Bolland?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Bolland?

Boba

spaminator
CNN cans commentator after Nazi salute tweet
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:03 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:14 AM EDT
NEW YORK — CNN fired conservative commentator Jeffrey Lord on Thursday after he tweeted a Nazi salute at a critic.
A network spokesperson confirmed that Lord was no longer with the network and said “Nazi salutes are indefensible.” The statement came hours after Lord tweeted the Nazi slogan “Sieg Heil!” at the head of a liberal advocacy group, Media Matters for America.
Lord said in a telephone interview Thursday night that he respected CNN and its journalists, but fundamentally disagreed with the network’s decision to fire him. He said his “Sieg Heil!” tweet was not an endorsement of Nazism or fascist tactics, but was meant to mock Media Matters and its use of boycotts of advertisers of conservative voices such as Sean Hannity, which Lord equated with fascism.
“I want to make something very clear. I have nothing but respect, affection and love for CNN. I think the world of CNN,” Lord told The Associated Press. “I think they’re terrific people and serious people.”
He called himself a “First Amendment fundamentalist” and called CNN’s decision disappointing. “From my perspective CNN caved on the First Amendment of all things. I disagree. I respectfully disagree.”
He declined to get into specifics of how he was fired, saying he wanted to keep that a private conversation.
Retained by CNN in August 2015, Lord was an indefatigable on-air supporter of Donald Trump throughout his candidacy and since his election. A contributor to the conservative magazine The American Spectator, Lord is a former aide to Jack Kemp and Ronald Reagan.
He had repeatedly clashed with Media Matters president Angelo Carusone, whose group condemned CNN for employing him as a commentator.
Following a harsh exchange of tweets with Carusone earlier this week, Lord posted an article for The American Spectator on Thursday morning, calling Carusone’s group the “Media Matters Fascists” and casting them as “anti-free speech bigots who, in typical fascist style, make it their mission to shut down speech they don’t like.”
During the day, the Twitter sparring resumed, with Lord finally responding to Carusone with the tweet: “Sieg Heil!”
In subsequent tweets, he insisted he meant to be “mocking Nazis and Fascists.”
“I believe in a writer’s toolbox there are several ways you deal with people,” Lord said. “One of them is to mock them.”
During his presence on CNN’s airwaves Lord had frequently riled CNN hosts including Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon, fellow commentators, and viewers with many of his statements. During Super Tuesday election night coverage in March 2016, he argued that the KKK was a left-wing organization because of Democrats’ support of it many decades before. In April, he called President Donald Trump the “Martin Luther King” of health care.
Lord said he did not know what his next steps would be, but said he didn’t intend to stop speaking out about the First Amendment and other issues.
Asked about how he felt about having a tweet end his CNN career, Lord said he wasn’t necessarily surprised given the vitriol Twitter can provoke. Ironically, he said, tweeting more was a New Year’s resolution.
He said he had received “a tidal wave of support” from conservatives after his firing.

CNN cans commentator after Nazi salute tweet | World | News | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

CNN cans commentator after Nazi salute tweet
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:03 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:14 AM EDT
NEW YORK — CNN fired conservative commentator Jeffrey Lord on Thursday after he tweeted a Nazi salute at a critic.
A network spokesperson confirmed that Lord was no longer with the network and said “Nazi salutes are indefensible.” The statement came hours after Lord tweeted the Nazi slogan “Sieg Heil!” at the head of a liberal advocacy group, Media Matters for America.
Lord said in a telephone interview Thursday night that he respected CNN and its journalists, but fundamentally disagreed with the network’s decision to fire him. He said his “Sieg Heil!” tweet was not an endorsement of Nazism or fascist tactics, but was meant to mock Media Matters and its use of boycotts of advertisers of conservative voices such as Sean Hannity, which Lord equated with fascism.
“I want to make something very clear. I have nothing but respect, affection and love for CNN. I think the world of CNN,” Lord told The Associated Press. “I think they’re terrific people and serious people.”
He called himself a “First Amendment fundamentalist” and called CNN’s decision disappointing. “From my perspective CNN caved on the First Amendment of all things. I disagree. I respectfully disagree.”
He declined to get into specifics of how he was fired, saying he wanted to keep that a private conversation.
Retained by CNN in August 2015, Lord was an indefatigable on-air supporter of Donald Trump throughout his candidacy and since his election. A contributor to the conservative magazine The American Spectator, Lord is a former aide to Jack Kemp and Ronald Reagan.
He had repeatedly clashed with Media Matters president Angelo Carusone, whose group condemned CNN for employing him as a commentator.
Following a harsh exchange of tweets with Carusone earlier this week, Lord posted an article for The American Spectator on Thursday morning, calling Carusone’s group the “Media Matters Fascists” and casting them as “anti-free speech bigots who, in typical fascist style, make it their mission to shut down speech they don’t like.”
During the day, the Twitter sparring resumed, with Lord finally responding to Carusone with the tweet: “Sieg Heil!”
In subsequent tweets, he insisted he meant to be “mocking Nazis and Fascists.”
“I believe in a writer’s toolbox there are several ways you deal with people,” Lord said. “One of them is to mock them.”
During his presence on CNN’s airwaves Lord had frequently riled CNN hosts including Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon, fellow commentators, and viewers with many of his statements. During Super Tuesday election night coverage in March 2016, he argued that the KKK was a left-wing organization because of Democrats’ support of it many decades before. In April, he called President Donald Trump the “Martin Luther King” of health care.
Lord said he did not know what his next steps would be, but said he didn’t intend to stop speaking out about the First Amendment and other issues.
Asked about how he felt about having a tweet end his CNN career, Lord said he wasn’t necessarily surprised given the vitriol Twitter can provoke. Ironically, he said, tweeting more was a New Year’s resolution.
He said he had received “a tidal wave of support” from conservatives after his firing.

CNN cans commentator after Nazi salute tweet | World | News | Toronto Sun

Clearly the case rests on the little matter of context! The guy says he was mocking his accuser. if so then its FINE! After all, politcally correct loonie leftists are very fond of calling people they disagree with NAZIS!

tay
+1

Walter
+1 / -1
More death throes.
Blog: CNN throws in the towel on fake Russian news

spaminator
'I'm coming to gun you all down': Michigan man arrested after phone threats to CNN in Atlanta
Associated Press
More from Associated Press
Published:
January 23, 2018
Updated:
January 23, 2018 9:27 AM EST
The CNN Center is seen in Atlanta on Jan. 8, 2018. Inset, Brandon Griesemer from Facebook.Christian Petersen / Getty Images
ATLANTA — A Michigan man has been arrested after authorities say he threatened to travel to Atlanta and kill people at CNN headquarters.
Federal court documents filed in Michigan say 19-year-old Brandon Griesemer of Novi, Michigan, began calling CNN on Jan. 9. He allegedly told a CNN operator, “Fake News. I’m coming to gun you all down.” He allegedly made racist and anti-Semitic comments too. Altogether, there were 22 calls from two phones over two days.
The phone numbers were traced to Griesemer’s family. Court documents say Griesemer had earlier made threatening calls to a local mosque.
An FBI affidavit says Griesemer made interstate threats by phone, in violation of federal law.
Griesemer, a part-time grocery worker, was arrested, with bail set at $10,000. He is represented by a public defender.
‘I’m coming to gun you all down’: Michigan man arrested after phone threats to CNN in Atlanta | Toronto Sun

B00Mer
Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2

DaSleeper
+3
Trump should get a percentage of the news industry profits.....He keeping them solvent with all the snowflakes just lapping up those anti-Trump news......

Walter
+1
Trump has been good business for everyone.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2

Paper money that is created in a stock market scam can disappear as quickly as it appeared- especially with Yankee national debt still rising!

The ONLY good thing Trump has done so far is limit Muslim access to the land they all love to hate and all want to immigrate to for the money!

Danbones
Mcdonalds did great with fake food too

for a while

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

What happened to Seth Rich?

who cares......

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

Sean Hannity.

Who cares asks the LIE-beral? Why.....ALL the LIE-berals care as their policies and beliefs fall into disgrace!

Walter
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_network.html

spaminator
CNN’s Don Lemon says he ‘misspoke’ on false claim about Fox News | Toronto Sun

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

CNN’s Don Lemon says he ‘misspoke’ on false claim about Fox News | Toronto Sun

Here is an article asking an obvious question and then avoiding the truthful answer! And it illustrates some of the COSTLY consequences of LIE-beral Fake News! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Aboriginal affairs: Is it all just ‘a bloody farce’?

(Answer to that is YES!)

By Gordon Chong. First posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 09:34 PM EDT | Updated: Saturday, June 10, 2017 09:42 PM EDT

Inquiry into missing, murdered indigenous women to cost nearly $14 million more than expected.

(Gee, there is a surprise- a useless LIE-beral feel good exercise that also costs a BUNDLE more than expected!)

Families of missing, murdered women feel left out from inquiry: advocates

(What kind of screw up dog and pony show are these LIE-berals running? And how did they convince natives that anything good would come from their political showboating?)

Are we ready to reconcile with our First Nations?

(Reconcile? Are we to apologize because way too many natives have decided to be drug addled drunkards who beat their spouses and neglect their kids?)

Bill Wilson, a hereditary chief and father to federal Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould, recently and justifiably called the disorganized inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls “a bloody farce”.

(Again I ask: “what else did natives expect? There is no new evidence, no new facts, no way to alter reality without getting set up for a slander suit! Twenty years ago cops could solve well over 90 percent of murder cases but that number has dropped into the high 60`s or very low 70`s with the rise of gangs and organized crime. Such groups can cover for each other and stymie the best of homicide cops! Add in the risky life choices of most of the missing women and you have a master plan for a LOT of unsolved cases so why did publicity Hog LIE-berals suggest any other result would occur?)

This after more than 30 advocates, indigenous leaders and family members wrote the chief commissioner last month suggesting the two-year, $53.8 million inquiry was in “serious trouble,” that there was broad and deep concern over poor communication and slow progress.

(Again-what progress did native leaders expect with no new facts and no new information?)

Having crossed swords with Pierre Trudeau in the 1980s over aboriginal amendments to Canada’s Constitution, and won, Justin Trudeau’s government should pay heed to Wilson.

Instead, the younger Trudeau’s government has blithely ventured into the murky politics of aboriginal affairs and its maladroitness deserves Wilson’s rebuke.

However, there’s no mistaking aboriginal issues in this country have long been politicized and divisive.

(For too long native affairs have been the preserve of divisive and irresponsible persons.)

It’s even fair to suggest there are those who feel the entire aboriginal affairs file is mired in politics and is a bloody farce.

On one side are the hapless elected officials who really cannot bring themselves to act decisively and on the other, the astute and increasingly aggressive aboriginal leaders who sense and exploit “white guilt”.

(Yes! Two faced hypocrites on BOTH sides of the fence!)

Perry Bellegarde, Chief of the Assembly of First Nations and an experienced politician, has said repeatedly “Canada is our (aboriginals’) land.”

(Well yes- IT WAS their land! But now natives MUST share- especially if they want access to money from white tax payers- and since natives would mostly STARVE OR FREEZE without welfare money- natives are under pressure to be sensible!)
Bellegarde cites the numbered Treaties that were negotiated, and amended as they were negotiated, the Constitution, as well as the United Nations (unfortunately now dominated by venal, corrupt dictators) Declaration of Indigenous Rights as evidence.

There’s no question colonial powers (Britain, France and Spain) expanded their empire in what was a new land occupied by aboriginal tribes.

European powers also frequently went to war with one another to supplant the territory of other nations.

The aboriginal tribes who lived in what is now Canada and the United States before the arrival of the Europeans, had done the same thing — fighting and displacing one another for territory.

(NO saints amongst either natives or whites!)

Canada and the U.S. took different approaches to aboriginal “reconciliation”, though the Fathers of Confederation and their American counterparts like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, were all ruthlessly single-minded in their determination to forge a unified nation from one coast to the other.

However, whereas the Americans decided that actual genocide was the only way to success, John A. Macdonald concluded assimilation through education was a better alternative.

(IN other words- those who choose to condemn MacDonald are ignoring his true influence!)

In Canada, Christian churches were given the responsibility of educating aboriginals in the residential schools.

(How can it be wrong to train young natives in skills they will need to survive in the new culture and new economy?)

Some of these clergy abused their authority, despite the initial intention to “integrate” Canada’s aboriginal population.

(There is no doubt the program was veery badly managed- but this does not make the goals wrong!)

Tragic consequences followed.

As historian Desmond Morton has said: “Macdonald opted for the best instrument he or his age could conceive for helping the people of our First Nations to gain access to the European cultures that had and would dominate the country he had helped to create and unite.”

(The best evidence suggests that whites hoped that natives would adopt a Metis style life- in which people would live for much of the year in cabins and work as farmers- but would do a little hunting and fishing as opportunity presented. Both whites and natives of the time believed that the Metis lifestyle would be the best option for natives!)

As a consequence of the bigotry of the time, Canada’s aboriginals were viciously subjected to shameful atrocities.

(It is srong to blame people of previous centuries because they do not understand our current values!)

But, should the current, continuous political theatre and stage-managed public hearings to dredge up the painful past be our prime focus?

Or, would it be better to deal with the current tragedies that make daily headlines?

That is, the poverty, third world living conditions, lack of infrastructure and economic opportunity, drug and alcohol addiction and unacceptable suicide rates that afflict too many reserves, too many First Nations’ families.

(LIE-berals go to great lengths to AVOID discussing gross corruption on Cdn reserves! And they have made it clear they have NO interest in maling ANY sensible changes!)

Would it not be better to focus on consolidating these communities closer to services, improving infrastructure on remote ones and educating the next generations so they can successfully participate in the Canadian mainstream?

(It’s a nice thought but natives will NOT cooperate in consolidating communties! They are so hostile to whites that any suggestion made by whites will be rejected regardless of the logic behind it- LIE-berals have convinced natives they are `victims` and that thyey have only to trust LIE-berals and heaven will come to them!)

The aboriginal experience has been, and remains, a tragedy that has, unfortunately, descended into a political farce.

It is ironic, as well, that some self-proclaimed public intellectuals advocate ancestral language and cultural retention for a sense of identity, but have personally abandoned them, and fully integrated and immersed themselves in one or both of Canada’s official languages.

(One may offer a sentimental support for native languages as it is a part of ancient culture hut it is NOT useful to promote obscure native languages at the expense of English and French ability in the modern world!)

Another instructive serving of hypocrisy and hubris from on high.

Yes, it’s time to stop this “bloody farce"!

(The KEY is ending endemic corruption on reserves- it is this political poison that helps persuade natives that white life is all wrong and bad since it is white/LIE-beral politicians who have decided not to deal with that corruption! LIE-berals are making us all look bad!)

Walter
+2
CNN IN CRISIS? February Ratings Down 19 Percent, 16 Percent in Prime Time
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...ent-prime-time

captain morgan
+2
I guess that their fake news policy has finally caught up with them

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I guess that their fake news policy has finally caught up with them

Programming based on hate isn’t compelling viewing.

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

FoxNews is dying and Walter too..

All the sex scandals

CNN is rocking

I hope both Fox and CNN die.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Here is an article asking an obvious question and then avoiding the truthful answer! And it illustrates some of the COSTLY consequences of LIE-beral Fake News! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Aboriginal affairs: Is it all just ‘a bloody farce’?

(Answer to that is YES!)

By Gordon Chong. First posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 09:34 PM EDT | Updated: Saturday, June 10, 2017 09:42 PM EDT

Inquiry into missing, murdered indigenous women to cost nearly $14 million more than expected.

(Gee, there is a surprise- a useless LIE-beral feel good exercise that also costs a BUNDLE more than expected!)

Families of missing, murdered women feel left out from inquiry: advocates

(What kind of screw up dog and pony show are these LIE-berals running? And how did they convince natives that anything good would come from their political showboating?)

Are we ready to reconcile with our First Nations?

(Reconcile? Are we to apologize because way too many natives have decided to be drug addled drunkards who beat their spouses and neglect their kids?)

Bill Wilson, a hereditary chief and father to federal Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould, recently and justifiably called the disorganized inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls “a bloody farce”.

(Again I ask: “what else did natives expect? There is no new evidence, no new facts, no way to alter reality without getting set up for a slander suit! Twenty years ago cops could solve well over 90 percent of murder cases but that number has dropped into the high 60`s or very low 70`s with the rise of gangs and organized crime. Such groups can cover for each other and stymie the best of homicide cops! Add in the risky life choices of most of the missing women and you have a master plan for a LOT of unsolved cases so why did publicity Hog LIE-berals suggest any other result would occur?)

This after more than 30 advocates, indigenous leaders and family members wrote the chief commissioner last month suggesting the two-year, $53.8 million inquiry was in “serious trouble,” that there was broad and deep concern over poor communication and slow progress.

(Again-what progress did native leaders expect with no new facts and no new information?)

Having crossed swords with Pierre Trudeau in the 1980s over aboriginal amendments to Canada’s Constitution, and won, Justin Trudeau’s government should pay heed to Wilson.

Instead, the younger Trudeau’s government has blithely ventured into the murky politics of aboriginal affairs and its maladroitness deserves Wilson’s rebuke.

However, there’s no mistaking aboriginal issues in this country have long been politicized and divisive.

(For too long native affairs have been the preserve of divisive and irresponsible persons.)

It’s even fair to suggest there are those who feel the entire aboriginal affairs file is mired in politics and is a bloody farce.

On one side are the hapless elected officials who really cannot bring themselves to act decisively and on the other, the astute and increasingly aggressive aboriginal leaders who sense and exploit “white guilt”.

(Yes! Two faced hypocrites on BOTH sides of the fence!)

Perry Bellegarde, Chief of the Assembly of First Nations and an experienced politician, has said repeatedly “Canada is our (aboriginals’) land.”

(Well yes- IT WAS their land! But now natives MUST share- especially if they want access to money from white tax payers- and since natives would mostly STARVE OR FREEZE without welfare money- natives are under pressure to be sensible!)
Bellegarde cites the numbered Treaties that were negotiated, and amended as they were negotiated, the Constitution, as well as the United Nations (unfortunately now dominated by venal, corrupt dictators) Declaration of Indigenous Rights as evidence.

There’s no question colonial powers (Britain, France and Spain) expanded their empire in what was a new land occupied by aboriginal tribes.

European powers also frequently went to war with one another to supplant the territory of other nations.

The aboriginal tribes who lived in what is now Canada and the United States before the arrival of the Europeans, had done the same thing — fighting and displacing one another for territory.

(NO saints amongst either natives or whites!)

Canada and the U.S. took different approaches to aboriginal “reconciliation”, though the Fathers of Confederation and their American counterparts like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, were all ruthlessly single-minded in their determination to forge a unified nation from one coast to the other.

However, whereas the Americans decided that actual genocide was the only way to success, John A. Macdonald concluded assimilation through education was a better alternative.

(IN other words- those who choose to condemn MacDonald are ignoring his true influence!)

In Canada, Christian churches were given the responsibility of educating aboriginals in the residential schools.

(How can it be wrong to train young natives in skills they will need to survive in the new culture and new economy?)

Some of these clergy abused their authority, despite the initial intention to “integrate” Canada’s aboriginal population.

(There is no doubt the program was veery badly managed- but this does not make the goals wrong!)

Tragic consequences followed.

As historian Desmond Morton has said: “Macdonald opted for the best instrument he or his age could conceive for helping the people of our First Nations to gain access to the European cultures that had and would dominate the country he had helped to create and unite.”

(The best evidence suggests that whites hoped that natives would adopt a Metis style life- in which people would live for much of the year in cabins and work as farmers- but would do a little hunting and fishing as opportunity presented. Both whites and natives of the time believed that the Metis lifestyle would be the best option for natives!)

As a consequence of the bigotry of the time, Canada’s aboriginals were viciously subjected to shameful atrocities.

(It is srong to blame people of previous centuries because they do not understand our current values!)

But, should the current, continuous political theatre and stage-managed public hearings to dredge up the painful past be our prime focus?

Or, would it be better to deal with the current tragedies that make daily headlines?

That is, the poverty, third world living conditions, lack of infrastructure and economic opportunity, drug and alcohol addiction and unacceptable suicide rates that afflict too many reserves, too many First Nations’ families.

(LIE-berals go to great lengths to AVOID discussing gross corruption on Cdn reserves! And they have made it clear they have NO interest in maling ANY sensible changes!)

Would it not be better to focus on consolidating these communities closer to services, improving infrastructure on remote ones and educating the next generations so they can successfully participate in the Canadian mainstream?

(It’s a nice thought but natives will NOT cooperate in consolidating communties! They are so hostile to whites that any suggestion made by whites will be rejected regardless of the logic behind it- LIE-berals have convinced natives they are `victims` and that thyey have only to trust LIE-berals and heaven will come to them!)

The aboriginal experience has been, and remains, a tragedy that has, unfortunately, descended into a political farce.

It is ironic, as well, that some self-proclaimed public intellectuals advocate ancestral language and cultural retention for a sense of identity, but have personally abandoned them, and fully integrated and immersed themselves in one or both of Canada’s official languages.

(One may offer a sentimental support for native languages as it is a part of ancient culture hut it is NOT useful to promote obscure native languages at the expense of English and French ability in the modern world!)

Another instructive serving of hypocrisy and hubris from on high.

Yes, it’s time to stop this “bloody farce"!

(The KEY is ending endemic corruption on reserves- it is this political poison that helps persuade natives that white life is all wrong and bad since it is white/LIE-beral politicians who have decided not to deal with that corruption! LIE-berals are making us all look bad!)

Another good rant , but the author was named Chong ,.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

I hope both Fox and CNN die.

It's inevitable. Only old people watch cable news.

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

It's inevitable. Only old people watch cable news.

True. Just look at who constantly argues about it.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

True. Just look at who constantly argues about it.

Poor LIE-berals- they are losing ground on all fronts! only a SMALL percent of Cdns like the brand new federal LIE-beral budget. And as we have seen from repeated LIE-beral posts here- they are willfully blind to critical comment! They are so greedy and so arrogant they are incapable of any change!

Here is some more on the Metrolinx outrage and the efforts of LIE-beral transport minister Del Duca to bury the problem-along with some comments of my own in brackets):

Metrolinx stumbles from crisis to crisis. First posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 10:39 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 10:49 PM EDT

Metrolinx's UP Express which carries passengers between Union Station and Pearson Airport. (Toronto Sun files)

The good news is, or rather was, that Ontario Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca was finally driven by repeated Metrolinx screw-ups to order a review of the province’s disaster-prone regional transportation agency.

The bad news is Metrolinx Chair Rob Prichard got in a snit about it and told the Metrolinx board he got Del Duca to substantially “soften” and limit “the breadth” of that review.

(Great-the Metrolinx HOGS are telling the guys that sign their pay cheques to mind their own business!)

That letter having gotten out courtesy of the Toronto Sun’s Shawn Jeffords, spokesmen for Del Duca and Prichard now say everything’s proceeding swimmingly with the review which is supposed to be out in the fall.

In other words, instead of kicking down doors and taking names, which is what is clearly needed to right the listing Metrolinx ship, it sounds like this review will be little more than a whitewash of this “arm’s length” government agency as it stumbles from disaster to disaster.

Metrolinx ignored seven — SEVEN! — of its own detailed reports telling it the $27.50 one-way fare it was planning to charge for the Union-to-Pearson Express was too high to attract riders.

Metrolinx charged it anyway and riders stayed away in droves, until it finally lowered the fare to $12.

Then there was Metrolinx’s bizarre, costly and unnecessary promotion of new uniforms for UP staff.

Plus its pointless cross-promotion deals with everything from the Toronto International Film Festival to a Toronto, Buffalo Bills football game, which always seemed to end with Metrolinx staff being showered with goodies.

(I say Del Duca won’t want to admit it but Metrolinx Hogs are simply behaving like LIE-berals! All Hogs think they are ENTITLED-just like little kids in a candy store whose parents have told them they can have anything they want!)

Ontario’s Liberal government created Metrolinx to take the heat off itself on major transit decisions — then overruled it anyway, when, for example, the Liberals decided they needed to back a Scarborough subway, instead of an LRT, to get a Liberal candidate elected in a Scarborough byelection..

(And now that a LIE-beral represents Scarborough, WILL there be a subway? Gosh NO! What is wrong with Hogs that they continue to BELIEVE LIE-berals-in SPITE of the roughly THREE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS in outstanding pension IOU`s that LIE-berals have offered up but cannot pay for!)

Then auditor general Jim McCarter blasted Metrolinx in 2012 for letting the budget for its “Presto” pass almost triple to $700 million.

(Hey-if EXCESS is good for ORNGE and E-health its certainly good enough for Metrolinx! Or is it?)

On Tuesday, Metrolinx awarded a $428 million contract to build double-decker Go Trains to Bombardier, even though the company is behind schedule on a $1 billion streetcar order with Toronto and a previous $770 million contract with Metrolinx for LRTs.

Maybe it’s time to put Metrolinx out of its — and our — misery.

(Oh-I would say its WAY PAST TIME! Metrolinx was created to get things done-and NOTHING is being done. The only thing being built is Eglinton LRT-and its being done because of former Toronto mayor Rob Ford-who recognized that the city had money for either Hog gravy OR they could have money for LRT-BUT NOT BOTH-so Ford cut the gravy!)

(Metrolinx was supposed to make transit choices-and they have been over ruled on Scarborough subway by LIE-berals. They were supposed to ensure transit jobs such as UP line were done on time and on budget-ANOTHER FAIL! And what of the MESS on Queens Quay? Over time and over budget-with a BADLY designed intersection that causes all manner of trouble for drivers! They HAVE provided a series of studies on Toronto transit options as requested-but since the city and province are BROKE-nothing will be built. And we don’t need more plans-we need cash money and shovels in the ground and Metrolinx ain’t needed for that! Kick those Hogs out of OUR trough! )

EagleSmack
+2
Trump calls CNN 'fake news' after reporter asks him question at G-7

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...question-at-g7

Twin_Moose
+2
"Wait, wait who do you work for, ah CNN thought so, just the way you asked your question fake news" Fricken hilarious when I heard that live on Fox as he was walking over to Steve for an impromptu interview.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

"Wait, wait who do you work for, ah CNN thought so, just the way you asked your question fake news" Fricken hilarious when I heard that live on Fox as he was walking over to Steve for an impromptu interview.

Isn't it a great thing to live in Canada! We still have some news media who have NOT surrendered to LIE-beral propaganda!

Consider this older article that illustrates how badly we have been served by the Hogs at Metrolinx:

Here we ask the burning question: can LIE-beral appointees do ANYTHING efficiently? In answer, we have the column written by Shawn Jeffords set out below, along with some comments of my own in brackets):

Metrolinx failing to hold contractors accountable: says Attorney General.

By Shawn Jeffords, Political Bureau Chief. First posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:42 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:46 PM EST.

Do a crappy job for Metrolinx and odds are that won’t prevent the agency from hiring you again and again and again.

Ontario’s Auditor General says the troubled transit agency does not hold contractors and design consultants accountable for work that is late or inadequate. In her annual report, released Wednesday, Bonnie Lysyk also says that shoddy work doesn’t disqualify a contractor from being hired again by Metrolinx.

(Things are apparently so bad that Attorney General Bonnie Lysyk recently appeared on TVO/The Agenda with photos of a pedestrian bridge built over highway 401 at Liverpool Rd-appearing to show that a portion of the prefabricated bridge framing had been installed upside down and then repaired-with the extra cost to fix things being carried by Metrolinx-rather than the stupid contractor !)

(Govt ministry spokes people deny the Lysyk claim but there are a lot of funny steel bars running at odd angles to be seen at one end of the bridge. And one has to ask why an auditor-who is Not trained as an engineer-would make such a damning claim against her employer-UNLESS she had seen the BILLS in her capacity as a genuinely skilled and competent AUDITOR?)

(Either Lysysk is seeking to be fired or else she has again exposed massive LIE-beral malfeasance and utter incompetence! Given LIE-beral history related to various scandals regarding bad snow plow contracts, the newly built and now collapsing main highway bridge near Lake Nippissing, the scandal from 2015 in which major support girders for bridges crossing 401 were found to be sub standard, the recent exposure of sub standard asphalt-quickly crumbling and being used extensively on our highways-complete with phoney asphalt samples supplied as part of the process and the fact that govt contracts of any sort in Ontari-owe ALWAYS seem to be at least 25 percent over budget, plus the recent govt ordered investigations into Metrolinx mis-use of tax payers money make this cynical tax payer think that Lysyk is genuinely on to something!)

“The lack of progress to hold construction contractors accountable contributes to projects being completed late, inconveniences commuters, and adds extra costs for Metrolinx and taxpayers,” Lysyk said in a news release.

The auditor cites the example of one contractor who was terminated because of poor performance then subsequently re-hired for another job.

(The guy gets FIRED for being an idiot and then they RE-HIRE HIM? Could even a LIE-beral do such a thing? Apparently YES!)

“Metrolinx should implement a system to ensure it does not rehire poorly performing contractors, and it should introduce penalties such as late fines,” she added.

(From my own experience I can say that govt DOES generally have legal coverage and insurance -which is usually quietly shoved aside thanks to loop holes left in the contract documents- or by dubious excuses accepted by govt employees.)

Late delivery of projects has cost taxpayers millions, the auditor says. Her office randomly sampled eight Metrolinx projects and found the agency had paid $2 million — or 150% — more than was budgeted to contractors. Metrolinx rarely takes actions against contractors for late delivery, the audit says.

The audit found that in one case, a contractor was awarded 22 more projects, totalling more than $90 million, after performing poorly for the agency in 2009.

“We reviewed the contractor’s performance on a few of these 22 projects and noted that project staff continued to rate its performance as poor,” the report notes.

Metrolinx continues to allow the contractor to bid for work, the report says.

In the past five years Metrolinx has completed 520 construction projects which cost $4.1 billion. Over the next 10 years they will spend $27 billion on new public transit.

(Clearly this Metrolinx business is a MASSIVE conflict of interest in which people who are working for govt in various generally EXTREMELY well paid capacities also get to VOTE for a LIE-beral govt that will look the other way and not see potential FRAUD in their departments!)

The audit raises concerns about deals Metrolinx strikes with CN and CP railways to use or build track. It found that the agency does not have “adequate processes” in place to consistently ensure value for money in these deals with the railways. It has also been paying “excessively high” mark-ups when CN builds new rails.

The report notes that material costs are 60% higher and labour costs 130% higher on work completed by CN for Metrolinx than other rail companies working for the agency, the report notes.

“For contracts with CN and CP, Metrolinx does not know that it is getting what it pays for,” the report says. “It does not verify charged costs; it does not ensure that charged costs are reasonable.”

Metrolinx says during the review period its capital investment and construction costs have more than doubled.

“Metrolinx has taken many measures over this period to continue to improve its controls over this program,” the agency said in response to the audit.

(This tax payer believes it is time for people to be fired-too many govt officials have a far too cosy relationship with the contractors they hire. And there appears to be need for police involvement to determine if there are organized crime figures in the mix? I have a poor opinion of civil servants and their dubious work ethic but one has to ask if they would routinely be as sloppy as Lysyk points out UNLESS there was force and coercion involved as well? We know that Mafia figures have their criminal fingers deep in Quebec govt contracts so who says they are not operating next door in Ontari-owe as well?)

(I recall a news article out of Italy some years back in which a mob figure wanted to buy a piece of property and the owner repeatedly refused various low-ball offers to sell. One day the owner came home to find his distraught wife and teen daughters naked and tied to chairs in his front hall-and then owner received an anonymous phone call commenting on the attractive appearance of mother and daughters and suggesting that next time the women might be the star `entertainment` in a wild party for some `good fellas` UNLESS a deal was struck! The article went on to suggest that such sales `persuasion` was increasingly common in Mob ruled Italy-and the cynic has to ask: “is such thuggery operating here and helping rig govt contracts? And isn`t it unfortunate that prime minister Justin Trudope-Our brainless Boy has brought in all those potential Syrian security threats and made so much work for our cops-keeping an eye on future Jihadists- that they don’t have time to chase Mafia assholes and maybe save Metrolinx from utter disgrace and extinction?)

(I ask: “have we been ENTIRELY ABANDONED by our govt and left to the financial wolves?” Sadly the answer seems to be YES! LIE-beral need for purchased votes apparently TRUMPS any and all other considerations!)

Torch light
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Delicious.

Envier and rancorous!
So in spite of you, it is not dying