think Webster was on the right track. What purpose does the "u" serve? It doesn't enhance pronunciation! There's a bunch more that could use altering, like bight, fight, height, light, might, night, right, sight, tight, weight. It's a bloody wonder they got "kite" rite. I'm descended from four English grand parents- I just hope to hell it was none of my fore bearers that instigated this nonsense. I wonder who the ph*ck got the idea that "ph" sounds like "f". Bloody retards!

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I think Webster was on the right track. What purpose does the "u" serve? It doesn't enhance pronunciation! There's a bunch more that could use altering, like bight, fight, height, light, might, night, right, sight, tight, weight. It's a bloody wonder they got "kite" rite. I'm descended from four English grand parents- I just hope to hell it was none of my fore bearers that instigated this nonsense. I wonder who the ph*ck got the idea that "ph" sounds like "f". Bloody retards!

Yeah, dumbing things down is progress.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Yeah, dumbing things down is progress.

Sort of off topic. But I had to change my writing for my American publisher.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Well know your audience . You have a large pool of perspective customers down there . Good luck .

petros
At least they are starting to embrace metric.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Did you gave to simplify the vocabulary (and not just the spelling), by any chance?

Hoid
Re federal polls:

In the 18 elections held since the New Democrats' first contested an election in 1962, the party has averaged 14.8 per cent of the vote whenever the Liberals have formed government. They have averaged 19.6 per cent of the vote in the elections that ended in victory for the Conservatives (or their predecessors, the Progressive Conservatives).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...-ndp-1.4912981

The tipping point for the Conservatives seems to be around 17 per cent support for the NDP. New Democrats have managed 17 per cent of the vote or less in eight elections. The Liberals won seven of those; in the eighth election, in 1962, John Diefenbaker's PCs were reduced from a record-breaking majority government to a slim minority.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Did you gave to simplify the vocabulary (and not just the spelling), by any chance?

What's that in English?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Oh, you mean spelling words properly?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Lowest unemployment rate ever

How hard is it to make 17.3% appear as 7.3%

MHz

What's that in English?

I don't think asking him to do that will clear anything up.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

What's that in English?

The "spell correct" in my Android operating system was written in America.

Colpy
Conservative
+1

Re federal polls:

In the 18 elections held since the New Democrats' first contested an election in 1962, the party has averaged 14.8 per cent of the vote whenever the Liberals have formed government. They have averaged 19.6 per cent of the vote in the elections that ended in victory for the Conservatives (or their predecessors, the Progressive Conservatives).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...-ndp-1.4912981

The tipping point for the Conservatives seems to be around 17 per cent support for the NDP. New Democrats have managed 17 per cent of the vote or less in eight elections. The Liberals won seven of those; in the eighth election, in 1962, John Diefenbaker's PCs were reduced from a record-breaking majority government to a slim minority.

Interesting.

I predict (and I am lousy at predictions) that the NDP won't draw much more than 15% in October...........but that the Green Party will do much better than it has, picking up 3 or 4 percentage points, offsetting the poor performance of the NDP on that side.

The Liberals will not draw 39% like last time........

The Conservatives should be in a good position. It all depends on how well the PPC does. And they are not going to do well, IMHO.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Colpy
Conservative
+2
Angus Reid Institute‏Verified account @angusreidorg

New today: Trudeau government’s handling of SNC-Lavalin affair opens seven-point lead for CPC over Liberals http://angusreid.org/snc-lavalin/

DaSleeper

"Favor" isn't English. It's Webster American.

I just wen by this source.....
https://writingexplained.org/favor-or-favour-difference

Favor or Favour: What’s the Difference?
Languages can shift over time, even in different parts of the world. Many differences in spelling and usage have grown prominent between British and American English. Favor and favour, for instance, are American and British English spellings of the same word.
Favour is the traditional spelling, still preferred in British English. Recently, however, Americans have dropped the U and begun spelling the word as favor. In the time since it became commonplace, this spelling has become accepted as correct in American English.
Even though both of these spellings are correct, depending on your audience, you will need to use one or the other.

Hoid
And yet the Liberals retake Outremount yesterday - and have now taken 2 seats from the conservatives and one from the NDP in byelections since Trudeau's government took power.

Liberals also place strong second in the two other byelections - continuing their run of wide spread support.

There are 15 NDP seats in Quebec and every one of them is likely to fall to the Liberals. ( I believe Mr Singh's turban is now illegal in Quebec)

spilledthebeer

I'm one of those old fashioned Progressive Conservatives ... an endangered species, in this dumbing-down world where there is black, white and no longer any shades of grey.

So you CLAIM to be a Red Tory SELLOUT??????????????????????????????

No doubt you agreed with that imbecile Joe Clark that all good Conservatives should have joined the LIE-beral party instead of ajoining the alliance with Reform party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand by my judgement that you ARE A LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Play with your labels all you want but LIE-beral HYPOCRITE is printed in your DNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

spilledthebeer

And yet the Liberals retake Outremount yesterday - and have now taken 2 seats from the conservatives and one from the NDP in byelections since Trudeau's government took power.

Liberals also place strong second in the two other byelections - continuing their run of wide spread support.

There are 15 NDP seats in Quebec and every one of them is likely to fall to the Liberals. ( I believe Mr Singh's turban is now illegal in Quebec)

That`s nice...........pontificating pea brain discussing ancient election history while IGNORING REAL ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The TYPICAL LIE-beral effort to distract, delay. dismiss, dispose, delete all things they find distressing- like how many Cdnms are raging at them for their MANY FAILURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider some of the stuff that will bite Our idiot Boy on the backside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Here is yet another article illustrating how badly LIE-berals have messed with our immigration system! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Freed homegrown jihadist remains 'high risk to public safety'

By Michele Mandel

Published: February 22, 2019, Updated: February 22, 2019 7:28 PM EST

Filed Under: Toronto SUN, News, Toronto & GTA

It’s clearly a bad sign when the Parole Board had labels you a “high risk to public safety” but must release you nonetheless.

(WE really should ask what selfish LIE-beral imbeciles think it is a good idea to set up a parole system that refuses to protect us from “high risks”! This is just another in a long list of examples of how lax LIE-berals are about public safety and crime generally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Kevin Omar Mohamed will soon be out of prison, freed on mandatory release after serving two-thirds of his four-and-a half-year sentence for participating in the activities of a terror group.

(So he got off lightly because the terror group didnt actually attack anything! But how CAN the damage and all the pain and suffering and death be repaired AFTER the terrorists strike? LIE-berals are VERY WEAK on those details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

According to a parole board decision obtained this week by Global News’ Stewart Bell and Andrew Russell, the panel worries the Whitby man still harbours “dangerous radical religious beliefs” and “may continue to commit terrorist related offences.”

So how concerned should we be about this wannabe jihadi?

“Absolutely concerned,” says Phil Gurski, a former Canadian Security Intelligence Service analyst and author of The Threat from Within: Recognizing Al Qaeda-Inspired Radicalization and Terrorism in the West.

“He clearly showed that he was radicalized, had made an effort to travel, got caught, got tried and he essentially got a slap on the wrist. My understanding is that he hasn’t gone to any counselling or any deradicalization, meaning he’s being released with no indication that his ideology is any less concerning today than it was two years ago.”

(LIE-beral interest in pushing treatment onto any sort of crazy people is ZERO -as it simply costs more than they are willing to pay since they have other GROSSLY SELFISH spending priorities for OUR MONEY! LIE-berals are no more interested in treating jihadists than they are in treating schizophrenics- who they let wander the streets till they get into major trouble and end up being shot by cops! LIE-berals consider that a bullet is cheaper than treatment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Mohamed has been in custody since his arrest in March 2016 by the RCMP.

The former University of Waterloo engineering student had flown to Turkey and crossed into Syria in 2014 with the intention of joining Jabhat Al-Nusrah, an affiliate of al-Qaida.

According to the agreed statement of facts, “his purpose was to enhance the ability of that group to commit terrorist activity.”

(Under mental health legislation - doctors are allowed to hold a nut indefinitely if he is deemed a danger to himself or others so why not hold this jihadist indefinitely on that long standing LAW??????????????????)

(Another fine example would be Dughmosh the female Muslim Cdn Tire attacker who tried using a golf club and knife to attack Cdns a couple of years back! LIE-berals know that she had left Canada and travelled to Turkey- with that same urge to join Al Qaida- and got stopped and shipped back to Canada- where she was promptly released without penalty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Thwarted in her desire to join Al Qaida -Dughmosh chose to attack Cdn Tire store customers in Toronto! At trial it was revealed that LIE-berals had NO CLUE on her status- did not know if she was born in Canada though her need for an interpreter at trial suggests she is an immigrant! But LIE-berals have NO record of her ever being processed by Immigration so cannot say if she is a landed immigrant! LIE-berals cannot say if she might have entered the country either legally or otherwise! She just popped up on the govt radar from nowhere after being deported from Turkey after trying to join Al Qaida and claiming to be Cdn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(All this means it will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to deport this woman since we have NO CLUE where she was born or came from! Not that it matters since LIE-berals have NO intention of deporting Muslim terrorists anyway as Our idiot Boy Justin has TOLD US SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Even worse- at the trial for attempted murder Dughmosh freely admitted she wanted to kill Cdns and told the judge that if he freed her then she would attack again! She then insisted on pleading guilty in order to get the trial over and one! And the judge told her not to be so hasty and to think it over!)

(This in the same legal system that is so over loaded that in summer 2017 they released SEVEN accused killers without the bother of a trial- AND LIE-berals also released 4 accused men who had fraudulently STOLEN a total of $44 million dollars- and no need for a trial for this gang either! With LIE-berals whining they did not have the resources to give the men a fair trial in a timely manner so the only “fair” thing was to let them go without any trial! But LIE-beral judges will screw around with terrorist Dughmosh till the cows come home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mohamed met with members of the terror group but abandoned his plans when his mother and brother followed him to Turkey and convinced him to return to Canada.

Back home, he continued as an armchair instigator on social media. As Justice Bruce Durno would later determine, “His Tweets encouraged and counseled others to commit hate.”

Under several pseudonyms, Mohamed called attacks against Western targets “beautiful” and identified himself in his profile as a “supporter of international terrorism.”

He encouraged radicalized Muslims who couldn’t travel to do their part at home.

“Maybe you shouldn’t live in the lands waging war on islam unless your (sic) planning attacks against them, perhaps either get out or attack,” he wrote in one tweet.

“If someone wants to attack the west, and is scared of large-scale attacks he could start small, like burning cars and kufar [non-believers] in parking lots,” he wrote in another.

Days after the 2016 terror attacks in Belgium, a post on his Twitter account showed an image of travellers being gunned down and he asked: “Where can I get the Brussels airport MOD (modification)” for the violent video game Call of Duty?”

Two days later, Mohamed was under arrest.

(So rather clearly SOMETHING must be done about this guy but what? LIE-berals OPPOSE either deportation or jail or mental health treatment for the clown! Maybe our BIGGEST problem here is LIE-berals and not Muslims????????????????)

(In other news about LIE-beral security failings we hear this):

FUREY: Toronto ISIS returnee is laughing at us – something must be done
MANDEL: Mentally ill stabber in army recruiting centre attack to be allowed into community

When he was tracked down hiding on the Waterloo campus, investigators found a large hunting knife in his black computer bag and in a university locker, “handwritten notes taken from Al-Qaida publications which outlined targets, how to generate a plan, discussed firearms and grenades, and preparing then executing the operation.”

Mohamed faced up to 10 years in prison, but in a sweetheart deal the Crown and defence agreed at his sentencing hearing in October 2017 that he should serve only four-and-a-half years due to his early guilty plea and agreement to enter a de-radicalization program.

(The Quran tells us that Allah favours the compassionate and merciful- but radical Muslims scorn us as SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But now it seems the aspiring jihadist has refused to participate in anything like that program — and yet he’s being released anyway.

(So LIE-berals shrug in the face of terrorist defiance? And then LIE-berals tell us NOT to worry about national security issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Gurski worries Mohamed may now emerge from prison as a “rock star” to his followers. “And he could say, ‘If you think I was pissed off before…”

Fear not, however. The parole board has imposed conditions on his release, including staying away from Internet and taking “religious counselling” — the same counselling he’s eschewed before.

(Yes- it does appear that the greatest threat to peace, order and good govt in Canada marches under the LIE-beral banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Colpy
Conservative
+3

The only major party that is deader than the Liberals is the NDP...........of course the Liberals took Outremont, a Montreal riding, and that city is long a Liberal stronghold.

Turbans are illegal in Quebec? No........the are not. Gimme a break.

In general, the on-going Liberal attempt to save SNC-Lavalin is absolute proff the Liberals are corrupt, incompetent, and unfit to govern. Well, colour me surprized!

Do you understand why?

First, they broke the law...........as Michael Wernick testified without realizing it.

Second, they are corrupt, in SNC's pocket.

Thirdly, and by far most importantly, do you know how to wreck a democratic society?

Do you know what is much, much worse than losing 9,000 jobs in Canada?
Creating and/or tolerating a climate of corruption in our country. It shakes the very foundation of what we are.

Like the cancer it is, SNC-Lavalin needs to be excised.

Like the cancer it is, the Liberal Gov't needs to be excised on October 21.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Conservatives Would Win 2019 Federal Election If Held Today: Poll

Quote:

A new poll puts Andrew Scheer's Conservatives seven points ahead of the Liberals, gaining the favour of 38 per cent of voters, putting them in majority government territory, compared to 31 per cent for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's party, according to an Angus Reid Institute report. …………….hit the link for more

Hoid
Turnout for conservative victory in Ontario less than 20%

Twin_Moose
Conservative
They didn't need anymore than that apparently Lol

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

THE PHRASE "ONE TERM WONDER" comes to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Our idiot Boy Justin and his pal Wynne-bag have done such a wonderful job between them that it might take a decade or more to restore LIE-beral fortunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One has only to look at how long it took LIE-berals to recover from their three billion dollar adscam theft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider that LIE-beral Chretien was dreaming of a fourth term that was not to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then consider the fates of Paul Martin, Stephane Dion and Michael Ignatieff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-BERALS simply have no more answers or excuses left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four years of OUR idiot Boy`s LIE-beral govt will have left us with another hundred billion dollars in debt - assuming the 2019 LIE-beral final budget is as MUCH A FANTASY as the 2018 Wynne final budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this does NOT count for the ongoing national security costs of supervising 60,000 Muslim refugees - some of whom have already demonstrated their interest in JIHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nor does that $100 billion cover the ONGOING COST to support tens of thousands of illegals that LIE-berals have lured here without any plan how to feed, clothe and house them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply borrowing money until bankers cut you OFF is not the great plan LIE-berals think it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Good thing.

Colpy
Conservative
+1
Jody Wilson-Raybould just fired a pair of torpedos into the good ship Sunny Ways.

Can't wait for next week's polls.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Jody Wilson-Raybould just fired a pair of torpedos into the good ship Sunny Ways.

Can't wait for next week's polls.

The Liberal "damage control" crew at work ought to be fun to watch. Will they try to trash Jody? She's conducted herself with integrity and that'll only dig them in deeper. Deny, deny? See above. They don't have an escape route, short of firing half of the PMO and praying that the human sacrifice will do the trick.

Hoid
Deny what?

Deny that the PM went out of his way to save 9000 jobs in Quebec?

Do you honestly think that the average voter in Quebec is going to be angry about that?

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1

Deny what?
Do you honestly think that the average voter in Quebec is going to be angry about that?

The average Quebec voter doesn't give a flying feck about the Federal Liberals, anymore.

Colpy
Conservative
+2

Deny what?

So, you think it is absolutely fine to threaten and harass Canada's Attorney-General to pressure her to interfere in a criminal case for political reasons?

Ask me if I'm surprized. Liberals gonna liberal. The Liberal Party was and is the most corrupt political institution in Canada. That is why I have never voted for them.

Liberals would all be happier if we just proclaimed Justin king, so he could avoid all these embarrassing requirements to make promises and obey the law.

And yes, I think Quebecers will not be pleased with these revelations. Maybe not to the same extent as the RoC, but enough to significantly damage Liberal hopes in that province.